/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who suffered from Waswas? I need help

TheresaGray
08-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Guys. Has any of you suffered from waswas(doubts in whether or not islam is the right religion). If yes, how did you overcome it?
I will be very gratefull if you reply, pls guys dont ignore

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aaqib
08-06-2016, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TheresaGray
Guys. Has any of you suffered from waswas(doubts in whether or not islam is the right religion). If yes, how did you overcome it?
I will be very gratefull if you reply, pls guys dont ignore
Pray and make dua, seek refuge in Allah from Shaytan.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Get in touch with a reliable, knowledgeable `Aalim in your locality, if you can. Whatever questions/doubts you have, he will answer, In Shaa Allaah.

Also, recite Ta`awwudh (A`oodhu Billaahi Minash Shaytaanir Rajeem) ten times in the morning and ten times in the evening, every day. Also, increase your recitation of the Qur'aan, and read the meaning as well. Increase in Dhikr and Istighfaar. After every Salaah, make the following Du`aa: "Rabbanaa Laa Tuzigh Quloobanaa Ba`da idh Hadaytanaa wa-hab lanaa Milladunka Rahmah, Innaka Antal Wahhaab." (O our Rabb! Let not our hearts go astray after You have guided us, and grant us Rahmah (Mercy) from Yourself. Truly, you are the Bestower.)

drac16
08-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Salam alaykum

Yeah, I suffer from doubts, too. What helps me is reading a commentary of the Qur'an. Yusuf Ali's commentary has helped me sooo many times. Poetry also helps me because it reminds me of how beautiful God is. Rumi wrote a lot of good poetry. Aside from that, do some dhikr. :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Little_Lion
08-07-2016, 12:43 AM
I go back to the beginning: what introduced me to Islam in the first place. One of the ways I learned about Islam was actually by watching children's shows on it . . . they may be simple, but sometimes a simple reminder of truths is all we need to get us back on the right path. Stories of the Prophets by Yusuf Estes is one of my favorites to turn to when I am feeling down about my faith. The shows are all on Youtube.

Eric H
08-07-2016, 07:07 AM
Greetings and peace be with you TheresaGray;

Guys. Has any of you suffered from waswas(doubts in whether or not islam is the right religion.
Allah chooses whom he wills, so your calling comes from Allah first. Faith is the realization of what is hoped for
and evidence of things not seen.

In the spirit of trusting in our god.

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.