/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Radical cleric Anjem Choudary guilty of inviting IS support

czgibson
08-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Greetings,

What wonderful news that this scumbag has finally been convicted. He should have been jailed years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37098751

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
08-16-2016, 07:13 PM
Hey,

I wonder what he did. Every Muslim wants Islam to flourish and enter every home and land, and it has. Idk his antics tho. If he incited hate then that is not ok.

Correct me if I am wrong, but violence rarely solves anything. It proves one has lost.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Abz2000
08-16-2016, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

What wonderful news that this scumbag has finally been convicted. He should have been jailed years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37098751

Peace
The brother speaks a lot of truth in a time of confusion where even the most famous speakers are reluctant to speak their mind, you would do better to take that undue insult back since if recruiting for I.S is bad, recruiting for the american military and the british military and the zionist military are worse and that makes them bigger scumbags.

I also think that sl*g teresa may is worse than hillary clinton

Peace

Serinity
08-16-2016, 08:20 PM
Honestly I don't follow politics. I ask Allah to do what is best.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
08-16-2016, 08:22 PM
10.*Behold, thy Lord called Moses: "Go to the people of iniquity,
11.*"The people of the Pharaoh: will they not fear Allah."
12.*He said: "O my Lord! I do fear that they will charge me with falsehood:
13.*"My breast will be straitened. And my speech may not go (smoothly): so send unto Aaron.
14.*"And (further), they have a charge of crime against me; and I fear they may slay me."
15.*Allah said: "By no means! proceed then, both of you, with Our Signs; We are with you, and will listen (to your call).
16.*"So go forth, both of you, to Pharaoh, and say: 'We have been sent by the Lord and Cherisher of the worlds;
17.*"'Send thou with us the Children of Israel.'"
18.*(Pharaoh) said: "Did we not cherish thee as a child among us, and didst thou not stay in our midst many years of thy life?19.*"And thou didst a deed of thine which (thou knowest) thou didst, and thou art an ungrateful (wretch)!"
20.*Moses said: "I did it then, when I was in error.
21.*"So I fled from you (all) when I feared you; but my Lord has (since) invested me with judgment (and wisdom) and appointed me as one of the messengers.
22.*"And this is the favour with which thou dost reproach me,- that thou hast enslaved the Children of Israel!"
23.*Pharaoh said: "And what is the 'Lord and Cherisher of the worlds'?"
24.*(Moses) said: "The Lord and Cherisher of the heavens and the earth, and all between,- if ye want to be quite sure."
25.*(Pharaoh) said to those around: "Did ye not listen (to what he says)?"
26.*(Moses) said: "Your Lord and the Lord of your fathers from the beginning!"
27.*(Pharaoh) said: "Truly your messenger who has been sent to you is a veritable madman!"
28.*(Moses) said: "Lord of the East and the West, and all between! if ye only had sense!"
29.*(Pharaoh) said: "If thou dost put forward any god other than me, I will certainly put thee in prison!"
30.*(Moses) said: "Even if I showed you something clear (and) convincing?"
31.*(Pharaoh) said: "Show it then, if thou tellest the truth!"
32.*So (Moses) threw his rod, and behold, it was a serpent, plain (for all to see)!
33.*And he drew out his hand, and behold, it was white to all beholders!
34.*(Pharaoh) said to the Chiefs around him: "This is indeed a sorcerer well- versed:
35.*"His plan is to get you out of your land by his sorcery; then what is it ye counsel?"

From Quran, Chapter 26, The Poets.

This is the accusation the enemies of God just levelled against him:

Choudary's mindset is really simple. There are two worlds - the world of belief, meaning Muslims, and the world of disbelief, everyone else. Assuming for a moment that the world neatly divides into such camps, these worlds are incompatible because the way of life of one threatens the existence of the other.In his head there can be no compromise, no meeting of minds. Liberal democracy, personal freedom, the rule of law mandated by the people is all an affront to the will of Allah.
And the solution to all of this? A single Islamic state, under Sharia, for the whole world, for all areas of life.
What if you disagree? Well then you are not with him. You are against him - you're a hostile.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36979892
This is an obvious attempt at terrorizing the masses into fear of speaking the truth, i believe the majority of Muslims would prefer that the whole world accepted the truth and received God's grace, and i also believe that they would have moved to a country where God's laws are established if it wasn't for the sabotage and false propaganda. Not a single Muslim group forcibly occupies a non-muslim majority country despite the kuffaar having illegally (by God's standards and their own) invaded numerous Muslim majority countries and installed puppet tyrants to rule with falsehood over them, yet, the Muslims are unjustly accused of being the aggressors? When he gave his pledge to I.S it was the first group to claim a caliphate in the absence of such fir almost a century, and I.S were not retaliating against america or france at the time and were busy establishing Islam within Muslim majority lands, so he wasn't doing anything illegal even by the skewed standards of the time either - even though america, france and britain were arming anyone willing to stand against bashar assad and they even changed their definition of terrorism just to be able to arm insurrections, then arrested him unjustly after a massive false propaganda and smear campaign against anyone attempting to establish Islamic governance.

Britain's government under elizabeth just lost it's last shred of credibility as a nation in it's pretence of trying to be truthful and just and walk straight, may Allah's curse be upon britain and those who ally themselves with it.

czgibson
08-16-2016, 09:35 PM
Greetings, abz,

I hope they throw away the key. Scumbags like Choudary are not welcome in the UK.

Peace

Abz2000
08-16-2016, 09:48 PM
Greetings, abz,

I hope they throw away the key. Scumbags like Choudary are not welcome in the UK.

Peace
I hope the Muslims who remain in dar al harb for the sake of Allah alone grab scumbag enemies of God like czgibson, imprison them and throw away the key.

Peace

Mustafa16
08-16-2016, 10:11 PM
Finally.....that extremist got what was coming to him, Alhamdulillah.

Search
08-16-2016, 10:18 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Anjem Choudhary encouraged his few followers to take state benefits as "jihad seeker's allowance," and he has long been considered in the mainstream U.K. community to be a secret MI5 agent for those interested in conspiracy theories because he would constantly say and do things that would increase communal tensions in U.K.

I don't know about the particulars of U.K. law under which he was convicted, but since he disobeyed the U.K. law and constituted an overt threat to the U.K., him being incarcerated is a valid outcome.

And inciting our fellow Muslim brothers and sisters to join Daesh is from my POV one of the worst AND most heinous action in modern day. When some Muslim brothers and sisters, naive, gullible, or brainwashed, to answer this man's call, to join Daesh, then who answers for the cries and lamenting of their family and friends who find out that they've lost their son or daughter to this evil? Or what happens when these naive, gullible, or brainwashed people who might have done so do want to come back from Syria after realizing the evils of Daesh and will be arrested for joining a terrorist organization? Basically, these people's entire future, their entire life, is over. Who answers for that?

Also, Fox News ("Faux News") loved to call him as a guest and present him as someone speaking for Muslims.

Search
08-16-2016, 10:21 PM

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
I hope the Muslims who remain in dar al harb for the sake of Allah alone grab scumbag enemies of God like @czgibson, imprison them and throw away the key.

Peace
May I just say I'm glad you're not in U.K.? Thank you for moving from the U.K.

And last I checked, czgibson isn't breaking any laws; however, Anjem Choudhary was.

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

Search
08-16-2016, 10:28 PM

@
czgibson
:
Kindly please do not encourage Abz2000's idiocy and self-righteousness and rant by "liking" his posts. And how are you an "enemy of God" I should like to know? Does expressing what you have a right to say on IB and in the world make you an "enemy of God"? By that standard, perhaps all humanity is too, which is just peachy, because Abz2000 is the only right kind of Muslim in the world to judge that I presume.

startingarabic
08-16-2016, 10:38 PM
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
Allah Almighty has said: The son of Adam denied Me and he had no right to do so. And he reviled Me and he had no right to do so. As for his denying Me, it is his saying: He will not remake me as He made me at first (1) - and the initial creation [of him] is no easier for Me than remaking him. As for his reviling Me, it is his saying: Allah has taken to Himself a son, while I am the One, the Everlasting Refuge. I begot not nor was I begotten, and there is none comparable to Me.(1) i.e., bring me back to life after death. It was related by al-Bukhari (also by an-Nasa'i).

startingarabic
08-16-2016, 10:45 PM
And (remember) the Day that the enemies of Allah will be gathered to the Fire, so they will be collected there (the first and the last).

