/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Different opinions on non alcoholic beer/wine ?

truthseeker63
08-02-2016, 05:33 PM
As Salaam Alaikum I know there are different opinions on if it is halal or haram or better not to drink it I have had Muslims tell me it is imitating the kafir or non muslims to drink non alcoholic beer/wine others say it is halal to drink non alcoholic beer/wine yes I know many non alcoholic beers still have alcohol in them like less than 0.5% I heard it is so low it can not get someone drunk or buzzed or sick I read in Saudi Arabia and Iran they have non alcoholic beer and Iran makes a non alcoholic beer with alcohol in it it is 0% for the record I am a revert to Islam and yes I have had non alcoholic beer before to me it was just like drinking soda like root beer coffee or tea I never left drunk or buzz even if I had seven in one day or few hours anyways I have a Muslim Friend in Pakistan who drinks non alcoholic beer he told me it is halal I know in the Afterlife in Islam there is Wine but it does not get one intoxicated for some people drinking non alcoholic beer might lead them to wanting real alcohol I myself thinks alcohol tastes too bitter it makes people sick dizzy and throw up and the next morning they are in pain a hang over they can not really get out of bed it can kill a person your Liver can be harmed just like Smoking Cigarettes is unhealthy my understanding is non alcoholic beer came out of small beers from the middle ages in Europe they cooked the alcohol out of it low so children could drink it water was dirty back than here in America they passed the Eighteenth Amendment known as Prohibition from 1920 to the Year 1933 they had a episode of the show the Simpsons years ago I saw where they passed Prohibition in the town so the beer company came out with alcohol free zero beer he said people drink our beer for it;s taste not it's alcohol so none of the alcoholics wanted to drink it so people made their own alcohol at home or the Mafia made money from it my point is alcoholics don't drink for taste it seems anyways Im not promoting drinking non alcoholic beer or not drinking it Im just giving opinions and wanting opinions I have asked Scholars I have even heard some Muslims that drink alcohol I don't mean the beer labeled as non alcoholic some Muslims drink alcohol I heard by saying its ok to drink as long as they don't get drunk when praying or something like that they change it with a new interpretation theres a Hadith that says there will be Muslims that will try to make haram things halal anyways I found these links below thank you for your time ?

33763: Ruling on drinking beer

What is the ruling on drinking beer, noting that there are two kinds of beer – one with an alcoholic content and one with no alcoholic content? Is that regarded as an intoxicant?.
Published Date: 2003-08-28

Praise be to Allaah. It is essential to differentiate between the two kinds of beer:
The first is the intoxicating beer that is sold in some countries. This beer is khamr (an intoxicant) and it is haraam to sell it, buy it and drink it. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every intoxicant is khamr and every intoxicant is haraam.” Narrated by Muslim, 2003.
It is haraam to drink a lot or a little of it, even a single drop, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whatever intoxicates in large quantities, a little of it is haraam.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1865; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.
The second type is beer that is not intoxicating, either because it is completely free of alcohol, or because it contains a minuscule amount of alcohol that does not reach the level of causing intoxication no matter how much a person drinks of it. The scholars have ruled that this is permissible.
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:
The beer that is on sale in our marketplaces [in Saudi Arabia] is all halaal, because it has been inspected by the officials and is completely free of alcohol. The basic principle concerning all kinds of food, drink and clothing is that they are permissible until and unless proof is established that they are haraam. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“He it is Who created for you all that is on earth”[al-Baqarah 2:29]
So if anyone says, this drink is haraam, or this food is haraam, or this garment is haraam, say to him, Bring your proof. If he brings proof then we should do whatever is indicated by the proof. If he does not bring proof, then his words are to be rejected, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
Everything in this world Allaah has created for us. This general meaning is confirmed by the wordjamee’an (translated here as “all”). And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“while He has explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you” [al-An’aam 6:119] So if something is haraam, there should be a clear and detailed indication that it is haraam. If there is no such proof then it is not haraam. The beer that is to be found in our markets here in the Land of the Two Holy Sanctuaries (Saudi Arabia) is all halaal and there is no doubt concerning that in sha Allaah.
We do not think that any alcoholic content in a thing makes it haraam, rather if something contains a percentage of alcohol which will make a person intoxicated if he drinks it, then it is haraam. But if the amount is miniscule and does not have any effect, then it is halaal.
Some people think that the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Whatever intoxicates in large quantities, a little of it is haraam”, mean that if a small percentage of an intoxicant is mixed with a large amount of a substance that is not intoxicating, then it is haraam. This is a misunderstanding of the hadeeth. “Whatever intoxicates in large quantities, a little of it is haraam” means that if a lot of something will cause intoxication, and a little of it will not cause intoxication, then a lot or a little are both haraam, because you may drink a little that does not cause intoxication, then you may be tempted to drink more and become intoxicated. But if something is mixed with alcohol but the alcohol is a small amount and does not have any effect, then it is halaal and does not come under the ruling of this hadeeth.
Al-Baab al-Maftooh, 3/381-382.

