/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jump out of bed!

Reminder
08-08-2016, 05:36 PM
This has an amazing effect. I have a feeling it will lead to a great day. I have a sleeping disorder, but I just remember that we are supposed to jump out of bed and now have tons of energy, 3 minutes ago I could barely stay awake!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Reminder
08-08-2016, 05:37 PM
*remembered

by the way, why can't we edit our posts? it should say "edited: DATE" and also an edit log to view changes

Aaqib
08-08-2016, 05:46 PM
One more post and than you can edit your posts :)

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-08-2016, 05:58 PM
People should jump out of bed? In older people, that can cause dizziness.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
piXie
08-08-2016, 06:17 PM
:sl:

I read that jumping out of the bed can be dangerous because it's too sudden. People can die from it. My neighbour did that once, she was sleeping and she jumped to answer her phone and vomited and fainted, causing herself injuries.

The blood needs time to reach the head.

Kiro
08-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Who taught you this?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-08-2016, 06:45 PM
It isn't a good idea. You should climb out of bed in a normal, calm manner.

Reminder
08-09-2016, 05:31 AM
I really thought I heard this before... :hmm:

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-09-2016, 10:21 AM
You've got clarification now, at least.

noraina
08-09-2016, 10:25 AM
I'd feel dizzy if I jumped out of bed, and I'm not even that old.

I think waking up early is good, and not sleeping for too long, but your body needs time to readjust after lying down for a few hours.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-09-2016, 11:02 AM
Getting up early is very important:

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : ( اللهم بارك لأمتي في بكورها ) قال : وكان إذا بعث سرية أو جيشاً بعثهم في أول النهار ، وكان صخرٌ رجلاً تاجراً ، وكان يبعث تجارته أول النهار ، فأثرى وأصاب مالاً . خرجه أبو داود والترمذي وابن ماجه بإسناد فيه جهالة ، وجاء ما يشهد له من حديث علي وابن عمر وابن عباس وابن مسعود وغيرهم - رضي الله عنهم جميعاً -

Hadhrat Sakhr al-Ghaamidi رضي الله عنه narrates that Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "O Allaah, grant my Ummah Barakah (blessings) in the mornings." Whenever he would send out troops or an army, he would send them out in the beginning of the day."

Hadhrat Sakhr رضي الله عنه was a trader, and he used to send out his caravans in the morning. As a result, he did well and made money." [Narrated by Imaam Abu Daawud, Imaam at-Tirmidhee and Imaam ibn Maajah.]

For this reason, the Salaf disliked the practice of sleeping after Fajr. Hadhrat `Urwah ibn az-Zubayr رضي الله عنه narrates, "az-Zubayr رضي الله عنه used to forbid his sons from sleeping in the morning." He says about himself, "I never hear about a person who sleeps in the morning except that I lose interest in him."

[Note: This is not to say that it isn't permissible to sleep in the morning - it is permissible. The Salaf just used to dislike this practice because it is a waste of valuable time. A person who sleeps in the morning is wasting the time of day which has the greatest Barakah (blessings) in it, and is thus missing out on the Du`aa of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم, wherein he asked Allaah Ta`aalaa to grant Barakah (blessings) to this Ummah in the mornings.]

noraina
08-09-2016, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Getting up early is very important:

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : ( اللهم بارك لأمتي في بكورها ) قال : وكان إذا بعث سرية أو جيشاً بعثهم في أول النهار ، وكان صخرٌ رجلاً تاجراً ، وكان يبعث تجارته أول النهار ، فأثرى وأصاب مالاً . خرجه أبو داود والترمذي وابن ماجه بإسناد فيه جهالة ، وجاء ما يشهد له من حديث علي وابن عمر وابن عباس وابن مسعود وغيرهم - رضي الله عنهم جميعاً -

Hadhrat Sakhr al-Ghaamidi رضي الله عنه narrates that Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "O Allaah, grant my Ummah Barakah (blessings) in the mornings." Whenever he would send out troops or an army, he would send them out in the beginning of the day."

Hadhrat Sakhr رضي الله عنه was a trader, and he used to send out his caravans in the morning. As a result, he did well and made money." [Narrated by Imaam Abu Daawud, Imaam at-Tirmidhee and Imaam ibn Maajah.]

For this reason, the Salaf disliked the practice of sleeping after Fajr. Hadhrat `Urwah ibn az-Zubayr رضي الله عنه narrates, "az-Zubayr رضي الله عنه used to forbid his sons from sleeping in the morning." He says about himself, "I never hear about a person who sleeps in the morning except that I lose interest in him."

[Note: This is not to say that it isn't permissible to sleep in the morning - it is permissible. The Salaf just used to dislike this practice because it is a waste of valuable time. A person who sleeps in the morning is wasting the time of day which has the greatest Barakah (blessings) in it, and is thus missing out on the Du`aa of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم, wherein he asked Allaah Ta`aalaa to grant Barakah (blessings) to this Ummah in the mornings.]
SubhanAllah yes....I remember reading something similar before which inspired me to begin waking up earlier. Alhamdulillah I'm often up at around 6am and I've found my memorisation ability is at its peak in the early morning (unless that's just me, lol), so I like to study then, now waking up at 10 seems like such a waste of time and energy.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-09-2016, 02:44 PM
That's true. A person's mind is able to memorise best early in the morning. I think everyone who has done Hifz of the Qur'aan knows how important the morning time is for memorisation. In Madressah, students who did their Hifz in the morning classes were much more successful than those who used to do their Hifz in the afternoon or night classes.

There is a special Barakah in the morning time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.