/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam and painting...

monsur
07-20-2016, 04:27 AM
I am aware of the hadidts and rulings about painters . I know that i cannot draw portraits of people or animals or birds . I have given up drawing such things .I only paint landscapes and streetscenes .My question is while painting streetscenes often there is a need to put in a figure. These figures are just simple 2-3 stroke brush works, just to suggest that there is someone there, doing something. There are no eyes nose ears etc. Is it permitted to draw something like that or is it also haram???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
07-20-2016, 10:31 AM
Assalamu alaykum,

I'm also into painting/drawing, and it's been a couple of years I think since I left doing portraits of humans or animals. It's a complex issue I've read up on alot, but what I have read is that this would be permissable. I do it myself, if a landscape require figures I keep them very simple and distant, limited to a few brief brushtrokes with no facial features, just to give an idea. This belong to the category of why cartoons or dolls are permissable, as they are not directly imitating the creation of Allah swt, as anyone could tell they are very unrealistic.

This is what I have read, Allah swt knows best.

Here's a link explaining it more:

https://islamqa.info/en/72915

monsur
07-21-2016, 04:21 AM
Thanks sister for the clarification ... now i can paint without any dilemma...may Allah bless you .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.