/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dreams In Islaam

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-08-2016, 09:21 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I had an idea to make a topic about the issue of dreams in Islaam. Not interpretation of dreams, because I am not qualified to do that; just anything from Islaam with regards to dreams.

May Allaah Ta`aalaa make it beneficial, آمين.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-08-2016, 09:23 PM
Starting out with the post I made in this thread: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post2920066

---------------

There are three kinds of dreams:

1) True dreams, from Allaah Ta`aalaa. These are Bashaaraat (glad-tidings) for the Mu'min. Via true dreams, Allaah Ta`aalaa can show a person a person something of the Aakhirah, or give them some news of something which might happen, or show them the correct path to take or the correct decision to make regarding a particular thing, or have people who have moved to the Aakhirah visit them in these dreams by the Permission of Allaah Ta`aalaa.

2) Evil dreams / Nightmares. These are from Shaytaan. They do it for no reason other than to try and trouble the Muslim.

3) Adhghaathu Ahlaam (mixed-up dreams which have no meaning, and which can result from eating too much before sleeping.)

In one narration mentioned by Imaam an-Nawawi رحمة الله عليه in Kitaab al-Adhkaar, Hadhrat `Aa'ishah رضي الله عنها used to make the following Du`aa (i.e. in order to get true dreams):

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أسألُكَ رُؤْيا صَالِحَةً، صَادِقَة غَيْرَ كاذِبَةً، نافِعَةً غَيْرَ ضَارَّةٍ

Allaahumma Innee As'aluka Ru'yaa Saalihah, Saadiqatan Ghayra Kaadhibah, Naafi`atan Ghayra Dhaarrah. (O Allaah! I ask You for dreams which are pious; true and not false; beneficial and not harmful.)

May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant all of us true dreams, as Bashaaraat.

آمين يا رب العالمين

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-08-2016, 09:31 PM
`Allaamah ibn al-Qayyim رحمة الله عليه says in "Kitaab-ur-Rooh":

"Several of those who were not inclined to the opinions of Shaykhul Islaam ibn Taymiyyah informed me that they saw him (in their dreams) after his death and asked him about difficult questions on issues related to Islamic inheritance laws and other matters and he replied to their questions and guided them to the relevant correct views.”

-----------

A Muslim who has moved to the Aakhirah (Hereafter) is granted permission by Allaah Ta`aalaa to visit in dreams those Muslims he wants to. Here, Imaam ibn Taymiyyah visited those people in dreams and answered their questions. Obviously, what people say in dreams are judged exactly as what people say in normal life: according to the Sharee`ah. If someone says something in a dream which goes against the Sharee`ah, we will not accept it, just as if a person says something in normal life which goes against the Sharee`ah, we won't accept it.

It is a great Ni`mah (blessing) from Allaah Ta`aalaa to receive visitations from the people beloved to you in dreams, such as Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم, Ambiyaa, Sahaabah, Awliyaa, Mujaahideen, or just friends and family. There are many instances of a person moving to the Aakhirah, and thereafter his family members and/or friends see him in a dream, and inquire about him, how he fared, etc. and he tells them that he has been granted forgiveness by Allaah Ta`aalaa, etc. etc. This took place among the Sahaabah as well. There are many such incidents.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-08-2016, 09:41 PM
Haafiz ibn Hajar al-`Asqalaani رحمة الله عليه states in Fat-hul Baari that a person who wants to get true dreams should do the following:

1) Sleep with Wudhoo.

2) Lay on his right side.

3) Recite Soorah ash-Shams, Soorah al-Layl, Soorah at-Teen, Soorah al-Ikhlaas, Soorah al-Falaq and Soorah an-Naas.

4) He should make the following Du`aa:

اللهم إني أعوذ بك من سيء الأحلام، وأستجيرك من تلاعب الشيطان في اليقظة والمنام، اللهم إني أسألك رؤيا صادقة نافعة حافظة غير منسية، اللهم أرني في منامي ما أحب

Allaahumma Innee A`oodhu Bika min Sayyi'il Ahlaam, wa Astajeeruka min Talaa`ub-ish-Shaytaan fil-Yaqazhati wal Manaam. Allaahumma Innee As'aluka Ru'yaa Saadiqah, Naafi`ah, Haafizhah, Ghayra Mansiyyah. Allaahumma Arinee fil-Manaami Maa Uhibbu.

(O Allaah, I seek protection in You from evil dreams, and I seek Your Protection from the playing of Shaytaan, both in wakefulness and in sleep. O Allaah, I ask You for dreams which are truthful, beneficial, remembered and not forgotten (after waking up). O Allaah, show me in my dreams that which I want to see.)

آمين يا رب العالمين

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aaqib
08-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Jazakallah and may Allah give you success in this world and the hereafter

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-08-2016, 11:07 PM
Aameen, yaa Akhi, wa Iyyaak (and for you the same).

Muslim Woman
08-09-2016, 08:25 AM
:sl:

Sheikh , my husband bought a book on interpretation of dreams . Writer is Allama Ibn Sherin . Is that authentic or fake book ?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-09-2016, 10:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Sheikh , my husband bought a book on interpretation of dreams . Writer is Allama Ibn Sherin . Is that authentic or fake book ?
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Respected sister,

Many Islaamic researchers have found that the book, "Interpretation of Dreams", or "Dictionary of Dreams" cannot be authentically attributed back to Imaam ibn Seereen رحمة الله عليه. Others say it was actually written by a Shaafi`ee `Aalim named `Abdul Malik ibn Muhammad al-Kharkooshi an-Naysaaboori.

