/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why many Muslims prefer to blame black magic for their failure?

ardianto
07-23-2016, 04:11 PM
:sl:

Today one room tenant in my office told me that he already know the cause why his small business is always bad. He said it's because black magic. But I didn't believe because I know the cause. Lack of entrepreneurship. He has no initiative, easy to give up, has no business plan. No wonder if his business is always static.

Frankly, one thing that makes me concerned about Muslim societies is, there are many Muslims who prefer to blame black magic for their failure and problem, instead of analyze the cause and make improvement. So they always failed and failed again, and their problem never been solved.

With mindset like this no wonder if Muslims are left behind.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asha Hamat
07-24-2016, 09:11 AM
true...some times it is right but they also don't do anything about and sometimes they just get used to saying ohhh this thing happened because of devil eye or....etc. unfortunately, Those family raise children who are irresponsible and lazy and always ready to put blames on everything but them selves.

MisterK
07-24-2016, 11:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asha Hamat
true...some times it is right but they also don't do anything about and sometimes they just get used to saying ohhh this thing happened because of devil eye or....etc. unfortunately, Those family raise children who are irresponsible and lazy and always ready to put blames on everything but them selves.
This seems to be more common in among people in general. Regardless of religion, it seems more and more people are refusing to take personal responsibility for anything, and can't admit their short comings and thus don't better thenselves.

Many people always find scapegoats in order to maintain their flawed views of themselves. At least, that's how it seems to me.

It's always the teacher's fault, the boss' fault, it's a scheme against them, they're fine but people just can't handle how good they are, others are intimidated by them and so they get sabotaged, etc, etc. Sure, in some rare instances that may be true, but most of the time people blame things outside of themselves for their failures and short comings it's bogus reasoning used to ignore responsibility and protect their fragile ego.

ardianto
07-24-2016, 12:17 PM
The danger of blaming black magic for failure is, it always lead to accusation. If someone think that his failure/problem caused by black magic, then he must be will try to find who sent this black magic, and begin to accuse people around him.

Good relationship between two of my acquaintances who had same business was broken because accusation like this. One party accused the another sent black magic that make her business never progressed. But I knew that's not true. From I noticed, if the accused business progressed well, it's because he managed his business far better than the woman who accused him. Me and few other people have tried to tell her to not accuse like that. But, she was not willing to listen.

Accusation like this not only cause conflict, but can be dangerous and even deadly. I have heard several cases which someone accuse another person sent black magic that cause his failure, and then commit violence.

That's why we must educate people to not blame black magic when they get failed or have problem.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'abd al-hakeem
07-24-2016, 12:56 PM
Bismillah walhamdulillah wa salaatu wa salaam ala Rasulillah;

Salaamu aleykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu;

Either way ibn wa bint Adam (as) have overlooked the fact that Shaythan, and a bad case of ignorance has struck again.

Not only has the suffering business owner been veiled from the truth that the solution lies in his very own "hands", but the casual observer has been affected as well because they overlooked the fact that as Muslims we should be helping one another instead of judging

Where is the compassion?

Wallahu alem

M.I.A.
07-24-2016, 01:39 PM
As a business supervisor.. two years in and it's literally plane as day that what you have coming to you is what you have.

I have had several people who have wanted to add to the business through there own products and services.

It seems like I have declined there offers out of fear of Allah swt.

Simply because working hard is not the same as working clever.. and what they have planned for the future is something I probably don't want to be part of.

Similarly my customer Base is not always what I would aspire to be associated with.

I would assume that people with drive and aspiration would not be concerned with those that offer money and expansion..

Especially those that believe and work righteousness.

Back magic may simply be poor decision making, allowing those that would hold on to you to do so..

And for a while those people are absent.

Maybe one day again they will also dissappear.

Fast money, fast cars, fast women.. I have not chased any of them.

...I'd just like to get a little quicker.

Serinity
07-24-2016, 01:46 PM
:salam:

Bismillah.

Blaming other for your own short-comings and failures.. Is the sunnah of Ibless (satan).. he blamed Allah :swt: for what he himself did. Was angry at Allah :swt: for ordering him to prostrate (prostration of respect - not worship - as worship is for Allah alone) to Adam (AS) .

