/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Islamia2k
08-10-2016, 05:55 AM
Salamualakum!
I'm the type of person who thinks about and questions everything. I stay up like all night and just ponder about the world. Sometimes I think of questions about Islam, which I think are too deep for my understanding. Such as how does Allah swt actually exist, and how is He swt everywhere. My mom's told me to not think too deeply in Islam, because we aren't supposed to question Islam. I can't help but think about everything. Sometimes I ponder why are there many religions who worship the same God? Can't everyone unite under one religion? It just really confuses me. And i'm really scared sometimes from my thoughts. I always end up thinking whether Islam is the right religion. There are so many religions out there, so is Islam really the true one? All religions believe that their's the true one, so which one is the actual true oneThese question really frighten me and keep me up at night. What should I do??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
08-10-2016, 06:05 AM
:wa:

try to learn about Islam from scholars . When u study enough , then u may read holy books of other religions to compare . In my case , when i read Old and new testaments and read writings of ex hindus , i loved Islam more and more . Because of media propaganda against Islam , earlier i thought Islam started polygamy , slavery , war etc etc .

I had no idea what other books tell about these . Also , other holy books are full of horrible stories , hardly find anything to learn from those as those books are edited , altered by men time to time .

So , when u study correctly , u will In sha Allah understand how beautiful Islam is.

May Allah strengthen you and us in knowledge and faith .

Abz2000
08-10-2016, 07:23 AM
The more you study and learn, the more you'll understand that Allah is the Most Wise, Capable, Merciful and Just, and that He's on the side of those who want to be just and walk along the right path.
Islam is the way of life prescribed since before the beginning of creation and has been followed by ALL prophets (pbut) and Muhammad (pbuh) happens to be the final messenger in that building (comparable to the final brick in the construction) whom people were awaiting for a long long time, people were waiting in eager anticipation for the Prophet who would bring the perfected shariah and were asking about him in the time of Yahya (John the baptist) and the first coming of Messiah 'Eesa son of Mary (Jesus) (pbut), the indications of this can be seen in multiple places of what remains of the previous scripture and people referred to him as "the Prophet" "that Prophet" and "that Prophet that should come into the world" despite so many prophets mentioned in the previous scripture, here are a few examples indicating that they were still anticipating the Prophet even during the first coming of Jesus (pbum).

19Now this was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was.*
20He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely,
“I am not the Messiah.”
21They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?”
He said, “I am not.”
“Are you the Prophet?”
He answered, “No.”22Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?”23John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’ "

Repeats of verse 20 & 21 in various english translations:

King James Bible
And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.
And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias?
And he saith, I am not.
Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

New Living Translation
He came right out and said, "I am not the Messiah."
"Well then, who are you?" they asked. "Are you Elijah?" "No," he replied.
"Are you the Prophet we are expecting?" "No."

Ok, let's move on from John to Jesus and see what people were saying:

37On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice,*“Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.
38Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”
39By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.
40 On hearing his words, some of the people said, “Surely this man is the Prophet.”
41Others said, “He is the Messiah.”Still others asked, “How can the Messiah come from Galilee?

42Does not Scripture say that the Messiah will come from David’s descendants and from Bethlehem, the town where David lived?”
43Thus the people were divided because of Jesus.*
44Some wanted to seize him, but no one laid a hand on him.

From John 7

14After the people saw the sign Jesus performed, they began to say, “Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world.”
15. Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself.

6:14

Then one wonders, when certain people make movies such as Jesus of Nazareth, why they become apprehensive when it comes to mentioning the interview of john, and begin to change the recitation and ask gibberish questions......
Allah explains it in the final Book, the Quran:

40.*O Children of Israel! call to mind the (special) favour which I bestowed upon you, and fulfil your covenant with Me as I fulfil My Covenant with you, and fear none but Me.
41.*And believe in what I reveal, confirming the revelation which is with you, and be not the first to reject Faith therein, nor sell My Signs for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone.
42.*And cover not Truth with falsehood, nor conceal the Truth when ye know (what it is).

76.*Behold! when they meet those who believe, they say: "We believe":
But when they meet each other in private, they say: "Shall you tell them what Allah hath revealed to you, that they may engage you in argument about it before your Lord?"- Do ye not understand?
77.*Know they not that Allah knoweth what they conceal and what they reveal?
78.*And there are among them illiterates, who know not the Book, but (see therein their own) desires, and they do nothing but conjecture.
79.*Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.

