/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does this invalidate the prayer?

Aaqib
07-27-2016, 12:52 AM
1. Mixing up on what to say in rukoo' and sujood
2. Scratching some part of your body due to terrible itching.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
07-27-2016, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
1. Mixing up on what to say in rukoo' and sujood
2. Scratching some part of your body due to terrible itching.
:sl:

no , not at all even if you were scratching many times UNLESS UNTILL IT APPEARS AS IF YOU WERE NOT PRAYING AT ALL.

Sujood , rukoo is Fard but the sayings in it Tasbih is not , so mistakes NOT in FARD will not invalidate your prayer unless its wajib where you will need a sujdha Sahu

talibilm
07-27-2016, 01:08 PM
Also such scratching are allowed untill three times but after three times are considered as Makrooh or detested. Such things are better, done in actions like in sittings between sujood or the standing after Rukooh than the main actions like Standing (Kiyam ) or sujood or rukooh.

a.danhamidu
07-27-2016, 04:48 PM
Masha Allah, well said talibilm.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'abd al-hakeem
07-28-2016, 12:00 AM
bismillah walhamdulillah;
salaamu aleykum ikhwan;

Baraakallahu feek, akhi Aaqib, for the fear that this put in my heart regarding my frailty, insignificance and imperfect worship of Allah subhanahu wa Ta'ala.

May He accept all of our efforts in worship and grant every single one of us with improved focus, attention, concentration and sincerity. amin ya Rabb.

Aaqib
07-28-2016, 01:16 AM
brother taliblim, what about saying the atahiyat outloud during salat alone? And smiling cuz of dunya (jokes, etc.), but no laughing?

talibilm
07-28-2016, 11:54 AM
brother taliblim, what about saying the atahiyat outloud during salat alone?

Brother am not sure about that but My qiyas says that when all Thashahud (or Atahiyat) even in silent prayer (zuhr, asr) and loud prayers (fajr, magrib, Isha) are read with no loud voice which implies ITS ONE OF THE WAJIB of Fard salah so If Wajib is broken you will need a Sajdah Sahu. But in Individual Nafl Saalah it may not matter IMHO.

And smiling cuz of dunya (jokes, etc.), but no laughing?
Salah is not broken but Think its a Makrooh or DETESTED and loss of Khushu khuzoo.

May Allah bless us all with Khushu Khuzoo in our Salah . ameen.

talibilm
07-28-2016, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abd il-Hakim
bismillah walhamdulillah;
salaamu aleykum ikhwan;

Baraakallahu feek, akhi Aaqib, for the fear that this put in my heart regarding my frailty, insignificance and imperfect worship of Allah subhanahu wa Ta'ala.

May He accept all of our efforts in worship and grant every single one of us with improved focus, attention, concentration and sincerity. amin ya Rabb.
:sl: brother

This is ONE of the great traits of Sahabas who used to worry whether their Amal was accepted by Allah or not. Its said they will dua for living in Ramadhan before 6 of ramadhan and also do dua to accept their amal untill after 6 months of Ramadhan. Its said, After every amal (or Salah) its better to utter words something like' O Allah i have not fullfilled your duties in the way it should have been fullfilled.'

'abd al-hakeem
07-28-2016, 01:40 PM
Bismillah;
Salaamu aleykum;

I think its fair to say that regardless of anything, I'm not worthy of being mentioned with the Sahaba (radiallahu anhum).

I'm just coming down from a high dose of imaan and I'm suddenly reminded of the things that I will be held accountable for since becoming Muslim less than 2 years ago. Wallahi may Allah have mercy on us all... We have two eyes, and are incapable of showing adequate thanks for ONE, let alone the sin we commit, not to mention the mistakes we make in worship. Astaghfirullah we are blessed as an Ummah but surely we, collectively, and individually, are insufficiently aware of our Creator.

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala grant me, my ikhwan, our families, and all our progeny till the Day of Judgement, with ease in the Grave and in the Akhira. Amin ya Rabbil alamin.

OmAbdullah
07-28-2016, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
:sl: brother

This is ONE of the great traits of Sahabas who used to worry whether their Amal was accepted by Allah or not. Its said they will dua for living in Ramadhan before 6 of ramadhan and also do dua to accept their amal untill after 6 months of Ramadhan. Its said, After every amal (or Salah) its better to utter words something like' O Allah i have not fullfilled your duties in the way it should have been fullfilled.'

First, that is before making du'aa, we must try our best to make salah with ihsaan. Ihsaan means that we worship Allah as if we see HIM and with the belief that although, I cannot see HIM but HE (Allah) surely sees me. In Salaah we are standing in front of the Great Sovereign, the ONE WHO is the King of all kings. If you stand in the office of a chief like a principal of a college, you shall be very serious, there you will not scratch any part of the body and you will not remember jokes and smile on them. Then how can you do that while standing in front of Allah Almighty. Surely such actions in prayer are due to weakness of eemaan. Yes, if an insect bites you in prayer and terrible iching starts, then Allah Almighty knows it and Allah is the Forgiving, Most Merciful. Even then certain parts of the body are not to be touched otherwise ablution will go away and prayer will become invalid. So we must make prayer with taqwa (the extreme fear of Allah), so much taqwa that Satan the cursed one runs away. And then after the salaah we should pray to Allah to accept our prayer because we cannot be proud of our ibaadah, rather we must stay humble.

