/* */

PDA

View Full Version : migraines

muslimah_B
07-21-2016, 03:03 PM
asalam alaykum everyone

i just wanted to know if anyone has any sort of remedies that can help get rid of migraines, with the aurora, followed by very intense head pain that does seem to move around sometimes from one side to the other, other times it can just stay in one spot, my migraines are never the same as the previous one

i have suffered from severe migraines for years, especially hemiplegic migraines which are extremely intense and rather scary, i have been to my doctors numerous time, have probably tried every known medication for the prevention and treatment of migraines with absolutely none of them working at all, in the intenseness or length. i have no known triggers at all, as every time i have a migraine attack i have eaten/drank something different its never the same, and its also not due to my monthly cycle as my migraines happen all through the month not specifically round that particular time.

i have tried cabbage leaf on my head, it helps a bit but not near enough to somehow called it a cure, i have tried herbal teas, i have tried sleeping tablets (which actually keep me awake not put me to sleep,) i have tried coffee which somehow puts me to sleep rather than keeping me awake (LOL i know right, how messed up am i ?)

pleaseeeee any help you will be doing me and my poor brain and eyes a massive favour

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
LaSorcia
07-21-2016, 06:04 PM
I'm so sorry you get migraines.:o
I never had them until a few years ago. I always see the flashing lights. Sometimes the headache comes after and sometimes not. It still sucks, I know. It can wipe you out for a whole day.
The only remedy I know of is to drink lots of caffeine or take headache remedy with caffeine in it. The severe head pain is caused by vasodilation in the head. Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor. But sadly, nothing really takes the pain away.:hiding:

muslimah_B
07-21-2016, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia
I'm so sorry you get migraines.:o
I never had them until a few years ago. I always see the flashing lights. Sometimes the headache comes after and sometimes not. It still sucks, I know. It can wipe you out for a whole day.
The only remedy I know of is to drink lots of caffeine or take headache remedy with caffeine in it. The severe head pain is caused by vasodilation in the head. Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor. But sadly, nothing really takes the pain away.:hiding:
yes the flashing lights are called aurora i get them 90% of the time, mine last for 3 -4 days so I'm wiped out practically every week LOL

i have tried coffee, red bull, every kind of headache tablet and nothing works at all :(

noraina
07-21-2016, 06:43 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

So sorry to hear that, inshaAllah you'll get better quickly. x

What I found really helped me with severe migraines was getting one of those steaming cups, basically you bring water up to the boil, pour it into the cup with a few drops of some type of essentail oil, and then you just breath in the vapours for around 10 minutes. It really really helped, even better than medication, so maybe you could try that inshaAllah?

Here's a link to a steaming cup, you can order them off ebay really easily:

Steam inhaler

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'abd al-hakeem
07-21-2016, 06:46 PM
Bismillah;

Salaamu aleykum warahmatullah;

Wallahi ukhti, as Prophet Muhammad saws says;

"There is healing in 3 things; a gulp of honey, cupping and branding with fire (cauterisation)"

Aside from cauterisation being haraam, the first is highly recommended.

May Allah subhanahu wa Ta'ala grant cure to all those suffering. Amin ya Rabb.

Salaams

muslimah_B
07-21-2016, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam,

So sorry to hear that, inshaAllah you'll get better quickly. x

What I found really helped me with severe migraines was getting one of those steaming cups, basically you bring water up to the boil, pour it into the cup with a few drops of some type of essentail oil, and then you just breath in the vapours for around 10 minutes. It really really helped, even better than medication, so maybe you could try that inshaAllah?

Here's a link to a steaming cup, you can order them off ebay really easily:

Steam inhaler
Thanks sis il try that out, i wanted one of those steamers for the face aswell, to purify my face :)

What oil did you use that helped ? my mum has a few of them in a cupboard

muslimah_B
07-21-2016, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abd il-Hakim
Bismillah;

Salaamu aleykum warahmatullah;

Wallahi ukhti, as Prophet Muhammad saws says;

"There is healing in 3 things; a gulp of honey, cupping and branding with fire (quarterisation)"

Aside from quarterisation being harem, the first is highly recommended having experienced it's benefits, personally, for a different ailment, within the last twelve hours.

May Allah subhanahu wa Ta'ala grant cure to all those suffering. Amin ya Rabb.

Salaams
Walaykum asalam warahmatullahi wabarakatahu

Ameen

Jazakallahu khairn bro

Tbh the branding sounds better, any pain outiside of my head is better than inside my head, i mean with my migraines it feels like i need to drill a hole in my head to let the pressure out which only effects me when i move, if im still in fine and can go on my phone in peace untill my head moves

But il try the honey, maybe eat the whole jar

Thanks bro

noraina
07-21-2016, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_B
What oil did you use that helped ? my mum has a few of them in a cupboard
Eucalyptus oil - it's slightly pricey but a tiny bottle goes a long way, it's so strong you literally need one drop.

Yep I've heard of that steaming treatment to open up the pores of your face for cleansing, I haven't tried that yet although I should.

greenhill
07-22-2016, 12:07 AM
Headaches and migraines... is there a difference in its cause? Migraines are a more severe bout of headaches.. would this be correct?

Sometimes it is the lack of fluids in the body that causes it. When I do get headaches, sometimes 2 glasses of water relieves it for me...(but it is not migraine)..

:peace:

Aisha
07-22-2016, 12:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Headaches and migraines... is there a difference in its cause? Migraines are a more severe bout of headaches.. would this be correct?

Sometimes it is the lack of fluids in the body that causes it. When I do get headaches, sometimes 2 glasses of water relieves it for me...(but it is not migraine)..

Not the same.. A migraine usually affects one side of the head and the pain is excruciating. Most people know their triggers, for some it can even be sunlight, chocolate or sweetcorn! Sunlight is one of my triggers, no idea what the others are.

I haven't found anything to get rid of them yet, aside from taking painkillers, sitting in a dark room and keeping abolutely still until the feeling of nausea passes and the pain dulls slightly. I get them a couple of times a months and it's no fun.
@muslimah_B look up trepanning :) Seems like a good idea sometimes. :p

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 11:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
Not the same.. A migraine usually affects one side of the head and the pain is excruciating. Most people know their triggers, for some it can even be sunlight, chocolate or sweetcorn! Sunlight is one of my triggers, no idea what the others are.

