/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Missing Salah

TheLostSoul
07-31-2016, 04:10 AM
I have missed my salah out of laziness and when researching I found out that it is kufr and I felt that I don't care attitude, kufr is a serious sin but my reaction is that of a munafiq surely. I promised not to do it again but I thought why don't I fear Allah and his punishment clearly I should be panicking for such a sin not acting like who does not care.

What kind of Muslim am I if I have such an attitude?!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Little_Lion
07-31-2016, 04:20 AM
I watched an episode of "Stories of the Prophets" by Yusuf Estes within the past couple of days (I'm sorry that I do not remember which episode it was or I would link it) in which he addressed this very situation: in fact, the example he gave was of a person taking a nap and missing his salah.

It all comes down to intent. Did you intend on missing salah? Did you skip it on purpose or did you become honestly distracted by some other thing and then look at the time and realized you missed it? That is something you would have to answer (not to me, but to Allah). If you missed it by accident, there is no sin upon you and you should make it up as soon as possible. If you skipped it, then you must repent. Offering extra prayers and doing good deeds can also help. I would also recommend, if you do not already have one, downloading a good athan application to your phone if you can, so you can have a handy reminder.

xa_xa786
07-31-2016, 08:43 AM
I feel the same, i will be so good for a few days and then not care for a few but alhumdullilah my heart always calls me back to prayer. I feel sad that i always fail tho. Can i ask u something ??? Why are there so many people that dont pray but dont feel bad? Why are we the ones with the guilt??!

iServant
07-31-2016, 09:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by xa_xa786
I feel the same, i will be so good for a few days and then not care for a few but alhumdullilah my heart always calls me back to prayer. I feel sad that i always fail tho. Can i ask u something ??? Why are there so many people that dont pray but dont feel bad? Why are we the ones with the guilt??!
Alhamdulilah that you have guilt. You should be more concerned if you didn't feel guilty like those that don't care. The fact that you feel guilty is a blessing because you will return to Allah. Don't be fooled into thinking others are happy, their souls will be tortured inside.

Ask yourself why so many rich and famous people who seem to have everything you could dream of in this world commit suicide. They are empty inside as they don't have Iman in their hearts.

May Allah (SWT) always fill out hearts with regret and repentance in order to bring us closer to him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
07-31-2016, 12:25 PM
we should take guilt and regret as a guide to what is right. When you do wrong, you feel guilty. Good, but do not justify your state.

I like to call this guilt-feeling a spiritual alarm or something. Cuz it helps you turn to Allah. Regret and guilt helps you turn to Allah in repentance. It is a blessing. There is false guilt too.

It shows you that you know it is wrong.

Allahu alam.

noraina
07-31-2016, 04:50 PM
There is this quote I once read, I think it is by Ibn Qayyum, 'If after a sin you feel darkness in your heart, it means there is still light. Because only light feels darkness'.

It means you still have iman, and now you need to do amal (action) on this iman by sincere repentance and never missing your salah again. There is that hadith, we are all sinners, and the best of us are those who repent with true sincerity.

That attitude could be called heedlessness, which can lead to laziness or negligence. If we be negligent or heedless with our salah, what not to say we'll have that same attitude with every other aspect of our life? I think you should read about the importance of salah, and most importantly why *you* need it, as Allah swt does not need our worship in the slighest, we are in dire need of worshipping Him.

We all need to make salah a part of our life, sometimes at first it can be bit like 'fitting' it in there or 'squeezing' it here, but soon enough you'd find you just can't live without salah and something will just compel you to get up and pray. :) That takes time though and making sure you stick to your prayer, you'll feel much better for it as well.

xa_xa786
07-31-2016, 09:57 PM
Yh im trying to get to that stage where i can pray all 5 without being so caught up in other things... Its so hard when your working, cooking, cleaning and all :(

Making time is the hardest part. I hope allah makes it easy for us.

Anways can i ask what surahs do you all read in namaz. I only know one at the moment.

Umm Abed
08-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Salam

Salah is not difficult. It is how we make it out to be. We have brainwashed ourselves with mentally ingraining that we are too busy with other things to fulfill this important duty. Its all about mindset. Make an effort. Change lifestyles and ways to accomodate salah. There nothing better than that.

Umm Abed
08-01-2016, 09:35 AM
Try to memorize from surah al-Feel, downwards, and read that in salah. Otherwise read any short surahs in salah. reciting it downwards as the surahs are in the Qur'an. For eg, if you'r reading 2 rakats, read al-Feel in first rakat and al-Quraish in second rakat - or skip at least two surahs to go to the next one.

Ummshareef
08-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Assalamu aleikum,

We should always remember that it is the first thing that we will be asked about on the Day of Judgement and will play a large part in determining our fate in the Hereafter. It is therefore essential that salah is placed at the very centre of our lives and nothing should be allowed to get in its way.

I am always reminding my kids about the importance of regular salah and how the Helllfire awaits those that neglect it.

If you can manage to be regular in future, make up the missed prayers and seek Allah's forgiveness, then you will feel much better about yourself. But remember that Allah is only inclined to forgive those that sincerely repent of their sins and resolve not to repeat them.

Neha Qadri
08-03-2016, 06:40 PM
Qazaa is the best way if you miss Salah/Namaaz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.