https://islamqa.info/en/33763

ln Surah An-Nisa, Allah says:
"O ye who believe! Draw not near unto prayer when ye are drunken, till ye know that which ye utter ... "Al-Qur'an 4:43
There are some ignorant and misguided Muslims who try to argue on the basis of this verse that the Qur'an has not specifically prohibited Khamr. They tend to forget that it refers to the time before intoxicants were prohibited. Before the prohibition of intoxicants altogether was promulgated, it was at least unbecoming that people should come to prayers in a state of intoxication or in a dazed state of mind on account of drowsiness or some other cause. Islam regards prayers as a monologue between a Muslim and the Creator of the universe. So he is prohibited to approach this monologue while he is drunk. He must purify himself first before he approaches Salat. He must be pure in mind and body, therefore, he must be sober. He must be clean in clothes too.

http://sunnahonline.com/library/fiqh...cohol-in-islam

Non-alcoholic drinks-Iran-10-02-2011

Press TV
Subscribe

Add to
Share More

66 11

Uploaded on Oct 3, 2011
http://www.presstv.com/Program/202496...

Non-alcoholic Drinks. Mahsa Mortazavi reports on the health benefits of non-alcoholic drinks as she takes a tour around a factory that produces it in Iran.

• Category

• License
    • Standard YouTube License

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-4ivPwMDCE

Low-alcoholic brews such as small beer date back to at least Medieval Europe, where they served as a less risky alternative to water (which often was polluted by feces and parasites) and were less expensive than the full strength brews used at festivities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-alcohol_beer

Non-alcoholic beer is a barley and malt beverage. A few brands of non-alcoholic beer contain no alcohol whatsoever. However, there are brands on the market that can contain up to 0.5% alcohol per volume or 5 parts per thousand. The alcohol percentage of most brands is situated somewhere between 0.35 and 0.48. (This can be compared to a normal beer with an average of 4.5% alcohol per volume.) This beverage is consumed by Muslims throughout the world and is even widely available in countries like Saudi Arabia. Due to the presence of alcohol in the drink, many Muslims are concerned about its permissibility.

http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-409-3342.htm

What is the ruling on drinking beer, noting that there are two kinds of beer – one with an alcoholic content and one with no alcoholic content? Is that regarded as an intoxicant?.

