/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question from a new brother

djidan
07-28-2016, 02:09 AM
As-salamu alaykum

I just recently started praying and have a question about the Fajr prayer. I live and study in europe, where Fajr happens in the middle of the night. 2h30 am according to the app I am using. I really don't mind having to wake up to perform my duty. However, the concern I am left with is that once awake I hardly fall back to sleep. Right now this is not a major issue as I am on summer break. But once school starts I don't know how things will look like. My academic scores might suffer from the sleep deprivation. What can I do in order to still fulfill my duty and still have the necessary force to achieve th academic goals I set for myself?

Any help is gladly accepted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aaqib
07-28-2016, 02:15 AM
What time do you go to bed bro?

djidan
07-28-2016, 08:26 AM
Usually around midnight, give or take 1h.

Umm Abed
07-28-2016, 10:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by djidan
Usually around midnight, give or take 1h.
Wa alaikum salam

Try better time management, so you get enough sleep. Usually anything you get into a habit you will find easy later on, so by getting up daily for Fajr and going back to sleep, the routine will set in and it wont be so difficult to go back to sleep after.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
07-28-2016, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I really don't know how to advise you on that matter. May Allah make it easier for you is the only dua I can offer . .

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

aaj
07-28-2016, 12:39 PM
As'salaamu alaikum,

Check and see what time is the sunrise for you. Each prayer is not exactly on the dot as to when you have to do it. The best salaah is the one that is on time. With that said, each salah has a time frame between which it must be performed. For example, the fajr time is 2:30 in Berlin, Germany and the sunrise is at at 5:22am. You can get up at 4:45 and do your prayer, which will be well before the sunrise. And if you're lacking sleep during school hours, then come home and take a nap. Also, going to bed early will help as well. You'll have to balance it out in how it works best for you inshallah.

Aaqib
07-28-2016, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
As'salaamu alaikum,

Check and see what time is the sunrise for you. Each prayer is not exactly on the dot as to when you have to do it. The best salaah is the one that is on time. With that said, each salah has a time frame between which it must be performed. For example, the fajr time is 2:30 in Berlin, Germany and the sunrise is at at 5:22am. You can get up at 4:45 and do your prayer, which will be well before the sunrise. And if you're lacking sleep during school hours, then come home and take a nap. Also, going to bed early will help as well. You'll have to balance it out in how it works best for you inshallah.
:salam:
Brother, isn't it always best to pray fajr salat on time? Then late? The brother said he went to bed at midnight/1am, he's missing out on a lot of sleep!

Anyways, brother, just manage your sleeping time. All the other brothers and sisters wake up to Fajr, and go to sleep pretty easily (well, at least I do).

aaj
07-28-2016, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
Brother, isn't it always best to pray fajr salat on time? Then late? The brother said he went to bed at midnight/1am, he's missing out on a lot of sleep!
Wa'alaikum as'salaam wr wb,

It is best to pray on time. However, i haven't come across any info (yet) that clarifies what on time means. It could mean praying at the start of the salah time or it could mean praying within the time frame of that salah, or maybe both.

But yes, midnight/1am is quite late to be sleeping. 10-11 should be the target for HS students.

Serinity
07-28-2016, 07:11 PM

Try to turn off any electronics 1.5 or 2 hours before sleep. In shaa' Allah you will be able to sleep after Fajr that way.

noraina
07-28-2016, 08:08 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

It requires a little management. I'm a bit of an insomniac and on good days I find it difficult to sleep anyways. I'm a student myself and when I began reading Fajr sleeping was a major issue - you just need to make a few adjustments and also if you make it a habit your body will adjust to the routine soon enough inshaAllah.

Try to have a 20 minute nap at noon, it is not only a sunnah sometimes that is all you need for that bit of energy.

Also sleep earlier, 10 pm on the dot. And avoid staying on your computer or watching tv at least a couple of hours before bed, the same applies to tea or coffee or energy drinks.

That's all I can think of, inshaAllah if you start now by the end of the holidays you'll be in the routine of it. Once you're in the habit you'll be able to have a full nights sleep (even with tahajjud, fajr doesn't take more than 30 minutes).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.