I haven't found anything to get rid of them yet, aside from taking painkillers, sitting in a dark room and keeping abolutely still until the feeling of nausea passes and the pain dulls slightly. I get them a couple of times a months and it's no fun.
@muslimah_B look up trepanning :) Seems like a good idea sometimes. :p
@greenhill
No these are nothing like headaches, usually when i get a hedache, having water or sleeping for 10mins usually helps, with migraines absolutely nothing works.

I have hemiplegic migraines, which basically gives me symptoms of stroke, so one arm will go numb and then that whole entire half of my upper half of body will go numb pins and needles, my face will droop to one side, my tongue will swell up, my teeth will go numb and have tingly sensation, and my nose inside will go numb and tingle, and it lasts anywhere between 10mins to a few hours, once that goes il be left with the pain in my head that only hurts when i move my head, so if you was to shake your head you would feel as though there as a massive lump in your brain, other times it would just be excruciating no matter if im still or not.

I have had these since i was 16 and i have never known my trigger, as i have eatan/drunk something totally different each time im attacked with a migraine, before i would have them once a week and they would last 3 -4 days so i have practically 2 days a week free of pain... recently it started to go down to once every 2 weeks then once every month, well now theyre back with avengance, i have had 2 migraines back to back with no break, and thankfully light doesnt effect these migraines iv been having for the past year,
It just effects everything else LOL.

Btw i have tried every painkiller, every headache tablet, and specifically every migraine preventer and treatment absolutely nothing works... a cabbage leaf on my head worked more than morden science !

What is trepanning ? It sounds like i have to cut things, im gonna google it lol...... I JUST GOOGLED IT LOOOL
It looks fun and like it would work to get all the build up of pressure off my brain.... thanks now i need to find someone to do it :)

Scimitar
07-22-2016, 12:34 PM
Been a migraine sufferer since 14 but at the age of 38 Alhamdulillah my migraines stopped because I had hijama (wet cupping) done.

that was two and half years ago now subhanAllah

last week I completed my hijama therapy course and can now practice this on other people to help them find relief إن شاء الله

Scimi

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 12:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Been a migraine sufferer since 14 but at the age of 38 Alhamdulillah my migraines stopped because I had hijama (wet cupping) done.

last week I completed my hijama therapy course and can now practice this on other people to help them find relief إن شاء الله

Scimi
Im a bit scared of it tbh, iv seen peoples backs once they had it done and it looked like torture, il probally cry and run out [emoji15]

So for migraine pain where would the cupping be done ? And how ?
BUT Right now i would be willing to try anything, i honestly cant handle the pain anymore it just gets more intense each time and im literally bed ridden for days on end, not being able to move

'abd al-hakeem
07-22-2016, 12:55 PM
Im a bit scared of it tbh, iv seen peoples backs once they had it done and it looked like torture, il probally cry and run out [emoji15]
It's SUNNAH

Serinity
07-22-2016, 01:05 PM

So for migraine pain where would the cupping be done ? And how ?
BUT Right now i would be willing to try anything, i honestly cant handle the pain anymore it just gets more intense each time and im literally bed ridden for days on end, not being able to move
:salam:

The blood drawn is insignificant in the bigger picture. And it is a healing. :D From a youtube video, I heard it felt like one pinching you.

Do it the Sunnah way, do it the Halal way. may Allah :swt: help you. Ameen.

Allahu alam.

Aisha
07-22-2016, 01:15 PM

Scimi
جزاك الله خيرًا.. Looks like I need to find a Hijamah therapist. There seem to be loads of female ones about but I'm sceptical. Do they need to be registered? How can I check if they're qualified?
@muslimah_B I wasn't suggesting you get it done! Please don't go asking people to drill holes in your head. :hiding: It's something which was done long ago.

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 01:24 PM
جزاك الله خيرًا.. Looks like I need to find a Hijamah therapist. There seem to be loads of female ones about but I'm sceptical. Do they need to be registered? How can I check if they're qualified?
@muslimah_B I wasn't suggesting you get it done! Please don't go asking people to drill holes in your head. :hiding: It's something which was done long ago.
It seems like the only way.
Im telling you theres been times where i was close to drilling a hole in my head myself, it feels like my head is a pressure cooker and the steam needs to come out by making a whole for the steam to escape.

But the hijama for migraines, wouldn't we have to shave our heads, for it to be done on our heads, is there a way to not shave my head [emoji15]

greenhill
07-22-2016, 02:06 PM
Looks can be deceiving... (in reference to 'looks like torture')...

Scimitar
07-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Females have a lighter touch, so you'd be on good hands... there is no official qualification in Hijama which is recognised by the UK Government, education or medical authorities - it is however, termed under "Alternative Therapies" and therefore has a foothold inside of "non conventional therapies" market. But to asnwer your question, it does help to know that the person who performs Hijama cupping has had adequate training from a reputable provider such as http://www.hijamaclinic.net/ which is where I did my course.

Im telling you theres been times where i was close to drilling a hole in my head myself, it feels like my head is a pressure cooker and the steam needs to come out by making a whole for the steam to escape.
A smile crept up on my face reading that, gosh, I remember that feeling - it's worse than pain. Pain actually feels like a relief next to that pressure cooker nauseating nincompoopery.

But the hijama for migraines, wouldn't we have to shave our heads, for it to be done on our heads, is there a way to not shave my head [emoji15]
These 7 points is where I had the cups on my back, I believe the upper four which are in diamond formation helped enormously with the migraines.

Going from having two to three debilitating migraines a week to having none, is quite liberating Alhamdulillah. Not had hijama on head yet, however - for curiosities sake, here you go:

NOTE: I didn't do hijama on the head, just on those spots which are above in the image.

Scimi

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Looks can be deceiving... (in reference to 'looks like torture')...

Astagfirllah i dont mean torture like that [emoji33] sorry lol
I meant it like all those small cuts remind me of being injected with needles (and someone said thats what it feels like) and i have a severe phobia of needles where il have a panic attack of seeing a needle go near me

Scimitar
07-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Astagfirllah i dont mean torture like that [emoji33] sorry lol
I meant it like all those small cuts remind me of being injected with needles (and someone said thats what it feels like) and i have a severe phobia of needles where il have a panic attack of seeing a needle go near me
Yet, drilling a hole in your cranium with a power tool doesn't? :D

I used to be scared of needles too. And the sight of blood would make me queezy, seriously. Hijama was the last option left, and I had no idea who well it would work for me Alhamdulillah. I remember when the cups came off and the practitioner showed me the blood, he asked if I wanted to see it - I didn't want to sound like a scaredy cat so I said "sure" and he showed me the blood - it looked like raspberry jelly, it was thick and sticky like syrup and jelly like - that should have made me sick, and pass out. Yet, I was absolutely fine because I knew I was there for hijama and saw videos of it already... And today, I can do hijama on others without a phobia of blood, Allahu Akbar.