That is the recompense of the enemies of Allah - the Fire. For them therein is the home of eternity as recompense for what they, of Our verses, were rejecting.

And Allah is most knowing of your enemies; and sufficient is Allah as an ally, and sufficient is Allah as a helper.

https://quran.com/search?q=enemies+of+Allah

Zafran
08-17-2016, 01:53 AM
Greetings, abz,

Peace
He was born in the UK and should be treated like any other citizen who commits a criminal act.

Zafran
08-17-2016, 02:07 AM
I hope the Muslims who remain in dar al harb for the sake of Allah alone grab scumbag enemies of God like czgibson, imprison them and throw away the key.

Peace
Your probably going to join Anjem choudary soon.

Serinity
08-17-2016, 02:49 AM
Depends on what kind of hate he spewed.

If it is hatred towards kuffar personally, hatred that spews violence, then that is not good. But if it is hatred for the Sake of Allah :swt:, in other words, hating their kufr, shirk, and ways/democracy and other things that entail hating for the sake of Allah, and standing up against what is hateful to Allah, then that is fine.

we hate what Allah hates, but idk where that stretches.

kritikvernunft
08-17-2016, 04:28 AM
Greetings, What wonderful news that this scumbag has finally been convicted. He should have been jailed years ago. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37098751
Peace
Anjem Choudary knowingly sought to legitimise a terrorist organisation and encouraged others to support it.

Well, if you label any opposing side as "terrorists", that is apparently enough of a justification to wholesale attack its supporters. Hence, it is trivial to outlaw approximately everything and everyone.
They used the power of social media to attempt to influence those who are susceptible to these types of messages ...

So?
The flag of Islam will fly over Downing Street, was his favourite prediction ...

So?
Choudary is one of the most dangerous men in Britain. Not a bomb-maker. Not a facilitator. But an ideologue, a thinker, who encouraged others not to stop and think for themselves before they turned to violence to implement their shared worldview.
The Von Clausewitz doctrine ("Vom Kriege") says:

War is the continuation of the political negotiations but then by other means.

Choudary was not a fighter. He was a negotiator.
If you attack the negotiators, you are making the negotiations impossible.
The problem being negotiated will not go away by itself either.
Hence, all that you will have achieved, is to irrevocably trigger the Von Clausewitz doctrine.
Furthermore, conflict is always subject to hysteresis ("history matters").
Hence, reverting to the situation from before this action, will prove to be impossible, even through new negotiations.

In other words, it is a highly strategic decision to imprison people like Choudary.
It is not free of charge, and the long-term price tag attached will most likely turn out to be spectacularly high.

Another problem is, that it has become pointless to advocate anything, as it is dangerous to do so.
Therefore, the advocates will skip the "talking" stage, and just commit to action instead.
This will needlessly cost lots of lives, because people who would have "talked", will now "kill" instead, straight away.

"War" also means that mere opinions no longer matter: talk is cheap.
What matters in "war", is your willingness to risk your life and die for what you believe in.
Choudary is a sacrificial lamb that justifies ever-larger extermination fests of the pagan enemy.
Therefore, the big winners in this event are the hawks on Choudary's side.

Eric H
08-17-2016, 06:39 AM
Greetings and peace be with you czgibson;

What is the difference between Choudary and Tony Blair? The Chilcot Report pretty much condemns Mr Blair for radicalising a country to violence.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people.

Eric

noraina
08-17-2016, 07:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

What is the difference between Choudary and Tony Blair? The Chilcot Report pretty much condemns Mr Blair for radicalising a country to violence.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people.

Eric
Exactly. No doubt Choudary deserved to be put in prison for putting the lives of many (including teenagers) at risk and inciting hatred, but this 'justice' seems very one-sided, those in positions of authority turn a blind eye to those who abuse the law when it is convientient for them. Tony Blair is not so difference and honestly his actions should have been dealt with more than a decade ago.

Abz2000
08-17-2016, 08:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
Your probably going to join Anjem choudary soon.

In the books of history as those who strove for Allah?
I would be honoured :)

Is salman rushdie getting lynched by a fully Muslim British people after deposing the queen of narnia (wicked witch of the west) and brother Andy gettimg a knighthood?
i would be honoured :)

In paradise with those who pleased and obeyed Allah?
i would be honoured :)

Allahu Maulaa li al Muslimeen, wa laa maulaa li al kuffaara wa al mushrikeen.

Every time the kuffar stand against Allah's chosen slaves, they (kuffar) go down in history as the cursed enemies of Allah, are often destroyed, and the Muslims are honoured in Allah's sight.
it happened last time, and it'll happen again if you want.

Smile coz it's Sunnah !!! :D

And Elizabeth throws the dice....

He was born in the UK and should be treated like any other citizen who commits a criminal act.

wooow, three sixes in a row!!!

let us see, what is in the crystal baaallll:

16It also forced ALL people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads,*17so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.18This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.
That number is 666.

...... 2The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image......

10The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony*11and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.......

..... 6I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus......

4Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

“ ‘Come out of her, my people,’so that you will not share in her sins,so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
5for her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes

31.*When Our Messengers came to Abraham with the good news, they said: "We are indeed going to destroy the people of this township: for truly they are (addicted to) crime."
32.*He said: "But there is Lut there." They said: "Well do we know who is there : we will certainly save him and his following,- except his wife: she is of those who lag behind!"
33.*And when Our Messengers came to Lut, he was grieved on their account, and felt himself powerless (to protect) them: but they said: "Fear thou not, nor grieve: we are (here) to save thee and thy following, except thy wife: she is of those who lag behind.
34.*"For we are going to bring down on the people of this township a Punishment from heaven, because they have been wickedly rebellious."
35.*And We have left thereof an evident Sign, for any people who (care to) understand.

From Quran Chapter Al 'Ankabut (The Spider).

I wonder how that evil infiltrator battenberg should be treated.?

6.*When the oceans boil over with a swell;
7.*When the souls are sorted out, (being joined, like with like);
8.*When the female (infant), buried alive, is questioned
-9.*For what crime she was killed;.......

REPENT!!!

Serinity
08-17-2016, 09:37 AM
I just ask Allah to rid me off this earth and free me from the scumbags and all the imbeciles treading this earth. So much war and hypocrisy.

What happened to dialogue?

cooterhein
08-17-2016, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by startingarabic
And (remember) the Day that the enemies of Allah will be gathered to the Fire, so they will be collected there (the first and the last).

That is the recompense of the enemies of Allah - the Fire. For them therein is the home of eternity as recompense for what they, of Our verses, were rejecting.

And Allah is most knowing of your enemies; and sufficient is Allah as an ally, and sufficient is Allah as a helper.

https://quran.com/search?q=enemies+of+Allah
Can I assume the enemies that you're referencing are Daesh? I mean, they did kill some Muslims. In Mecca. During Ramadan. That last Ramadan, just now, couple of months ago. Seems like the kind of thing no Muslim should ever forget.

startingarabic
08-17-2016, 11:21 AM
And never will the Jews or the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion. Say, "Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance." If you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you would have against Allah no protector or helper.2:120

startingarabic
08-17-2016, 11:28 AM
And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.5:116

czgibson
08-17-2016, 12:01 PM
Greetings,

Who cares where he was born? He calls for the destruction of everything the UK stands for, and I hope he is thoroughly isolated and never released onto the streets again.

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
I agree. Blair now faces the possibility of legal action following the Chilcot report, and he deserves extensive punishment himself.

Peace

Ms.ashiqkhaan
08-17-2016, 12:37 PM
You are a very bad two face man shaykh you don't kill innocents!!!!!!
stupid!!!!

Aaqib
08-17-2016, 01:27 PM
This man is just giving islamaphobes another reason to hate Islam. How could you be honored to be one of those to drive the non muslims away from Islam? How ludicrous.

Serinity
08-17-2016, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
This man is just giving islamaphobes another reason to hate Islam. How could you be honored to be one of those to drive the non muslims away from Islam? How ludicrous.
Sometimes I question their intellect. IF you become all hostile and anti'touch' the kuffar, stay away, stuff, you are just contributing to Islamophobia and sending fuel to Islamophobists.

I think it is cuz they've misintrepreted the Quran thinking no contact with kuffar = good muslim. While that isn't true.