'abd al-hakeem
07-29-2016, 01:07 AM
Bismillah walhamdulillah wa salaatu wa salaam ala Rasulillah;
Salaamu aleykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu;

Is it humble of you to tell a person they have weak faith? Why not make du'a for them instead?

Are you trying to Judge whether or not this person will get into Jannah? A'udhu billah - Allah swt is the Judge.

What do you make of the Ullema who talk about pure faith of those who suffer from Waswaas? See below from Islam QA

Excerpt 1: "
When I do Salah (formal prayers) or intend to do good deeds I often get very evil thoughts in my mind."

Excerpt 2: "Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on this hadeeth (narration): “The Prophet’s words, ‘That is a clear sign of faith’ means, the fact that think of this waswaas as something terrible is a clear sign of faith, for if you dare not utter it and you are so afraid of it and of speaking of it, let alone believing it, this is the sign of one who has achieved perfect faith [A.K.A. IMAAN] and who is free of doubt.”

Are you above Imam al Nawawi? I know you're not above Prophet Muhammad (saws) or Allah subhanahu wa Ta'ala...

Wallahu alem

OmAbdullah
07-30-2016, 10:54 AM
Bismillah walhamdulillah wa salaatu wa salaam ala Rasulillah;
Salaamu aleykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu;

Is it humble of you to tell a person they have weak faith? Why not make du'a for them instead?

Are you trying to Judge whether or not this person will get into Jannah? A'udhu billah - Allah swt is the Judge.

What do you make of the Ullema who talk about pure faith of those who suffer from Waswaas? See below from Islam QA

Excerpt 1: "
When I do Salah (formal prayers) or intend to do good deeds I often get very evil thoughts in my mind."

Excerpt 2: "Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on this hadeeth (narration): “The Prophet’s words, ‘That is a clear sign of faith’ means, the fact that think of this waswaas as something terrible is a clear sign of faith, for if you dare not utter it and you are so afraid of it and of speaking of it, let alone believing it, this is the sign of one who has achieved perfect faith [A.K.A. IMAAN] and who is free of doubt.”

Are you above Imam al Nawawi? I know you're not above Prophet Muhammad (saws) or Allah subhanahu wa Ta'ala...

Wallahu alem

Wa Alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

You must have noted that instead of quoting the OP, I quoted you in my post because you are trying to guide him and are acting like a teacher. He is asking about changing /exchanging the contents of the sijdah and rukoo' and you are making it o.k. for him. Thus you are not only straying him but many other readers, trying to make them unserious about making prayers. Just think. I didn't write about this mistake of him i.e. exchanging the contents of sijdah and rukoo'. But I felt upset again and again about my carelessness in this regard until I sat now to make it clear that Salaath is a hadeeth mutawaatar. None has the right to exchange the contents of sujood and rukoo'.

I am not equal to the soil under the feet /shoes of Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam. Allah Almighty is the Unique Creator, God and Lord of all of us. There is no question of reaching Allah!!! Sad to see that you utter words like this because your poor dameer is so much suppressed by you. May Allah guide you right because the ulemaa like you have made the Muslims so much unserious about our Deen that the Ummah is now killed every where.

O Muslims don't forget that once when the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam came out, the companions were laughing, the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam asked, "Did you forget the Hell-Fire?" This laughing was normal while they were sitting and talking together. In this way the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam made them to be in fear of Hell every time and thus remain serious. Otherwise, mankind is very weak, can go astray easily. True, the waswasa is there and with it a Muslim doesn't become kaafir. But we must be alert and seek the refuge of Allah from it.

Perhaps you don't remember the type of salaah that those great muslims did. While one Muslim of the past was making salaah, a snake came out and bit a child. The people around him killed the snake. After salaah, that Muslim asked about the noise that happened around him. They told him the story of the snake. Such was their involvement in the worship of Allah and forget about the world!!! I wish and pray to Allah to make my prayers like those Muslims. Then I, insha-Allah, will get a reward 50 times of their prayers. This is according to a Hadeeth. Every God-fearing Muslim should also wish and pray like me.

OmAbdullah
07-30-2016, 02:06 PM
With the name of Allah, the Rahmaan, the Raheem

How do I fight waswasa in my prayer:

Being a human being I do face waswasa in prayer. But I struggle hard to get rid of it and alhamdulillah that I succeed many times. How???

I keep in mind the following facts as came in the Holy Quraan and Hadeeth Shareef. In salaah we are in communication with Allah. We are advised to make it with ihsaan as I have explained in my previous post # 10. So I try to remember that I am standing in the presence of Allah and Allah is watching me. This thought is more forceful in my mind than thinking of the Kiraaman kaatibeen who are recording all of my words and actions. See: this thought gives an impression as if I am watched from my front and my both sides, as if I am not free at all. And that is true as every person will see right at the time of death.

