/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalamu Alaikum : I'm Arabic language teacher for non-native speakers :)

Arabeya
07-31-2016, 12:56 PM
I teach Arabic language at Arabeya Arabic Language Center in Egypt. I hope I can add something valuable to this great forum.

I'll upload all Arabic language lessons I have on the forum to help everyone who want to improve his/her Arabic language,

I'm ready for receiving any question about Arabic language :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
07-31-2016, 01:29 PM
Wa alaykumussalam

Welcome to forum. Thanks, I am sure here are a lot of members whose will benefit from your efforts.

Umm Malik
07-31-2016, 01:49 PM
أهلا وسهلا بك أخت عربية اكيد أن الكثيرين كما قالت الاخت محتاجون لعلمك وخبرتك
واجرك عند الله عظيم
أسأل الله أن يرزقك الإخلاص وان يوفقك لكل خير
جزاك الله خيرا، ومرحبا بك بين أهلك وإخوانك
اختك مريم من الجزائر :)

Umm Abed
08-01-2016, 10:38 AM
:wa:

Thats nice, and welcome:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
08-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I, am amongst the members that know Arabic parrot fashion. I understand little of it. Except through transliteration.

I suppose, as with any language, vocabs are important.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Muslim Woman
08-01-2016, 03:50 PM

Jazakillah khair . I am sure many members would love to learn arabic . Please start a thread in Arabic section.

زهراء
08-23-2016, 07:44 PM
How do I say: "What were you doing?"

ماذا تفعلن؟-->? What are you doing
ماذا فعلتن؟?-->? What did you do

I am thinking that كان should be used but I don't know how to use it correctly in this case[emoji85]

Please explain[emoji4]

زهراء
08-23-2016, 07:46 PM
Oops I think I've posted in the wrong section

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-23-2016, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by زهراء
How do I say: "What were you doing?"

ماذا تفعلن؟-->? What are you doing
ماذا فعلتن؟?-->? What did you do

I am thinking that كان should be used but I don't know how to use it correctly in this case[emoji85]

Please explain[emoji4]
If speaking to a man:

ماذا كنت تفعل؟ - Maadhaa Kunta Taf`al? (What were you doing?)

If addressing a female:

ماذا كنت تفعلين؟ - Maadhaa Kunti Taf`aleen? (What were you doing?)

والله أعلم

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-23-2016, 07:53 PM
Sister maryam muslimah is from al-Jazaa'ir (Algeria), I see.

There are members from all around the world on this forum.

زهراء
08-23-2016, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
If speaking to a man:

ماذا كنت تفعل؟ - Maadhaa Kunta Taf`al? (What were you doing?)

If addressing a female:

ماذا كنت تفعلين؟ - Maadhaa Kunti Taf`aleen? (What were you doing?)

والله أعلم
So would it be correct to say:
" ماذا كنتن تفعلن؟ "
?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-23-2016, 07:57 PM
So would it be correct to say:
" ماذا كنتن تفعلن؟ "
?
100%

Muslim Woman
08-28-2016, 03:22 PM
:sl:

Pl. start a new thread on Q & A / translation . This thread is only for introduction.

Serinity
08-29-2016, 02:43 PM
:salam:

Welcome to IB!

I don't know any arabic. But I am in love with it.

may Allah :swt: keep us steadfast and guide us all. Ameen.
And Allah :swt: knows best.

mission2succeed
09-04-2016, 03:54 PM

I strongly recommend you learn the Arabic language brother :inshallah

Aicha07
09-07-2016, 03:23 AM
Yes I'm a newby and it is hard.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Arabic is said to be the hardest language in the world to learn (particularly for English speakers), but I can tell you, it is most definitely worth it. The struggle is great but the reward is greater.

زهراء
09-10-2016, 06:57 AM
Arabic is said to be the hardest language in the world to learn (particularly for English speakers), but I can tell you, it is most definitely worth it. The struggle is great but the reward is greater.
My Ustaadh always quotes this ayah:
" ولقد يسرنا القرآن للذكر فهل من مدكر"
and tells us to not complain of difficulty.
If you tell yourself: "I can do it with the help of Allah and I will do my best", then you will definitely be able to do it. But nothing comes without due effort.

If you try and try and you're not getting it right, then too with your efforts is a great reward.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-10-2016, 10:20 AM
If you tell yourself: "I can do it with the help of Allah and I will do my best", then you will definitely be able to do it. But nothing comes without due effort.

If you try and try and you're not getting it right, then too with your efforts is a great reward.
That's very true. Alhamdulillaah, I always found Arabic very easy to learn. I was 12 years old when I started studying Arabic, so I've been learning it for a very long time.

noraina
09-10-2016, 10:28 AM
As an English-speaker, Arabic was just so utterly different in every sense from the rules and grammar and pronunciation of English.

It's a noble effort though, alhamdulillah, and as sister زهراء said, each and every minute spent struggling to learn Arabic will be rewarded inshaAllah.

I remember being very young, maybe 5 or 6, and hearing the Arabic language being spoken, I can't remember what it was, but I utterly fell in love with how beautiful it sounded and even now it still takes my breath away if I hear it being recited either in the form of the Qur'an or an Arabic nasheed. And once you learn the meaning, it just becomes a thousand times more beautiful. And it doesn't surprise me that to gain this treasure, you can't just sit down and expect it to fall into your lap, you need to work *really* hard for it.

Altho I'm saying this, and I clearly remember a couple of years ago nearly being in tears over how impossible it seemed :D.

mission2succeed
09-10-2016, 04:41 PM
I think it depends on the individual when it comes to learning any language. If it is a language you do not use or you don't see the benefit of learning it then your efforts for acquiring it will be less. It also revolves around your past experiences towards learning a language which could affect how you approach learning any new language.

mission2succeed
09-10-2016, 04:47 PM

Anything is possible because I strongly believe with every difficulty comes ease insha'allah.

For indeed, with hardship [will be] ease.
Indeed, with hardship [will be] ease.

(surah Ash-Sharh) Ayah 94.5-94.6

mashaallah04
09-11-2016, 02:02 AM
Can you teach me Arabic? Its ok if you can't I just wanted to ask it will help me more on my quran

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-11-2016, 08:42 PM
The OP hasn't been online since the 31st of July.

LAHM58
09-13-2016, 11:35 AM
My name is Aminat and I have been learning Arabic since January 2016. It is amazing that I have learn and Allah has bless me tremendously because I am bipolar.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.