When those without intellect or understanding speak, using ayats and making it seem right, that is just.. Bahhh.

But we do not know the full story either. If by hatred they mean denying democracy and their ways, then they are the just as guilty, if not more.
may Allah :swt: forgive me if I said anything wrong. Ameen.

But honestly, The Media is brainwashing both muslims and non muslims.

aamirsaab
08-17-2016, 04:40 PM
Took them long enough but they got there in the end!

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Aaqib
08-17-2016, 05:09 PM
"tool" them :P

Zafran
08-17-2016, 11:23 PM
Who cares where he was born? He calls for the destruction of everything the UK stands for, and I hope he is thoroughly isolated and never released onto the streets again.
last time I checked he wanted the UK to be a salafi state - A bit like Britain First who want the UK to be an extreme christian state or the BNP a white only state.

Search
08-17-2016, 11:45 PM

Greetings,

While I appreciate the sentiment that led to these words, I respectfully disagree with you since the U.K. law doesn't agree with you and the maximum penalty to be given under the law is not in excess of 10 years. The law has absolutely no room to afford the sentiments of any persons wherein rights of an individual is concerned specific to his/her liberty.

Also, even from a practical standpoint, never releasing him onto the streets would not serve any purpose, because right now he stands in the eyes of the U.K. mainstream community as an extremist finally having gotten what was coming to him. However, if any bias or prejudice is seen as coming from the courts due to him being Muslim, then that bias or prejudice will probably color him as a man who was instead wronged.

kritikvernunft
08-19-2016, 01:12 AM
last time I checked he wanted the UK to be a salafi state - A bit like Britain First who want the UK to be an extreme christian state or the BNP a white only state.
In fact, people like Choudary are not particularly effective at promoting the IS. It is really a stretch to claim that they are responsible for anything, actually.

The IS have a much better source of growth than radical preachers. The UK (and the US) sponsor lots of "moderate" rebel groups in Syria, who invariably end up radicalizing, just because of the war situation and its inevitable casualties, and then become indistinguishable from the IS. In fact, that is how the IS itself came about: originally a moderate rebel group, funded by the US and the UK, then increasingly radicalized during the civil war, and then declared enemies by their erstwhile sponsors.

The IS will never disappear because the US/UK will just resurrect moderate-rebel-groups-soon-to-become-the-new-IS, in order to fight against Bashar.

Abz2000
08-19-2016, 08:22 AM
May Allah preserve and protect those who are sincere in upholding the word of Allah from the fools among the people.
And may Allah's wrath befall those who harm the bearers of witness to the truth and wisdom of Allah's message and bearers of witness to the fact that Muhammad (pbuh) is the messenger of Allah.

Futuwwa
08-19-2016, 08:39 AM
He is a citizen of the UK, by the citizenship law of the UK. By discussing whether he is "welcome in the UK", you are implying that he's an outsider, one for whom it's the prerogative of those whom the UK *really* belongs to to either welcome or not welcome. I'm not going to argue about whether Choudary deserves his fate, or whether the rule of law happened in his case.

I'm taking issue with the notion that as a Muslim citizen, I'm not *really* a citizen, one among many citizens who collectively own the country, an equal shareholder of the state; but rather, an outsider who must justify his existence to those who supposedly are the real, rightful owners of the country.

kritikvernunft
08-19-2016, 08:46 AM
May Allah preserve and protect those who are sincere in upholding the word of Allah from the fools among the people.
And may Allah's wrath befall those who harm the bearers of witness to the truth and wisdom of Allah's message and bearers of witness to the fact that Muhammad (pbuh) is the messenger of Allah.
Yes, it is absolutely absurd to put Choudary in prison. All he did was to suggest a cheaper way to achieve Obama's plan with Syria. Obama funds "moderate" rebel groups to fight Bashar. These "moderate" rebel groups sooner or later radicalize and become something similar to ISIS; or just join ISIS. Why spend a lot of money and use a long detour to do that? Obama should be grateful to Choudary, because his suggestions are a much cheaper way to achieve the same outcome! ;-)

kritikvernunft
08-19-2016, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
I'm taking issue with the notion that as a Muslim citizen, I'm not *really* a citizen, one among many citizens who collectively own the country, an equal shareholder of the state; but rather, an outsider who must justify his existence to those who supposedly are the real, rightful owners of the country.
I am clearly in the same predicament. I also always fail to justify my existence! ;-)

Abz2000
08-19-2016, 09:04 AM
Check who Allah justifies, and emulate the concept like liquid metal, but remember - truth is better than falsehood.

Futuwwa
08-19-2016, 10:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kritikvernunft
I am clearly in the same predicament. I also always fail to justify my existence! ;-)
If you even attempt to, you implicitly accept the premise that you need to do so, whereby you have already lost.

Abz2000
08-19-2016, 10:44 AM
If you even attempt to, you implicitly accept the premise that you need to do so, whereby you have already lost.
I am attempting to go on pilgrimage this year, i need to receive my inheritance and sell it, if i lose, then God knows the situation of those who fall below that standard or don't even make an effort, they must be COMPLETE AND UTTER LOSERS.

Narrated Sad:
I heard the Prophet saying, "None plots against the people of Medina (the people who believed in the truth of Muhammad pbuh's prophethood and strove for Allah's sake) but that he will be dissolved (destroyed) like the salt is dissolved in water."

*Bukhari* - Volume 3, Book 30

http://i-cias.com/textarchive/bukhari/030.htm

kritikvernunft
08-19-2016, 11:11 AM
I think that you are right about that. That is why I do not really try. In fact, I reject the distinction between "citizen" and "non-citizen". What would be the value for me of adopting that kind of distinctions? Furthermore, in my opinion, "citizens" do not collectively or rightfully own the country. My point of view is that the entire universe is property of the singular God.

I am not sure what to think about the desire to keep foreigners out of a country. That practice can become abusive very easily. If people just tried to regulate access for outsiders to their neighbourhood, I would object much less to that. It looks less abusive. You could just look for another neighbourhood, and it is unlikely that all neighbourhoods would reject a particular person.

In Europe, the whole thing degenerates into treating people who have been there, even for three or four generations, as foreigners.

But then again, for me, "immigration" is just part of the larger, generalized problem of having to face a detestable National State that tries to suck you dry and to tell you what to do. That is just one reason why my hobby is to stab the National State in the back. I take great pleasure in seeing it go onto its face. In order to keep things sustainable, I always try to even make money from my hobby. This actually works quite well. My brand of backstabbing is a rather profitable activity. There are so many ways to sabotage the National State and turn all of that into big profits. In fact, in everything I do, I always ask myself the question: Is there a way to modify this, so that it better stabs the National State in the back?

Notwithstanding the fact that I do not recognize man-made laws of National States, I can still see the value in not having to argue over that. In fact, it is often even more fun to stab the National State in the back without them being able to complain that you would have broken one of their so-called laws, which I do not recognize anyway. My greatest hero is this field is George Soros. In 1997, he managed to bankrupt 4 Southeast Asian countries, completely empty their national treasury, and make over 10 billion dollars in that way. What a fantastic guy! Seriously, more people should do that.

Even the idea to make friends with Muslims is probably instinctively inspired from there. I somehow sense that Muslims could be a great source of inspiration for my hobby. The more the Statists complain about Islam, the more I like it! Furthermore, since Islam is quite compatible with my own religious views, I am now going through the motions of upgrading to Islam.

To cut a long story short, I reject all National-Statist views on treating the locally-born offspring of immigrants as foreigners. But then again, that is not the most interesting subject. The most interesting subject is the answer to the question: "How can I bankrupt that obnoxious National State and become filthy rich by doing so?" The more people spend their time thinking about this, the more likely that it will happen, and the sooner we will finally be free from its detestable interferences in our lives.

czgibson
08-19-2016, 01:13 PM
Greetings,

Well, look at the paranoia on display here. Nobody is saying that Muslims can't be true citizens of the UK.

I'm talking about a man who has called for the overthrow of democracy and freedom of speech, and who has encouraged terrorist attacks against the UK. It is surprising that you make a logical leap from this to "Muslim citizen[s]" in general. I don't know why I should be the one to have to tell you this, but not all Muslims think that way.

Peace

Scimitar
08-19-2016, 01:21 PM
^ what gibson said.

Anjem Choudhry makes my skin feel clammy.