Again according to a Hadeeth-Qudsee narrated by Abu Hurairah rAa (reported in the Saheeh Muslim), the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) said that Allah says:

“I divided the Al-Faatihah into two halves between ME and MY worshipper and for My worshipper is that what he asks for. When the servant/worshipper says, ‘Alhamdu-lillahi Rabbil- aalameen’, Allah says, ‘MY servant has praised ME’. When the servant says, ‘Ar-Rahmaani-r-Raheem’. Allah says, ‘MY servant has celebrated MY praises’. And when the servant says, ‘Maliki Yawmid-Deen’. Allah says, ‘MY servant has dignified ME’. When he (the servant) says, ‘iyyaka na’budu wa iyyaka nasta’een’. Allah says, this is between ME and MY servant’ and for MY servant is that what he asks for’. And when he says, ‘ihdina Siratal-Mustaqeema, siratalladheena an’amta alaihim ghairil-maghdoobi alaihim wa la-addaaleen’. Allah says, ‘This is for MY servant and for MY servant is that what he asked for”.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In fact every Muslim must try to learn the translation of all contents of prayer or at least that of the surah Al-Faatihah. I understand according to the above hadeeth that after bismillah---- the first 3 verses of Al-Faatihah are for Allah as we praise Allah in those verses. So I must read them with full attention. If I lose my attention due to waswasa, I repeat these verses until my mind gets fully concentrated on what my tongue says. The next comes my du’aa in which I must focus my mind that I am standing in the Great Office of Allah because our salaah is like attending the Office of Allah.

Some scholar said that Assalaatu mairaajul mo’mineen. “Salaah is the mairaaj of the believers”. (I thought it was a hadeeth but I couldn't find it, Allah knows best). It is like we meet Allah in every prayer. that is a great position for a human being!!!

If a waswasa attacks me in rukoo’ or sujood, I try to lengthen it by saying ‘Subhaana Rabbi-yal-Azeem (in rukoo’) and “Subhaana Rabbi-yal-A’la (in sujood) 5 times instead of 3 times so that my mind becomes focused on the rememberance of Allah.

If due to waswasa, I don’t remember my communication with Allah the Greatest, I repeat the whole of my prayer, may be 4 rakaat fard. This is because I fear that my prayer should not get discarded on the Day of Judgment. Even then I fear a lot and pray to Allah to accept all of my ibaadah, aameen ya Allah.

There is a unanimous hadeeth narrated by Abu Hurairah rAa, that the Messenger salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam entered a masjid, a man also entered the masjid and performed a ritual prayer. He then came and greeted the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) .

The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) returned his greetings, but said: “Go back and pray for you have not prayed”.

The man went back and re-did his prayer just as he had done before. He again came and greeted the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him).

The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) again returned his greetings and repeated the words: “Go back and pray for you have not prayed”.

He returned and prayed for the third time and said: “ By HIM WHO has sent you with truth, I cannot do better than this. Please teach me.”

The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) then said: “ If you address yourself to prayer, pronounce the Greatness of Allah (say: Allaho Akbar), then recite from the Quraan ( surah Al-Faatihah and some more verses like surah Al-Ikhlaas or other---), then go into bowing and maintain composure, then raise yourself until you stand straight. After that, prostrate yourself and feel at ease in prostration, then raise yourself up and sit until you attain equanimity. Keep to this method throughout your ritual prsayer.”

(Unanimous Tradition)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In light of the above mentioned hadeeth, we must be very careful to protect our prayers (salaat) from getting discarded.

Aaqib
07-30-2016, 02:15 PM
Sister nbegam, what about Salatul Sajda? When you don't remember about the salaat?

owais707
07-30-2016, 02:17 PM
Thanks.

'abd al-hakeem
07-30-2016, 03:00 PM

'abd al-hakeem
07-30-2016, 03:23 PM
Astaghfirullah. Perhaps I'm better off not being here. You're right. I'm nothing in comparison to my brothers and sisters. I'm terrified of the akhira.

I'm surprised by this though

format_quote Originally Posted by nbegam
Every God-fearing Muslim should also wish and pray like me
May Allah subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive me and grant all of my brothers and sisters Jannat al-firdaus. amin ya Rabb

talibilm
07-30-2016, 11:16 PM

First, that is before making du'aa, we must try our best to make salah with ihsaan. Ihsaan means that we worship Allah as if we see HIM and with the belief that although, I cannot see HIM but HE (Allah) surely sees me. In Salaah we are standing in front of the Great Sovereign, the ONE WHO is the King of all kings. If you stand in the office of a chief like a principal of a college, you shall be very serious, there you will not scratch any part of the body and you will not remember jokes and smile on them. Then how can you do that while standing in front of Allah Almighty. Surely such actions in prayer are due to weakness of eemaan. Yes, if an insect bites you in prayer and terrible iching starts, then Allah Almighty knows it and Allah is the Forgiving, Most Merciful. Even then certain parts of the body are not to be touched otherwise ablution will go away and prayer will become invalid. So we must make prayer with taqwa (the extreme fear of Allah), so much taqwa that Satan the cursed one runs away. And then after the salaah we should pray to Allah to accept our prayer because we cannot be proud of our ibaadah, rather we must stay humble.