As for the cuts, they are barely cuts to be honest - 2mm scratches, very tiny... make sure whoever does this, doesn't make long scratches - typically they should be around 2mm in length.

Scimi

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 02:44 PM
Females have a lighter touch, so you'd be on good hands... there is no official qualification in Hijama which is recognised by the UK Government, education or medical authorities - it is however, termed under "Alternative Therapies" and therefore has a foothold inside of "non conventional therapies" market. But to asnwer your question, it does help to know that the person who performs Hijama cupping has had adequate training from a reputable provider such as http://www.hijamaclinic.net/ which is where I did my course.

A smile crept up on my face reading that, gosh, I remember that feeling - it's worse than pain. Pain actually feels like a relief next to that pressure cooker nauseating nincompoopery.

These 7 points is where I had the cups on my back, I believe the upper four which are in diamond formation helped enormously with the migraines.

Going from having two to three debilitating migraines a week to having none, is quite liberating Alhamdulillah. Not had hijama on head yet, however - for curiosities sake, here you go:

NOTE: I didn't do hijama on the head, just on those spots which are above in the image.

Scimi
My migraines literally feel like there is something in my brain, and moves about squeezing me, sometimes i have the pain of migraine, cluster and tension headche all in one amplified to another level, and literally like you said only another pain takes away that pain, and drilling a hole in my head sounds fabolous right now, im not sensitive to light, or sound, just movement [emoji15] and the nausea that comes with this is just disturbing, before i had to take anti sickness tablets which suprisingly did NOTHING.
The only bonus i have is i can watch tv without getting worse [emoji15].
Well other times i had to be in a darkend room with no sound and wear ear plugs and eye patches it was that bad.

I may try the hijama it seems like the only option left for me, everything else has failed miserably, my doctor keeps throwing me these tablets which have 0 effect, i think iv gone through every migraine tablet available [emoji15] and the one thing that actually made a tiny difference a cabbage leaf stuck on my head (no idea why it helped even though it was little i noticed the pain subsided a bit)

Im definitely going to look into this since it can be done without shaving my head.

Thanks a bunch bro

Jazakallahu khairn [emoji4]

noraina
07-22-2016, 02:50 PM
You did a course in hijama ma'sha'Allah - I would so do that if there was a class nearby!

I have seen videos of hijama being done, blood and needles don't make me queasy it's just that I'd need to be 100% sure someone qualified and with plenty of experience is doing it (I'm a paranoid person ;))

It is Sunnah and is what the Prophet (pbuh) himself recommended...so if you could find someone with the qualifications I wouldn't see the harm.

What about blackseeds? It's also sunnah and is an overall very healthy food, so even if it doesn't help migraines it would be good for you anyway?

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 02:57 PM
Yet, drilling a hole in your cranium with a power tool doesn't? :D

I used to be scared of needles too. And the sight of blood would make me queezy, seriously. Hijama was the last option left, and I had no idea who well it would work for me Alhamdulillah. I remember when the cups came off and the practitioner showed me the blood, he asked if I wanted to see it - I didn't want to sound like a scaredy cat so I said "sure" and he showed me the blood - it looked like raspberry jelly, it was thick and sticky like syrup and jelly like - that should have made me sick, and pass out. Yet, I was absolutely fine because I knew I was there for hijama and saw videos of it already... And today, I can do hijama on others without a phobia of blood, Allahu Akbar.

As for the cuts, they are barely cuts to be honest - 2mm scratches, very tiny... make sure whoever does this, doesn't make long scratches - typically they should be around 2mm in length.

Scimi
I dont know what it is, but i can deal with certain types of pain, but if a needle comes near me i will cry and have a panic attack like someone is trying to kill me.
But yes i would prefer a drill to my head than a needle anywehere near me [emoji4]

I was watching a few videos since you mentioned it and it does look rather "pukish" i usually can deal with blood in big quantities but when its small it makes me feel weird

Yea hijama for me is the last resort i have tried everything and nothing works.

Those cuts sound like they are not pleasant at all [emoji15]... il just pretend to myself its my cats attacking me in numerous places that might make me feel better [emoji15]

(Yes i realise i am not a normal person :) )

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 03:00 PM
You did a course in hijama ma'sha'Allah - I would so do that if there was a class nearby!

I have seen videos of hijama being done, blood and needles don't make me queasy it's just that I'd need to be 100% sure someone qualified and with plenty of experience is doing it (I'm a paranoid person ;))

It is Sunnah and is what the Prophet (pbuh) himself recommended...so if you could find someone with the qualifications I wouldn't see the harm.

What about blackseeds? It's also sunnah and is an overall very healthy food, so even if it doesn't help migraines it would be good for you anyway?
I think right now, a drill to my head would be absolutely wonderfull.
Care to do the honours?

Serinity
07-22-2016, 03:06 PM

INFORMATION!!

Migraines, afaik, are caused because of limited blood flow to the brains.. Or at least, I am sure it will help if you do cupping near the neck/shoulders in the diamond formation provided by @Scimitar .

How do I know? Sometimes I get a headache, and my trainer does massages on my shoulder/neck area. I find it liberating!! So I think it will help near the neck..

Idk tho..

Allahu alam.

noraina
07-22-2016, 03:07 PM
Care to do the honours?
Ukhti you took sis Aisha way too seriously :o

Do you really want your skull to look like this :skeleton:?

Seriously though may Allah swt give you complete and beautiful shifa xxx

Serinity
07-22-2016, 03:23 PM
Care to do the honours?
is it your WHOLE body that hurts?

do some massage to yourself, circulate your blood.. Or something..Stretch your neck.