Scimi

Scimitar
08-19-2016, 01:55 PM
Teresa May...

... is a terrorist with a licence to nuke.

Scimi

kritikvernunft
08-19-2016, 04:17 PM
I'm talking about a man who has called for the overthrow of democracy...
So has Plato. Seriously, there is nothing wrong with that. Lots of people have done that in history. There is essentially nothing sacred about an 18th-century voting circus. I wonder where people get that idea in fact? The right to vote for people who will invent new laws ... but how many new laws do we need before all our needs for newly-invented laws will entirely have been satisfied?
... and freedom of speech ...
Well, you can express whatever opinion you want, until you enrage enough people so that you can't anymore! ;-)
...who has encouraged terrorist attacks against the UK ...
Assuming that Choudary's morality is governed by Divine Law, a general remark is that "terrorism" is not a term in use in any scripture, in order to describe any particular type of criminal or otherwise forbidden behaviour. Therefore, an accusation that uses non-accredited terms, is not receivable in Divine Law. The accusation would have to be re-phrased, using appropriate terminology, meaning: terminology lifted straight from the scriptures.

Abz2000
08-19-2016, 08:39 PM
Understanding the situation, two questions to ask yourselves.....

1) What did Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) say when 'Urwa told the Prophet pbuh that the Prophet pbuh had gathered around him the "scum of the earth"?

2) Why did Dizzy Lizzy knight Salman Rushdie?

لاَّ يُحِبُّ اللّهُ الْجَهْرَ بِالسُّوَءِ مِنَ الْقَوْلِ إِلاَّ مَن ظُلِمَ وَكَانَ اللّهُ سَمِيعًا عَلِيمًا

{148*004:148*Khan:

Allah does not like that the evil should be uttered in public except by him who has been wronged. And Allah is Ever All-Hearer, All-Knower.

004:148*Maulana:
Allah loves not the public utterance of hurtful speech, except by one who has been wronged. And Allah is ever Hearing, Knowing.

004:148*Pickthal:
Allah loveth not the utterance of harsh speech save by one who hath been wronged. Allah is ever Hearer, Knower.

004:148*Rashad:
GOD does not like the utterance of bad language, unless one is treated with gross injustice. GOD is Hearer, Knower.

004:148*Sarwar:God does not love public accusation unless one is truly wronged. God is All-hearing and All-knowing.

004:148*Shakir:
Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech unless (it be) by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

004:148*Sherali:
ALLAH likes not the uttering of unseemly speech in public, except on the part of one who is being wronged. Verily, ALLAH is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.

004:148*Yusufali:
Allah loveth not that evil should be noised abroad in public speech, except where injustice hath been done; for Allah is He who heareth and knoweth all things.

Futuwwa
08-23-2016, 08:44 PM
Greetings,
Well, look at the paranoia on display here. Nobody is saying that Muslims can't be true citizens of the UK.

I'm talking about a man who has called for the overthrow of democracy and freedom of speech, and who has encouraged terrorist attacks against the UK. It is surprising that you make a logical leap from this to "Muslim citizen[s]" in general. I don't know why I should be the one to have to tell you this, but not all Muslims think that way.

Peace
So you recognize Muslims as true citizens only if they don't act like Choudary? The very fact that you consider it your prerogative to dictate which Muslim citizens get to be citizens and be "welcome in the UK", while your own citizenship is inviolable and self-evident, implies that you do not recognize them as equal to you, but as outsiders allowed to exist as a sufferance, not a right. If they were equal to you, their citizenship would be as self-evident and inviolable as yours, and the thought of them being "not welcome" be utterly inapplicable due to Britain being their true home in the first place.

If someone who is white, ethnically English and a member of the majority culture would commit actions like those of Choudary, you would consider his sentence to be proper, and that he finally got what was coming for him. But you would not say that the person in question is "not welcome in the UK", such a notion would be absurd on its face.

Imagine, for a while, that a number of Muslim citizens of the UK were to discuss whether YOU are "welcome in the UK". Even if they would all agree that you are, wouldn't it be at least slightly unsettling that they'd talk about it as if it were their matter to judge? See what I mean?

I'm sure you mean well, and I'm sure you don't consciously mean harm to the vast majority of Muslims. Yet, it's details like your choice of words here that reveal underlying, unconscious biases and ways of thinking grounded in inequality. I'm not being paranoid, I see that the discussion of the Muslim Question ends up being conducted by majority populations on this premise all the time, even by most of those who mean us well.

czgibson
08-23-2016, 09:35 PM
Greetings,

So you recognize Muslims as true citizens only if they don't act like Choudary? The very fact that you consider it your prerogative to dictate which Muslim citizens get to be citizens and be "welcome in the UK", while your own citizenship is inviolable and self-evident, implies that you do not recognize them as equal to you, but as outsiders allowed to exist as a sufferance, not a right. If they were equal to you, their citizenship would be as self-evident and inviolable as yours, and the thought of them being "not welcome" be utterly inapplicable due to Britain being their true home in the first place.
Anyone can in theory be a citizen of the UK, but someone who repeatedly encourages armed jihad against this country must have their right to citizenship called into question. Since 2002, the British government does have the power to denaturalise British citizens, even if they were born in the UK.

If someone who is white, ethnically English and a member of the majority culture would commit actions like those of Choudary, you would consider his sentence to be proper, and that he finally got what was coming for him. But you would not say that the person in question is "not welcome in the UK", such a notion would be absurd on its face.
I might do. But it's not up to me - see above.

Imagine, for a while, that a number of Muslim citizens of the UK were to discuss whether YOU are "welcome in the UK". Even if they would all agree that you are, wouldn't it be at least slightly unsettling that they'd talk about it as if it were their matter to judge? See what I mean?
Maybe, but if they were in a position to enforce the laws of the land, and had found me guilty, then I would have no choice in the matter.

I'm sure you mean well, and I'm sure you don't consciously mean harm to the vast majority of Muslims. Yet, it's details like your choice of words here that reveal underlying, unconscious biases and ways of thinking grounded in inequality.
Yes, I don't like jihadists and wish to see them all removed from the country where I live. Funny old thing.

I'm not being paranoid, I see that the discussion of the Muslim Question ends up being conducted by majority populations on this premise all the time, even by most of those who mean us well.
The very fact there is a "Muslim Question", as you put it, indicates that there is a problem. I would like to see a solution as much as anyone else, but it's not going to happen unless people are able to discuss the issue freely and without fear. Just being able to criticise Islam on public media without receiving death threats would be a start.

I am sure you mean well too, but you certainly are paranoid. I can't say I blame you; if I were a Muslim I expect I'd be feeling pretty paranoid too. I wish you good luck in your journey through life.

Peace

Eric H
08-23-2016, 10:58 PM

Just being able to criticise Islam on public media without receiving death threats would be a start.
I am not sure that criticizing Islam would lead to any kind of solution. I think the solution can only come by striving for a greater interfaith understanding, cooperation and friendship. No matter how we juggle our beliefs about, the same God hears all our prayers. And I firmly believe that you will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith understanding.

Eric

kritikvernunft
08-24-2016, 02:04 AM
...someone who repeatedly encourages armed jihad against this country must have their right to citizenship called into question...
Since you are suggesting the use of force against a person who expresses opinions that you do not like, by using a euphemism ("must have their right to citizenship called into question"), then in terms of the Qisas -- an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth -- you are by the same token justifying that these persons equally well use force against people whose opinions that they do not like.

Hence, the extreme danger of attacking people merely for expressing their opinions.

It justifies reprisals against approximately everyone for approximately anything. You would not need to actually "do" anything to deserve to find yourself on the receiving end of violence. All that you would need to do, is to express opinions that imply approval or disapproval of approximately anything that the other side does.

In other words, you would pretty much have turned terrorism, i.e. seemingly random attacks on civilians, into hostile acts covered by the Qisas. As soon as you have done that, the last doubts that were keeping particular demographics away from retaliating, will be gone. The State can handle individuals and small groups, but does not stand a chance against large numbers of armed men. The police force would be gone in less than a week, while the army has proven to be notoriously ineffective at Stalingrad-style urban combat.