Jazakallah Ukthi , very nice post Inshallah we must follow this and this is in other words will be Kushoo and khuzoo.

talibilm
07-30-2016, 11:29 PM

You must have noted that instead of quoting the OP, I quoted you in my post because you are trying to guide him and are acting like a teacher. He is asking about changing /exchanging the contents of the sijdah and rukoo' and you are making it o.k. for him. Thus you are not only straying him but many other readers, trying to make them unserious about making prayers. Just think. I didn't write about this mistake of him i.e. exchanging the contents of sijdah and rukoo'. But I felt upset again and again about my carelessness in this regard until I sat now to make it clear that Salaath is a hadeeth mutawaatar. None has the right to exchange the contents of sujood and rukoo'.

Here too I agree this ukthi ' None has the right to exchange the contents of sujood and rukoo' but here the OP is asking it since he knows it its a mistake that might have invalidate his salah.

And we see in Hadiths Allah had made his Prophet :saws: to commit such simple errors like forgetting the number of rakats and doing tasleem and sahabas reminding him and forgetting to do Ghusl for junube and Prophet :saws: waking away when the Jamat in in progress and indicating them to stay as it is and and rushing for a Ghusl and coming back and continuing the salah , with water droplets falling from his hair ( and some other errors too)

This is all Just to make the Ummah know two things IMHO
1) Allah is all forgiving
2) Allah wants to make The deen easy for us .

I stand to be corrected if i am wrong in my Opinon.

Jazakallah khair.

Abz2000
07-31-2016, 12:04 AM
Riyadh as-Saliheen Series – Hadith 4: Repentance

*Chapter 2 – Ḥadīth 15: Repentance

eوعن أبي حمزةَ أنسِ بنِ مالكٍ الأنصاريِّ – خادِمِ رسولِ الله – قَالَ : قَالَ رَسُولُ الله : « للهُ أفْرَحُ بِتَوْبَةِ عَبْدِهِ مِنْ
أَحَدِكُمْ سَقَطَ عَلَى بَعِيرهِ وقد أضلَّهُ في أرضٍ فَلاةٍ » . مُتَّفَقٌ عليه .وفي رواية لمُسْلمٍ : « للهُ أَشَدُّ فَرَحاً بِتَوبَةِ عَبْدِهِ حِينَ يتوبُ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ أَحَدِكُمْ كَانَ عَلَى رَاحِلَتهِ بأرضٍ فَلاةٍ ، فَانْفَلَتَتْ مِنْهُ وَعَلَيْهَا طَعَامُهُ وَشَرَابهُ فأَيِسَ مِنْهَا ، فَأَتى شَجَرَةً فاضطَجَعَ في ظِلِّهَا وقد أيِسَ مِنْ رَاحلَتهِ ، فَبَينَما هُوَ كَذَلِكَ إِذْ هُوَ بِها قائِمَةً عِندَهُ ، فَأَخَذَ بِخِطامِهَا ، ثُمَّ قَالَ مِنْ شِدَّةِ الفَرَحِ : اللَّهُمَّ أنْتَ عَبدِي وأنا رَبُّكَ ! أَخْطَأَ مِنْ شِدَّةِ الفَرَحِ »َ

Anas b. Mālik Al-Ansāri (raḍyAllāhu 'anhu)*the servant of the Messenger of Allah narrated:

Messenger of Allah (ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:

“Verily, Allah is more delighted with the repentance of His slave than a person who lost his camel in a desert land and then finds it (unexpectedly)”.
[Bukhari and Muslim].

In another version of Muslim, he is reported to have said:
“Verily, Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than a person who has his camel in a waterless desert carrying his provision of food and drink and it is lost. He, having lost all hopes (to get that back), lies down in shade and is disappointed about his camel; when all of a sudden he finds that camel standing before him. He takes hold of its reins and then out of boundless joy blurts out:
'O Allah, You are my slave and I am Your Rubb'.
He commits this mistake out of extreme joy.”

Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen said in his explanation of this ḥadīth:The author (Al-Nawawi)*raḥimahullāhsays, 'the servant of the Messenger of Allah ' in reference to Anas (raḍyAllāhu 'anhu), whose mother brought him to the Prophet (ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam) upon arriving in Madinah and said, 'here is Anas ibn Malik to serve you'. The Prophet (ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam) accepted him, and Anas (raḍyAllāhu 'anhu) became the servant of the Prophet (ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam).
Anas (raḍyAllāhu 'anhu) related that the Messenger (ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: “Verily, Allah is more delighted with the repentance of His slave” more than the happiness of a man who finds his camel after losing it, and he mentioned the story: that a man was in a desert alone, with no water, food, or people…and he lost his camel. He searched, but failed to find it. So he went to sleep under a tree, awaiting death! He lost hope in finding his camel and lost hope in life, for his food and drink were on the lost camel.

Then suddenly, in this state of hopelessness, he finds his camel right in front of him, its reins attached to the same tree he slept beneath.
What is comparable to such happiness? No one can truly relate to such joy except one who was in the same situation.* Indeed, it is great joy; joy of life after death.
For this reason he took hold of its reins and cried, “'O Allah, You are my slave and I am Your Rabb!'”*

He wanted to praise Allah saying:*'O Allah, You are my Lord and I am Your Slave',* but due to his extreme joy, he made a mistakenly switched it around.