88.*They say, "Our hearts are the wrappings (which preserve Allah's Word: we need no more)."
Nay, Allah.s curse is on them for their blasphemy: Little is it they believe.
89.*And when there comes to them a Book from Allah, confirming what is with them,- although from of old they had prayed for victory against those without Faith,- when there comes to them that which they (should) have recognised, they refuse to believe in it but the curse of Allah is on those without Faith.
90.*Miserable is the price for which they have sold their souls, in that they deny (the revelation) which Allah has sent down, in insolent envy that Allah of His Grace should send it to any of His servants He pleases: Thus have they drawn on themselves Wrath upon Wrath. And humiliating is the punishment of those who reject Faith.
91.*When it is said to them, "Believe in what Allah Hath sent down, "they say, "We believe in what was sent down to us:" yet they reject all besides, even if it be Truth confirming what is with them. Say: "Why then have ye slain the prophets of Allah in times gone by, if ye did indeed believe?"

From Quran, chapter 2, Al Baqarah.

Regarding the conjecture claiming that Jesus (pbum) is God (i seek refuge in Allah), there appears to remain a clear final statement in the previous scripture itself:
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father.
Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

John 20:17

Does the above say "i am God" ? Does it say "i am God's only begotten son"?

Think.
17As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18“Why do you call me good?”Jesus answered.*“No one is good—except God alone.*

19You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.’*”

Is a clear distinction being made between the person in question and God?
Think.

157.*"Those who follow the messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the Tawraat and the Injeel ;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper."
158. Say: "O mankind! I am sent unto you all, as the Messenger of Allah, to Whom belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth: there is no god but He: it is He That giveth both life and death. So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the Unlettered Prophet, who believeth in Allah and His words: follow him that (so) ye may be guided."

From Quran Chapter 8, Al A'raaf.

Think.

I bear witness that there is no god except Allah, and i bear witness that Muhammad (pbuh) is indeed the final messenger of Allah.

Reminder
08-10-2016, 01:09 PM
The only thing that matters is do you believe in Muhammad (PBUH) as a prophet.

If you believe yes, that the events which he says will come to pass are true, then there is nothing more to think about.

If you do NOT think he (PBUH) is a prophet, then you are likely a Christian, Jew or something else.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
08-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Alongside the fact that Muhammad (pbuh) is the Messenger of Allah which is amongst the determining factors of success in this world and in the hereafter, since none can achieve salvation by denying any messenger of Allah, our success also depends on trying to know Allah, obeying Him to the best of our reasonable abilities, seeking to please Allah in our innermost selves, and establishing Islam, the way of life that He has chosen in ourselves, our families, and our communities to the best of our abilities.
Allah has shown us the true and correct path, we accept it and we are successful, and seek refuge with Allah from rejecting Allah's chosen path Islam - since rejection of Allah is the cause of loss and destruction in this world, and in eternity, and we must do our best to avoid rejecting Allah, His messengers and His guidance even accidentally.

Allah knows if that sounded a little repetitive but just felt the need to clarify and articulate whilst avoiding leaving gaps for the enemy of Allah Iblees to steal from and pervert.

كتاب الجمعة7The Book of Prayer - Friday(13)
Chapter: Keeping the prayer and khutbah short(13)باب تَخْفِيفِ الصَّلاَةِ وَالْخُطْبَةِ ‏'

'Adi b. Hatim reported:that a person recited a sermon before the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) thus:
He who obeys Allah and His Apostle, he in fact follows the right path, and he who disobeys both of them, he goes astray.
Upon this the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: What a bad speaker you are; say:
He who disobeys Allah and His Apostle. Ibn Numair added: He in fact went astray.

.حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ نُمَيْرٍ، قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا وَكِيعٌ، عَنْ سُفْيَانَ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ بْنِ رُفَيْعٍ، عَنْ تَمِيمِ بْنِ طَرَفَةَ، عَنْ عَدِيِّ بْنِ حَاتِمٍ، أَنَّ رَجُلاً، خَطَبَ عِنْدَ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ مَنْ يُطِعِ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ فَقَدْ رَشِدَ وَمَنْ يَعْصِهِمَا فَقَدْ غَوَى ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏*"‏ بِئْسَ الْخَطِيبُ أَنْتَ ‏.‏ قُلْ وَمَنْ يَعْصِ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ نُمَيْرٍ فَقَدْ غَوِيَ ‏.