These are some of the reason they mention which cast doubt on the Kitaab being authored by him:

1) None of the Mu'arrikheen (historians) of the first three generations (in which the Imaam lived) mention him having authored a Kitaab on dreams, despite them speaking about his oceanic knowledge in the field.

2) Imaam ibn Seereen was one of those `Ulamaa of the Salaf who disliked that Ahaadeeth should be written down (did not believe in the compilation of Kitaabs of Hadeeth). He believed Ahaadeeth should only be passed on from one person to another, via memory. Orally, not written down. One reason for this is because he feared that if Ahaadeeth got written down and Kitaabs of Ahaadeeth got compiled, people would rely on these Kitaabs rather than the original method of taking the Ahaadeeth from a Shaykh or Raawi, like Sahaabah used to do. So, he was of those who did not believe in the writing down of `Ilm, making it unlikely that he would have compiled a Kitaab in `Ilm-ut-Ta`beer (the Science of Dream Interpretation).

3) The `Ulamaa who have done their research on this Kitaab (the original Arabic version) found that the literary style used, word usage, etc. did not match the literary style used in the era in which Imaam ibn Seereen lived. The writing style used is of the `Ulamaa of later times.

4) Imaam ibn Seereen himself said, "If I were to have compiled a Kitaab, I would have compiled one on the letters of Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم." This statement of his points out that he had not compiled any Kitaab.

5) Imaam ibn Seereen was known to be extremely cautious with regards to dream interpretation, and regarded it as being a most difficult and intricate science. As such, it is unlikely that he would compile a Kitaab on "Dream Interpretation", leaving it in the hands of people with no knowledge of Ta`beer (Dream Interpretation) to start interpreting their own dreams and those of others.

Based on the following reasons, we should not rely on the Kitaab "Dictionary of Dreams" or "Interpretation of Dreams" attributed to Imaam ibn Seereen.

Seeking interpretation for a dream is like seeking a Fatwaa: just like a non-`Aalim wanting to know a ruling on a particular issue would go to a Mufti to seek the answer, and not themselves open up the Kutub of Fiqh like Hidaayah, Badaa'i`-us-Sanaa'i`, Raddul Muhtaar, etc. to try and find it there, so too should a person seeking interpretation of a dream find out from a reliable `Aalim who is a Mu`abbir (Dream Interpreter), rather than trying to find it in a Kitaab.

والله تعالى أعلم

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-14-2016, 03:06 PM
بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ، قَالَ: الرُّؤْيَا الحَسَنَةُ، مِنَ الرَّجُلِ الصَّالِحِ، جُزْءٌ مِنْ سِتَّةٍ وَأَرْبَعِينَ جُزْءًا مِنَ النُّبُوَّةِ
رواه البخاري

Hadhrat Anas ibn Maalik رضي الله عنه narrates that Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "A good dream of a righteous man is one part from the 46 parts of Nubuwwah." [Narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari.]

Scimitar
08-14-2016, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Whether authentic or fake, I have it and I believe it is the most confusing and contradictory book I have in my collection supposedly attributed to a Muslim author.

I do not advise reading this book for any clarification on dreams.

Scimi

Afif Rusli
08-14-2016, 04:13 PM
I had a good dream , where i flew into a house , and landed on a prayer mat , i turn my back i saw the right side of the walls was made of glass and outside was clouds, i look around the house and it has a beautiful design, Then i woke up. It was short but it was the best dream i ever had.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-14-2016, 04:28 PM
Apparently, Mufti Ebrahim Salehjee of Durban, South Africa, does dream interpretations. He runs the Darul Uloom in Isipingo Beach called "Madrasah Taleemuddeen". He studied in Deoband under `Ulamaa like Mufti Mahmood-ul-Hasan Gangohi رحمة الله عليه and others.

He can be contacted via the following email address:

mufti@alhaadi.org.za

@Afif Rusli: You can contact him and ask him to give you an interpretation of the dream you had.

If he does, please post it here (the interpretation).

Umm Abed
08-14-2016, 05:54 PM
Salam,

Is it a good idea that he post his dream interpretations here? Huzaifah ibn Adam

Id rather he PM you with any answers, that will be in his best interest:ia:

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-14-2016, 06:06 PM

Yes, he can do that also if he likes. Though, there is no harm in sharing the interpretation of a good dream. It is up to him.

Aaqib
08-14-2016, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afif Rusli
I had a good dream , where i flew into a house , and landed on a prayer mat , i turn my back i saw the walls was made of glass , and outside was clouds. Then i woke up. It was short but it was the best dream i ever had.
I had a dream where I answered the 3 questions in the grave correctly :statisfie

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-14-2016, 09:18 PM
Maashaa'Allaah, that's a very good dream. May Allaah Ta`aalaa make it a reality, Aameen.

ReboundMuslimah
08-14-2016, 10:51 PM
I have been having these crazy dreams every since i started practicing the deen. I have been trying to find a dream interpreter if anyone knows of one plzz let me know. Jzk!

Aaqib
08-14-2016, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
I have been having these crazy dreams every since i started practicing the deen. I have been trying to find a dream interpreter if anyone knows of one plzz let me know. Jzk!
Maybe it's Adhghaathu Ahlaam?

ReboundMuslimah
08-14-2016, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Apparently, Mufti Ebrahim Salehjee of Durban, South Africa, does dream interpretations. He runs the Darul Uloom in Isipingo Beach called "Madrasah Taleemuddeen". He studied in Deoband under `Ulamaa like Mufti Mahmood-ul-Hasan Gangohi رحمة الله عليه and others.