From the Benefits of this ḥHadīth:*is evidence of Allah's –*azza wa jal*– happiness with the repentance of His slave to Him, and that He –*subḥānahu wa ta'āla*– loves this deed greatly. But this is not due to His need for our deeds and repentance, for Allah is Free of needs from us, rather this is due to Allah's love for Generosity, for He, subhanahu wata'ala, loves to Pardon and Forgive. This is more beloved to Him than taking retribution and imposing blame. For this reason, Allah loves the repentance of the slave.*So in this ḥadīth, there is encouragement towards repentance, due to Allah's love for it and the benefit it holds for the slave.

From the lessons of this ḥadīth*is affirmation (of the attribute) of 'happiness' to Allah*'azza wa jal. For He,*subḥānahu wa ta'āla, becomes Pleased, Angry, Hates and Loves. But these attributes are unlike our own, because Allah says
لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِ شَيْءٌ ۖ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْبَصِيرُ
There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.”*(Sūrat'l-Shūra42:11).

So, this 'happiness' is befitting to His Might and Majesty*and does not resemble the joy of the creation.

In this ḥHadīth, there is also evidencethat if a person's tongue slips and they say a certain statement mistakenly, even if it is in essence (a statement of)*kufr*(disbelief), then they are not held accountable for it. In the case of this man (in the hadith), his statement was one of disbelief. This is because, a person saying to his Lord, 'You are my slave and I am you Lord'; this is undoubtedly a statement of disbelief. But when it was uttered mistakenly – under circumstances of extreme joy – then he was not held accountable for it.*

So if a person makes a mistake regarding a word or statement of disbelief, then he is not accounted for it. Similar is the case for other words or statement, such as if he unintentionally cursed someone or mistakenly freed his slave. All of this does not make him accountable for anything, because he did not intend it. It becomes similar, in such a case, to the unintentional oath (al-laghw fil yameen). Allah*ta'āla*said:

لَّا يُؤَاخِذُكُمُ اللَّهُ بِاللَّغْوِ فِي أَيْمَانِكُمْ وَلَٰكِن يُؤَاخِذُكُم بِمَا كَسَبَتْ لَّا يُؤَاخِذُكُمُ اللَّهُ بِاللَّغْوِ فِي أَيْمَانِكُمْ وَلَٰكِن يُؤَاخِذُكُم بِمَا كَسَبَتْ قُلُوبُكُ

“Allah does not impose blame upon you for what is unintentional in your oaths, but He imposes blame upon you for what your hearts have earned.”*(Sūrat'l-Baqarah*2:225).

This is different from the case of the mocker, who becomes a disbeliever if he says a statement of disbelief, even if he was mocking. This is due to what Allah says,

وَلَئِن سَأَلْتَهُمْ لَيَقُولُنَّ إِنَّمَا كُنَّا نَخُوضُ وَنَلْعَبُ ۚ قُلْ أَبِاللَّهِ وَآيَاتِهِ وَرَسُولِهِ كُنتُمْ تَسْتَهْزِئُونَلَا تَعْتَذِرُوا قَدْ كَفَرْتُم بَعْدَ إِيمَانِكُمْ

“And if you ask them, they will surely say, “We were only conversing and playing.”
Say, “Is it Allah and His verses and His Messenger that you were mocking?”
Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after your belief.”*(*Sūrat'l-Tawbah*9:65, 66).

This is because the scoffer meant what he said, and meant it's meaning, but said it in the form of mockery and ridicule. For this reason, he became a disbeliever. This is contrary to the case of one who did not intend it, thus making his statement not considered as anything.This is from the Mercy of Allah –'azza wa jal*¬– and*Allah is the source of success.

http://muslimmatters.org/2011/10/06/...-4-repentance/

Anyways, it's necessary to say astaghfirullah (i seek Allah's forgiveness) whether it was intentional or not - and to repent sincerely if we have been foolish mockers -since we're reading this thread it means the angel of death hasn't visited us yet, there may still be time.

Aunty Begam, the OP only said "My Master is glorified and free from every imperfection, The Most Strong and Powerful" in place of "My Master is glorified and free from every imperfection, The Most High".
God knows what grevous and hefty punishment you believe the OP's Master is preparing for him.

talibilm
08-01-2016, 02:32 PM

ABZ2000 had quoted the appropriate hadith here IMO which proves Inshallah AR Rahman may forgive us for the slip of our tongues. Jazakallah khair.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Riyadh as-Saliheen Series – Hadith 4: Repentance

*Chapter 2 – Ḥadīth 15: Repentance

eوعن أبي حمزةَ أنسِ بنِ مالكٍ الأنصاريِّ – خادِمِ رسولِ الله – قَالَ : قَالَ رَسُولُ الله : « للهُ أفْرَحُ بِتَوْبَةِ عَبْدِهِ مِنْ
أَحَدِكُمْ سَقَطَ عَلَى بَعِيرهِ وقد أضلَّهُ في أرضٍ فَلاةٍ » . مُتَّفَقٌ عليه .وفي رواية لمُسْلمٍ : « للهُ أَشَدُّ فَرَحاً بِتَوبَةِ عَبْدِهِ حِينَ يتوبُ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ أَحَدِكُمْ كَانَ عَلَى رَاحِلَتهِ بأرضٍ فَلاةٍ ، فَانْفَلَتَتْ مِنْهُ وَعَلَيْهَا طَعَامُهُ وَشَرَابهُ فأَيِسَ مِنْهَا ، فَأَتى شَجَرَةً فاضطَجَعَ في ظِلِّهَا وقد أيِسَ مِنْ رَاحلَتهِ ، فَبَينَما هُوَ كَذَلِكَ إِذْ هُوَ بِها قائِمَةً عِندَهُ ، فَأَخَذَ بِخِطامِهَا ، ثُمَّ قَالَ مِنْ شِدَّةِ الفَرَحِ : اللَّهُمَّ أنْتَ عَبدِي وأنا رَبُّكَ ! أَخْطَأَ مِنْ شِدَّةِ الفَرَحِ »َ

