/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Niqab in the heat

muslimah_B
07-19-2016, 04:53 PM
Asalam alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatahu everyone

We are at the stage of fitna everywhere we go, as soon as the sun comes out everyones clothes come off, women and men alike, as muslims both are commanded to keep a level of modesty outside of our houses, we are at the times where people have thrown away their deen, their lives for the distractions of shaytan.
I know and would like to think there are more people out there that no matter the struggle they like to keep their modesty firm with the commands of Allah no matter what everyone else is doing..
Some people say that "why would Allah judge me on the clothes i wear, only inside matters" "only Allah can judge me" "who are you to tell me what i can and cant wear" "it doesnt say in the Quran i have to wear THAT" "urgh its ugly" "im not wearing that thing" "its not preety enough"

“I looked into Paradise and I saw that the majority of its people were the poor. And I looked into Hell and I saw that the majority of its people are women.”
(Narrated by al-Bukhari, 3241; Muslim, 2737)*

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allah ibn ‘Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “I was shown Hell and I have never seen anything more terrifying than it. And I saw that the majority of its people are women.” They said, “Why, O Messenger of Allah?” He said, “Because of their ingratitude (kufr).” It was said, “Are they ungrateful to Allah?” He said, “They are ungrateful to their companions (husbands) and ungrateful for good treatment. If you are kind to one of them for a lifetime then she sees one (undesirable) thing in you, she will say, ‘I have never had anything good from you.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhari, 1052)*

It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are two types of the people of Hell that I have not seen yet: men with whips like the tails of cattle, with which they strike the people, and women who are clothed yet naked, walking with an enticing gait, with something on their heads that looks like the humps of camels, leaning to one side. They will never enter Paradise or even smell its fragrance, although its fragrance can be detected from such and such a distance.” (Narrated by Ahmad and by Muslim in al-Saheeh).

How can women deny that our modesty wont count in the judgement, when Hell will be full of these women who denied modesty was "important", who denied proper hijab, who flat out deny hijab, those who call the niqab "cultural" who call it oppressive to women,
Yes all this is from muslims ^^^

I am in no way judging anyone, but we are nearing the end of times and we all have to fix up and get ourselves prepared,
When a sin is carried out openly and others follow it, we should speak out against it OPENLY so people do not follow them, if they sin discreetly then we give advice discreetly in the best of manners.

We now have sisters with this "hijabista" fashion trends, since when did our modesty become a fashion trend ! Since when is a "turban hijab" even a hijab it does not follow any of the requirements of proper modesty
Since when does hijab allow women to be absolutely plasterd in make-up with massive hoop earing and loud jewellery, and people think this is ok, people think this is hijab.
I will not even begin to start on the way sisters carry themselves nowdays, with their open lewdness, openly smoking in public, openly blazing music, what happend to the times of hiding your sins ?
What has happend to the women of today ?
What has happend to the sisters of today ?

(Sorry for the rant im just highly annoyed)

I just thought we could all post how us sisters who wear niqab/hijab can deal with the heat outside (its summer here in the uk and the hottest day of the year so far and its sweltering)
We want to avoid fainting, having panic attacks and heatstrokes, which alot of sisters can encounter wearing niqab, especially those new to it.
I posted this for everyone incase brothers have sisters, wives, mothers, aunties who wear niqab and could also add ideas as to how thier family members deal with the heat.

For starters i generally avoid going out during the day when its really hot if possible.

I try to stay out of crowded public areas (body heat is tooo much)

As we are meant to wear socks i usally wear men type sandals so my feet don't get so hot LOL

If your not fasting drink plenty of water, where possible carry a drink with some sugar in it to keep your energy up while outside.

Anyone else have any advice or tips :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
07-19-2016, 05:10 PM
:salam:

I find it mindboggling when I see how much hayah (modesty) people has lost. The partial nudity is justified by the setting (beach/ it is hot).. Regardless of the setting, wrong is wrong.

Well. Keep your modesty regardless of what people say. I don't understand why anyone would go naked just cuz it is hot. Don't people have any decency or dignity / self-respect?

And Allah :swt: knows best.

muslimah_B
07-19-2016, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

I find it mindboggling when I see how much hayah (modesty) people has lost. The partial nudity is justified by the setting (beach/ it is hot).. Regardless of the setting, wrong is wrong.

Well. Keep your modesty regardless of what people say. I don't understand why anyone would go naked just cuz it is hot. Don't people have any decency or dignity / self-respect?