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 03:31 PM
Ukhti you took sis Aisha way too seriously :o

Do you really want your skull to look like this :skeleton:?

attachmentphp?attachmentid5598&ampstc1 -

Seriously though may Allah swt give you complete and beautiful shifa xxx
Just need a smaller hole, the size of a small drill bit :)

Look il do anything to get this pressure off my brain right now, and iv have one back to back from the beginning of this week till now and no sign of let up at all

Ameen thank you [emoji24]

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
is it your WHOLE body that hurts?

do some massage to yourself, circulate your blood.. Or something..Stretch your neck.
My whole entire head hurts, behind my eye feels weird and like theres a pressure on my eyeball, my brain feels like its being squeezed like a alien inside, then il have throbbing pains it will stop and start up when it wants, then sometimes the pain will move around my head from different sides then go back to the side it started on, then when i move my head it feels like there is something inside my head

What kinda helps is pulling the skin away from my head and pulling my eyelids its like it takes away pressure..
Done massages before it doesnt help the pain [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

Serinity
07-22-2016, 04:18 PM
My whole entire head hurts, behind my eye feels weird and like theres a pressure on my eyeball, my brain feels like its being squeezed like a alien inside, then il have throbbing pains it will stop and start up when it wants, then sometimes the pain will move around my head from different sides then go back to the side it started on, then when i move my head it feels like there is something inside my head

What kinda helps is pulling the skin away from my head and pulling my eyelids its like it takes away pressure..
Done massages before it doesnt help the pain [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]
Jinn? Idk..

Does it feel like there is a monster inside you? are you stressful?

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 04:38 PM
Jinn? Idk..

Does it feel like there is a monster inside you? are you stressful?
Can jinns actually cause migraines?

im always stressed lol

Not literally a monster but the pressure in my head feels like it and when the pain moves around

Serinity
07-22-2016, 05:09 PM
Can jinns actually cause migraines?

im always stressed lol

Not literally a monster but the pressure in my head feels like it and when the pain moves around
Cluster headaches? Is it unbearable? I wonder what you must have done to achieve this. What have you done in your childhood. When did it start?

piXie
07-22-2016, 05:16 PM
Look il do anything to get this pressure off my brain right now, and iv have one back to back from the beginning of this week till now and no sign of let up at all
:salamext:

You might have an intolerance to yeast. Have you considered consulting a naturopathic practitioner and doing some tests?

May Allah grant you complete shifaa. Aameen.

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 05:16 PM
Cluster headaches? Is it unbearable? I wonder what you must have done to achieve this. What have you done in your childhood. When did it start?
Its definately migraine, coz i always have aurora (where your eyesight goes fuzzy then the pain comes in) but then sometimes the il have mixture of cluster, migraine and tension all in one.
Its unbareable when i move my head , im a bit sensitive to sound not sensitive to light at all

https://www.migrainetrust.org/about-...egic-migraine/

^ i get this one once the stroke symptoms subside, im left with the excruciating pain, of the 3 different types of headaches, and movement just makes my head throb

My 1st ever migraine was when i was 16 and im 25 now

Tim_the_Plumber
07-22-2016, 05:20 PM
asalam alaykum everyone

i just wanted to know if anyone has any sort of remedies that can help get rid of migraines, with the aurora, followed by very intense head pain that does seem to move around sometimes from one side to the other, other times it can just stay in one spot, my migraines are never the same as the previous one

i have suffered from severe migraines for years, especially hemiplegic migraines which are extremely intense and rather scary, i have been to my doctors numerous time, have probably tried every known medication for the prevention and treatment of migraines with absolutely none of them working at all, in the intenseness or length. i have no known triggers at all, as every time i have a migraine attack i have eaten/drank something different its never the same, and its also not due to my monthly cycle as my migraines happen all through the month not specifically round that particular time.

i have tried cabbage leaf on my head, it helps a bit but not near enough to somehow called it a cure, i have tried herbal teas, i have tried sleeping tablets (which actually keep me awake not put me to sleep,) i have tried coffee which somehow puts me to sleep rather than keeping me awake (LOL i know right, how messed up am i ?)

pleaseeeee any help you will be doing me and my poor brain and eyes a massive favour
My advice, for what it's worth;

Try not eating any sugar for a week. It is very hard to avoid in the modern world so it might not be practicle but sugar will mess up your system for several days.

If it works come back and shout about it!!

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
:salamext:

You might have an intolerance to yeast. Have you considered consulting a naturopathic practitioner and doing some tests?

May Allah grant you complete shifaa. Aameen.

Ameen

I have a doctors appointment on the 8th of august again, as i honestly cant carry on with this with nothing working at all, and just having to wait untill the pain goes,
my doctor has tried so many different tablets with me that have 0 effect at all, so i remember her saying if that all fails, she would book me in with a specialist for a brain scan to be on the safe side (which tbh is a bit scary) but having back to back pains in my head is not something im looking foward to at all.

I dont think i have intolerance to anything except maybe cream, but that only gives me a bellyache not headaches or migraines

Yeast, do you mean like bread & pizza dough, i have that alot and never had migraines from it even when my migraines calmed down before

piXie
07-22-2016, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tim_the_Plumber
Try not eating any sugar for a week. It is very hard to avoid in the modern world so it might not be practicle but sugar will mess up your system for several days.
This is good advice. Also sugar can cause a yeast overgrowth in the body. This also includes white bread, flour, pasta etc. They should be subsituted for complex carbohydrates..

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 05:43 PM
My advice, for what it's worth;

If it works come back and shout about it!!
You know i tried that before for about 2-weeks when I done high fat low carb diet, and my mood swings were off the charts lol, but i cant say if it helped my migraines or not as i done it during the time when my migraines wernt coming every week.

I can try again but being without cakes made me sad and is a form of torture to me LOL

But i have dramatically cut down the amount of suagr i have, and now only use natvia (those expensive natural ones, i think ones diabetics can use it)

Scimitar
07-22-2016, 06:04 PM
Ya know, talking about migraines doesn't help you, right? :D

Book yourself in for hijama.

Scimi

Akhi_Umar
07-22-2016, 06:20 PM
:wa:

I don't have any advice that I could give other than visit the docotrs, But you have already been and not much has improved.

However what I will do is make dua for you Insha'Allah.

May Allah SWT grant you shifa, Ameen.

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akhi_Umar
:wa:

I don't have any advice that I could give other than visit the docotrs, But you have already been and not much has improved.

However what I will do is make dua for you Insha'Allah.

May Allah SWT grant you shifa, Ameen.
Ameen

Thank you bro

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 08:28 PM
Ya know, talking about migraines doesn't help you, right? :D

Book yourself in for hijama.

Scimi
Lol nothing helps i just wanted people to know what migraine sufferers go though.

I will defo in sha Allah try and book myself into hijama
In the meantime my doctors appointment is on the 8th so il have to wait till then and see if the doctor finally feels i need to see a specialist and get a scan done

Thanks bro

LaSorcia
07-22-2016, 10:33 PM
The only other thing I can think of is this: have you ever been tested for food allergies? People can have food allergies and never realize, because they don't always manifest like a peanut one that sends you to the hospital.