He can be contacted via the following email address:

mufti@alhaadi.org.za

@Afif Rusli: You can contact him and ask him to give you an interpretation of the dream you had.

If he does, please post it here (the interpretation).
Jzk for this!

ReboundMuslimah
08-14-2016, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
Maybe it's Adhghaathu Ahlaam?
What's that?

Aaqib
08-14-2016, 11:09 PM
What's that?
"3) Adhghaathu Ahlaam (mixed-up dreams which have no meaning, and which can result from eating too much before sleeping.)"

Afif Rusli
08-14-2016, 11:11 PM
I had a dream where I answered the 3 questions in the grave correctly :statisfie
Mashallah.

ReboundMuslimah
08-14-2016, 11:12 PM
"3) Adhghaathu Ahlaam (mixed-up dreams which have no meaning, and which can result from eating too much before sleeping.)"
It's the same dreams with the same people. I don't know if I'm allowed to share it on here tho since no one is a dream interpreter.

Afif Rusli
08-14-2016, 11:17 PM
It's the same dreams with the same people. I don't know if I'm allowed to share it on here tho since no one is a dream interpreter.
I think there is a website called myislamicdream , its an interpretation of ibn sireen.

ReboundMuslimah
08-14-2016, 11:20 PM
I think there is a website called myislamicdream , its an interpretation of ibn sireen.
Yea I have been on those Islamic dream interpretation sites but they don't apply to me.

Afif Rusli
08-14-2016, 11:48 PM
Yea I have been on those Islamic dream interpretation sites but they don't apply to me.
We should not rely too much on dreams anyways , if its good dream , alhamdulillah.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-16-2016, 01:52 PM
People should not rely on interpretations from "myislamicdream.com", for the same reason that they should not seek interpretations of their dreams from Kitaabs like "Dictionary of Dreams", etc. Instead, ask a reliable `Aalim skilled in the field of Ta`beer (Dream Interpretation) for an interpretation on your dream.

والسلام

Afif Rusli
08-16-2016, 02:35 PM
I have emailed the mufti , but he didnt give any interpretation [emoji15] ?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-16-2016, 02:53 PM
I have emailed the mufti , but he didnt give any interpretation [emoji15] ?

That means it was a bad dream. The reason he did not interpret it is because the dream you had was a bad one; it had a bad meaning. If a bad dream is interpreted, some harm can afflict the person who had it. Therefore, bad dreams/nightmares must not be spoken about nor must they be interpreted.

The meaning is something bad, so he encouraged you to strengthen your Ta`alluq (Connection) with Allaah Ta`aalaa through Salaah, which also prevents one from Fahshaa (shameless; immoral) and Munkar (evil) actions.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-16-2016, 02:55 PM
Possibly, that is the reason why he did not interpret it.

Afif Rusli
08-16-2016, 02:55 PM
That means it was a bad dream. The reason he did not interpret it is because the dream you had was a bad one; it had a bad meaning. If a bad dream is interpreted, some harm can afflict the person who had it. Therefore, bad dreams/nightmares must not be spoken about nor must they be interpreted.

The meaning is something bad, so he encouraged you to strengthen your Ta`alluq (Connection) with Allaah Ta`aalaa through Salaah, which also prevents one from Fahshaa (shameless; immoral) and Munkar (evil) actions.
How is it a bad dream..?

My dream was that i flew into a house , landed on a prayer mat , i turn my back to see a beautiful home , with glass wall on the right with clouds outside.

Afif Rusli
08-16-2016, 02:56 PM

Maybe what you meant is that , i should strive more in my faith , i guess? I dont think its bad at all.

Aaqib
08-16-2016, 02:56 PM
What about mines? I don't really understand mines :hmm:
------------------------------------------------------------
Bismihi Ta`ala

Haamidan wa Musalliyan

Respected Brother / Sister in Islam

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh

May Allah Ta`ala keep you with imaan and take you with imaan.

And Allah Ta`ala knows best

(Mufti) E Salejee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw sheikh I need your answers on the daily fiqh thread, jazakallah

Afif Rusli
08-16-2016, 02:58 PM

Anyways i had that dream when i was into islam for a few weeks , maybe thats what the mufti meant.

Aaqib
08-16-2016, 02:58 PM
How is it a bad dream..?

My dream was that i flew into a house , landed on a prayer mat , i turn my back to see a beautiful home , with glass wall on the right with clouds outside.
I think you should trust the dream interpreter bro!

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-16-2016, 03:10 PM
I'm not sure about Mufti Salejee's interpretation myself. Allaahu A`lam.

Mufti Abdur Raheem Limbada of the UK also does dream interpretation. He can be contacted via his website:

http://www.tafseer-raheemi.com/

His website is currently down for maintenance, though.

Afif Rusli
08-16-2016, 03:10 PM
I think you should trust the dream interpreter bro!
I think the mufti meant that i should try to offer my regular and nawafil salat with devotion and sincerity and not look into the bounty of allah swt without praying sincerely with devotion and the reason in my dream during the landing onto the prayer mat, i started prayer but only to see beautiful interior of the home i turn my back and seeing out the glass walls with clouds says that i was impatient during my salat to get reward of allah swt ? I perceived this is what he meant i guess.

Afif Rusli
08-16-2016, 03:15 PM
I'm not sure about Mufti Salejee's interpretation myself. Allaahu A`lam.

Mufti Abdur Raheem Limbada of the UK also does dream interpretation. He can be contacted via his website:

http://www.tafseer-raheemi.com/

His website is currently down for maintenance, though.
Okay will try to share my dream there as well. Ill update you guys.