If you could see through the bluff of the illusion of power that the State projects on its gullible population, you would know that its threats of force only work, if the State generally does not carry them out. A State cannot handle a serious insurgency, of say only 5000+ men. That always means the end of the State. The size of the Muslim population in any western European country has been way beyond the minimum size required for a successful insurgency, for a long time now. The only reason why the Muslims do not do it, is because they are utterly divided. The day that the State indiscriminately attacks them, it is the attack itself that will unite them. Hence, the threat of the use of force is laughable, since we all know that the State would not be able to weather the response that it can expect to receive. In the given circumstances, the only valid answer to the State is: So, why don't you just do it, instead of incessantly threatening that you will do it?

Abz2000
08-24-2016, 08:44 AM
Greetings,

Yes, I don't like jihadists and wish to see them all removed from the country where I live. Funny old thing.
What do you propose should be done about the atheist and other non-Muslim jihadists who commit acts of violent aggression and involve in illegal wars across the globe?

Soldier: "in the name of the Queen"
Queen: "in the name of God"
American dollar: "In God we trust"

Sung the national anthem lately?

Know that Allah the Most Wise and Just has more right to be served.

Jihaad:
Quranic use and Arabic forms

According to Ahmed al-Dawoody, seventeen derivatives of jihād occur altogether forty-one times in eleven*Meccan*texts and thirty*Medinan*ones, with the following five meanings:
striving because of religious belief (21),
war (12),
non-Muslim parents exerting pressure, that is, jihād, to make their children abandon Islam (2),
solemn oaths (5),
and physical strength (1).

Jihaad fi sabeel Allah means struggle in God's way.

15Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words.*
16They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians. “Teacher,” they said, “we know that you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are.
17Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial taxa*to Caesar or not?”
18But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said,*“You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me?
19Show me the coin used for paying the tax.”*
They brought him a denarius,
20and he asked them,*“Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”
21“Caesar’s,” they replied.
Then he said to them,*“So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

What is the essence of correct and just jihaad?

34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together.*
35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:*
36“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37Jesus replied:*“ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
38This is the first and greatest commandment.*
39And the second is like it:
‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Get it?
Muslims do jihaad in God's way within ourselves and also apply the same standards and rules to all, then the same punishments also apply to all including oneself.

It's not racist foreign policy or hypocritical internal policy, it's rational, just and sensible.

If you are so corrupt that can't live with it, allow the Muslims to leave in peace, to establish a state ruled by God in peace and without harassment, and let God judge between everyone.
Otherwise, repent to God, and submit in Islam.gov

kritikvernunft
08-24-2016, 09:26 AM
Roughly translated:

I don't like people who express opinions that I do not like ("jihadists") and I wish to seem them all forcibly removed from the country where I live.

The problem is, of course, that these people can say that you are now also expressing an opinion -- this time that they do not like -- and hence that they wish to see you forcibly removed from the country where they also live. This is dangerously symmetrical. The only thing that you have achieved by saying that kind of things, is not that they will be forcibly removed, but that you have symmetrically justified the use of force against yourself.

The Qisas underlines that they can do symmetrically to you what you are doing to them. Hence, you are advocating a violence fest just over the opinions that people may express. That does not sound good at all.

keiv
08-24-2016, 10:32 AM
What do you propose should be done about the atheist and other non-Muslim jihadists who commit acts of violent aggression and involve in illegal wars across the globe?

Soldier: "in the name of the Queen"
Queen: "in the name of God"
American dollar: "In God we trust"

Sung the national anthem lately?

Jihaad:
Quranic use and Arabic forms

According to Ahmed al-Dawoody, seventeen derivatives of jihād occur altogether forty-one times in eleven*Meccan*texts and thirty*Medinan*ones, with the following five meanings:
striving because of religious belief (21),
war (12),
non-Muslim parents exerting pressure, that is, jihād, to make their children abandon Islam (2),
solemn oaths (5),
and physical strength (1).

Jihaad fi sabeel Allah means struggle in God's way.

15Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words.*
16They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians. “Teacher,” they said, “we know that you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are.
17Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial taxa*to Caesar or not?”
18But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said,*“You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me?
19Show me the coin used for paying the tax.”*
They brought him a denarius,
20and he asked them,*“Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”
21“Caesar’s,” they replied.
Then he said to them,*“So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

What is the essence of correct and just jihaad?

34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together.*
35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:*
36“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37Jesus replied:*“ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
38This is the first and greatest commandment.*
39And the second is like it:
‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Get it?
Muslims do jihaad in God's way within ourselves and also apply the same standards and rules to all, then the same punishments also apply to all including oneself.

It's not racist foreign policy or hypocritical internal policy, it's rational, just and sensible.

If you are so corrupt that can't live with it, allow the Muslims to leave in peace, to establish a state ruled by God in peace and without harassment, and let God judge between everyone.
Otherwise, repent to God, and submit in Islam.gov
He's been here for 11 years. He knows what the meaning is. Just like other non Muslim members who have been here for that amount of time or close to it, they will continue to think the same way they did the moment they signed up years ago. If you go to the same class for 11 years and fail to learn anything from it despite having the information repeated to you constantly, the faculty might classify such a person as "intellectually disabled". I believe that's the "PC" term these days..

czgibson
08-24-2016, 12:07 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
He's been here for 11 years. He knows what the meaning is. Just like other non Muslim members who have been here for that amount of time or close to it, they will continue to think the same way they did the moment they signed up years ago. If you go to the same class for 11 years and fail to learn anything from it despite having the information repeated to you constantly, the faculty might classify such a person as "intellectually disabled". I believe that's the "PC" term these days..
What is it that you don't think I've learned?

I know far more about Islam than most non-Muslims that I speak to in the UK, partly thanks to being here for eleven years. If you think the fact that I haven't converted to Islam indicates that I haven't learned anything about it, then I'm sorry to disappoint you. The more I have learned about Islam, the less likely a conversion has become.

Peace

Abz2000
08-24-2016, 12:07 PM
Roughly translated:

I don't like people who express opinions that I do not like ("jihadists) and I wish to seem them all forcibly removed from the country where I live.

The problem is, of course, that these people can say that you are now also expressing an opinion -- this time that they do not like -- and hence that they wish to see you forcibly removed from the country where they also live. This is dangerously symmetrical. The only thing that you have achieved by saying that kind of things, is not that they will be forcibly removed, but that you have symmetrically justified the use of force against yourself.

The Qisas underlines that they can do symmetrically to you what you are doing to them. Hence, you are advocating a violence fest just over the opinions that people may express. That does not sound good at all.
There is an irreconcilable difference between justifiable symmetry and foolish following of hawaa which goes around in twisted circles until it ensnares the unjust, there is an irreconcilable difference between truth and falsehood and it appears that some like to appear as fools....even if it means lying before the world and being known as one who practices self deception and thereby proving one's unjustified position and affinity for making things up and telling lies whenever they like.

Someone should've asked: do you believe Usama did 9/11?

68.*Those who invoke not, with Allah, any other god, nor slay such life as Allah has made sacred except for just cause, nor commit fornication; - and any that does this (not only) meets punishment.
69.*(But) the Penalty on the Day of Judgment will be doubled to him, and he will dwell therein in ignominy,
70.*Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for Allah will change the evil of such persons into good, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful,
71.*And whoever repents and does good has truly turned to Allah with an (acceptable) conversion;
72.*Those who witness no falsehood, and, if they pass by futility, they pass by it with honourable (avoidance);
73.*Those who, when they are admonished with the Signs of their Lord, droop not down at them as if they were deaf or blind;

74.*And those who pray, "Our Lord! Grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous."
75.*Those are the ones who will be rewarded with the highest place in heaven, because of their patient constancy: therein shall they be met with salutations and peace,
76.*Dwelling therein;- how beautiful an abode and place of rest!
77.*Say (to the Rejecters): "My Lord is not uneasy because of you if ye call not on Him: But ye have indeed rejected (Him), and soon will come the inevitable!"

Quran Surah Al Furqaan, The Criterion Chapter 25

cooterhein
08-25-2016, 03:56 AM
Roughly translated:

I don't like people who express opinions that I do not like ("jihadists")

That's not at all what "jihadist" means. A jihadist is someone who espouses belief in and/or participates in a violent armed struggle on behalf of Islam, it can technically be a defensive struggle or an offensive one but in the context of the UK we're talking exclusively about armed conflict for the purpose of spreading Islam. Spreading Islam in a peaceful manner is well and good, it's the armed conflict part (or speech that clearly and directly incites people to such violence) that is the problem.

That is what the problem reduces to, it does not properly reduce to "well I just don't like your opinion."