If I think of anything else, I'll mention it. I hate to see anyone suffering like this, especially people of God.

LaSorcia
07-22-2016, 10:34 PM
I looked up hijama, ugh scared the daylights out of me lol, but if it helps go for it! I would definitely not want to see it afterwards. It probably doesn't feel as bad as it looks.

muslimah_B
07-22-2016, 11:03 PM
I looked up hijama, ugh scared the daylights out of me lol, but if it helps go for it! I would definitely not want to see it afterwards. It probably doesn't feel as bad as it looks.
Thats exactly how i felt when i saw it.. LOL i felt queezy after watching it and every time i was stabbed with a needle came pouring back to me lol.

The only other thing I can think of is this: have you ever been tested for food allergies? People can have food allergies and never realize, because they don't always manifest like a peanut one that sends you to the hospital.

If I think of anything else, I'll mention it. I hate to see anyone suffering like this, especially people of God.
Awww sis your too lovely, virtual hugs and apple strewdle sent your way xxxxxx

I havent been tested no, i didnt think i would have to be as i havent had any sort or allergic reaction to anything so far Alhamdulilah
(I have a phobia of needles so i dont know how thats gonna work LOL)

LaSorcia
07-22-2016, 11:31 PM
Thats exactly how i felt when i saw it.. LOL i felt queezy after watching it and every time i was stabbed with a needle came pouring back to me lol.

Awww sis your too lovely, virtual hugs and apple strewdle sent your way xxxxxx

I havent been tested no, i didnt think i would have to be as i havent had any sort or allergic reaction to anything so far Alhamdulilah
(I have a phobia of needles so i dont know how thats gonna work LOL)
I don't know how testing is done in the UK, but here it's a scratch test. The skin is scratched, and the stuff you might be allergic to is put on the scratch. There are no needles! Not really; the thing they scratch you with is plastic. Doesn't look too scary, but still feels yucky lol.

I had food allergies for literally decades and didn't know it. A doctor once asked me if I wanted a food allergy test, and I said that I didn't think I had any, but sure why not. It turned out that I did have 3 food allergies. I never knew because I didn't have any symptoms until 24-48 hours after I'd eaten the bad food.

I don't know if this will even help or not, but ruling out things is good.

muslimah_B
07-23-2016, 12:08 AM
I don't know how testing is done in the UK, but here it's a scratch test. The skin is scratched, and the stuff you might be allergic to is put on the scratch. There are no needles! Not really; the thing they scratch you with is plastic. Doesn't look too scary, but still feels yucky lol.

I had food allergies for literally decades and didn't know it. A doctor once asked me if I wanted a food allergy test, and I said that I didn't think I had any, but sure why not. It turned out that I did have 3 food allergies. I never knew because I didn't have any symptoms until 24-48 hours after I'd eaten the bad food.

I don't know if this will even help or not, but ruling out things is good.
Hmmmm

Il speak to my doctor and see if i need one or if one would help in anyway, as long as its not a needle il be ok lol

Thanks sis xxxxx

LaSorcia
07-23-2016, 12:41 AM
Hmmmm

Il speak to my doctor and see if i need one or if one would help in anyway, as long as its not a needle il be ok lol

Thanks sis xxxxx
Hey, isn't it the NHS? From my recollection, you have to insist not ask lol. I went 6 months without pre-natal care there. They kept insisting a midwife was going to contact me, but one never did. I moved home to the US, and finally got good care, even with no health insurance.

syed_z
07-23-2016, 03:25 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum...

Hijamah is good and very beneficial and I've tried it and Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alameen (All Praise is due to Allah Lord of the Entire creation).

I didn't get it done for migraine but my experience was that it did not hurt at all. When they cup your skin and let the cup remain there, it becomes numb and when the person doing Hijamah places 3 or 4 cuts on the numbed part, there was absolutely no feeling at all. The numbing of the skin works like Anesthesia.

Rasool Allah (SallAllahu alaihi wassallam) said that on the night of Miraj (Ascension) there was not an angel he came across who did not advise him to inform his Ummah to do Hijamah. So if the heavenly beings stressed its importance, we should be able to imagine its high significance.

May Allah (swt) relieve this sister of her pain. Ameen

syed_z
07-23-2016, 05:33 AM
Some beautiful advice from knowledgeable people of our past. InshA'Allah these or some of them might be helpful:

Cure for headache Caesar of Rome once sent a letter to Amīr-ul-Mūminīn Sayyīdunā ‘Umar Fārūq A’ẓam

  In his letter, he mentioned, ‘I have chronic headache; if you have any medicine for this, please send it to me.’
Amīr-ul-Mūminīn Sayyīdunā ‘Umar Fārūq A’ẓam sent him a cloth cap. Whenever Caesar of Rome wore that cap his headache would be relieved, and whenever he removed the cap, his headache would reoccur. Amazed, he eventually unstitched the cap and found a piece of paper on which was written (in the name of Allah The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful) ﷽

(Asrār-ul-Fātiḥaĥ, pp. 163; Tafsīr Kabīr, vol. 1, pp. 155)

Once Sayyidunā Mūsā  got extremely severe stomach pain. He humbly asked Allah for relief and Allah ordered him to consume so-and-so herb from a jungle. Therefore, Sayyidunā Mūsā  consumed the herb and was immediately cured of the pain.

After some days, the same disease reoccurred so he consumed the same herb again. Contrary to his expectation, his pain became even more severe. He humbly asked the Almighty, ‘O Allah ! What is the secret behind this? One medicine has two entirely different effects! When I consumed it first time, it cured me but when I consumed it second time, it intensified my pain!’ Allah said, ‘O Mūsā! You used the herb that time with My command but you used it this time of your own accord. O Mūsā! Cure is in My name. Without My name everything of the world is a deadly poison and My name is its cure.’

Beginning an act with the name of the Most Gracious will inshA'Allah prove effective

Recite this verse 3 times, with Ṣalāt-‘Alan-Nabī once before and after it, and make Dam (i.e. blow) on the person who has a headache. He will feel relief inshA'Allah,

Surah Al Waqiah Verse 19

They will have niether headache nor any unconsciousness.

لَّا يُصَدَّعُوۡنَ عَنۡهَا وَلَا يُنۡزِفُوۡنَۙ

Tim_the_Plumber
07-23-2016, 09:33 AM
You know i tried that before for about 2-weeks when I done high fat low carb diet, and my mood swings were off the charts lol, but i cant say if it helped my migraines or not as i done it during the time when my migraines wernt coming every week.

