/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I feel very depressed about my parents' country....

Mustafa16
07-21-2016, 05:23 AM
my parents are affiliated with the gulen movement, which the Turkish government under Erdogan is persecuting.......I was on turkishliving.com, a Turkish forum, and a moderator was glad Erdogan was purging the state of gulenists.......and showed an emoji of a man jumping......he was a moderator.......21,000 teachers have been fired and/or detained, 3,000 judges have been dismissed, and in total 60,000 civil servants have been fired or arrested......Erdogan just ushered in a three month long state of emergency in which he will have total power......I think my cousin, who serves in the military, has been taken in for questioning.......and my mom is trying to hide it......my uncle was demoted a few years back from head of anti terror operations in turkey to traffic police........my mother told me she thought my dad was in prison, because he said he was going on an international academician tour and I hadn't heard from him, and I called my dad, even though he has a rule against me calling him because I call too much......turns out he was still in the hospital, and I found out later he had just gotten out........I think my aunt and uncle on my mom's side are gulenist, and they're teachers, so they must have been fired........ya allah I am crying, hundreds of thousands if not millions are crying, ya allah, no one else is crying for us, ya allah, when will this oppression end.....
read about it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkis...ement_conflict

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'abd al-hakeem
07-21-2016, 05:38 AM
Bismillah walhamdulillah
Salaamu aleykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu;

Ya Allah for all those suffering in Turkey, and indeed anybody who is suffering unjustly, or from any form of oppression - please grant them strength, stability, grant them your Companionship, grant them ease and patience.

Ya Allah for the suffering that they are enduring in this life, grant them Jannat al firdaus without reckoning, complete protection and serenity in the Grave, glad tidings from the Malaika at their time of death and give them their Books in their right hand. Amin Ya Rabbil alamin

Mustafa16
07-21-2016, 05:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abd il-Hakim
Bismillah walhamdulillah

Ya Allah for all those suffering in Turkey, and indeed anybody who is suffering unjustly, or from any form of oppression - please grant them strength, stability, grant them your Companionship, grant them ease and patience.

Ya Allah for the suffering that they are enduring in this life, grant them Jannat al firdaus without reckoning, complete protection and serenity in the Grave, glad tidings from the Malaika at their time of death and give them their Books in their right hand. Amin Ya Rabbil alamin
thank you brother....may allah grant you what is right for you in this world and reward you in the next.....

'abd al-hakeem
07-21-2016, 05:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
thank you brother....may allah grant you what is right for you in this world and reward you in the next.....
Jazakallahu khairan kadhiran wa baraakallahu feekum. Amin to your du'a ya akhi.

Don't forget to return salaams and say amin to beneficial du'a, ya akhi, insha'allah. Your 'amin' just might be the one that Allah Azzawajjal answers... Allahu alem.

May Allah subhanahu wa Ta'ala grant you and your family, and all those suffering similarly, with ease, comfort and HIS Companionship. Amin ya Rabbil alamin.

Salaamu aleykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
07-21-2016, 06:17 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Mustafa;

I am so sad to read your story, but nothing seems to change, my grandparents and my mum were refugees fleeing from Smyrna, which is now İzmir in Turkey. About half a million were killed and about a million became refugees. My grandparents spent about twenty years as refugees in countries around the Middle East, before coming to England during the Second World War.

We keep praying for justice in the world for all people.

Blessings.

Eric

Serinity
07-21-2016, 06:30 AM
:salam:

A reminder:

Never doubt Allah's :swt: Justice. He :swt: forbade oppression for Himself and also forbade us from it.

Allah will never turn a blind eye to oppression or any injustices.

Ameen to the duas. May Allah :swt: grant us resilience in these trying times. Ameen.
And Allah :swt: knows best.

Tim_the_Plumber
07-21-2016, 09:22 AM
I have just come back from Turkey. Just after the airport bombs but before the coup attempt.

Turkey is full of really nice people. I hope very much that they can overcome the troubles of the other Islamic states, avoiding extremism in all it's forms, and grow to a stable modern state with the mimimum of deaths. None would be very nice.

