/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Prayer times

littlelearner
08-04-2016, 06:12 PM
Salaam,
I have recently converted to Islam and have decided that the next step I want to take is to pray inshallah all 5 a day.

My question is: Today I checked a prayer timetable, it said that Fajr was at 03:25. How long do I have to offer this prayer? When should I pray Fajr? Sunrise was at 05:29, so should I pray my Fajr before this ( i.e before 05:28)?

As another example, Zohr was at 13:06 ... do I need to have prayed my Fajr a certain time before Zohr?

A detailed explanation on rulings of prayer and the times would be really appreciated.

Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza :)
08-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Wa'alaikumas salam

Pray fajr anytime from 3:25 to 5:28. You should try your best to pray in a masjid though.

Pray fajr at it's due time, don't delay it till dhuhr.

Congratulations on accepting Islam my dear brother. I ask Allah subhaanahu wa ta'aala to keep you steadfast on this beautiful deen :)

greenhill
08-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Welcome to the forum and another welcome to the deen. :shade:

Always best for males to do prayers at the masjid. The rewards are 27 times that of doing it alone. .

On timing, it is best to perform the prayers at the earliest possible moment (after the adhan and iqomah at the masjid) but if not anytime within the allotted time frame. If missed the time, then to qodor (make up the missed prayers) as soon as possible.

I guess the purpose of performing the solat as soon as possible is that we do not know when our final moment is.. so best to get that obligatory prayer done...

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

eesa the kiwi
08-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Try pray fajr from the time it starts to at least roughly ten minutes before sunrise (i say roughly coz im not sure of the exact timing)
to pray whilst the sun is rising, setting or at the highest point in the sky is disliked (could even be forbidden but i dont have enough knowledge) one wisdom behind this to be different from those who worship the sun at those times

dont delay fajr untill zohr, if you sleep through your alarm pray it as soon as you wake

may Allah bless you through islam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nadinesauriol
10-24-2016, 06:42 AM
- Islamic Prayer Times Daily Five Prayer(Five Pillar).
- Islamic Prayer Or Salah Useful Information Sharing Platform Makkah Calendar.
- This Platform Sharing for Islamic Prayer Times, Download Islamic Calendar and Islamic Festival Information Sharing.
- Very Useful for Islamic People.

aaj
10-25-2016, 07:29 AM
:wasalam:

welcome bro, may Allah make your path in Islam easy inshallah :)

It's good to know you are keen on getting your prayers down soon as you can. They are very important in so many ways.

Prayer timing wise, as someone said before, the best salah is one that is offered earliest time of salah. With that said, each salah has an window of time within which it must be performed. You can perform the prayer anytime between the start and time of that prayer. With fajr and asr, it's recommended to not wait till the last minute as you do not want to prayer when the sun is rising or setting.

Then there also certain times one cannot pray. You can read about that here : https://islamqa.info/en/48998

here's some info that may help inshallah, if you don't already have this info:

how to do wudu (ablution)
http://raleighmasjid.org/how-to-pray/wudu.htm

how to pray
http://raleighmasjid.org/how-to-pray/salah.htm

Here's a thread on how many rakahs (units) are in each prayer :
http://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/1...ml#post1453789

One thing to note regarding the above is that, jummah (friday) prayer is different. It takes the place of the dhur (noon prayer). For it, the 4 rakat fard is replaced with the khutbah and 2 rakat fard afterwards. The khutbah is part of the prayer so no talking with other, not even replying to their salams, and no playing on phone or other distractions. After wards, there's only 2 sunnah if you go home and prayer or 4 sunnahs in sets of 2 if you prayer there.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.