/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I be diagnosed with OCD if I suffer waswas?

mezzi_sohal
08-08-2016, 05:28 PM
I have been suffering with waswas and upon reading other peoples' struggles with the same thing, I discovered pure-O OCD could be a factor of why it is bothering me so much. I have researched it thoroughly and would like to speak to my GP about it. I am not looking for treatment if I do have this OCD - just a diagnosis to be sure it is there. However, I also read that for a true believer, Allah should be sufficient in dealing with waswas. Does this mean I should find out about the OCD? Or would doing so make me not a true believer as Allah is sufficient?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
08-08-2016, 06:03 PM
Greetings,

If you are worried that you may have a medical problem, then seeking medical advice is the best thing to do.

I hope things work out for you.

Peace

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-08-2016, 06:15 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Looking for treatment for OCD does not affect your Imaan whatsoever. If you would like to do that, then it is up to you.

From an Islaamic perspective, you should do the following:

1) Recite Ta`awwudh (A`oodhu Billaahi Minash Shaytaanir Rajeem) ten times every morning and every evening.

2) Try to always be in a state of Wudhoo (this can take some getting used to. It may be difficult at first, but it gets easier and easier, until it reaches a point where you will feel uncomfortable if you don't have Wudhoo). OCD - Wasaawis is caused by Shaytaan, and Wudhoo is a Muslim's protection against Shaytaan.

3) Recite Aayatul Kursi and the three Quls (Soorah al-Ikhlaas, Soorah al-Falaq and Soorah an-Naas) before sleeping.

4) Recite the last Rukoo` of Soorah al-Baqarah every night.

5) Increase your recitation of the Qur'aan, as well as Adhkaar. When a person's heart is engaged in the Dhikr of Allaah Ta`aalaa, Shaytaan cannot affect him. Think of the Dhikr of Allaah Ta`aalaa as an impenetrable fortress: the moment you enter it, none of your enemies can reach you.

6) Make Du`aa after every Salaah and after Tahajjud that Allaah Ta`aalaa grants you complete Shifaa (cure) from it. This is extremely important to do. Du`aa is the weapon of a Mu'min.

7) Ignore any Wasaawis and doubts with regards to Tahaarah, Wudhoo, Ghusl, etc.

8) Recite the following Du`aas three times every morning and evening: "A`oodhu bi-Kalimaatillaahit Taammati min Sharri maa Khalaq." And this one: "A`oodhu bi-`Izzatillaahi wa Qudratihee min Sharri maa Ajidu wa Uhaazhiru". And this one: "A`oodhu Billaahis Samee`il `Aleem minash Shaytaanir Rajeem, min Hamzihee wa Nafkhihee wa Nafthih."

9) Recite the following Du`aa three times every morning and evening: "Bismillaahil-ladhee laa Yadhurru Ma`as mihee Shay'un fil Ardhi wa laa fis-Samaa', wa Huwas Samee`ul `Aleem." (This Du`aa will also protect you - by the Permission of Allaah Ta`aalaa - from any calamities afflicting you.)

10) Toilets are places of Najaasah and are inhabited by Shayaateen, so people should keep their time there to a minimum. Meaning, don't adopt the habit of reading newspapers, books, your phone, etc. whilst in the toilet.

May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant you complete Shifaa, protect you from the Shayaateen and their Wasaawis, and grant you peace of mind, tranquility and contentment.

آمين يا رب العالمين

Abz2000
08-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Depends on the source of the waswas, if it comes from iblis or your natural biological and chemical composition, maybe look to improving deep meditation during prayer (salah) as i hear it helps one to focus sharply on the task one is dealing with even when one is not praying.
if your evil waswas is from America's orbital satellites and local mobile phone towers, then do what you can within your means and pray that Allah either preferably guides them to Islam and repentance - or sends a solar ejection storm that knocks out all non-biological electronic devices on earth, or destroys the enemies of Allah wholesale.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-08-2016, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
maybe look to improving deep meditation during prayer (salah) as i hear it helps one to focus sharply on the task one is dealing with even when one is not praying.
Very true. It's a fact that attaining focus and clarity of mind during Salaah results in having focus and clarity of mind even outside of Salaah. The Hukamaa have advised that one should strive to attain focus whilst making Wudhoo, and that will in turn result in having focus when performing Salaah, In Shaa Allaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.