Praise be to Allaah. It is essential to differentiate between the two kinds of beer:
    The first is the intoxicating beer that is sold in some countries. This beer is khamr (an intoxicant) and it is haraam to sell it, buy it and drink it. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every intoxicant is khamr and every intoxicant is haraam.” Narrated by Muslim, 2003.
    It is haraam to drink a lot or a little of it, even a single drop, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whatever intoxicates in large quantities, a little of it is haraam.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1865; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.
    The second type is beer that is not intoxicating, either because it is completely free of alcohol, or because it contains a minuscule amount of alcohol that does not reach the level of causing intoxication no matter how much a person drinks of it. The scholars have ruled that this is permissible.
    The beer that is on sale in our marketplaces [in Saudi Arabia] is all halaal, because it has been inspected by the officials and is completely free of alcohol. The basic principle concerning all kinds of food, drink and clothing is that they are permissible until and unless proof is established that they are haraam. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
    So if anyone says, this drink is haraam, or this food is haraam, or this garment is haraam, say to him, Bring your proof. If he brings proof then we should do whatever is indicated by the proof. If he does not bring proof, then his words are to be rejected, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
    Everything in this world Allaah has created for us. This general meaning is confirmed by the wordjamee’an (translated here as “all”). And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
    “while He has explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you” [al-An’aam 6:119] So if something is haraam, there should be a clear and detailed indication that it is haraam. If there is no such proof then it is not haraam. The beer that is to be found in our markets here in the Land of the Two Holy Sanctuaries (Saudi Arabia) is all halaal and there is no doubt concerning that in sha Allaah.
    We do not think that any alcoholic content in a thing makes it haraam, rather if something contains a percentage of alcohol which will make a person intoxicated if he drinks it, then it is haraam. But if the amount is miniscule and does not have any effect, then it is halaal.
    Some people think that the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Whatever intoxicates in large quantities, a little of it is haraam”, mean that if a small percentage of an intoxicant is mixed with a large amount of a substance that is not intoxicating, then it is haraam. This is a misunderstanding of the hadeeth. “Whatever intoxicates in large quantities, a little of it is haraam” means that if a lot of something will cause intoxication, and a little of it will not cause intoxication, then a lot or a little are both haraam, because you may drink a little that does not cause intoxication, then you may be tempted to drink more and become intoxicated. But if something is mixed with alcohol but the alcohol is a small amount and does not have any effect, then it is halaal and does not come under the ruling of this hadeeth.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
08-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Dude, if you haven't consumed alcohol, then you are halal to go.

Alcohol free beverages such as supermalt are actually good for you.

Scimi

anatolian
08-02-2016, 05:45 PM
Everything in Islam starts with intention. If you drink non-alcoholic beer with bad intention as if you are drinking a real alcoholic beer I think it can be haram..If you are drinking it just because it is a nice beverage then it is I think halal..Just my opinions..

greenhill
08-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Yes.. intention..

I stopped drinking alcohol way back in early 90s. Was a big drinker before then. I don't really miss it. Over a decade ago I went back to the UK for training and was putting up in a far away remote town with only one B&B. As I settled down on the first evening and tried a bottle of alcohol free beer, to my surprise, I felt my ears go hot and the slight effects of alcohol in my blood.. I thought, 'it cannot be! It must be psychological'... but due to waswas I did not try that again.

Some days later, I went to an off licence and asked,and was informed that alcohol free beer had traces of alcohol (and I felt the effects albeit slightly) and non alcoholic has zero alcohol (I have never tried).

I must say the malt is good but tasted nothing like the alcoholic version.. :hmm:

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
G8R
08-03-2016, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Everything in Islam starts with intention. If you drink non-alcoholic beer with bad intention as if you are drinking a real alcoholic beer I think it can be haram..If you are drinking it just because it is a nice beverage then it is I think halal..Just my opinions..
What would the bad intention be in this case, like, I'm going to get drunk on non-alcoholic beer?

Neha Qadri
08-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Wine is Ummul Khabais means Mother of bed thing in the world

Neha Qadri
08-03-2016, 06:25 PM
It is not the matter of Alcoholic or non alcoholic whatever is disturbing your brain so this is haraam

G8R
08-03-2016, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Neha Qadri
It is not the matter of Alcoholic or non alcoholic whatever is disturbing your brain so this is haraam
Thanks for the reply!

My question was in reply to anatolian's statement (see original quote).

I can see drinking alcoholic drinks with bad intentions (aka wanting to get drunk), but couldn't see the bad intention with the non-alcoholic beer (gluttony maybe?).

See what I'm trying to say? Perhaps I'm not phrasing it right.

anatolian
08-03-2016, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by G8R
What would the bad intention be in this case, like, I'm going to get drunk on non-alcoholic beer?
No you probably dont get drunk with non-alcoholic beer. The bad intention in this case is immitation of drinking beer which is originally and widely consumed as alcoholic. Immitation of a bad thing altough it doesnt cause a bad thing is also considered a bad thing in Islam generally.

G8R
08-03-2016, 08:05 PM
Got you! Imitating bad ways. Thanks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.