Anas b. Mālik Al-Ansāri (raḍyAllāhu 'anhu)*the servant of the Messenger of Allah narrated:

Messenger of Allah (ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:

“Verily, Allah is more delighted with the repentance of His slave than a person who lost his camel in a desert land and then finds it (unexpectedly)”.
[Bukhari and Muslim].

In another version of Muslim, he is reported to have said:
“Verily, Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than a person who has his camel in a waterless desert carrying his provision of food and drink and it is lost. He, having lost all hopes (to get that back), lies down in shade and is disappointed about his camel; when all of a sudden he finds that camel standing before him. He takes hold of its reins and then out of boundless joy blurts out:
'O Allah, You are my slave and I am Your Rubb'.
He commits this mistake out of extreme joy.”

Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen said in his explanation of this ḥadīth:The author (Al-Nawawi)*raḥimahullāhsays, 'the servant of the Messenger of Allah ' in reference to Anas (raḍyAllāhu 'anhu), whose mother brought him to the Prophet (ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam) upon arriving in Madinah and said, 'here is Anas ibn Malik to serve you'. The Prophet (ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam) accepted him, and Anas (raḍyAllāhu 'anhu) became the servant of the Prophet (ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam).
Anas (raḍyAllāhu 'anhu) related that the Messenger (ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: “Verily, Allah is more delighted with the repentance of His slave” more than the happiness of a man who finds his camel after losing it, and he mentioned the story: that a man was in a desert alone, with no water, food, or people…and he lost his camel. He searched, but failed to find it. So he went to sleep under a tree, awaiting death! He lost hope in finding his camel and lost hope in life, for his food and drink were on the lost camel.

Then suddenly, in this state of hopelessness, he finds his camel right in front of him, its reins attached to the same tree he slept beneath.
What is comparable to such happiness? No one can truly relate to such joy except one who was in the same situation.* Indeed, it is great joy; joy of life after death. For this reason he took hold of its reins and cried, “'O Allah, You are my slave and I am Your Rabb!'”*

He wanted to praise Allah saying:*'O Allah, You are my Lord and I am Your Slave',* but due to his extreme joy, he made a mistakenly switched it around.

From the Benefits of this ḥHadīth:*is evidence of Allah's –*azza wa jal*– happiness with the repentance of His slave to Him, and that He –*subḥānahu wa ta'āla*– loves this deed greatly. But this is not due to His need for our deeds and repentance, for Allah is Free of needs from us, rather this is due to Allah's love for Generosity, for He, subhanahu wata'ala, loves to Pardon and Forgive. This is more beloved to Him than taking retribution and imposing blame. For this reason, Allah loves the repentance of the slave.*So in this ḥadīth, there is encouragement towards repentance, due to Allah's love for it and the benefit it holds for the slave.

From the lessons of this ḥadīth*is affirmation (of the attribute) of 'happiness' to Allah*'azza wa jal. For He,*subḥānahu wa ta'āla, becomes Pleased, Angry, Hates and Loves. But these attributes are unlike our own, because Allah says
لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِ شَيْءٌ ۖ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْبَصِيرُ
There is nothing like unto Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.”*(Sūrat'l-Shūra42:11).

So, this 'happiness' is befitting to His Might and Majesty*and does not resemble the joy of the creation.

In this Hadīth, there is also evidence that if a person's tongue slips and they say a certain statement mistakenly, even if it is in essence (a statement of)*kufr*(disbelief), then they are not held accountable for it. In the case of this man (in the hadith), his statement was one of disbelief. This is because, a person saying to his Lord, 'You are my slave and I am you Lord'; this is undoubtedly a statement of disbelief. But when it was uttered mistakenly – under circumstances of extreme joy – then he was not held accountable for it.*

So if a person makes a mistake regarding a word or statement of disbelief, then he is not accounted for it. Similar is the case for other words or statement, such as if he unintentionally cursed someone or mistakenly freed his slave. All of this does not make him accountable for anything, because he did not intend it. It becomes similar, in such a case, to the unintentional oath (al-laghw fil yameen). Allah*ta'āla*said:

لَّا يُؤَاخِذُكُمُ اللَّهُ بِاللَّغْوِ فِي أَيْمَانِكُمْ وَلَٰكِن يُؤَاخِذُكُم بِمَا كَسَبَتْ لَّا يُؤَاخِذُكُمُ اللَّهُ بِاللَّغْوِ فِي أَيْمَانِكُمْ وَلَٰكِن يُؤَاخِذُكُم بِمَا كَسَبَتْ قُلُوبُكُ

“Allah does not impose blame upon you for what is unintentional in your oaths, but He imposes blame upon you for what your hearts have earned.”*(Sūrat'l-Baqarah*2:225).

