/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Riddle & Answer (re: Muhammad's singular prohibition)

broadfork
08-01-2016, 01:20 AM
In the Koran, what was Muhammad's most frequently repeated, and most severe prohibition?
PS-I am a westerner, so you might answer this riddle quicker than I think (but I will make his point more clear, after I see the right answer).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
broadfork
08-01-2016, 01:34 AM
Oops! +PBOH

broadfork
08-01-2016, 01:35 AM
Edit: PBUH. Is there no post-editing in this forum?

Abz2000
08-01-2016, 02:55 AM
Answer: the Quran contains God's commands, recommendations, glad tidings, warnings and prohibitions - Muhammad was not God.

I straightaway knew it was one of those trick schnide queations that get everybody guessing until it becomes clear that the question itself is wrongly constructed.

Like that tricky "The plane crashes on the border, where will the survivors be buried" question that my brother had me guessing when i was a kid.

Nice try though buddy, :shade: gives him a cheerful slap on the back and leaves the forum coz it's almost 9am and hasn't slept all night.
brb inshaAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
broadfork
08-01-2016, 03:08 AM
Brother (Abz2000), If you do not know the answer, you are among the many. Do not fret about that.
Still, I ask any Muslims on this forum, "what was Muhammad's most frequently repeated, and most severe prohibition?"

broadfork
08-01-2016, 03:09 AM
*as recorded in the Koran

broadfork
08-01-2016, 03:16 AM
Oof! PBUH.

greenhill
08-02-2016, 10:59 AM
To be honest, I don't know.

It would make an interesting answer, though.

Most repeated, second most repeated or even if mentioned once, prohibition is still that.

Never considered ranking stuff.. looking forwards to the answer. ;)

:peace:

Umm Malik
08-03-2016, 09:28 AM
If I understand your question the most prohibited thing in Islam which the prophet muhammad tells us about is to associate partners beside Allah
And then after that the major sins
You can know them from this ayah

{۞ قُلْ تَعَالَوْا أَتْلُ مَا حَرَّمَ رَبُّكُمْ عَلَيْكُمْ ۖ أَلَّا تُشْرِكُوا بِهِ شَيْئًا ۖ وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا ۖ وَلَا تَقْتُلُوا أَوْلَادَكُم مِّنْ إِمْلَاقٍ ۖ نَّحْنُ نَرْزُقُكُمْ وَإِيَّاهُمْ ۖ وَلَا تَقْرَبُوا الْفَوَاحِشَ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَمَا بَطَنَ ۖ وَلَا تَقْتُلُوا النَّفْسَ الَّتِي حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ إِلَّا بِالْحَقِّ ۚ ذَٰلِكُمْ وَصَّاكُم بِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَعْقِلُونَ (151) وَلَا تَقْرَبُوا مَالَ الْيَتِيمِ إِلَّا بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ حَتَّىٰ يَبْلُغَ أَشُدَّهُ ۖ وَأَوْفُوا الْكَيْلَ وَالْمِيزَانَ بِالْقِسْطِ ۖ لَا نُكَلِّفُ نَفْسًا إِلَّا وُسْعَهَا ۖ وَإِذَا قُلْتُمْ فَاعْدِلُوا وَلَوْ كَانَ ذَا قُرْبَىٰ ۖ وَبِعَهْدِ اللَّهِ أَوْفُوا ۚ ذَٰلِكُمْ وَصَّاكُم بِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَذَكَّرُونَ (152) وَأَنَّ هَٰذَا صِرَاطِي مُسْتَقِيمًا فَاتَّبِعُوهُ ۖ وَلَا تَتَّبِعُوا السُّبُلَ فَتَفَرَّقَ بِكُمْ عَن سَبِيلِهِ ۚ ذَٰلِكُمْ وَصَّاكُم بِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ (153) ثُمَّ آتَيْنَا مُوسَى الْكِتَابَ تَمَامًا عَلَى الَّذِي أَحْسَنَ وَتَفْصِيلًا لِّكُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَهُدًى وَرَحْمَةً لَّعَلَّهُم بِلِقَاءِ رَبِّهِمْ يُؤْمِنُونَ (154) وَهَٰذَا كِتَابٌ أَنزَلْنَاهُ مُبَارَكٌ فَاتَّبِعُوهُ وَاتَّقُوا لَعَلَّكُمْ تُرْحَمُونَ (155)** [الأنعام : 151-155]
( 151 ) Say, "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited to you. [He commands] that you not associate anything with Him, and to parents, good treatment, and do not kill your children out of poverty; We will provide for you and them. And do not approach immoralities - what is apparent of them and what is concealed. And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed] except by [legal] right. This has He instructed you that you may use reason."