Allahu alam.

noraina
07-24-2016, 02:00 PM
In my culture it is nazar, 'evil eye', every illness or accident or argument or difficulty is blamed on nazar. I'm so tired of it. Once this woman slipped while walking on the street after coming from someone's house and everyone said that the person she visited gave her 'nazar'. Seriously?

There are two major problems with this attitude.

1, as has been said, it's a way for people to run away from responsibility for their own actions by blaming it on the evil of someone else and then this in turn encourages them to do nothing productive about it.

2, it's giving people unnecessary power over you which only Allah swt has. Black magic and the evil eye are in Islam for sure, but not to the extent people make them out to be. Also, no evil or hardship will reach us unless Allah swt intends for it to reach us. So we should accept the fact that it is either to do with our own shortcomings, or it is a trial from Allah swt we should realise and try to overcome.

It also leads to people begining to think who can give them black magic or 'nazar' and defaming others. This mentality can become very fatalistic and makes me feel uncomfortable.

M.I.A.
07-24-2016, 02:18 PM
Agreed, quran 3:103

...mostly it's about maintaining equanimity.

Or getting over your own thought processes.

Serinity
07-24-2016, 03:33 PM
I've not met someone in my family blaming black magic. They just say it is Qadr, when something bad or good happens to them, and accept it.

Aside from that.. Many seem to curse someone when they don't do good. I heard people say "may Allah destroy you!" or "may shaytaan eat you!" or something. Idk if the last one is ok. I don't think so. Only allowed to do dua to Allah, as it is worship, and worship is for no one except Allah alone.

Or "may Allah :swt: blind you!" or something.. bad duas.. :(

Allahu alam.

noraina
07-24-2016, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
I've not met someone in my family blaming black magic. They just say it is Qadr, when something bad or good happens to them, and accept it.

Aside from that.. Many seem to curse someone when they don't do good. I heard people say "may Allah destroy you!" or "may shaytaan eat you!" or something. Idk if the last one is ok. I don't think so. Only allowed to do dua to Allah, as it is worship, and worship is for no one except Allah alone.

Or "may Allah :swt: blind you!" or something.. bad duas.. :(

Allahu alam.
I've noticed that too, people seem to curse each other with 'May Allah swt ruin you' or 'May He not give you success!' to other Muslims.

I don't think that's right at all, Allah swt is the One Who gives or witholds punishment according to His will, no-one's curse is going to do much good. I mean there's that hadith where someone was telling the Prophet (saw) to curse his opponents, and he refused to do that. Also, I think I read somewhere that one of the reasons a dua isn't accepted is when you make a dua for something bad.

Just seems wrong to me, I would never make dua to Allah swt to curse someone...I think we should be more patient and pray for their guidance or for justice rather than curse them.

Serinity
07-24-2016, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I've noticed that too, people seem to curse each other with 'May Allah swt ruin you' or 'May He not give you success!' to other Muslims.

I don't think that's right at all, Allah swt is the One Who gives or witholds punishment according to His will, no-one's curse is going to do much good. I mean there's that hadith where someone was telling the Prophet (saw) to curse his opponents, and he refused to do that. Also, I think I read somewhere that one of the reasons a dua isn't accepted is when you make a dua for something bad.

Just seems wrong to me, I would never make dua to Allah swt to curse someone...I think we should be more patient and pray for their guidance or for justice rather than curse them.
many do it out of frustration (at least of what I have noticed) or they do it out of anger. Cuz I don't think they'd really want that for the other person.

So I think people do it out of anger, and not necessarily because they want bad for the other person. That's what I've noticed. Allahu alam.

may Allah :swt: never grant a bad dua! Ameen.

Btw, am I right in that if you curse someone, that curse will go all the way up to the 7th heaven, and close all the doors, and if the curse is unjust, it goes back to the one who said it? Allahu alam.

may Allah :swt: protect us all from misguidance and remove any disease in our heart. Ameen. And Allah :swt: knows best.

M.I.A.
07-24-2016, 06:26 PM
Mankind is insolence and competition.

He makes complain of being poked...

But cannot understand when he pokes.

And all are entitled to pray against those that hurt them.. those that lie against Allah swt.

Although maybe it does not translate well.

To be fair this is why I am really bad at conversation.. I could never be how most are.

Unfortunately if a dog has a moment of self realisation.. it does not change the fact.

Allah swt guide is towards good character.. although the compulsions are hardly acting.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.