And Allah :swt: knows best.
Bro people dress like its the beach going to the supermarket LOL (its not funny but theres nothing i can do except laugh or il cry or get angry)

I think alot of peoples dignity/self respect went down the toilet with their "brains"
Im horrified to think how far it will go, we are seeing society going backwards
Hijab is becoming less & tighter clothing along with other women nowdays "less is more" it seems for them

LaSorcia
07-19-2016, 05:40 PM
I posted a similar thread in the Ladies' section. I know what you mean.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
07-19-2016, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_B
Bro people dress like its the beach going to the supermarket LOL (its not funny but theres nothing i can do except laugh or il cry or get angry)

I think alot of peoples dignity/self respect went down the toilet with their "brains"
Im horrified to think how far it will go, we are seeing society going backwards
Hijab is becoming less & tighter clothing along with other women nowdays "less is more" it seems for them
Defintely, not to mention, it is one of Shaytan's traps (to rid mankind off clothing (a blessing from Allah) and to expose their ugliness (private parts?) )

I sense a time will come where people will go fully naked! why? Because people will think "I go with bikinis, lots of skin, what harm is there in going fully naked when all of my body is shown already?" or some other nonsense..

People are losing their sense of shame.. And going almost naked.. For the children who see this, they'll probably be brainwashed (everyone goes naked, the beach, hot, skirts almost shorter and shorter than male underwears)

People are losing dignity and becoming blind to a virtue we all have, which is dignity.

Most of them ignore God, or the side effect of disbelieving in God is that you won't understand and / or you will lose understanding of what it means to be Human, our purpose and morals, etc. Being distant from God can cause this too..

Being embarrassed to go naked or seeing naked people or being naked before others is seen as almost shameful! What is shameful is seen as good.. What is good (modesty, shame, etc. to a certain extent, will get more corrupt prob) is seen as shameful or useless, obstacle to fun, etc.

Allahu alam.

muslimah_B
07-19-2016, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia
I posted a similar thread in the Ladies' section. I know what you mean.
I know i had to rant here aswell LOL even though mine is more how those who cover appropriately can beat the heat, and not feel dizzy, heatstroke, or pass out, it happens quite a bit to sisters who wear niqab (quite scary when you feel faint)

muslimah_B
07-19-2016, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Defintely, not to mention, it is one of Shaytan's traps (to rid mankind off clothing (a blessing from Allah) and to expose their ugliness (private parts?) )

I sense a time will come where people will go fully naked! why? Because people will think "I go with bikinis, lots of skin, what harm is there in going fully naked when all of my body is shown already?" or some other nonsense..

People are losing their sense of shame.. And going almost naked.. For the children who see this, they'll probably be brainwashed (everyone goes naked, the beach, hot, skirts almost shorter and shorter than male underwears)

People are losing dignity and becoming blind to a virtue we all have, which is dignity.

Most of them ignore God, or the side effect of disbelieving in God is that you won't understand and / or you will lose understanding of what it means to be Human, our purpose and morals, etc. Being distant from God can cause this too..

Being embarrassed to go naked or seeing naked people or being naked before others is seen as almost shameful! What is shameful is seen as good.. What is good (modesty, shame, etc. to a certain extent, will get more corrupt prob) is seen as shameful or useless, obstacle to fun, etc.

Allahu alam.
Yes shaytan definately has his hands in everything, this is even spreading to muslim countries, some of them when they come over to the west say they feel "liberated" to uncover and dress fashionable, its just so sad now people are so easily letting go of their islamic identity and giving into how society deems how you should dress.

Even men, brothers i have seen wearing these horrendous skinny jeans [emoji15] i just dont know what to say anymore [emoji15]

The world is crazy

noraina
07-19-2016, 06:36 PM
I don't wear niqab, but today I was out wearing my black abaya and scarf on and I was seriously doubting for a moment whether I'd be able to make it home, lol it was that hot I felt like fainting! With niqab it must be much more difficult. We need some tips from women in Saudi Arabia or Dubai, they walk around covered head to toe in the heat managing to get by with everyday life...they must have some neat secrets.

Just to add, the heat here reached 32 degrees, I was thinking if we find the heat of this dunya so unbearable, how will we find the heat on Qiyamah....subhanAllah. It's a matter of priorities, inshaAllah. :)

strivingobserver98
07-19-2016, 06:37 PM
To all niqabi/hijabi sisters on this warm hot day, may Allah keep you steadfast and reward you immensely. And may He allow you to enter Jannatul Firdaus, and feel the cool air and bliss of Jannah :).

noraina
07-19-2016, 06:38 PM
Even men, brothers i have seen wearing these horrendous skinny jeans i just dont know what to say anymore
I know right? When men wear skinny jeans they just look too feminine and wrong....