Arfa
08-02-2016, 07:19 PM
Assalamualaikum brother,

Prayers for Turkey May peace and security prevail and lives of effecties be easy. Aameen. In Shaa Allah brother Allah make it easy for you.

anatolian
08-02-2016, 08:01 PM
my parents are affiliated with the gulen movement, which the Turkish government under Erdogan is persecuting.......I was on turkishliving.com, a Turkish forum, and a moderator was glad Erdogan was purging the state of gulenists.......and showed an emoji of a man jumping......he was a moderator.......21,000 teachers have been fired and/or detained, 3,000 judges have been dismissed, and in total 60,000 civil servants have been fired or arrested......Erdogan just ushered in a three month long state of emergency in which he will have total power......I think my cousin, who serves in the military, has been taken in for questioning.......and my mom is trying to hide it......my uncle was demoted a few years back from head of anti terror operations in turkey to traffic police........my mother told me she thought my dad was in prison, because he said he was going on an international academician tour and I hadn't heard from him, and I called my dad, even though he has a rule against me calling him because I call too much......turns out he was still in the hospital, and I found out later he had just gotten out........I think my aunt and uncle on my mom's side are gulenist, and they're teachers, so they must have been fired........ya allah I am crying, hundreds of thousands if not millions are crying, ya allah, no one else is crying for us, ya allah, when will this oppression end.....
read about it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkis...ement_conflict
Salam Mustafa. Yes some executions are unjust which are taking part nowadays in Turkey against the gulenists. You cant judge someone just because of being a sympathizer of a group but some of those gulenist judges were also unjust unto some people before. And it is obvious that the coup attempt was planned by the gulenists soldiers and the attempt was extremely "unjust"...Gulenists gave so much harm to this country during the last ten years...

anatolian
08-02-2016, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Mustafa;

I am so sad to read your story, but nothing seems to change, my grandparents and my mum were refugees fleeing from Smyrna, which is now İzmir in Turkey. About half a million were killed and about a million became refugees. My grandparents spent about twenty years as refugees in countries around the Middle East, before coming to England during the Second World War.

We keep praying for justice in the world for all people.

Blessings.

Eric
Peace Eric. I am a Turk living in İzmir too. Your grandparents history is dramatic really. However, history is a very sensitive issue. Greeks killed Turks as well at that time.

Abz2000
08-02-2016, 09:53 PM
allah knows best the innards of the complicated situation and who's what, the op's post could have done more to help in clarifying what the gulenists stand for and what grievances they have against the current governing body in turkey, though it was highly emotionally charged.

Is it possible that certain mischiefmakers in the international mafia currently headed by the corrupters in the American government chose this time to spur the gulenists into attampting an overthrow, given the twisted alliances and sham set up by the American government in shaam and it's neighbouring regions it is clear that the story is a lot bigger than the relatively less significant arguments taking place in the public arena.
the arming of Mujahideen to fight the syrian and libyan governments - despite both being pro-Mujahideen and pro-Palestinian in contrast to neighbouring countries should have set warning bells ringing in the minds of those more abreast the bigger picture, especially since gaddafi was the only leader in the entire middle east willing to release open scathing condemnations of American war crimes and meddling in the region, the unjust war on the iraqi people, and of course, israeli war crimes. And that Assad was hosting mujahideen delegations and meetups, turning a blind eye up to a certain extent to the movement of syrian mujahideen over the syria iraq border in order to fight illegal occupiers of iraq (which was previously baathist like his own government, and that assad was moving troops into the golan area to check zionist arrogance...anyways, that's a topic that one can spend pages on,....
...the matter of arming the kurds to fight the islamic state, which was armed to fight assad, and then helping the kurds take over turkish claimed lands seemed to have flustered erdogan a little (who is no angel either) and erdogan's increasingly waning relationship with the american government despite him being a partner in crime with the infidel colonialists via nato seems to raise questions that never seem to get officially answered, also the fact that the gulenists used a military base in which the american government keeps nuclear bombs really raises questions of moment, since the american government would take every measure to ensure the safety of those bombs......