Afif Rusli
08-16-2016, 03:17 PM
Bismihi Ta`ala

Haamidan wa Musalliyan

(Mufti) E Salejee

What was your dream?

Afif Rusli
08-16-2016, 03:18 PM
Bismihi Ta`ala

Haamidan wa Musalliyan

(Mufti) E Salejee

Ouh your the one with the three question answered correctly in the grave..

Afif Rusli
08-16-2016, 03:24 PM
Bismihi Ta`ala

Haamidan wa Musalliyan

(Mufti) E Salejee

I think he meant , that you lived as a believer and is on right guidance and died a believer hence you answered the grave correctly. But guidance/faith can change overtime, so thats why he said may allah swt keep you with iman and take you with iman and did not guarantee that you would live with iman , and died with iman, so you should keep up with your faith. Inshallah

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-16-2016, 04:47 PM
I can see there's a definite need for more `Ulamaa who are skilled in the field of Ta`beer (Dream Interpretation). Currently, I only know of those two, i.e. Mufti Salejee and Mufti Limbada.

There is bound to be more. I will try to find more and compile a list of such `Ulamaa, In Shaa Allaah.

Umm Abed
08-16-2016, 04:55 PM
I can see there's a definite need for more `Ulamaa who are skilled in the field of Ta`beer (Dream Interpretation). Currently, I only know of those two, i.e. Mufti Salejee and Mufti Limbada.

There is bound to be more. I will try to find more and compile a list of such `Ulamaa, In Shaa Allaah.
The mufti shouldve been clear in his explanation, not that there was one, tbh, but, the brother who dreamt it felt good about it and it does seem like a good dream. Insha'allah it is a means of barakah for him.

Best is to have a beautiful interpretation of it, and better to keep it to loved ones.

Afif Rusli
08-16-2016, 05:09 PM

Can i ask about those two muftis , do they belong to any sect, which jurisprudence do they belong , any school of thought?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-16-2016, 05:40 PM
Can i ask about those two muftis , do they belong to any sect, which jurisprudence do they belong , any school of thought?
They are Hanafi in Fiqh and belong to the Maslak (ideology) of Darul Uloom Deoband, so they are Deobandis.

Afif Rusli
08-16-2016, 10:32 PM
They are Hanafi in Fiqh and belong to the Maslak (ideology) of Darul Uloom Deoband, so they are Deobandis.
Whuuuuuuut. Ok nvm then lol.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 11:35 AM
Whuuuuuuut. Ok nvm then lol.
Is there a problem, that you would not want to take knowledge from them?

ReboundMuslimah
08-17-2016, 04:48 PM
I emailed one of the sheikhs but still no response.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 05:57 PM
I emailed one of the sheikhs but still no response.
Was it Mufti Limbada that you emailed? If so, he's not answering questions at the moment. Did you try Mufti Salejee?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 06:00 PM
There is another `Aalim who does dream interpretation:

www.alislam.co.za

Mufti Afzal Hoosen (A.H.) Elias, from Durban, South Africa. An associate of probably the most famous `Aalim of South Africa: Maulana A.S. Desai of the infamous "Mujlisul Ulama of South Africa".

I have to warn you, though: He tends to give very, very, very concise answers. I've seen people ask him questions a page long and he answers in three words. It is rare for him to give an answer that exceeds one sentence.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 06:01 PM
So far, the `Ulamaa who do dream interpretation:

1) Mufti Ebrahim Salejee.

2) Mufti Abdur Raheem Limbada.

3) Mufti A.H. Elias.

-------

We need to get more names on that list, In Shaa Allaah.

Aaqib
08-17-2016, 06:14 PM
I have to warn you, though: He tends to give very, very, very concise answers. I've seen people ask him questions a page long and he answers in three words. It is rare for him to give an answer that exceeds one sentence.
:hiding:

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 06:15 PM
Example of a dream Mufti A.H. Elias interpreted:

----------

Questioner:

"Aoa
I had this dream that I was praying and closer to my prayer mat there was something that could harm me( insect or something like that). One of my classmates cared and removed the harmful thing away from me while I was praying.
We had a fight in real life. Can u please tell me the meaning. Jazakallah khair"

Answer:

"AsalaamuAlaikum

السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُاللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Help from unexpected sources.

وَعَلَيْكُمُ السَّلَام وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ وَمَغْفِرَتُهُ
Was-Salaams
Mufti Elias
http://www.alislam.co.za
twitter.com/Mufti_Elias"

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 06:17 PM
Here is another:

------------------

Questioner:

"Asak
I had a dream I went for hajj I’m wearing full jilbab and hijab and there’s like a university camp and I’m on the programme so many people girls boys I’m on a class siting next to a clever guy he’s popular and intelligent talkative something happens and in the class he’s involved in an accident or an incident and he gets blames and held accountable and due for punishment people start pointing fingers at him I’m outside and talking to another hijabi girl she shows me her jilbab has gotten torn and then later same girl or another is sitting at the bottom of the stairs telling me her legs are hurting her and she’s pressing them and I’m standing at the top then the same guy comes out I see him and we start talking I tell him I believe in him he’s innocent and whatever and whenever it’s due i will help and stand up for him"

Answer:

AsalaamuAlaikum

Will try to defend to save the dignity/honour of someone you know.