muslimah_B
07-19-2016, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I know right? When men wear skinny jeans they just look too feminine and wrong....
I have honestly mistaken them for girls from behind,
Like you know when people are in your way and they cant hear you saying excuse me, and you are going to tap them on the arm/shoulder and whilst your arm is reaching to tap them they turn around and its a dude [emoji15] [emoji33] SCARY moreso that i nearly touched a dude thinking it was a women LOL then the whole why are you wearing this.. Noooooooo leave the tight femine clothing for the women

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed men who imitate women and women who imitate men, and he said: “Throw them out of your houses.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5885).*

T L
07-19-2016, 06:50 PM
lol totally second you here, it's really, so very completely unnatural. Nobody needs to see that much defined leg shape

muslimah_B
07-19-2016, 06:54 PM
I don't wear niqab, but today I was out wearing my black abaya and scarf on and I was seriously doubting for a moment whether I'd be able to make it home, lol it was that hot I felt like fainting! With niqab it must be much more difficult. We need some tips from women in Saudi Arabia or Dubai, they walk around covered head to toe in the heat managing to get by with everyday life...they must have some neat secrets.

Just to add, the heat here reached 32 degrees, I was thinking if we find the heat of this dunya so unbearable, how will we find the heat on Qiyamah....subhanAllah. It's a matter of priorities, inshaAllah. :)
Sis the fact your even covering properly is brilliant Alhamdulilah even if its not niqab... you should be proud of yourself :)

I wasnt able to go outside today it was too extreme, i was even sweltering in my house LOL, i probally would have fainted if i went outside.

Yes exactly thats what i use to say to myself when i first started wearing niqab, i use to say to myself and other sisters who thought about taking the niqab off, i told them that imagine if we cant bare the heat of this dunya, how could we ever bare the heat of the day of judgement or jahhanumm, we get even more of a reward by covering for Allah through this heat".

Yesss are there any sisters from saudi/ middle east who wear niqab and can give us valuable tips on how to get through the day without passing out

czgibson
07-19-2016, 07:01 PM
Greetings,

It must be difficult wearing the niqab when it's hot like this. Women in the Middle East must face this problem much more often than women in the UK, though. Is it best just to stay indoors or in the shade as much as possible? If you are in your own home, I suppose you can wear cooler clothes if you want?

Peace

noraina
07-19-2016, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

It must be difficult wearing the niqab when it's hot like this. Women in the Middle East must face this problem much more often than women in the UK, though. Is it best just to stay indoors or in the shade as much as possible? If you are in your own home, I suppose you can wear cooler clothes if you want?

Peace
That is what is usually recommended, if there is heatwave going on then we can just make sure we stay indoors during the day or remain in the shade. For sisters in the UK, they can afford to do this as it isn't often this warm. But I often think about women in the Middle Eastern countries...it's like this for months at a time and to do day-to-day business must be really tough. Although I think they'd have ways to cope in some way.

Sis the fact your even covering properly is brilliant Alhamdulilah even if its not niqab... you should be proud of yourself
Alhamdulillah, jazakAllah khayr for your kind words sis...:wub:

noraina
07-19-2016, 07:13 PM
Just remembered, sis @*charisma* lives in a warm country....maybe she can tell us how she copes. :D.

muslimah_B
07-19-2016, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Peace
Hi

Yes they would most definitely find it more difficult but maybe they are use to it and have found a way to not be botherd by the heat anymore?

staying in the shade is a good one, but could be hard if no shade maybe staying under a tree for a while could help lol

Yes when we are inside our homes providing there are no men who arw not permitted to see our beauty, we can wear whatever we want :)

But mine is for when we go outside and have to cover :)

'abd al-hakeem
07-20-2016, 03:18 AM
Asalam alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatahu everyone

We are at the stage of fitna everywhere we go, as soon as the sun comes out everyones clothes come off, women and men alike, as muslims both are commanded to keep a level of modesty outside of our houses, we are at the times where people have thrown away their deen, their lives for the distractions of shaytan.
Anyone else have any advice or tips :)
Bismillah ihr Rahman ihr Raheem,
Alhamdulillah wa salaatu wa salaam ala Rasulillah;
Salaamu aleykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu;

This is advice for myself first;

Allah, Exalted & Wise says in the Blessed Qur'an, in Surah al-Anbiya verse 35;
"...and We test you by evil and by good by way of trial..."

Do you not pause to consider that, given that we are naught but tourists in this dunya - and that we are taught to love Allah swt, and Muhammad saws, more than our parents and ourselves - that this life is not a test for us? Surely you must admit that everything in this life is a test for us?

Please consider; Pray, sister, and don't stop. It has been narrated that the Prophet Nuh (as) said that if he knew that he was only going to live 100 years, of his more than 950 years, he would have spent the entirity in sujood...