Anyways, in this time of concurrent deceit (dajal) and enlightenment the best thimg to do is try to adhere to Allah and if we all try that, there'd be less confusion and twisted kufr alliances designed to make us bleed whilst they sell weapons and watch us fall apart.
innalladheena farraqoo deenahum wa kaano shia'an lasta minhum fee shay.
indeed those who split up their way of life and become mere sects (nations) you are not of them in anything.
all that talk about democracy and freedom is hot air anyway, and whoever parrots america in those claims proves themselves to be a dupe, especially after the bush elections and the events in egypt.
You're either Muslim or kaafir, those other distractions and twisted alliances and betrayals have been shown for what they are.

You'll notice assad laughing at the comment near "any of us could be next", well he's not laughing now and neither is erdogan, and nor are the gulenists.

ka mathal asshaytaan idh qaala li al insaan ikfur,
Falammaa kafara qaala innee baree-un minka
innee akhaaf Allaaha Rabb al-'aalameen.

Mustafa16
08-03-2016, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Salam Mustafa. Yes some executions are unjust which are taking part nowadays in Turkey against the gulenists. You cant judge someone just because of being a sympathizer of a group but some of those gulenist judges were also unjust unto some people before. And it is obvious that the coup attempt was planned by the gulenists soldiers and the attempt was extremely "unjust"...Gulenists gave so much harm to this country during the last ten years...
I have asked you numerous times to provide proof that Gulen is responsible for a parallel government and the coup attempt, but all you have spouted is baseless accusations you hear from your Erdogan-owned media.....I ask you again, although I doubt you will actually convince me of anything, or even respond......will you at least ATTEMPT to prove that the Gulen movement is behind the coup???? Not baseless accusations by Erdogan and his cronies......I need solid evidence, and I am starting to lose my patience with you....

Abz2000
08-03-2016, 08:46 PM
Here's an interesting little piece of info and take on the issue i just came across on the topic:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/erdogan...lated_articles

I neither endorse nor reject all of the statements made in the article but find it useful to try and gain an understanding of what's playing out, it appears that the CIA is very eager to point the finger at Gulen without hiding their own relationship with him,
a possibility, if he's not involved directly, is that his network of contacts has been utilized by the CIA and that they're using him as a face since it looks bad on the flaunters of so called democracy to admit that they are the active force behind such an brazen event, meanwhile, Erdogan is now directly accusing the American government of the attempt and it appears that he's not wrong in his accusations, which include Gulen as their puppet.
And Allah knows best.

Here's a little excerpt from the article:

When US President Jimmy Carter] heard about [the 1980 coup in Turkey] he called Paul Henze, former Chief of the CIA station in Turkey who had left Ankara shortly before the coup to become a security adviser to President Carter in Washington on the Turkey desk of the CIA…Carter told Henze what the latter already knew:
‘Your people have just made a coup!’*
The President was right.* Paul Henze, the day after the coup, had triumphantly declared to his CIA colleagues in Washington: ‘Our boys have done it!”

Celik bluntly referred to Henze as “the chief architect of the September 12, 1980 coup.”* It’s not hard to see why.* From having been on the ground in the early to mid-1970s, to then becoming a coordinator in Washington while being the point person on Turkey for the National Security Council under Brzezinski, Henze was clearly instrumental.* As Gansler notes, according to Celik,“Brzezinski supported the position of Henze.* During a discussion in the National Security Council of the situation in Iran where in 1979 Khomeiny [sic] had seized power Brzezinski expressed his view that ‘for Turkey as for Brazil a military government would be the best solution.’”

While none of this should come as a surprise to anyone remotely familiar with how US intelligence operated in the Cold War, perhaps the depth of the connections between US intelligence, its NATO cousins, and the Turkish military and deep state represent something of an epiphany.* As Turkish politician and social activist Ertugrul Kurkcu wrote in*Covert Action Quarterly*in 1997:
The close ties between the Turkish, US military, and intelligence circles, along with US concerns over Turkey’s military cooperation, have been major obstacles in Turkey’s path to broader democracy. [Turkish politician and journalist Fikri] Saglar charges that US interest in Turkish affairs is not confined to official NATO relations and trade ties. He points to the notorious message by the CIA’s then-Turkey Station Chief Paul Henze in Ankara to his colleagues in Washington the day after the 1980 coup “Our boys have done it!” Henze crowed. Saglar concludes that foreign intelligence organizations including the CIA, have coopted collaborators from among the extreme-right and exploited them for their particular interests.