This is different from the case of the mocker, who becomes a disbeliever if he says a statement of disbelief, even if he was mocking. This is due to what Allah says,

وَلَئِن سَأَلْتَهُمْ لَيَقُولُنَّ إِنَّمَا كُنَّا نَخُوضُ وَنَلْعَبُ ۚ قُلْ أَبِاللَّهِ وَآيَاتِهِ وَرَسُولِهِ كُنتُمْ تَسْتَهْزِئُونَلَا تَعْتَذِرُوا قَدْ كَفَرْتُم بَعْدَ إِيمَانِكُمْ

“And if you ask them, they will surely say, “We were only conversing and playing.”
Say, “Is it Allah and His verses and His Messenger that you were mocking?”
Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after your belief.
”*(*Sūrat'l-Tawbah*9:65, 66).

This is because the scoffer meant what he said, and meant it's meaning, but said it in the form of mockery and ridicule. For this reason, he became a disbeliever. This is contrary to the case of one who did not intend it, thus making his statement not considered as anything.This is from the Mercy of Allah –'azza wa jal*¬– and*Allah is the source of success.

http://muslimmatters.org/2011/10/06/...-4-repentance/

Anyways, it's necessary to say astaghfirullah (i seek Allah's forgiveness) whether it was intentional or not - and to repent sincerely if we have been foolish mockers -since we're reading this thread it means the angel of death hasn't visited us yet, there may still be time.

Aunty Begam, the OP only said "My Master is glorified and free from every imperfection, The Most Strong and Powerful" in place of "My Master is glorified and free from every imperfection, The Most High".
God knows what grevous and hefty punishment you believe the OP's Master is preparing for him.

OmAbdullah
08-04-2016, 11:47 PM
Astaghfirullah. Perhaps I'm better off not being here. You're right. I'm nothing in comparison to my brothers and sisters. I'm terrified of the akhira.

I'm surprised by this though

May Allah subhanahu wa Ta'ala forgive me and grant all of my brothers and sisters Jannat al-firdaus. amin ya Rabb

If anyone reads my du'aa w​hich says, "May Allah make my prayer like the great Muslims of the past", then he/she will not be surprised. Actually "pray" means to make du'aa and also to make salaah. You must read my post carefully and shouldn't quote incomplete statement to give misunderstanding to the readers. You say that you fear the Aakhirah. But you are giving misunderstanding to people about me by quoting incomplete statement from my post. Allah is watching you and the angels are making a record of your writings along with your niyyah !!! You are going to face your Record on the Day of Judgement.

You are right. The direct teaching is done by Talibilm and I quoted him. He didn't answer. I quoted you in my 2nd post (post 12) because it was you who on one side okayed the two writers in their mistakes and on the other side scolded me on the right statement. Tell me what wrong did I write in my post # 10. You judged me and also you judged the Op. Here I am giving a hadeeth which I read somewhere in tafseer of the Holy Quraan:

According to the hadeeth shareef; A man was making salaah and was playing with his beard. I don't remember exactly whether the word playing was used or not ( Allah knows best) but the hadeeth showed that during prayer his hand was on his beard. The Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam said to the companions, "if he had taqwa then he would not do that". (Allah knows best the exact words of the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam.)

From this hadeeth and others it is clear that during prayer (Salaah) a Muslim is not supposed to make extra movements, must keep his hands where they are supposed to be.

Second point is that the men with such action was considered by the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam as to have lack of taqwa. If a Muslim doesn't have taqwa, then his faith is weak. According to the teaching of the Quraan and Sunnah, faith increases and decreases in degrees. So I didn't judge the OP. You must know that according to another Hadeeth,

A person remains good practicing Muslim but near death he remains one arm away from Paradise and enters Hell while another person remains a sinner the whole life but near death remains one arm away from Hell and enters Paradise. ( Allah knows best the words of HIS Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wasallam).

According to this hadeeth, no one can be sure about his / her own end and thus I pray for my self to get Husni-Khaatimah (good end). Then how can I judge someone. But you also have no right to judge me and give me so many wrong accusations. On the other hand you are not guiding two brothers about their mistakes. Rather you are okaying whatever mistakes they are making. Thus you are trying to keep them in darkness.

My statements are in front of Allah and are recorded by the angels. On the Day of Judgement Allah will clear our differences. But I am writing every thing in the light of the Holy Quraan and the Sunnah. It would be better for you to look into these two sources of Islam and make the differences clear here, otherwise in the Aakhirah there will be no possibility to make up the loss.

OmAbdullah
08-05-2016, 12:12 AM
Sister nbegam, what about Salatul Sajda? When you don't remember about the salaat?

Assalaamo alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I am sorry, I couldn't understand the meaning of your question. The term salatul sajda ?? May be you mean sajdah saho/sahw.

Aaqib
08-05-2016, 12:47 AM
I will not keep you in darkness. According to a hadeeth shareef, "believers are the mirror of each other". I understand the meaning of this hadeeth that the believers should ask each other and should tell each other exactly what he/ she understands about the other.

So I am telling you sincerely that you have to do a lot to understand Islam. You must sit with learned Muslims and try to learn the Quraan and Sunnah from them. I am sad to see that you could not understand the meaning of my statement. I have written, " If due to waswasa I don't remember my COMMUNICATION with Allah then I repeat my prayer."