The problem is, of course, that these people can say that you are now also expressing an opinion
Anyone can express an opinion. What cannot be done is inciting participation in armed conflict for the purpose of spreading Islam. That is what a jihadist is, and please don't forget that.

This is dangerously symmetrical. The only thing that you have achieved by saying that kind of things, is not that they will be forcibly removed, but that you have symmetrically justified the use of force against yourself.
Assuming that an armed conflict for the purpose of spreading Islam (and incitement to the same) is very much disallowed in the UK and duly punished by the UK, who exactly is it that feels further justified in violent armed struggle against the UK?

Would that be you? Or can you name some other people? Let's just get it out there, shall we?

He's actually advocating legal action and forcible removal (not exactly violence) against people whose speech incites UK residents to armed conflict for the purpose of spreading Islam. Again, that is what a jihadist is, that's what a jihadist does, and that is what's being disallowed.

So with that being said, this description of symmetry actually makes a good deal of sense. You just need to wrap your head around the idea that a jihadist is a violent person, or someone who advocates violence for a particular cause. Do that and you'll be okay.

kritikvernunft
08-25-2016, 05:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cooterhein
A jihadist is someone who espouses belief in ...That is what the problem reduces to, it does not properly reduce to "well I just don't like your opinion."
"Espousing belief in" is an opinion. Here, you are still attacking people on their ideas, just because you do not like these ideas.
... participates in ...
This is a different matter. If they carry out armed struggle, they are doing something else than just advocating ideas. That behaviour has another status than merely espousing a particular belief. You clearly refuse to distinguish. That is not good, because your point of view justifies the use of force against whoever says things that you do not like. As I said before, your approach will rapidly degenerate into an otherwise useless violence fest.

There are good reasons why outlawing speech is a very strictly controlled activity:

Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 U.S. 444 (1969), was a landmark United States Supreme Court case based on the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The Court held that government cannot punish inflammatory speech unless that speech is directed to inciting, and is likely to incite, imminent lawless action. Specifically, it struck down Ohio's criminal syndicalism statute, because that statute broadly prohibited the mere advocacy of violence.

... the constitutional guarantees of free speech and free press do not permit a State to forbid or proscribe advocacy of the use of force or of law violation except where such advocacy is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action ...

... his speech "amounted to nothing more than advocacy of illegal action at some indefinite future time," and therefore did not meet the imminence requirement...

Forbidden speech is:

[1] Slanderous, while bearing false witness
[2] Blasphemous
[3] Advocating imminent lawless action

At the same time, it is perfectly allowed under both Divine Law, and relatively consistent man-made law to advocate the violent overthrow of the State. There is simply nothing forbidden to the practice of advocating the use of force to overthrow the State.
... about armed conflict for the purpose of spreading Islam. Spreading Islam in a peaceful manner is well and good ...
You fail to distinguish between advocating armed conflict for the purpose of spreading Islam versus effectively engaging in armed conflict for the purpose of spreading Islam. They are absolutely not the same thing. There is nothing wrong with merely advocating this.

If you engage in armed struggle, however, you will have to, and therefore must be willing to face the combatants of the opposing side. But then again, that last bit is obviously implied. Anybody engaging in armed conflict should reasonably assume that his adversary will seek to retaliate. Otherwise, it would not really be armed conflict.
That is what a jihadist is, and please don't forget that.
By failing to distinguish between someone who merely advocates jihadism and someone who effectively engages in it, you are encouraging the other side to do the same. They may very well stop distinguishing between armed anti-jihadist combatants and people who merely support or advocate anti-jihadism. You are effectively making it physically dangerous to pronounce anti-jihadist statements.
Assuming that an armed conflict for the purpose of spreading Islam (and incitement to the same) is very much disallowed in the UK and duly punished by the UK
Attacking the advocates on the opposite side, just guarantees that advocates on your own side are also running serious risks. So, you are simply justifying that the armed jihadists symmetrically attack anti-jihad advocates.
Would that be you? Or can you name some other people? Let's just get it out there, shall we?
Given the fact that Islam is a one-way bet, I am personally oblivious and indifferent to either choice: armed struggle or not. My personal view is that it will not make any difference anyway. Merely peaceful progression of time means that the demographic evolution will make Islam incontrovertible. Therefore, there is no real need for an imminent violent overthrow of the pagan National State. The inevitable will happen anyway. The only thing that the Muslims need to do in order to win, is to stick to existing sexual behaviour and marriage practices as mandated anyway under Divine Law. In a sense, all that the Muslims need to do, is to truly believe, by acting in accordance with their beliefs.

Furthermore, the ball is not even in the Muslim court. The Muslims are utterly divided and have up till now not exhibited any tangible appetite for armed struggle in the UK or other western European countries. I do not believe that this will change in the future.

Since sheer time works in favour of the Muslims, I expect the pagan National State to sooner or later become impatient, and indeed effectively mount a violent attack against the Muslims. There is indeed that sentiment in the pagan population that if the pagan National State does not do anything, it will sooner or later be toast; which is obviously true. However, a vicious attack by the National State on the Muslims would unite the Muslims. If they are united, they will obviously win. The mechanics of warfare pretty much guarantee that outcome.
You just need to wrap your head around the idea that a jihadist is a violent person, OR someone who advocates violence for a particular cause. Do that and you'll be okay.
Well, the amalgamation that you advocate, by ominously using the OR connector, is a dangerous point of view. We must agree to disagree here. All that you are achieving by doing that, is to justify the use of force against anti-Jihadist advocates.

Furthermore, in line with the analysis made in Brandenburg versus Ohio, my point of view is that advocacy of a violent overthrow of the National State constitutes perfectly permissible behaviour. Then, there is also the 2nd amendment:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

This amendment clearly implies that people have the right to acquire weapons and create military organizations ("militia") to fight against the National State for their freedom. Therefore, preventing people to advocate the use of force is meaningless, because they are allowed to actually organize themselves to effectively do it. I somehow suspect that the Jihadist interpretation of freedom would be the freedom to be governed by Divine Law.

As I said before, I do not believe that armed struggle would be necessary to achieve the goal of governance by Divine Law. With patience, sheer demographics will achieve it already. But then again, I also expect that the currently failing strategy of the armed jihadists to provoke the British government into retaliating against Muslims in general, will sooner or later succeed.

Therefore, total distrust of the pagan National State remains absolutely necessary. Anybody caught by surprise by what pagan National State will sooner or later be doing, will have trusted and believed that false, pagan god. When that false, pagan god starts demanding flesh and blood, it is only fair that this will be served from its own followers, since it is the singular God himself, our beloved Master, who will enforce Divine Law, and hand over to Satan the flesh, blood, and souls of Satan's followers.

cooterhein
08-25-2016, 06:56 AM
"Espousing belief in" is an opinion. Here, you are still attacking people on their ideas, just because you do not like these ideas.
It depends on what is being expressed, legally speaking it could qualify as speech which incites violence. Therefore, some speech, depending on the totality of circumstances, can be treated as violence because the person doing the speaking is held responsible for the violence that someone else carries out. Example- Anjem Choudary, who is now in jail.

This is a different matter. If they carry out armed struggle, they are doing something else than just advocating ideas. That behaviour has another status than merely espousing a particular belief. You clearly refuse to distinguish.
It depends, sometimes an opinion is just an opinion. Sometimes the expression of violent ideology is obviously intended to incite violence, and then it does. When that is the case, what you're talking about is a distinction without a difference. In the case of Anjem Choudary, we had a nice long wait before any action was taken, not until after more than one person had left the UK to go fight for Daesh while leaving behind communication clearly stating that Choudary was directly responsible for their decision to do so. His speech alone, if judged to be speech that will incite violence, could have put him in jail before anyone had acted on it. But the UK handled him with kid gloves.

That is not good, because your point of view justifies the use of force against whoever says things that you do not like.
I'm not being cryptic in what I'm saying, my point of view only justifies use of force against people who are clearly guilty of speech which obviously incites imminent lawless action. Just about every other kind of speech is perfectly fine, but if the expression of your "opinions" incites imminent lawless action then you're toast.

As I said before, your approach will rapidly degenerate into an otherwise useless violence fest.
No it won't, because I'm explaining these terms precisely and clearly. Jihadists engage in speech which is not protected by free speech laws, because jihadists clearly and directly promote lawless acts of violence for the purpose of spreading Islam. (Unless it's defensive jihad, but that's not applicable in the UK).

