/* */

PDA

View Full Version : shirk thoughts as I am falling asleep?

mezzi_sohal
08-16-2016, 12:06 AM
I am getting thoughts which are related to shirk. I know shaytan is causing this, but these thoughts occur worst just as I am falling asleep. For this reason, just as I keep waking myself up as I drift off bexause I fear I will be punished for these thoughts shautan is putting in my mind. Is is permissable to ignore thses thoughts and just go to sleep or lust I keep waking up to repent?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aaqib
08-16-2016, 12:06 AM
Do dhikr

islamirama
08-16-2016, 01:35 AM
as'salaamu alaikum,

You do not get punished for your thoughts. Recite ayatul kursi and the 3 quls and go to sleep.

Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, relating from his Lord, may He be glorified and exalted: “Allah decreed good deeds and bad deeds, then He explained that. Whoever thinks of doing a good deed then does not do it, Allah will write it down as one complete good deed. If he thinks of doing a good deed and then does it, Allah [may He be glorified and exalted] will write it down between ten and seven hundred fold, or many more. If he thinks of doing a bad deed then he does not do it, Allah will write it down as one complete good deed, and if he thinks of it then does it, Allah will write it down as one bad deed.”

Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, will forgive my ummah for whatever crosses their minds so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.”

more @ https://islamqa.info/en/99324

Afif Rusli
08-16-2016, 01:56 AM
Recite Surah Al-Kafirun

Farwah bin Nawfal (ra) narrated that:

He came to the Prophet (ﷺ) and said: “O Messenger of Allah, teach me something that I may say when I go to my bed.” So he said: “Recite: Say: ‘O you disbelievers’ for verily it is a disavowal of Shirk.” Shu`bah said: “Sometimes he would say: ‘One time’ and sometime he would not say it.” (Another chain) from Farwah bin Nawfal, from his father: "That he came to the Prophet (ﷺ)" then he mentioned similar in meaning. And this is more correct. [Abu `Eisa said:] And Zubair reported this hadith from Ishaq, from Farwah bin Nawfal, from his father from the Prophet (ﷺ), with similar wording. This is more appropriate and more correct than the narration of Shu`bah. The companions of Abu Ishaq were confused in the narration of this hadith. This hadith has been reported through routes other than this. `Abdur-Rahman is the brother of Farwah bin Nawfal.

Grade: Hasan(Darrusalam)

Jami' At-Tirmidhi 3403

Recite the last two verses of Surah Baqarah

Narrated Abu Mas'ud:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "If somebody recited the last two Verses of Surat Al-Baqara at night, that will be sufficient for him."

Sahih Al-Bukhari 5009

Recite Ayatul Kursi

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ordered me to guard the Zakat revenue of Ramadan. Then somebody came to me and started stealing from the foodstuff. I caught him and said, "I will take you to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)!" Then Abu Huraira described the whole narration and said: That person said (to me), "(Please don't take me to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and I will tell you a few words by which Allah will benefit you.) When you go to your bed, recite Ayat-al-Kursi, (2.255) for then there will be a guard from Allah who will protect you all night long, and Satan will not be able to come near you till dawn." (When the Prophet (ﷺ) heard the story) he said (to me), "He (who came to you at night) told you the truth although he is a liar; and it was Satan."

Sahih Al-Bukhari 5010

Recite Surat Al-Ikhlas, Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas, cup your hands blow into it. And do this another 2 more times. Total 3 times.

Narrated 'Aisha:

Whenever the Prophet (ﷺ) went to bed every night, he used to cup his hands together and blow over it after reciting Surat Al-Ikhlas, Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas, and then rub his hands over whatever parts of his body he was able to rub, starting with his head, face and front of his body. He used to do that three times.

Sahih Al-Bukhari 5017

if you cant read arabic i can give you the transliteration. for the verses and surah mentioned above.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Afif Rusli
08-16-2016, 01:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afif Rusli
Recite Surah Al-Kafirun

Farwah bin Nawfal (ra) narrated that:

He came to the Prophet (ﷺ) and said: “O Messenger of Allah, teach me something that I may say when I go to my bed.” So he said: “Recite: Say: ‘O you disbelievers’ for verily it is a disavowal of Shirk.” Shu`bah said: “Sometimes he would say: ‘One time’ and sometime he would not say it.” (Another chain) from Farwah bin Nawfal, from his father: "That he came to the Prophet (ﷺ)" then he mentioned similar in meaning. And this is more correct. [Abu `Eisa said:] And Zubair reported this hadith from Ishaq, from Farwah bin Nawfal, from his father from the Prophet (ﷺ), with similar wording. This is more appropriate and more correct than the narration of Shu`bah. The companions of Abu Ishaq were confused in the narration of this hadith. This hadith has been reported through routes other than this. `Abdur-Rahman is the brother of Farwah bin Nawfal.

Grade: Hasan(Darrusalam)

Jami' At-Tirmidhi 3403

Recite the last two verses of Surah Baqarah

Narrated Abu Mas'ud:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "If somebody recited the last two Verses of Surat Al-Baqara at night, that will be sufficient for him."

Sahih Al-Bukhari 5009

Recite Ayatul Kursi

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ordered me to guard the Zakat revenue of Ramadan. Then somebody came to me and started stealing from the foodstuff. I caught him and said, "I will take you to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)!" Then Abu Huraira described the whole narration and said: That person said (to me), "(Please don't take me to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and I will tell you a few words by which Allah will benefit you.) When you go to your bed, recite Ayat-al-Kursi, (2.255) for then there will be a guard from Allah who will protect you all night long, and Satan will not be able to come near you till dawn." (When the Prophet (ﷺ) heard the story) he said (to me), "He (who came to you at night) told you the truth although he is a liar; and it was Satan."

Sahih Al-Bukhari 5010

Recite Surat Al-Ikhlas, Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas, cup your hands blow into it and rub all over your body. And do this another 2 more times. Total 3 times.

Narrated 'Aisha:

Whenever the Prophet (ﷺ) went to bed every night, he used to cup his hands together and blow over it after reciting Surat Al-Ikhlas, Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas, and then rub his hands over whatever parts of his body he was able to rub, starting with his head, face and front of his body. He used to do that three times.

Sahih Al-Bukhari 5017

if you cant read arabic i can give you the transliteration. for the verses and surah mentioned above.
Sorry let me explain it in more clearer detail and make it easier to understand.

Recite Surat Al-Ikhlas, Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas, cup your hands blow into it, starting with head, face then infront of body, not neccessarily you have to rub your head, face and front of body in places you cant reach, obviously of clothes, start from the top to the bottom and rub the places of your body that you are able to rub. And do this another 2 more times. Total 3 times. Jazakllah khair.

Afif Rusli
08-16-2016, 02:08 AM
Post Deleted.

Ms.ashiqkhaan
08-17-2016, 01:38 PM
You are a mumin

its shaytan mocking at you

say Syrah kafiiruun

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 02:10 PM
As long as the thoughts are not volitional, ignore them and sleep.

Try to be in a state of Wudhoo at all times. Wudhoo is the shield of a Mu'min against Shaytaan. You will find that when you have Wudhoo, all Waswaas and stuff like that diminish or disappear, In Shaa Allaah.

Try to be in a state of Wudhoo when going to bed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.