I can try again but being without cakes made me sad and is a form of torture to me LOL

But i have dramatically cut down the amount of suagr i have, and now only use natvia (those expensive natural ones, i think ones diabetics can use it)
Ah! Right, I think we may be onto something.

Your moods swings when you are are on a different diet show that you are highly suceptible to stuff in your food affecting your metabolism in ways that the rest of us don't get. At least don't notice...

I think you might have to go for an all hippy real foods, no sugar, no processed food and see what it is that does what to you. Try to pretend you are a huntergatherer and live on a diet that we evolved to eat.

Good luck again. It will be very hard.

muslimah_B
07-23-2016, 12:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
Some beautiful advice from knowledgeable people of our past. InshA'Allah these or some of them might be helpful:

Cure for headache Caesar of Rome once sent a letter to Amīr-ul-Mūminīn Sayyīdunā ‘Umar Fārūq A’ẓam

  In his letter, he mentioned, ‘I have chronic headache; if you have any medicine for this, please send it to me.’
Amīr-ul-Mūminīn Sayyīdunā ‘Umar Fārūq A’ẓam sent him a cloth cap. Whenever Caesar of Rome wore that cap his headache would be relieved, and whenever he removed the cap, his headache would reoccur. Amazed, he eventually unstitched the cap and found a piece of paper on which was written (in the name of Allah The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful) ﷽

(Asrār-ul-Fātiḥaĥ, pp. 163; Tafsīr Kabīr, vol. 1, pp. 155)

Once Sayyidunā Mūsā  got extremely severe stomach pain. He humbly asked Allah for relief and Allah ordered him to consume so-and-so herb from a jungle. Therefore, Sayyidunā Mūsā  consumed the herb and was immediately cured of the pain.

After some days, the same disease reoccurred so he consumed the same herb again. Contrary to his expectation, his pain became even more severe. He humbly asked the Almighty, ‘O Allah ! What is the secret behind this? One medicine has two entirely different effects! When I consumed it first time, it cured me but when I consumed it second time, it intensified my pain!’ Allah said, ‘O Mūsā! You used the herb that time with My command but you used it this time of your own accord. O Mūsā! Cure is in My name. Without My name everything of the world is a deadly poison and My name is its cure.’

Beginning an act with the name of the Most Gracious will inshA'Allah prove effective

Recite this verse 3 times, with Ṣalāt-‘Alan-Nabī once before and after it, and make Dam (i.e. blow) on the person who has a headache. He will feel relief inshA'Allah,

Surah Al Waqiah Verse 19

They will have niether headache nor any unconsciousness.

لَّا يُصَدَّعُوۡنَ عَنۡهَا وَلَا يُنۡزِفُوۡنَۙ
JazakAllah khairn bro

That was very interesting stories, iv never actually heard of them before, subhanAllah

I will definitely try the end bit in sha Allah,

Thanks a bunch

muslimah_B
07-23-2016, 12:45 PM
Ah! Right, I think we may be onto something.

Your moods swings when you are are on a different diet show that you are highly suceptible to stuff in your food affecting your metabolism in ways that the rest of us don't get. At least don't notice...

I think you might have to go for an all hippy real foods, no sugar, no processed food and see what it is that does what to you. Try to pretend you are a huntergatherer and live on a diet that we evolved to eat.

Good luck again. It will be very hard.
Oh dear, im not good at diets at all, i get hungry all the time on them lol, i tried a fruit only diet before and i lasted 2 days before i gave in LOOL.

I can do hippe diets with no processed food, i have cut down alot of it well except hotdogs & sandwich meat, sugar is something totally different though i dont think i can stop ever, i dont think i want to LOL. Il sacrifice everything else so i can have my desserts :)

noraina
07-23-2016, 01:30 PM
I no good at dieting either. :hmm:

I'm vegetarian at the moment, I think in the last years I've only eaten meat twice, and I felt so much better alhamdulillah - I also introduced a lot of nuts and fruits and vegetables...maybe you could try that, just have meat once a month? You'd certainly feel healthier.

But no help on the sugar thing. One thing I could never give up is my desserts, I'm making one at the moment :D I think I'd get migraines as a withdrawal sympton if I left desserts!

muslimah_B
07-23-2016, 01:44 PM
I no good at dieting either. :hmm:

I'm vegetarian at the moment, I think in the last years I've only eaten meat twice, and I felt so much better alhamdulillah - I also introduced a lot of nuts and fruits and vegetables...maybe you could try that, just have meat once a month? You'd certainly feel healthier.

But no help on the sugar thing. One thing I could never give up is my desserts, I'm making one at the moment :D I think I'd get migraines as a withdrawal sympton if I left desserts!
I cant eat cooked vegetables, i start wretching really bad (except patatoes) so i don't know how i would survive on a vegetarian diet at all, i tried tofu before and hated the texture it felt like rubber Styrofoam (yuck)
So i can honestly only have raw veg or il be sick lol.

Meat once a month sounds like torture, i mean i do eat fish and love all types but its not as filling to me as the other food, i dont know how vegetarians do it

Yea i dont think id want to give up desserts at all

(Am i weird LOL)

Tim_the_Plumber
07-24-2016, 10:46 AM
Oh dear, im not good at diets at all, i get hungry all the time on them lol, i tried a fruit only diet before and i lasted 2 days before i gave in LOOL.

I can do hippe diets with no processed food, i have cut down alot of it well except hotdogs & sandwich meat, sugar is something totally different though i dont think i can stop ever, i dont think i want to LOL. Il sacrifice everything else so i can have my desserts :)
When I say diet I don't mean a limited amount of food. I mean eat as much as you want to but I do mean cut out the sugar.

If you are getting such migranes it is a certain sign of yoour body not coping with the food you are eating. It is probably a very good idea to get checked for diabeties.

Any chance of a nut based desert???

muslimah_B
07-24-2016, 10:59 AM
When I say diet I don't mean a limited amount of food. I mean eat as much as you want to but I do mean cut out the sugar.

If you are getting such migranes it is a certain sign of yoour body not coping with the food you are eating. It is probably a very good idea to get checked for diabeties.

Any chance of a nut based desert???
Cutting out sugar is really hard for me, its one thing i genuinely dont want to do, cut down yea but not cut out lol.

I did have high bloodpressure but my doctor put it down to all the stress im going through, She doesnt suspect or think it could be diabetes but to be on the safe side when i go for my appointment il make her test me for it.