Was-Salaams
Mufti Elias
twitter.com/Mufti_Elias

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 06:37 PM
Mufti A.H. Elias Style Fatwaa:

-----------

Question:

Question ID: 21681
when i was 16 i used to talk to a guy on phone. one day he called me on my number and a person which he said was a molvi asked me thrice if I accept him in my marriage and i said yes three times on phone. at that time I was alone, and i dont know anything about the other side of the phone that how many people were present, the speakers of phone were on or off, who was the person who asked me that, i dont know anything. i never signed any nikah nama. i met the guy 2,3 times after this incident but never formed relationship of husband and wife.
i know that whatever i did i wrong and a big sin, i soon repented, and completely stopped talking to that guy, i also started covering my face and started following islam completely.
its been 6 years now and today i am engaged to some one else. but i still doubt that i am in nikah of that guy. I dont know if it was a real nikah or a fake nikah
I want to ask that:
1) if it was a valid nikah?
2) can i marry now someone else without letting anyone know about my past? is it necessary to let my parents and my fiance know about whatever happened in my past?
if you can provide me with a reference of a hadees or qurani verse or any fatwah, it will free me from my suffering.
Ps: please note that i follow hanafi fiqh, so i request you to provide me answer in the light of hanafi school of thought if possible, i also request you to keep this question private
waiting for response.
May ALLAH give you reward.
JazakALLAH khair,
your sister

Answer:
AsalaamuAlaikum
1.) No.
2.) Yes.
3.) No.
Was-Salaams
Mufti Elias
twitter.com/Mufti_Elias

ReboundMuslimah
08-17-2016, 07:11 PM
Was it Mufti Limbada that you emailed? If so, he's not answering questions at the moment. Did you try Mufti Salejee?
No I emailed Mufti Salejee I'll try the other one too jzk.

Serinity
08-17-2016, 07:28 PM
Starting out with the post I made in this thread: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post2920066

---------------

There are three kinds of dreams:

1) True dreams, from Allaah Ta`aalaa. These are Bashaaraat (glad-tidings) for the Mu'min. Via true dreams, Allaah Ta`aalaa can show a person a person something of the Aakhirah, or give them some news of something which might happen, or show them the correct path to take or the correct decision to make regarding a particular thing, or have people who have moved to the Aakhirah visit them in these dreams by the Permission of Allaah Ta`aalaa.

2) Evil dreams / Nightmares. These are from Shaytaan. They do it for no reason other than to try and trouble the Muslim.

3) Adhghaathu Ahlaam (mixed-up dreams which have no meaning, and which can result from eating too much before sleeping.)

In one narration mentioned by Imaam an-Nawawi رحمة الله عليه in Kitaab al-Adhkaar, Hadhrat `Aa'ishah رضي الله عنها used to make the following Du`aa (i.e. in order to get true dreams):

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أسألُكَ رُؤْيا صَالِحَةً، صَادِقَة غَيْرَ كاذِبَةً، نافِعَةً غَيْرَ ضَارَّةٍ

Allaahumma Innee As'aluka Ru'yaa Saalihah, Saadiqatan Ghayra Kaadhibah, Naafi`atan Ghayra Dhaarrah. (O Allaah! I ask You for dreams which are pious; true and not false; beneficial and not harmful.)

May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant all of us true dreams, as Bashaaraat.

آمين يا رب العالمين
:salam:

Do dreams coming from oneself, i.e. desires/nafs, fall under the 3rd category? I.e. dreams about intimacy, where do these come from, the nafs, Shayateen/Jinn?

I wish I got a dream from Allah showing me guidance. may Allah :swt: grant us that. Ameen.

may Allah :swt: guide us to Tawheed and clarify us every detail, as this religion is on clarity. Ameen.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

noraina
08-17-2016, 07:56 PM
Mufti A.H. Elias Style Fatwaa:

-----------

Question:

Question ID: 21681
when i was 16 i used to talk to a guy on phone. one day he called me on my number and a person which he said was a molvi asked me thrice if I accept him in my marriage and i said yes three times on phone. at that time I was alone, and i dont know anything about the other side of the phone that how many people were present, the speakers of phone were on or off, who was the person who asked me that, i dont know anything. i never signed any nikah nama. i met the guy 2,3 times after this incident but never formed relationship of husband and wife.
i know that whatever i did i wrong and a big sin, i soon repented, and completely stopped talking to that guy, i also started covering my face and started following islam completely.
its been 6 years now and today i am engaged to some one else. but i still doubt that i am in nikah of that guy. I dont know if it was a real nikah or a fake nikah
I want to ask that:
1) if it was a valid nikah?
2) can i marry now someone else without letting anyone know about my past? is it necessary to let my parents and my fiance know about whatever happened in my past?
if you can provide me with a reference of a hadees or qurani verse or any fatwah, it will free me from my suffering.
Ps: please note that i follow hanafi fiqh, so i request you to provide me answer in the light of hanafi school of thought if possible, i also request you to keep this question private
waiting for response.
May ALLAH give you reward.
JazakALLAH khair,
your sister

Answer:
AsalaamuAlaikum
1.) No.
2.) Yes.
3.) No.
Was-Salaams
Mufti Elias
twitter.com/Mufti_Elias
Wow that's really to the point - on many sites the fatwas given by muftis can be pages long to a one sentence question. I suppose he doesn't feel like he needs to delve into any of those background details.

But it does provide the answers, and has a unique style to it

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

Do dreams coming from oneself, i.e. desires/nafs, fall under the 3rd category? I.e. dreams about intimacy, where do these come from, the nafs, Shayateen/Jinn?

I wish I got a dream from Allah showing me guidance. may Allah :swt: grant us that. Ameen.

may Allah :swt: guide us to Tawheed and clarify us every detail, as this religion is on clarity. Ameen.

Dreams of intimacy are from the Nafs, so they are part of "Adhghaathu Ahlaam".