The goal of us all, INDIVIDUALLY... is to Allah. I imagine that once we achieve a state of purified perfection, Allah subhanahu wa Ta'ala will take us unto Him, much the same way as we are told stories of those who die in sujood, or die shortly after having converted. If we have lived long enough to notice the faults in others, surely it is because we have been distracted from our own and Shaythan is running rampant in our own lives...

Wallahu alem

May Allah subhanahu wa Ta'ala grant us forgiveness, mercy, redemption, accept our repentances and take us in a state that is pleasing to Him and none other. Amin ya Rabb.

greenhill
07-20-2016, 11:14 AM
I live in Malaysia... it is hot all year round and with global warming, the hotseason is really hot.. what is worse is that the humidity is also very high..

I must say though, if I am out in the sun a lot, I'd rather be in long sleeves and covered up (hot as it may be) but it is definitely better than having the sun burning my skin.

Wearing short sleeves allows wind to cool me down but the sun burns. Being covered up from the sun by clothes retains some heat and makes me sweat a little more but more tolerable than the burn of the sun.

Perhaps the answer is the material we use? Or the number of layers we wear?

:peace:

Serinity
07-20-2016, 11:25 AM
hmm........

Try to adapt to the weather.. Like. It is very hot, yeah. What about a way to let wind enter the clothes without any body parts being exposed?

Cement are easily heated.. I tried to walk barefooted on grass. It was pretty cooled!

Anything that is not easily heated of clothing. If we could make clothing out of grass, I'd do it! Any clothing that is a good heat isolator, or something.

Something that is anti-conductive.. Say metals, they are heat conductors, right?

What about something that is OPPOSITE of that.. something that repels heat. instead of taking it in? Anti-conductive.

I find grass to be low in conducting heat.

Allahu alam.

greenhill
07-20-2016, 11:48 AM
I find any natural fibers does the job.. a shady tree provides a cooler shade than a tin roof, or concrete or even terracotta..

KhaleejiAbaya
07-20-2016, 11:59 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum

A great reminder for us all to preserve our modesty whatever the weather. I think adapting to the heat is a key issue- in the UK we do not have Summers like the Middle East or many other countries further south. I see the women over there the wearing niqab and full abaya/khimar in that heat and I am grateful to Allah for the relief he has provided us, that we do not have baking hot long Summers alhamdulillah.

As for tips, I agree with trying to stay indoors as much as possible, and wearing very loose abayas and long niqabs which do not cling to the skin, which can cause sweating. It is essential to stay well hydrated, and it's just unfortunate that I am keepig my missed fasts and the six fasts of Shawwal in these days, the hottest of the year (in the UK) mashaAllah!

KhaleejiAbaya.Com

greenhill
07-20-2016, 12:15 PM
What it would be like to fast mid winter... more than makes up for the long days of summer... no hope of such thing for us here in Malaysia (and other similar countries) ...

Aaqib
07-20-2016, 06:28 PM
I'm going to the beach this weekend, I'm kinda scared. But hopefully we'll find a place with barely any people like last time :(

piXie
07-20-2016, 06:51 PM
:sl:

Niqaab in the heat is a great sauna. :thumbs_up

muslimah_B
07-21-2016, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KhaleejiAbaya
Asalaamu Alaikum

A great reminder for us all to preserve our modesty whatever the weather. I think adapting to the heat is a key issue- in the UK we do not have Summers like the Middle East or many other countries further south. I see the women over there the wearing niqab and full abaya/khimar in that heat and I am grateful to Allah for the relief he has provided us, that we do not have baking hot long Summers alhamdulillah.

As for tips, I agree with trying to stay indoors as much as possible, and wearing very loose abayas and long niqabs which do not cling to the skin, which can cause sweating. It is essential to stay well hydrated, and it's just unfortunate that I am keepig my missed fasts and the six fasts of Shawwal in these days, the hottest of the year (in the UK) mashaAllah!

KhaleejiAbaya.Com
Walaykum asalam

Yess alhamdulilah we dont have summers like the middle east i think we would have a whole bunch of sisters fainting on the floor LOL.
I honestly dont know how our sisters in hot countries manage it, i cant stand the heat and being in black head to toe it literally is like being baked alive LOL.

MashAllah sis im glad you could keep yours, im waiting for the heat to go down before i continue mine, i get really bad migraines so i have to continously stay hydrated

muslimah_B
07-21-2016, 01:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
:sl:

Niqaab in the heat is a great sauna. :thumbs_up
LOOL there would be a syko who mentions sauna & niqab [emoji12]
I dont want to be cooked alive in my niqab thanks LOL

piXie
07-21-2016, 10:13 AM
I dont want to be cooked alive in my niqab thanks LOL
Lol no one gets cooked alive in the U.K.

muslimah_B
07-21-2016, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
Lol no one gets cooked alive in the U.K.
maybe its just me then LOL

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.