/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 6 Reasons why a Muslim should be truthful

hend.abuauf
08-15-2016, 09:48 AM
  1. The first and main important reason why a Muslim should be truthful is that Allah ordered us to tell the truth and to abandon lying. Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘You must be truthful, for truthfulness leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to Paradise. A man will keep speaking the truth and striving to speak the truth until he will be recorded with Allaah as a siddeeq (speaker of the truth). Beware of telling lies, for lying leads to immorality and immorality leads to Hellfire. A man will keep telling lies and striving to tell lies until he is recorded with Allaah as a liar.” (Muslim). This Hadith indicates that being truthful will lead to good deeds and being a liar will lead to doing sins. This point will lead us to reason number two.
  2. If you lied, you will be able to do any other sin as the prophet had said in the previous Hadith. Lying will lead to do grave sins and then lie about it. Also being truthful includes being truthful towards Allah and sincere. If you are not sincere with Allah, you will dare to do grave sins, because being sincere with Allah is what makes you aware of Allah’s awareness. A Mu’men can’t be a liar as Safwan ibn Sulaym said, “The Messenger of Allah, May Allah bless him and grant him peace, was asked, ‘Can the mumin be a coward?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ He was asked, ‘Can the mumin be a miser?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ He was asked, ‘Can the mumin be a liar?’ He said, ‘No.’ “. Why a mu’men can be a liar? Because if he lied, he will do any other sin and say that he didn’t do it. If he lied to people, he will then lie on himself and so he will lie on Allah. Lying on Allah will lead him to do grave sins.
  3. Allah told us how much lying is grave. The prophet peace be upon him said that lying is from the signs of hypocrites. Abu Hurairah (RAA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah said:“There are three signs of a hypocrite: when he speaks, he tells lies; when he makes a promise, he breaks it; and when he is entrusted, he betrays his trust.”. This Hadith indicates that lying leads also to hypocrisy. Hypocrites say what is not real and show what is untrue, so lying leads to hypocrisy. Doing whatever you like and saying what is not true.
  4. Having good manners will change what people think about Islam. So when you speak the truth, this will give a good indication to people about Islam.
  5. Speaking the truth makes you trustworthy. People will trust you and will respect you. When you lie, people will always doubt what you say. They will not like dealing with you as you are not trustful. In your work if you always tell the truth, even in grave situations, your coworkers will trust you and they will know that Islam teaches Muslims to always say the truth even if it may hurt them.
  6. Lying to people hurts them. And Islam is a religion that is based on peace and love between people. Lying leads to the corruption of the society, as people will not trust each other. They will hate each other because if someone lied to someone and the person discovered this lie, however small this lie is, he will be hurt and so he will hate and un-trust the liar, and so the society will be corrupted.

These are 6 reasons that you may have as an intention when you tell the truth. May Allah accept from you and us. Comment an action that you see it is a way to change the Islam image without speaking.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Akhi_Umar
08-15-2016, 10:41 AM
:sl:

Ameen

:jz:

hend.abuauf
08-15-2016, 10:45 AM
جزاني وإياك

M.I.A.
08-15-2016, 01:36 PM
rejoice in telling the truth? ..even if you do use it to hurt people?

no action should be fair seeming to people.

but yes, some people will keep doing as they do until told to be otherwise.

...after hearing most people speak, I wouldn't mind if they were lying.

we should be at war with those that read the wrong thing I suppose.

asalaam alaiqum.

and turn an ignorant cheek towards it i guess.

fortunately God knows better than me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hend.abuauf
08-15-2016, 01:45 PM
You shouldn't hurt others but you shouldn't lie also. A muslim has to be smart, he should know what he should say and when and how to say it without hurting others

This truth may hurt him like if he did something wrong but it is better than lying

Lying is not acceptable in anyway in islam except in certain cases as in case of war or so but not general

There is a big difference between being truthful and being rude. A muslim should be truthful but not rude

M.I.A.
08-15-2016, 03:00 PM
big car fan.

...then the cars got big.

now I'm not a car fan.

glad i didnt pick horses.

Umm Malik
08-15-2016, 03:07 PM
Yes sister
That's true !
If we don't have anything about telling lie but this hadith
Is enough for us to be truthful
Can the mumin be a coward?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ He was asked, ‘Can the mumin be a miser?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ He was asked, ‘Can the mumin be a liar?’ He said, ‘No.’ “.

Jazaki Lau khayran

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.