/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this shirk?

mezzi_sohal
08-16-2016, 12:16 PM
Whenever I try to focus on Allah, during salah or not, a totally irrelevant person comes to mind. It really irritates me - I just want to focus on my Lord and remain undisturbed. I have tried to repent many times but this just keeps happening. My questions are; is this shirk due to association of things to Allah? How do I make this stop? Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-16-2016, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mezzi_sohal
Whenever I try to focus on Allah, during salah or not, a totally irrelevant person comes to mind. It really irritates me - I just want to focus on my Lord and remain undisturbed. I have tried to repent many times but this just keeps happening. My questions are; is this shirk due to association of things to Allah? How do I make this stop? Thank you.
As long as it is not happening intentionally, it is not Shirk and you are not to blame, In Shaa Allaah. That is simply Waswaas from Shaytaan. Ignore it and continue to focus in your Salaah.

والسلام

OmAbdullah
08-16-2016, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mezzi_sohal

Assalaamo alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barskaatuh.

This is from a special satan that disturbs during prayer. This is not shirk but is a very hard test. If you become upset about it and try to repent to Allah again and again, insha-Allah your reward will increase in the hereafter and in this world you will become stronger in Tawheed insha-Allah. This is because you are trying and struggling hard to remain strong on Tawheed. But be careful, and don't start thinking with the thought, try to turn your attention to Allah repeatedly. Allah is the Most Merciful and Forgiving.

But one thing is very important. That is we should never depend upon our power, we are nothing. We must always turn to Allah for protection from Satan and trust Allah. We must always pray to Allah to give us Husni-Khaatmah (good end) so that we die in a good state of eemaan and aa'maal saalih, aameen.

Serinity
08-16-2016, 01:47 PM
:salams

I go through the same, prayer after prayer. It messes up my intentions. As long as it aint intentional, you are not to blame. but my fear is that at the time of death, I commit shirk, and go to Jahannam for Eternity after trying to stay on the straight path.

But we have to trust Allah, and if we put our trust in Him, Allah :swt: will strengthen us and protect us.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.