Well your in luck as im making a chocolate hazlenut tart later :)

Serinity
07-24-2016, 09:36 PM

Idk much, but try honey. Drink ton of water. Try jogging a little? Idk..

Allahu alam.

Tim_the_Plumber
07-25-2016, 08:17 AM
Cutting out sugar is really hard for me, its one thing i genuinely dont want to do, cut down yea but not cut out lol.

I did have high bloodpressure but my doctor put it down to all the stress im going through, She doesnt suspect or think it could be diabetes but to be on the safe side when i go for my appointment il make her test me for it.

Well your in luck as im making a chocolate hazlenut tart later :)
Finding sugar really really nice to the point of being somewhat addicted to it is a sign of diabetes...... Or is very likely to lead to it very quickly....

You could probably manage if you did lots of very intense excersise. My wife goes to a boot-camp gym thing which has "rest periods" in it which involve doing star jumps faster than 1 per second whilst she recovers a bit then back into the hard stuff..... I would die....

Reminder
07-25-2016, 09:22 AM
Alaikum Salam,

I used to suffer each month on average 1 SEVERE migraine from 8 years old to 20 years old. Now I only get a few each year and they are not nearly as bad. I will share with you every method I have learned to prevent and control them.

By far, the most important practice to heal migraine headaches is... to prevent them happening to begin with.

How to prevent migraine headaches:

• Eliminate stress - My migraines always start a few hours after significant stressful events. I can tell an hour or so before it will become very painful. No matter where you are or what you are doing, lots of stress is NEVER great for you. So if you are presenting something for work, take a break, or have too much on your plate, stop eating so much... ;) (not joking)
  • Over-the-counter Medication - When you feel any indication of a migraine coming on, TAKE IBUPROFEN (ADVIL) or TYLENOL in LARGE DOSES. Normally these bottles will recommend you take a maximum of 2 pills in 1 sitting, but this is only for legal reasons as 12 year olds ("adult", according to them) can take too much if they do not include this instruction. Dosage is supposed to be based on WEIGHT and SEVERITY of your pain... NOT your age. Therefore, I recommend you take at least 5 or 6 tablets (I usually take 7 or 8). Extra-strength is usually double the "Regular" dose, so you can take 3 or 4.
  • Environment - When you feel a migraine oncoming, do whatever you need to do to get to a QUIET, PITCH-DARK, COOL environment. Leave work, or any other activity, whatever is necessary.

How to heal migraine headaches:

• Follow instructions above - (Reduce stress, take very heavy dose of Ibuprofen or Tylenol, Find a quiet, dark, cool environment)
  • Lay down - Lay on OPPOSITE SIDE OF MIGRAINE with your EYES CLOSED (i.e. If your head hurts on the right side, lie on your left)
  • Breathe - Deep, full, SLOW breaths in your nose, out mouth
  • Relax - Focus only on breathing, let any thoughts simply pass through your mind
  • Ice - get a GEL icepak, place directly on the area that hurts

If you follow these steps, you are far less likely to develop full-blown migraines and when you do, they will not last so long.

Reminder
07-25-2016, 09:30 AM
Sorry sister I did not fully understand your post before writing the previous reply. Those instructions are for stress-induced migraines. They might still work for your type, especially the medication and relaxation parts.

muslimah_B
07-25-2016, 12:27 PM
Finding sugar really really nice to the point of being somewhat addicted to it is a sign of diabetes...... Or is very likely to lead to it very quickly....

You could probably manage if you did lots of very intense excersise. My wife goes to a boot-camp gym thing which has "rest periods" in it which involve doing star jumps faster than 1 per second whilst she recovers a bit then back into the hard stuff..... I would die....
Im not addicted to it like that lol, I just dont want to live without it LOL.

Oh dear yea i tried those at home, i nearly passed out lol, its literally like torture and your heart feels like its going to jump out your chest, was seriously intense.
I cant do any of that at the moment im in between places & no space at either so i have to wait untill things get settled

Thanks for your advice and help its really appreciated :)

muslimah_B
07-25-2016, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Reminder
Sorry sister I did not fully understand your post before writing the previous reply. Those instructions are for stress-induced migraines. They might still work for your type, especially the medication and relaxation parts.
Thank you for your responce brother. Im not sure if all my migraines are stress induced but i can bet alot of them are.

format_quote Originally Posted by Reminder
Alaikum Salam,

I used to suffer each month on average 1 SEVERE migraine from 8 years old to 20 years old. Now I only get a few each year and they are not nearly as bad. I will share with you every method I have learned to prevent and control them.

By far, the most important practice to heal migraine headaches is... to prevent them happening to begin with.

How to prevent migraine headaches:

• Eliminate stress - My migraines always start a few hours after significant stressful events. I can tell an hour or so before it will become very painful. No matter where you are or what you are doing, lots of stress is NEVER great for you. So if you are presenting something for work, take a break, or have too much on your plate, stop eating so much... ;) (not joking)
  • Over-the-counter Medication - When you feel any indication of a migraine coming on, TAKE IBUPROFEN (ADVIL) or TYLENOL in LARGE DOSES. Normally these bottles will recommend you take a maximum of 2 pills in 1 sitting, but this is only for legal reasons as 12 year olds ("adult", according to them) can take too much if they do not include this instruction. Dosage is supposed to be based on WEIGHT and SEVERITY of your pain... NOT your age. Therefore, I recommend you take at least 5 or 6 tablets (I usually take 7 or 8). Extra-strength is usually double the "Regular" dose, so you can take 3 or 4.
  • Environment - When you feel a migraine oncoming, do whatever you need to do to get to a QUIET, PITCH-DARK, COOL environment. Leave work, or any other activity, whatever is necessary.

How to heal migraine headaches:

• Follow instructions above - (Reduce stress, take very heavy dose of Ibuprofen or Tylenol, Find a quiet, dark, cool environment)
  • Lay down - Lay on OPPOSITE SIDE OF MIGRAINE with your EYES CLOSED (i.e. If your head hurts on the right side, lie on your left)
  • Breathe - Deep, full, SLOW breaths in your nose, out mouth
  • Relax - Focus only on breathing, let any thoughts simply pass through your mind
  • Ice - get a GEL icepak, place directly on the area that hurts

If you follow these steps, you are far less likely to develop full-blown migraines and when you do, they will not last so long.
Thank you for all your tips, i have actually tried all of them before, i literally had the strongest painkillers you could get over the counter along with coco-damol amd ate the whole box it didn't even scratch the pain lol those tablets are like nasty sweets to me now, absolutely nothing works,
It does make it comfy to lie on the other side of the pain, thats about all i can do for comfort..
The dark room for me doesnt work anymore for most of them, the light doesnt effect me, sound does moreso with my ears ringing at the sound of anything

Do you get nausea with your migraines, if so anyway to stop that ? Having that and trying to drink and eat makes life even harder, even drinking water becomes difficult

Reminder
07-26-2016, 06:13 AM
Thank you for your responce brother. Im not sure if all my migraines are stress induced but i can bet alot of them are.