May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant all of us true dreams.

آمين يا رب العالمين

Earlier in this thread I quoted Imaam ibn Hajar al-`Asqalaani رحمة الله عليه on the method of acquiring true dreams. I'll post it again:

-----------

Haafiz ibn Hajar al-`Asqalaani رحمة الله عليه states in Fat-hul Baari that a person who wants to get true dreams should do the following:

1) Sleep with Wudhoo.

3) Recite Soorah ash-Shams, Soorah al-Layl, Soorah at-Teen, Soorah al-Ikhlaas, Soorah al-Falaq and Soorah an-Naas.

اللهم إني أعوذ بك من سيء الأحلام، وأستجيرك من تلاعب الشيطان في اليقظة والمنام، اللهم إني أسألك رؤيا صادقة نافعة حافظة غير منسية، اللهم أرني في منامي ما أحب

Allaahumma Innee A`oodhu Bika min Sayyi'il Ahlaam, wa Astajeeruka min Talaa`ub-ish-Shaytaan fil-Yaqazhati wal Manaam. Allaahumma Innee As'aluka Ru'yaa Saadiqah, Naafi`ah, Haafizhah, Ghayra Mansiyyah. Allaahumma Arinee fee Manaamee Maa Uhibbu.

(O Allaah, I seek protection in You from evil dreams, and I seek Your Protection from the playing of Shaytaan, both in wakefulness and in sleep. O Allaah, I ask You for dreams which are truthful, beneficial, remembered and not forgotten (after waking up). O Allaah, show me in my dreams that which I want to see.)

آمين يا رب العالمين

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wow that's really to the point - on many sites the fatwas given by muftis can be pages long to a one sentence question. I suppose he doesn't feel like he needs to delve into any of those background details.

But it does provide the answers, and has a unique style to it
There are three kinds of Fataawaa:

1) Long and detailed.

2) Extremely short and concise (like Mufti A.H. Elias).

3) Moderate length; enough details to be clearly understood and concise enough to not lose the person's attention.

Some of Mufti Elias's Fataawaa are so short that the people send a follow up question to clarify his Fatwaa. "Did you mean 'Yes, it's permissible.' or 'Yes, it's not permissible.'?" Mufti Elias's "Yes/No" answers are very often unclear to the questioner.

So the best is the third category. The middle path.

ReboundMuslimah
08-20-2016, 11:16 PM
These dreams interpreters take forever to reply!

Reminder
08-21-2016, 02:07 AM
I have seen Prophet Muhammad (SAW) twice in dreams.

As far as how I do not know... It just happened.

There may be a reason, I am unaware.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 12:38 PM
What did Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم look like in these dreams you had?

Regrets1
09-08-2016, 12:59 PM
Once I had a dream about the Prophet (peace be upon him) I was looking up the sky and Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam was behind a cloud..all I could see was his hand, the index finger pointing upwards.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Maashaa'Allaah, that is a wonderful dream to have had!

May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant all of us the bounty of seeing our beloved Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم in dreams every single night,

آمين يا رب العالمين

Umm Abed
09-08-2016, 02:17 PM
I think mostly when people see Rasulullah:arabic5: they dont see him directly but they just know its him. :saws1:. May Allah swt unite us with him.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-08-2016, 02:19 PM
آمين يا رب العالمين

And with all of his Sahaabah, and the Ambiyaa, and the people we love, Aameen.

500yardsoffo
09-23-2016, 02:34 PM
Aameen, yaa Akhi, wa Iyyaak (and for you the same).
Random question bro..hope u dont mind.. what does "dakheel Allah , sum a dakheel Allah" mean?

muslim brother
09-23-2016, 02:44 PM
a good series on dreams

Title A Series on Dream Interpretation

This is the first part of the series on dreams interpretation taught by Mufti Abdur-Rahman ibn Yusuf.

muslim brother
09-23-2016, 02:45 PM
its on youtube

i cant post links,new member

M.I.A.
09-23-2016, 02:56 PM
..I don't have dreams, I have nightmares.

whoever put me on this chair knows exactly where I am.

...Maybe one day we get to trade places.

*edit: actually I don't want to swap places.. I already know we are not the same.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-23-2016, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 500yardsoffo
Random question bro..hope u dont mind.. what does "dakheel Allah , sum a dakheel Allah" mean?

It's an expression in the dialect (`Aamiyyah) of Shaam (the Levant). Dakheel gives the meaning of "begging; pleading". They would say, "Ana Dakheelak." Meaning, "Please, I'm begging you." Hence, "Dakheel Allaah" would mean, "O Allaah, I am begging You."

They also use the term, "Dakheelak, Yaa Rabb!" (Please / I am begging You, O my Rabb!)

anatolian
09-23-2016, 03:50 PM
I saw the Prophet a.s. for 4 times and I saw Isa a.s. for one time but I am not sure if these were divine messages or just games of my mind...How can you be sure of that?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-23-2016, 03:52 PM
If the person you saw in the dream exactly fits the description of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم, then you know that you have seen him, because Shaytaan cannot take his form.

Study the Shamaa'il of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم and see if the description of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم matches what you saw in the dream.

M.I.A.
09-23-2016, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
I saw the Prophet a.s. for 4 times and I saw Isa a.s. for one time but I am not sure if these were divine messages or just games of my mind...How can you be sure of that?
...at least tell us what you remember of them! lol.

ReboundMuslimah
09-30-2016, 03:54 AM
I keep having dreams of my teeth falling this is the third time i have had this dream. hmm i don't know if i should be worried, Allah knows best.

