/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to whiten linen

Umm Abed
08-11-2016, 12:44 PM
Salam;

Any idea or ways on how to whiten white linen? Ive got some aged sheets and pillowcases which have gone off colour over time, what can I use to whiten them and spruce them up again?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
08-14-2016, 05:49 PM
No solution?

I think we're doomed to have stained white linens:lol:.

If I ever come up with a solution I will let you know:D.

Aisha
08-14-2016, 06:08 PM
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Bleach. Used to work quite well for our all-white uniforms at boarding school!
We'd soak them overnight.

Scimitar
08-14-2016, 07:00 PM
Baking powder too,

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
08-14-2016, 07:31 PM

baking soda method. I wouldn't use bleach, it may contribute to the yellowing of linen.

And this link: http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/info/...r-linens-white

Scimi

Umm Abed
08-15-2016, 11:20 AM
Good tips, I also feel that bleach could set stains in, bleach doesnt take out every mark, but will be good in certain instances like how Aisha said, and then we do get those old, rust-type marks, not sure what they are, but looks like it can be removed by a concoction such as this. Thanks.

sister herb
08-15-2016, 04:33 PM
The old way to whiten linen was to keep it at the sunshine. Nowadays people use bleach to save time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!