/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Repentace for waswas?

mezzi_sohal
08-14-2016, 06:05 AM
I've been plagued with waswas for ages...some thoughts are shirk. I do not believe the waswas for a second, but it still keeps playing on my mind. My mother says to ignore it, and a lot of people on the Internet seem to agree. My question is do I just ignore waswas or try and repent for it? Will I go to hell for just forgetting about it instead of reassuring myself I don't believe it? If I do need to repent, how?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
drac16
08-14-2016, 08:30 AM
Salam alaykum

All throughout the Qur'an, Allah punishes people, but He only does so after they commit bad deeds. He holds them accountable for their actions. If these whispers are happening against your will, Allah will not hold you accountable. Only if you commit those acts of shirk will God hold you accountable (either in this life or in the next). I've been hearing a lot of whispers to worship the hindu God Krishna, but I seek refuge from Shaytan and try to think on something else. Next time you hear a whisper about committing shirk, say "Audhu billahi mina Shaytan ar rejeem" and focus your mind on something else.

eesa the kiwi
08-14-2016, 08:32 AM
the more you dwell on it the worse it will get so by ignoring it you are actively working towards reducing it if that made sense

you wont be held accountable for waswas in fact it is a sign of iman so say Alhamdulillah because the devil doesnt bother so much with a ruined house so the fact the shaitaan is putting so much effort into you shows khair in your heart inshaallah

barak Allah fiq

talibilm
08-14-2016, 09:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mezzi_sohal
I've been plagued with waswas for ages...some thoughts are shirk. I do not believe the waswas for a second, but it still keeps playing on my mind. My mother says to ignore it, and a lot of people on the Internet seem to agree. My question is do I just ignore waswas or try and repent for it? Will I go to hell for just forgetting about it instead of reassuring myself I don't believe it? If I do need to repent, how?
:sl:

Some of the Sahaabah complained about the waswaas that was bothering them. Some of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said to him,‘We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Are you really having such thoughts?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’” (Narrated by Muslim). (Narrated by Muslim, 132 from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah).

Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on this hadeeth (narration): “The Prophet’s words, ‘That is a clear sign of faith’ means, the factthat think of this waswaas as something terrible is a clear sign of faith, for if you dare not utter it and you are so afraid of it and of speaking of it, let alone believing it, this is the sign of one who has achieved perfect faith and who is free of doubt.”

And it was said that what it means is that the Shaytaan only whispers to those whom he despairs of tempting, because he is unable to tempt them. As for the kaafir (non-Muslim), he can approach him in any manner he wants and is not restricted to waswaas, rather he can play with him however he wants. Based on this, what the hadeeth means is that the cause of waswaas is pure faith, or that waswaas is a sign of pure faith. See also question no. 12315

The fact that you hate that and your heart recoils from it is a clear sign of faith. Waswaas happens to everyone who turns to Allaah by reciting dhikr etc. It is inevitable, but you have to be steadfast and patient, and persevere with your dhikr and prayer, and not give up, because in this way you will ward off the plot of the Shaytaan. “Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaytaan”[al-Nisa’ 4:76 – interpretation of the meaning]. Every time a person wants to turn to Allaah, waswaas brings other matters to mind. The Shaytaan is like a bandit: every time a person wants to move towards Allaah, he wants to block the way. Hence when it was said to one of the salaf that the Jews and Christians say, “We do not experience waswaas,” he said, “They are speaking the truth, for what would the Shaytaan do with a house in ruins?”

(From Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/608).

The remedy:

1 – If you feel that you are being affected by this waswaas, say, “Aamantu Billaahi wa Rasoolihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger).” It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan comes to one of you and says, ‘Who created you?’ And he says ‘Allaah.’ Then the Shaytaan says, ‘Who created Allaah?’ If that happens to any one of you, let him say, Aamantu Billaahi wa Rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger). Then that will go away from him.”

(Narrated by Ahmad, 25671; classed as hasan (sound)by al-Albaani in al-Saheehah, 116).

2 – Try to stop thinking about that as much as possible, and keep busy with things that will distract you from it. Finally we advise you to keep on turning to Allaah in all situations, and to ask Him for help, and to beseech Him, and to ask Him to make you steadfast until death, and to cause you to die doing righteous deeds…

And Allaah knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Malik
08-15-2016, 09:18 PM
The more you say adkar especially ayatu lkursiy and alikhlas alfalak Annas
And la ilaha illa lah wahdahu la sharika lah, lahu lmulku walahu lhamd WA huwa Ala kulli shayin kadir 100 times the more all that things will get out from your mind
Also avoid thinking of it .. and know that this is a sign of Iman
And just say aouthu billahi Mina shaytani rajim

When you have this thinking say Allah , Allahu rabi ... la iushriku bihi shayaan
Allah , Allah is my lord I don't associate nothing with him
And say this verse* {هُوَ الْأَوَّلُ وَالْآخِرُ وَالظَّاهِرُ وَالْبَاطِنُ ۖ وَهُوَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ** [الحديد : 3]
( 3 ) He is the First and the Last, the Ascendant and the Intimate, and He is, of all things, Knowing.

( 3 )** He is the First and the Last, the Ascendant and the Intimate, and He is, of all things, Knowing.

Afif Rusli
08-15-2016, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mezzi_sohal

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Allah has forgiven my followers the evil thoughts that occur to their minds, as long as such thoughts are not put into action or uttered." And Qatada said, "If someone divorces his wife just in his mind, such an unuttered divorce has no effect.

Sahih Al-Bukhari 5269

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.