Reminder
09-30-2016, 04:06 AM
What did Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم look like in these dreams you had?
He (pbuh) was shorter than the army soldiers.

I only saw from behind him (pbuh).

The most powerful man.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-30-2016, 09:23 AM
Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم was of medium height. He was neither short nor was he very tall.

Reminder
09-30-2016, 10:21 AM
No need to question me. I know it was him, without any doubts.

He looked to be shorter, about 5'7", or 5 feet 7 inches.

By current standards, it is far below average.

However, back then it was average.

We grow taller these days.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-30-2016, 12:34 PM
People haven't grown taller. People of this generation are shorter than the people of the previous generations. 5'7 is considered as "short", and Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم was not short.

5'11 is the average height.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-30-2016, 12:38 PM
We know that Shaytaan cannot come in the dream of a person in the form of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم. However, if a person does not know exactly what Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم looked like, then Shaytaan can assume the form of an Arab, come in the dream of a person and claim to be Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم. This person has not seen Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم and thus he would not know. That is why the `Ulamaa have said that the Shamaa'il should be studied thoroughly, so that we can get an exact idea of what Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم looked like.

Sahaabah were not short. There are narrations of some Romans coming to meet with Hadhrat `Umar ibn al-Khattaab رضي الله عنه, and he was far taller than them. Hadhrat `Umar رضي الله عنه was described as tall. So if that is tall, then 5'11" would more or less have been the average height.

والله أعلم

anatolian
09-30-2016, 12:50 PM
Average height changes from race to race. Nordic people tend to be taller and far eastern people tend to be shorter for example. I think it is about feelings. If Reminder feels that it was Him it is Him..Just my opinion..

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-30-2016, 01:06 PM
Yes, that is possible. But Arabs are not short, though. As a race. They are average height. They're not tall like certain races, but neither are they short.

Reminder
09-30-2016, 09:20 PM
People haven't grown taller. People of this generation are shorter than the people of the previous generations. 5'7 is considered as "short", and Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم was not short.

5'11 is the average height.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/54...ans-over-time/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...new-study.html

https://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/medimen.htm

As I had figured based on my dream, this research proves average height in the Middle Ages to be approximately 5 foot 7 or 8.

Anyway, I don't get what you are trying to say. Are you actually trying to suggest I didn't actually dream of our prophet (saw)?

I already told you, it was him (pbuh) 100%.

Whatever, believe what you want.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-30-2016, 09:33 PM
In "Nashrut Teeb", Hind ibn Abi Haalah describes Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم as being above average height.

Also, if 5'8" was the average height, then how would Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم have been 5'7"? Particularly if you take into consideration the narrations stating slightly above average height.

Reminder
09-30-2016, 09:40 PM
In "Nashrut Teeb", Hind ibn Abi Haalah describes Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم as being above average height.

Also, if 5'8" was the average height, then how would Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم have been 5'7"? Particularly if you take into consideration the narrations stating slightly above average height.
I already submitted proof that humans on average were 5 foot 7 or 8 in the Middles Ages. Most narrations describe him (pbuh) being average height (not above average). I saw him commanding an army, which naturally will be the tallest and strongest men of the time, therefore he looked quite shorter in comparison to them, and I guess about 5 foot 7 or 8, but definitely not shorter than 5 foot 7. And look at the studies, they are #1, #2 and #3 results on Google.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-30-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm not denying that you may have seen Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم in the dream. What I am saying is that 1) He was not short, 2) Certain `Ulamaa in their Kitaabs have brought narrations to show that he was above average height.

Reminder
09-30-2016, 10:01 PM
I'm not denying that you may have seen Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم in the dream. What I am saying is that 1) He was not short, 2) Certain `Ulamaa in their Kitaabs have brought narrations to show that he was above average height.
Maybe I should have mentioned before, I saw him (pbuh) commanding a brigade of 20-30 soldiers (not average citizens). He was noticeably shorter in comparison, however, army soldiers would naturally be taller and stronger on average. There is no doubt that it was him.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-30-2016, 10:08 PM
Possibly the people next to him were very tall. So, we shouldn't say that he was 5'7", for example. What if the people next to him were all 6'2, 6'3, etc? Then if he is 5'11 or 6'0", it will seem to be the average height in comparison to them.

Reminder
09-30-2016, 10:09 PM
In my second dream, he was also shorter.

I measure 5'11". Based on both dreams I say 5'9".

He looked short compared to the army, who are far taller.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-03-2016, 02:44 PM
If anyone else has had dreams, feel free to post them here, In Shaa Allaah.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-07-2016, 06:58 PM
حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو اليَمَانِ، أَخْبَرَنَا شُعَيْبٌ، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، حَدَّثَنِي سَعِيدُ بْنُ المُسَيِّبِ: أَنَّ أَبَا هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ: سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ، يَقُولُ: «لَمْ يَبْقَ مِنَ النُّبُوَّةِ إِلَّا المُبَشِّرَاتُ» قَالُوا: وَمَا المُبَشِّرَاتُ؟ قَالَ: «الرُّؤْيَا الصَّالِحَةُ

رواه البخاري

Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah رضي الله عنه said, "I heard Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم saying: "Nothing remains from Nubuwwah except the glad tidings." They (the Sahaabah) asked: "And what are the glad tidings?" He said, "The good dream." [Narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari.]

So we learn from this that the good dreams a Muslim has are glad-tidings from Allaah Ta`aalaa, so he should make Shukr to Allaah Ta`aalaa for them.