( 152 ) And do not approach the orphan's property except in a way that is best until he reaches maturity. And give full measure and weight in justice. We do not charge any soul except [with that within] its capacity. And when you testify, be just, even if [it concerns] a near relative. And the covenant of Allah fulfill. This has He instructed you that you may remember.
( 153 ) And, [moreover], this is My path, which is straight, so follow it; and do not follow [other] ways, for you will be separated from His way. This has He instructed you that you may become righteous.
( 154 ) Then We gave Moses the Scripture, making complete [Our favor] upon the one who did good and as a detailed explanation of all things and as guidance and mercy that perhaps in [the matter of] the meeting with their Lord they would believe.
( 155 ) And this [Qur'an] is a Book We have revealed [which is] blessed, so follow it and fear Allah that you may receive mercy.
6:151/155

Those are the major sins in Islam if I understood the question .. my English is not that good

broadfork
08-03-2016, 12:47 PM
"Islam is not understood through non-Islamic logic or arguments. Islam has it's own narrative that gives context to itself." najimuddin
You are correct: Fortunately, all of monotheism is scheduled for deletion, because the prohibition must be applied at Genesis 1:26.

broadfork
08-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Surah 2:120. Never will the Jews or the Christians [or Muslims] be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion. Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
Bracketed words added.

Abz2000
08-03-2016, 01:50 PM
^that's a neat observation sir, rather than everyone saying "we're right" and "me me me", better to be truthful with ourselves and with others and sincerely seek the truth and follow it rather than pathetically cover up blatant facts and threaten honest and sincere scientists and advisors with persecution and death.
i used to follow Islam as a kid because it was my parents' religion, then i gave up on it all because the focus was more on rituals and chanting stuff we never understood, after messing up bad, i was blessed to receive guidance in a strange and very peculiar way, and this time, after much searching and studying - the best and most truthful i've found is Islam, and i've also been shown God's immense justice, wisdom and power, i humbly accept, if anyone can show me a better and more truthful and stable model, i hope to be the first to follow it.

A splendid verse

broadfork
08-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Most excellent reply, imho. Thank you.
In my other writing I was just observing that in the matter of 'sanctuary,' Islam is the better of the three monotheistic traditions. And since 'man is endogenous' (my favorite summation of man in all literature; by Ralph Waldo Emerson) one does well to be amongst his fellows (to learn to be present to/with our fellow man).
Aside-My 58 year long irritation is born out of Christianity's failure to protect me from, um, Kafir men, in the first eight days of my life. Christianity was mute, and stunningly ignorant of its own figurehead's teachings. But take heart, I will set them straight.

Serinity
08-03-2016, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by broadfork
Surah 2:120. Never will the Jews or the Christians [or Muslims] be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion. Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance."
Bracketed words added.
you just added words that are not in the Qur'an. "Or Muslims" is not in that verse. The Guidance of Allah is Islamic Monotheism. And Muslims follow Islamic monotheism.

broadfork
08-03-2016, 03:13 PM
Yes, I never intend to trick my reader; which is why I stated "Bracketed words added."
Yes, I understand your answer. I wondered about the moderator's concern, that he/she deletes posts (aside: without showing other users the true note "post deleted"). I thought that they must have great concern (the one who informed me of said deletion is a psychologist by day) that young people reading herein are kept safe within the tradition, rather than each one go on some arduous journey of seeking for what will only be, in the end, a little bit more truth. I observe in your post the word "follow" and it is the endogenous place of youth.
But, when one becomes old they must endevour to advance wisdom to the wisdom-tradition, for the little bit can be of great added value, imho.
PBUY

broadfork
08-03-2016, 03:17 PM
*post deleted by moderator
Edit-It seems that editing is allowed after one becomes a full-member:-)
Thank you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.