Enter Graham Fuller, former Vice Chairman of the CIA’s National Intelligence Council, whose links to Gulen’s movement run deep.*
Fuller has gone so far as to defend Gulen on Huffington Post in recent days in an article entitled*The Gulen Movement Is Not a Cult — It’s One of the Most Encouraging Faces of Islam Today*in which he admits – he had no choice as it is well documented – that he wrote a letter in support of Gulen’s green card application to the US in 2006.* Although his rhetoric attempts to distort the nature of, and reason behind, his support for Gulen, Fuller does imply that Hizmet represents a social movement aligned with, and amenable to, US interests, one which could be used as a potent weapon in a critical NATO ally.
Fuller fails to note that he doesn’t simply have a passing connection with the Gulen movement, but that he has attended numerous Gulenist functions including large events, such as those organized by the*Turquoise Council for Americans and Eurasians, a reputed Gulenist umbrella organization run by Kemal Oksuz (a.k.a. Kevin Oksuz),*a prominent member of the Gulen network.

In addition to Fuller, infamous former CIA operative and US Ambassador to Turkey, Morton Abramowitz, also*wrote a letter backing Gulen*as he sought sanctuary in the US.* Interestingly, Abramowitz was also the co-author, along with fellow neocons Eric Edelman and Blaise Misztal, of a fiery January 2014*op-ed in the Washington Post*that all but demanded that the US topple Erdogan’s government. Yes, chin-scratchingly interesting.

So, let’s see if we got it all down.* Gulen leads a multi-billion dollar business empire and*charter/private school network*with global reach.* He is directly connected to two of the most notorious CIA operatives in the recent history of US-Turkish relations.* He has a political lobbying network whose tentacles stretch from Washington to Central Asia.* Oh, and by the way, according to former Turkish intelligence chief Osman Nuri Gundes, Gulen’s network of schools in the Central Asian nations of Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan provided the*cover for at least 130 CIA agents*in the mid to late 90s.

Now let’s add to that equation the fact that the RAND corporation, one of the most influential think tanks within US policy circles, suggested in a detailed 2004 report entitled*Civil Democratic Islam:
Partners, Resources, and Strategies*that US policy should:
“Support the modernists first, enhancing their vision of Islam over that of the*traditionalists by providing them with a broad platform to articulate and*disseminate their views. They, not the traditionalists, should be cultivated*and publicly presented as the face of contemporary Islam…Support the secularists on a case-by-case basis.”

It would seem that, more than a decade ago, and at a time when Gulen and Erdogan were still friendly, their organizations still allied, that US policy was to push Gulen and the moderate Islamist elements that he and Erdogan represented.* It seems quite likely that the falling out between Erdogan and Gulen had less to do with personal issues and egos (though that undoubtedly played a part) than it did with policy and loyalty.

talibilm
08-04-2016, 01:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abd il-Hakim
Bismillah walhamdulillah

Ameen, May Allah UNITE all our Muslims around the World.

Quran 23:52-55 ''And verily this Brotherhood of yours is a single Brotherhood, and I am your Lord and Cherisher: therefore fear Me (and no other).But people have cut off their affair (of unity), between them, into sects: each party rejoices in that which is with itself.But leave them in their confused ignorance for a time.Do they think that because We have granted them abundance of wealth and sons.We would hasten them on in every good? Nay, they do not understand.''

3:103 ''And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allah (i.e. this Quran), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allah's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islamic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allah makes His Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided.''

anatolian
08-05-2016, 04:16 PM
I have asked you numerous times to provide proof that Gulen is responsible for a parallel government and the coup attempt, but all you have spouted is baseless accusations you hear from your Erdogan-owned media.....I ask you again, although I doubt you will actually convince me of anything, or even respond......will you at least ATTEMPT to prove that the Gulen movement is behind the coup???? Not baseless accusations by Erdogan and his cronies......I need solid evidence, and I am starting to lose my patience with you....
You are living a hell away from Tukey and you say you don't understand Turkish properly. What proof can I show you? It's not about Erdogan. The judgement is still going on and of course the movement reject all the accusitions but all the ranking soldiers involved into the coup are from the movement. What else can I think? This movement is acting insidiously it is not easy to give you the proofs you want but soon everything will be shown up. Wait then.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.