Sad to see that you could not understand the meaning of COMMUNICATION with Allah!!

It will be better that you ask a muttaqee scholar or imam the meaning of Communication with Allah during our prayers.
I wanted to clarify it.

Aaqib
08-05-2016, 02:07 PM
I will not keep you in darkness. According to a hadeeth shareef, "believers are the mirror of each other". I understand the meaning of this hadeeth that the believers should ask each other and should tell each other exactly what he/ she understands about the other.

So I am telling you sincerely that you have to do a lot to understand Islam. You must sit with learned Muslims and try to learn the Quraan and Sunnah from them. I am sad to see that you could not understand the meaning of my statement. I have written, " If due to waswasa I don't remember my COMMUNICATION with Allah then I repeat my prayer."

Sad to see that you could not understand the meaning of COMMUNICATION with Allah!!

It will be better that you ask a muttaqee scholar or imam the meaning of Communication with Allah during our prayers.
:salam:

Your answer didn't help me, you didn't explain to me about the state of the prostration of forgetfulness.

aaj
08-05-2016, 03:00 PM
List of things that invalidate the prayer

islamqa.info/en/87749

Uncertain of the number of rak’ahs

islamqa.info/en/33624

OmAbdullah
08-09-2016, 10:27 PM
:salam:

Your answer didn't help me, you didn't explain to me about the state of the prostration of forgetfulness.

In fact I didn't understand your question but now it is clear, you are asking about sajdah saho.

According to the book of Ibadaat, the scholars say that in the salaat /salaah there are some major acts which they name "rukun". If such a major act is forgotten, then we must repeat the salaat. The examples are; qiyaam (standing and reading surah A-Faatihah), rukoo, sujood and takbeeri tahrimah.

During qiyaam (standing) reading of surah Al-Faatihah is obligation on every Muslim. According to a hadeeth shareef, there is no salaat without surah Al-Faatihah. For e.g. if you reach a Masjid when the Imaam has started prayer. You stand behind him, say Allahu Akbar while taking your hands to your ears (Takbeeri tahrima) and start the prayer. The Imaam soon goes into rukoo before you completed the Al-Faatihah. You follow him into rukoo. When the Imaam finishes and turns salaam, you will stand up and will make another raka' (cycle) because your first raka' was not complete without surah Al-Faatihah.

Some people bring another hadeeth in this regard i.e. the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam said that the qira'a (recitation) of the imam is your qira'a (recitation). So they say that reading Al-Faatihah is not obligation on a Muslim when he is praying with imaam. But this is wrong. This hadeeth is about the recitation of some other surah or a few verses by the imam after Al-Faatihah. As every Muslim may not memorize the whole Quraan therefore he/she are supposed to listen to the imam whatever he recites after Al-Faatihah. But the Al-Faatihah is a single surah which every Muslim can memorize and must memorize, Then they must read it in every qiyaam other- wise his /her salaah will not be valid.

Similarly, rukoo and two sujood in each raka't (cycle) are a must. The first takbeer (Takbeeri-Tahrimah) is also a must to make the salaah valid.

In addition to the many rukuns (major obligatory acts) there are many other things which a Muslim may forget. For e.g. in 3 rakaat and 4 rakaat prayers, we must sit after the 2nd raka’t and read attahiyyaat until tashahhad, then stand up to complete the prayer. Sometimes a Muslim may forget to keep sitting after the sujood of the 2nd rak’t and read attahiyyaat until tashahhad. So he/she stands upright after the sujood and starts the 3rd raka’t. In such cases he/she should continue making the prayer till he/she reaches the sitting of the last raka’t. There after reading attahiyyaat until tashahhad, he/she should make one sajdah and then sit again starting attahiyyaat, read it until the end and turn salaam to the right and left side. This one sjdah is called sajdah saho. Allah the Most Merciful has made the things easy for us because we can never be perfect.

Once, long before, I read in the Mu’aariful Hadeeth that one day the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam lead the Muslims in a 4 rakaat prayer, but He performed two rakaat instead of four. At the end of salaah, the companions rAa asked if the salaah was made shorter. The Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam asked the reason for their questioning. They told Him that He made 2 rakat instead of 4. The Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam made two sajdah and then started two rakaat prayer, He lead the companions in the prayer to complete four rakaat fard prayer.

Again it may happen that we make 5 rakaat instead of the 4 rakaat sunnat or fard prayer, or make three rakaat in place of 4 rakaat. Then we realize our mistake. The treatment is to make 2 (two) sujood and then make intention of one rakaat more of the sunnat or fard prayer as the case may be, and thus complete the salaah. If we realize that we made 5 rakaat in place of 4 rakaat, then we should only make two sujood. The 2 sujood can be made in the end of the prayer just before turning salam if we remembered our mistake while still in the prayer. If had finished the prayer, then still we can make the two sajdah as I read about Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam in the Mu’aariful Hadeeth, when He made two more rakaat to comlete 4 fard (I have mentioned it above in this post).

This is my understanding and knowledge about the two types of the sajdah saho. If anyone knows more or if anyone finds my mistake then please write more and correct my mistake, please don’t leave each other’s mistake in the matter of Deen (religion) to the Day of Accounting. Please correct me if I am wrong, I will be thankful.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.