There are good reasons why outlawing speech is a very strictly controlled activity:
Yes of course, speech that's not protected is precisely defined and there are several factors that go into its evaluation.

Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 U.S. 444 (1969), was a landmark United States Supreme Court case based on the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The Court held that government cannot punish inflammatory speech unless that speech is directed to inciting, and is likely to incite, imminent lawless action. Specifically, it struck down Ohio's criminal syndicalism statute, because that statute broadly prohibited the mere advocacy of violence.
That's a good point, the mere advocacy of violence is protected. It is a rather tight definition, that's why I'm talking about speech directed to inciting (or likely to incite) imminent lawless action.

And here's what I'm telling you. If a jihadist is any good at being a jihadist, at least to a point where his beliefs are clearly communicated and obviously defined as jihadist, this is a person whose speech is directed toward inciting imminent lawless action. If that were at all unclear, it would not be so obvious that the person is really a jihadist. To whatever extent a person is clearly and obviously a jihadist, that is the extent to which their speech is not mere advocacy, but is in fact directed to and very likely to incite imminent lawless action. It's a defining feature of jihadists, and once again, that's what they do.

... the constitutional guarantees of free speech and free press do not permit a State to forbid or proscribe advocacy of the use of force or of law violation except where such advocacy is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action ...
Is there any part of "this is an actual jihadist" that does Not suggest to you that this person is working on producing imminent lawless action?

... his speech "amounted to nothing more than advocacy of illegal action at some indefinite future time," and therefore did not meet the imminence requirement...
If you're talking about Choudary, there were citizens of the UK who left the UK to go fight for Daesh, and some of their communication clearly stated that Choudary was their reason for doing that. Choudary's jihadist speech went way past imminence, it is firmly in the realm of actuality.

Forbidden speech is:

[1] Slanderous, while bearing false witness
[2] Blasphemous
[3] Advocating imminent lawless action
Are there blasphemy laws in the UK? I wasn't aware of that.

At the same time, it is perfectly allowed under both Divine Law, and relatively consistent man-made law to advocate the violent overthrow of the State. There is simply nothing forbidden to the practice of advocating the use of force to overthrow the State.
That might be true, I'm not sure, but I'd like to see an external source.

You fail to distinguish between advocating armed conflict for the purpose of spreading Islam versus effectively engaging in armed conflict for the purpose of spreading Islam. They are absolutely not the same thing. There is nothing wrong with merely advocating this.
If advocacy is intended to incite, and likely to incite, imminent lawless action....including violence, including sedition for the purpose of armed conflict....there is really no distinction between the person whose speech led to the actions of several other people, and the people who listened to him and physically carried it out. Insofar as the link between speech and actions is clear and provable with evidence, which in the case of Choudary it very much is.

By failing to distinguish between someone who merely advocates jihadism and someone who effectively engages in it, you are encouraging the other side to do the same. They may very well stop distinguishing between armed anti-jihadist combatants and people who merely support or advocate anti-jihadism. You are effectively making it physically dangerous to pronounce anti-jihadist statements.
All I'm doing is interpreting existing law with accuracy. Jihadists do this as well, that's why they constantly dance around questions that have to do with obviously illegal acts of violence. They know what the laws are, and they are very careful when they're in front of a camera.

Attacking the advocates on the opposite side, just guarantees that advocates on your own side are also running serious risks. So, you are simply justifying that the armed jihadists symmetrically attack anti-jihad advocates.
I'm rather comfortable with that, since the jihadists are working from a position of weakness.

Well, the amalgamation that you advocate, by ominously using the OR connector, is a dangerous point of view. We must agree to disagree here. All that you are achieving by doing that, is to justify the use of force against anti-Jihadist advocates.
Justify in what way exactly? It would still be an illegal act of violence, would it not? By what metric is it justified?

Furthermore, in line with the analysis made in Brandenburg versus Ohio, my point of view is that advocacy of a violent overthrow of the National State constitutes perfectly permissible behaviour.
You might be wrong, and I suggest double-checking that.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

This amendment clearly implies
Let me stop you right there. There is absolutely nothing clear about that amendment. Its grammar and syntax alone is a total mess, and it doesn't....no, there's absolutely nothing clear about it. Whatever you may personally take away from it, I promise there is wide latitude for interpretation and some serious legal history of important people working in a professional capacity, doing just that.

Brandenburg v. Ohio, on the other hand, is quite a bit more clear and straightforward.

kritikvernunft
08-25-2016, 07:34 AM
... can be treated as violence because the person doing the speaking is held responsible for the violence that someone else carries out ...
This is only the case when this person carries it out under supervision of that person. That is, for example, why an employer is responsible for his staff. It requires SUPERVISION.
Example- Anjem Choudary, who is now in jail.
Choudary did NOT supervise the combatants who went to Syria. He was NOT their employer.
... while leaving behind communication clearly stating that Choudary was directly responsible for their decision to do so...
It is still themselves doing it.
His speech alone, if judged to be speech that will incite violence, could have put him in jail before anyone had acted on it. But the UK handled him with kid gloves.
Well, this is exactly how the UK lost the revolutionary war in the American colonies: by putting people in jail for clamouring for the independence of the thirteen colonies and demanding that they would become thirteen united states. What difference did all of the jailing make? It only encouraged and emboldened the revolutionaries. Marquess Cornwallis and his expeditionary force were still brought to their knees on 19 October 1781, and the Marquess was simply forced to surrender his sword.
... but if the expression of your "opinions" incites imminent lawless action then you're toast ...
Causing imminent lawless action means shouting "fire" in a crowded theater.
It therefore also requires an element of deception.
Choudary did not deceive anybody.
... clearly and directly promote lawless acts of violence ...
This is protected speech, as long as it does not deceives the audience into doing something with immediacy.
Advocating to fight in Syria can never amount to cause imminent action, because the audience would still need to travel to Syria first.
That's a good point, the mere advocacy of violence is protected.
Exactly.
If a jihadist is any good at being a jihadist, at least to a point where his beliefs are clearly communicated and obviously defined as jihadist, this is a person whose speech is directed toward inciting imminent lawless action.
Most situations do not lend themselves to imminent action. Choudary inciting persons in the UK to do something in Syria cannot be inciting to imminent action, because these persons would still need to travel to Syria first.
... the extent to which their speech is not mere advocacy, but is in fact directed to and very likely to incite imminent lawless action ...
In that case, you are claiming that these people were acting under supervision of Choudary. This has never been claimed before.
If you're talking about Choudary, there were citizens of the UK who left the UK to go fight for Daesh, and some of their communication clearly stated that Choudary was their reason for doing that. Choudary's jihadist speech went way past imminence, it is firmly in the realm of actuality.
The fact that they had to travel to Syria first, makes it NON-imminent. Furthermore, you have never claimed that Choudary was supervising them.
Are there blasphemy laws in the UK? I wasn't aware of that.
No, the provisions against blasphemy are usually enforced by mob justice! ;-)
Still, it does not matter who exactly enforces such provisions. As soon as they are being enforced, they become very real.
...there is really no distinction between the person whose speech led to the actions of several other people, and the people who listened to him and physically carried it out ...
This is only true when these people are carrying out these actions under supervision of that person. You never said that Choudary supervised them. It would be a different accusation altogether. If Choudary supervises these fighters in a similar fashion as an employer supervises his staff, he would indeed be responsible for what they do.
Insofar as the link between speech and actions is clear and provable with evidence, which in the case of Choudary it very much is.
No, because for the case of advocacy, the accusation fails on imminence, just because of the distance between the UK and Syria, and you have also never argued that Choudary had been supervising these fighters.
Jihadists do this as well, that's why they constantly dance around questions that have to do with obviously illegal acts of violence.
In the case of Choudary, you fail to take into account that the acts were supposed to take place in Syria, which is a territorial entity over which the UK government does not claim jurisdiction.
They know what the laws are ...
The UK does not claim sovereignty or jurisdiction over Syria. It is not a UK problem what people do there. In the other case, Syrian tribunals could also start judging acts that took place on UK territory. Nobody is interested in opening that can of worms.
Justify in what way exactly? It would still be an illegal act of violence, would it not? By what metric is it justified?
In the Philadelphia declaration of independence, the revolutionaries in the American colonies clearly advocated the use of force against the UK, its police force, and its armies. It was justified by the metric that they managed to successfully win their war of independence. If they had lost, they would be known today as criminal outcasts. When you go to war, the only metric is that you are not allowed to lose. Vae victis.