‏Reference*:*Sahih Muslim 870
In-book reference*:*Book 7, Hadith 60
USC-MSA web (English) reference*: Book 4, Hadith 1890**(deprecated numbering scheme)

http://sunnah.com/muslim/7/60

sأَخْبَرَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، قَالَ أَنْبَأَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ، عَنْ تَمِيمِ بْنِ طَرَفَةَ، عَنْ عَدِيِّ بْن
حَاتِمٍ، قَالَ تَشَهَّدَ رَجُلاَنِ عِنْدَ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ أَحَدُهُمَا مَنْ يُطِعِ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ فَقَدْ رَشَدَ وَمَنْ يَعْصِهِمَا فَقَدْ غَوَى ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ بِئْسَ الْخَطِيبُ أَنْتَ ‏"

Sunan an-Nasa'i - Book 26, Hadith 84

It was narrated that 'Adiyy bin Hatim said:
"Two men recited a Tashahhud before the Prophet and one of them said: 'Whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger has been guided aright and whoever disobeys them has gone astray.'
The Messenger of Allah said: 'What a bad speaker you are!'"

Other references
English translation Vol. 4, Book 26, Hadith 3281
In-book referenceBook 26, Hadith 84
Reference Sunan an-Nasa'i 3279*

Appears that iblees (like saamiri) is ready to stoop to the level of taking a tiny bit of dust from the traces of a khutbah and perverting it so a believer does good to be careful to articulate and expound for the sake of clarity.

Umm Malik
08-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Sister ... when you ask like this question about the existence of Allah while you don't have enough learning about Islam it can make you confuse bug when learn more and read the Quran more and follow Allah's advice .. after that you will know allah and every moment in your life will be as a proof from allah
If you look at the creation of Allah and What allah tells us about many in the Quran you will know that allah is the creator and we need him in every moment in life
Don't flow the atheist thinking because the human can't be live without religion
But you know ... they also worshiper ... but the worship them server and them logic ... but every one of us know that our head is not perfect so we can't know everything by it ...
Sister when those things come to your head say (( ( 3 ) He is the First and the Last, the Ascendant and the Intimate, and He is, of all things, Knowing.)) Read it in Arabic like this {هُوَ الْأَوَّلُ وَالْآخِرُ وَالظَّاهِرُ وَالْبَاطِنُ ۖ وَهُوَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ** [الحديد : 3]
And say (( allah, allahu rabbi la ushriku bihi shayaan )) allah, allah is my lord .. I don't associate nothing with him " الله، الله ربي ... لا أشرك به شيئا "
And open the Quran and let your lord advice you
Make a lot of istighfar and a lot of istiadah aoudu billahi mina shaytani rajeem

Sister associating in Allah is the major sin in Islam
Please don't prohibited your self from jannah
Make research, learn about religious , but don't lost your Islam
And in the end if all this you will know that you are in the correct religion and you belive in the true God
May Allah help you sister

Abz2000
08-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Let us also bear in mind that some people come to Islam via their questioning,
Maybe the questioning is a sign that the sister has begun to think about her existence,
may Allah guide us,
What you wrote is for each person to try and make sense of with sincerity and wisdom and being true to themselves and to others, i know you almost always apologise for your grammar and your efforts for Allah's sake are appreciated inshaAllah: )
just a little grammatical correction which is essential lol, instead of "i don't associate nothing with Him" laa ushriku bihi shay-an means "i don't associate ANYTHING with Him" :)
when you say "i aint done nothing" it reads "i did something" lol

I used to teach english to future would be/may be "british citizens" (if they got through immigration lol) when i was younger so it really tickles me when i see stuff like that.
Please fix it :giggling:

Islamia2k
08-12-2016, 05:56 AM
JazakAllah for everyone for your wonderful advice. Especially Abz2000. I haven't realized how much information I can learn through the Quran, until I read your reply. I've realized that I should be reading the Quran in translation so I should get a better understanding of Islam so I won't be confused with so many questions I'm having.

Afif Rusli
08-15-2016, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamia2k
Salamualakum!
I'm the type of person who thinks about and questions everything. I stay up like all night and just ponder about the world. Sometimes I think of questions about Islam, which I think are too deep for my understanding. Such as how does Allah swt actually exist, and how is He swt everywhere. My mom's told me to not think too deeply in Islam, because we aren't supposed to question Islam. I can't help but think about everything. Sometimes I ponder why are there many religions who worship the same God? Can't everyone unite under one religion? It just really confuses me. And i'm really scared sometimes from my thoughts. I always end up thinking whether Islam is the right religion. There are so many religions out there, so is Islam really the true one? All religions believe that their's the true one, so which one is the actual true oneThese question really frighten me and keep me up at night. What should I do??
When you question do not transgress the limit. Cause then you would be astray. Some people are so into questioning they forgot and seek to destroy knowledge and believing that they know god. How one can be so blind about matters of faith. This is why you should trust The Most Merciful which is Allah SWT.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.