May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant all of us good dreams as glad-tidings,

آمين يا رب العالمين

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-08-2016, 04:14 PM
وَقَالَ ابْنُ عَوْنٍ: عَنِ ابْنِ سِيرِينَ: رُؤْيَا النَّهَارِ مِثْلُ رُؤْيَا اللَّيْلِ

Ibn `Awn narrates from Imaam ibn Seereen, who said, "The dream seen during the day is like the dream seen at night." [Narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari.]

Serinity
10-08-2016, 05:25 PM

I usually forget mine. So yeah.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-08-2016, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

I usually forget mine. So yeah.

Do this:

1) Sleep with Wudhoo.

Allaahumma Innee A`oodhu Bika min Sayyi'il Ahlaam, wa Astajeeruka min Talaa`ub-ish-Shaytaan fil-Yaqazhati wal Manaam. Allaahumma Innee As'aluka Ru'yaa Saadiqah, Naafi`ah, Haafizhah, Ghayra Mansiyyah. Allaahumma Arinee fee Manaamee Maa Uhibbu

آمين يا رب العالمين

If you do this with Ikhlaas and Istiqaamah, In Shaa Allaah, Allaah Ta`aalaa will grant you true dreams as glad-tidings, and you won't forget them.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-09-2016, 06:51 PM
حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدَانُ، أَخْبَرَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ، أَخْبَرَنَا يُونُسُ، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، أَخْبَرَنِي حَمْزَةُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ: أَنَّ ابْنَ عُمَرَ، قَالَ: سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ، يَقُولُ: «بَيْنَا أَنَا نَائِمٌ أُتِيتُ بِقَدَحِ لَبَنٍ، فَشَرِبْتُ مِنْهُ، حَتَّى إِنِّي لَأَرَى الرِّيَّ يَخْرُجُ مِنْ أَظْفَارِي، ثُمَّ أَعْطَيْتُ فَضْلِي - يَعْنِي - عُمَرَ» قَالُوا: فَمَا أَوَّلْتَهُ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ؟ قَالَ: «العِلْمَ

Hadhrat `Abdullaah ibn `Umar رضي الله عنهما narrates: "I heard Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم saying: "While I was sleeping, I was presented (in the dream) with a container of milk, so I drank from it until I saw it flowing in my fingernails. Thereafter, I gave what remained to `Umar." They (the Sahaabah) asked, "How do you interpret it, Yaa Rasoolallaah?" He said, "`Ilm." [Narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari.]

We learn from this Hadeeth that seeing milk in a dream signifies `Ilm (Knowledge of Deen).

والله تعالى أعلم

Kiro
10-12-2016, 01:41 PM
What is the wisdom of someone making dua of seeing Prophet :saws1: and not seeing? Is it because Allah wants you to keep making that dua?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Seeing the beloved of Allaah Ta`aalaa in a dream (and all such dreams are true dreams) is a Gift given only to those fortunate enough to be chosen for it by Allaah Ta`aalaa. We make Du`aa for it, but are we deserving of it? How much Durood do we send upon him? When we love Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم enough, In Shaa Allaah, we will be given the gift of seeing him in our dreams.

See this clip of Shaykh Muhammad Hassaan, of Egypt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nejvyx7-b_g

Born_Believer
10-12-2016, 02:37 PM
We know that Shaytaan cannot come in the dream of a person in the form of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم. However, if a person does not know exactly what Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم looked like, then Shaytaan can assume the form of an Arab, come in the dream of a person and claim to be Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم. This person has not seen Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم and thus he would not know. That is why the `Ulamaa have said that the Shamaa'il should be studied thoroughly, so that we can get an exact idea of what Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم looked like.

Sahaabah were not short. There are narrations of some Romans coming to meet with Hadhrat `Umar ibn al-Khattaab رضي الله عنه, and he was far taller than them. Hadhrat `Umar رضي الله عنه was described as tall. So if that is tall, then 5'11" would more or less have been the average height.

والله أعلم
what sources have you got this information from? which ulamah have said that Shaytaan can come and pretend to be rasoolullah PBUH ?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-12-2016, 04:05 PM
Read:

https://islamqa.info/en/23367

noraina
10-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

I'm a vivid dreamer - I'm a creative person and I tend to have lots of dreams and remember them *very* well. Sometimes I can have two or three in a night.

Although I don't take much from them, they're utter nonsense and don't make a word of sense even to me, lol. Alhamdulillah, I've never had nightmares, but my dreams are extremely mixed-up.

Zeal
10-13-2016, 05:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Assalamu alaykum,

I'm a vivid dreamer - I'm a creative person and I tend to have lots of dreams and remember them *very* well. Sometimes I can have two or three in a night.

Although I don't take much from them, they're utter nonsense and don't make a word of sense even to me, lol. Alhamdulillah, I've never had nightmares, but my dreams are extremely mixed-up.
How is that possible I almost never ever have dreams Allahumma barik

muslim brother
10-13-2016, 08:19 PM
in the u.k you can contact hazrat shaykh yusuf motala of bury darul uloom for dream interpretation.

dream interpretations are specific.
and 2 people can have identical dreams but both with different meanings.

M.I.A.
10-14-2016, 01:18 PM
that guy is not too far from me.. although i dont need big slaps so maybe some other time.

this morning i had a dream..

two contestants on a buzzer gameshow..

one had over a thousand points.. maybe ten thousand.. i aint that quick.

and the other guy had 55..

annoyingly the guy with 55 had my username :/

annoying as hell.

i am obviously having a bad day.

should have prayed more.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
10-15-2016, 02:12 PM
The `Ulamaa have advised that a person shouldn't overeat before sleeping, otherwise his dreams will be messed up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.