Thank you for all your tips, i have actually tried all of them before, i literally had the strongest painkillers you could get over the counter along with coco-damol amd ate the whole box it didn't even scratch the pain lol those tablets are like nasty sweets to me now, absolutely nothing works,
It does make it comfy to lie on the other side of the pain, thats about all i can do for comfort..
The dark room for me doesnt work anymore for most of them, the light doesnt effect me, sound does moreso with my ears ringing at the sound of anything

Do you get nausea with your migraines, if so anyway to stop that ? Having that and trying to drink and eat makes life even harder, even drinking water becomes difficult

I do not get migraines like before. Any stressful event would trigger a severe migraine, so I stopped putting myself in such scenarios long ago. With that said, I used to always have nausea and leave a big bowl beside the bed to vomit into.

Reminder
07-27-2016, 09:44 PM
Yours seem to be genetic whereas mine are environment-induced. I think it would be more difficult to solve your type... :hmm:

Reminder
07-27-2016, 09:47 PM
I will make dua that your genes will improve.

xa_xa786
07-27-2016, 10:00 PM
Pop into boots and take the migraine tablets

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-07-2016, 06:27 PM
May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant you complete Shifaa from these migraines, sister.

آمين يا رب العالمين

One of my Asaatidhah (teachers) used to get extremely severe migraines. What usually triggered his migraines was his sensitivity to certain smells, like perfumes, for example. If a person wearing perfume walked into the room for even a minute, it'd trigger a migraine in his case, as well as severe dizziness. There are different triggers.

What he used to do was go home to lie down and have a doctor come around to give him an injection, which would help a little bit. The injections used to cause him to get hallucinations, though...

But he mentioned that once, a Malaysian man skilled in Hijaamah came to town, and he had it done by him. For almost a year after that, he didn't get any migraines again. So, the best advice I can give you is to get Hijaamah (Cupping) done, by a reliable Hijaamah practitioner. Along with that, every morning you should drink a glass of warm water with a tablespoon of honey added. Recite Durood, etc. over the water+honey before drinking. This helps to prevent headaches, In Shaa Allaah.

Also, it is a good idea to get exercise on a daily basis, even if it's a little. You don't have to do strenuous exercises. Just walking/running even is very good.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-07-2016, 06:36 PM
Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم himself used to get very severe headaches.

muslimah_B
12-22-2017, 12:35 AM
Yes i know over a year later im posting this

But just wanted to give a update to everyone here as i know you all took time out of your day to respond to me and attempt to help so jazakAllah khairn all of you

As for updates my migraines actually ended up getting much worse to the point i thought i was going to die (no im not exaggerating its reduced me to tears many times from the sheer agonising pain) my doctors referred me to a specialist who recommended two types of daily prevention tablets one being a very strong tablet for epileptics (major side effects very serious ones), with the other having less side affects but still works same way albeit less stronger aswell. I opted for the second ones.
I was reccomended to have a ct scan aswell, everything came back ok Alhamdulillah.

So after being on these tablets for the reccomended trial time sadly my migraines are belting through and once again wanting me to drill a hole in my head. Officially now pink himilayian salt once helped has no effect, iv been through an entire box of the strongest ibuprofen just this month not helping the slightest, my cocodamols arent knocking me out to sleep anymore they did poop all for the pain.

So now i have to go back to my doctors and discuss another tablet or prevention as quite frankly the effects of the epileptic tablets are not something i would be happy to deal with especially if these don't work either.

Im not gonna lie yes i was putting off even mentioning hijama as a option yes im actually a bit scared i hate anything that resembles or near to needles or scalpels my phobia is REAL

I did find one trigger "glare" of all things HOW DOES ONE AVOID THE GLARE FROM LIGHT ESPECIALLY SUNLIGHT OR LIGHTS AT NIGHT-TIME WHEN BOTH ARE NEEDED
So yea not the best update but an update nonetheless

To anyone that goes through these migraines i fully understand the feeling of wanting to drill a hole in your head YOUR NOT CRAZY just pls let me know if it helps

noraina
12-22-2017, 05:18 PM
Oh sis, I am so sorry to hear things haven't improved much...:love: :love: :love:

I am utterly useless in this regard, but the other day in the news I heard there has been a huge breakthrough in terms of migraine therapy. There's this antibody called erenumab which might really help migraine suffers. It's in the trial stage at the moment, but I hope whenever it comes out it helps you in'sha'Allah.

And don't be scared of hijama, it might really, really help you, because migraines are just so debilitating. As long as you go to a qualified therapist you should be okay.

Have you tried out steam inhalation at all?

btw, don't even think of drilling a hole into your heard...I don't want you to disappear again like that! :D

May Allah swt give you complete shifaa and relieve you of all of your pain. Ameen.

muslimah_B
12-22-2017, 05:42 PM
Oh sis, I am so sorry to hear things haven't improved much...:love: :love: :love:

I am utterly useless in this regard, but the other day in the news I heard there has been a huge breakthrough in terms of migraine therapy. There's this antibody called erenumab which might really help migraine suffers. It's in the trial stage at the moment, but I hope whenever it comes out it helps you in'sha'Allah.

And don't be scared of hijama, it might really, really help you, because migraines are just so debilitating. As long as you go to a qualified therapist you should be okay.

Have you tried out steam inhalation at all?

btw, don't even think of drilling a hole into your heard...I don't want you to disappear again like that! :D

May Allah swt give you complete shifaa and relieve you of all of your pain. Ameen.
Ameen jazakAllah khairn

Wellll lets hope it actually helps im at the end of my tether with this poop

Girl my phobia is unreal i put off a blood test for months because of it, husband drags me there when he finds out and im in the room having a panic attack n nurse is like think of something nice like your husband here and im like he's the one who brought me here i don't like him right now... well they have a good laugh at that while im crying my eyes out having a needle shoved into me. He did buy me a treat after so i forgave him lol so now imagine me during hijama where he wont be with me and no1 will be able to calm me down NO THANKS lol

No the drilling would actually be a mercy to the pain i get from them i would actually like it lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.