/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did you know that in the Ottoman Empire...

GINGERBEARDMAN
08-02-2016, 01:24 PM
https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...016/08/02/604/

attachmentphp?attachmentid5617&ampstc1 -

Made this one up as getting increasingly vexed with these 'Did you know that in the Ottoman Empire...' memes which are flying around social media.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
08-02-2016, 03:27 PM
Ha ha..

I shared your thought.... but what is useless info and space wasters for me maybe useful to others.

And how many enlightening light reads I have had that uplifted the spirits, from these random posts. How empty the space without them.. very quiet indeed.

Some don't know how to express themselves and use words of others ... perhaps...

:peace:

anatolian
08-02-2016, 05:17 PM
I didnt know there was such a fashion in Britain but absolutly there is in Turkey and I both agree you and object you. Idolisation of history is meaningless as you say, neither Ottomans nor another Muslim Empire or any group of people.. It doesnt serve our essential purpose which is sumitting ourselves to Allah's will. Instead, it causes to not to see the errors of the same people and accept everything what they did right..

However, it is somehow usefull at least here in Turkey..We have culturely evolved to another nation since then and we forgot many good behaviours which were common then. So this kind of reminders help us to develope those again.

Scimitar
08-02-2016, 05:45 PM
Did you know that in the Blue Mosque - you can't do more than two rakah fardh in Jummah salaah? after which you get thrown out becuase of "tourists" who come inside with their "shoes on".

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
08-02-2016, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Did you know that in the Blue Mosque - you can't do more than two rakah fardh in Jummah salaah? after which you get thrown out becuase of "tourists" who come inside with their "shoes on".

Scimi
Satire loading......

What! Two rakahs! And jumu'ah khutbah too!
Allah knows how much revenue they must believe they have to sacrifice due to impatient and fidgety tourists returning home angrily complaining to other would be tourists about these loony islamists who want to pray in the mosque, but then again, if they banned the prayer altogether, they couldn't call it a mosque, then they might lose more tourists since it'd be a boring desolate limed sepulchre.
And trying to shorten the prayer units might appease the tourists but those uncompromising islamists would go ballistic, and they know that wouldn't bode well for tourism at all, quite a difficult puzzle.....

anatolian
08-02-2016, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar

Scimi
This is wired to me. There is always a central place in the Blue Mosque which is only dedicated to prayer. Tourists are not allowed there. I believe you can go on your salah there.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.