Abz2000
08-25-2016, 08:12 AM
The onion debates are excellent, just so long as you know they're onion debates......

kritikvernunft
08-25-2016, 08:27 AM
The onion debates are excellent, just so long as you know they're onion debates......
Choudary is really in prison. I would seriously have a lot of fun trying to get him out of there. I actually want to join a Virtual Association that tries to get him released. We can try lots of strategies to exhaust the adversary. If we keep doing that for long enough, they are going to release him, just because they are sick and tired of the circus! ;-)

Seriously, we could do that, just for the hell of it! ;-)

cooterhein
08-25-2016, 08:51 AM
This is only the case when this person carries it out under supervision of that person. That is, for example, why an employer is responsible for his staff. It requires SUPERVISION.
I'm not sure where you're picking that up from, because that assertion is not a part of any legal code that I'm aware of. As far as I'm aware, it absolutely does not require supervision. It doesn't even require that someone act on it at all, so long as it seems pretty obvious that someone will. For example, if someone were to post a detailed step by step plan of how to carry out an act of domestic terrorism against a target of some significance, that could easily lead to jail time if the directions and reasoning and persuasion attached to this information seem like they're intended to get some action and if it seems fairly plausible that it will. That information will be removed when discovered, and the person who did it will need a lawyer. No one is going to wait for the thing to happen, and then ask if the person who incited it was directly supervising the person who carried it out. That's just absurd.

Causing imminent lawless action means shouting "fire" in a crowded theater.
It therefore also requires an element of deception.
Choudary did not deceive anybody.
That is one example, it does not constrain this aspect of the law to deception. Also, I would argue that Choudary was guilty of all sorts of deception, but that is open to a variety of religious opinions.

This is protected speech, as long as it does not deceives the audience into doing something with immediacy.
Advocating to fight in Syria can never amount to cause imminent action, because the audience would still need to travel to Syria first.
Deception is not a requirement for this to apply, and in order for something to be imminent it doesn't demand immediacy. Imminence has more to do with certainty than with a particular time frame.

Most situations do not lend themselves to imminent action. Choudary inciting persons in the UK to do something in Syria cannot be inciting to imminent action, because these persons would still need to travel to Syria first.
Again, imminent and immediate are separate matters. If something cannot be immediately done, it can still be imminent.

In that case, you are claiming that these people were acting under supervision of Choudary. This has never been claimed before.
I said that his speech was "directed to inciting" and "very likely to incite." (Also, that it certainly did). That's what I said. So when you tell me I'm claiming "these people were acting under supervision of Choudary," no I am not saying that. What you are doing is making something up. His speech was directed to inciting, and it was very likely to incite. It's possible to do all that without ever meeting someone in person. His speech, in and of itself, was illegal because of its direction and its intent. And its content, let's not forget that, but these are the other factors. Did he supervise? No. But that's entirely irrelevant.

The fact that they had to travel to Syria first, makes it NON-imminent.
That makes it non-immediate, but it does not make it non-imminent.

Furthermore, you have never claimed that Choudary was supervising them.
That's right, I never have claimed that, nor have I even implied it. Which means you never should have attributed it to me.

The UK does not claim sovereignty or jurisdiction over Syria. It is not a UK problem what people do there. In the other case, Syrian tribunals could also start judging acts that took place on UK territory. Nobody is interested in opening that can of worms.
You're making a big point out of Syria being a country that does not reside within the UK. The thing is though, Choudary does reside in the UK. His actions are judged by the UK, because he's a UK citizen. So what if Syria isn't in the UK? Do you honestly think Syria is going to regulate the speech of Anjem Choudary?

cooterhein
08-25-2016, 08:55 AM
Choudary is really in prison. I would seriously have a lot of fun trying to get him out of there. I actually want to join a Virtual Association that tries to get him released. We can try lots of strategies to exhaust the adversary. If we keep doing that for long enough, they are going to release him, just because they are sick and tired of the circus! ;-)

Seriously, we could do that, just for the hell of it! ;-)
You should definitely get in contact with Anonymous and try to get them on board with this. As a matter of fact, you should tell them all your plans and conspiracy theories, I'm sure they'll love them and work with you closely in order to help make them happen.

It's really not that hard to get in contact with them, I'm sure you know exactly where to go.

kritikvernunft
08-25-2016, 09:35 AM
For example, if someone were to post a detailed step by step plan of how to carry out an act of domestic terrorism against a target of some significance, that could easily lead to jail time if the directions and reasoning and persuasion attached to this information seem like they're intended to get some action and if it seems fairly plausible that it will.
This is a silly discussion, because all of that can trivially be circumvented by doing it anonymously.
That information will be removed when discovered, and the person who did it will need a lawyer.
The National State would first have to figure out who exactly posted that information. If they were capable of doing that, how comes that the tor network is full of information that the State would consider illegal? I can see it every day, if I want to! ;-)
Furthermore, the war on information, i.e. the war on the internet, is something that National States can impossibly win.
Also, I would argue that Choudary was guilty of all sorts of deception, but that is open to a variety of religious opinions.
Deception amounts to purposely and knowingly lying. It is NOT about having another opinion than yourself. Therefore, prove your case. Show that Choudary has been telling lies. Unless you do this, what you are saying, just amounts to slander.
His speech, in and of itself, was illegal because of its direction and its intent. That makes it non-immediate, but it does not make it non-imminent.
I believe that speech should be anonymous by default. The National State should not be informed as to who is saying what to whom. The fact that they are jailing people for what they say, simply proves my point. With the tor network and similar technologies, we are expelling the National State out of judging the legitimacy of speech and any of their other attempts at enforcing their detestable man-made law.
Do you honestly think Syria is going to regulate the speech of Anjem Choudary?
Speech is not a valid object of regulation. Since anonymous speech renders slander impossible, it would only leave us to deal with the forbidden speech types of blasphemy and deception.

Choudary is not guilty of anything whatsoever. Furthermore, your point of view will prove to be untenable, because the extremists will use it to justify to use of force against anybody who has opinions that they do not like. That is why attacking Choudary just for expressing his opinions is so dangerous. You are simply asking for the situation to further escalate.

But then again, people like Choudary may still want to consider using the tor network to prevent National States from interfering with their otherwise entirely legitimate speech.

Perhaps this would also give us the opportunity to convince Choudary that it would make sense to modulate his calls for solving problems by using force with much more consideration as to their effectiveness. Seriously, if the problem can be solved without using force, it is pretty much always preferable not to use it. It is usually just a question of putting in the effort necessary to find such a way.

Still, the use of force is and should remain governed by the Qisas. Therefore, its legitimacy is essentially neutral. In accordance with Divine Law, the morality of hostility is entirely predicated on the history that leads up to the hostile act.

Abz2000
08-25-2016, 09:41 AM
Maybe they could leave some leaflets with "release brother anjem" scattered about during every operation lawful within Allah's sight.

kritikvernunft
08-25-2016, 10:19 AM
Maybe they could leave some leaflets with "release brother anjem" scattered about during every operation lawful within Allah's sight.
Well, I would not recommend to discuss what exactly to do, unless you are completely anonymous.
The National State will otherwise liberally attack you for what you are saying.
Without anonymity, any real discussion about how to effect anything is pointless and ineffective.
It is a requirement to expel the National State and its threats of violence out of the discussion first.

Abz2000
08-25-2016, 10:33 AM
Well, I would not recommend to discuss what exactly to do, unless you are completely anonymous.
The National State will otherwise liberally attack you for what you are saying.
Without anonymity, any real discussion about how to effect anything is pointless and ineffective.
It is a requirement to expel the National State and its threats of violence out of the discussion first.
God has sent His messengers, revealed the Quran, and granted wisdom and intelligence, why pretend you are talking about a solution lawful and just within Allah's sight if you're going to resort to shuffling about in your chair when such a lawful suggestion is provided lol?
God is the greatest above all.

cooterhein
08-25-2016, 10:37 AM
This is a silly discussion, because all of that can trivially be circumvented by doing it anonymously.
All of this rests on the assumption of actual evidence, of course. And with evidence, under circumstances x y and z, this is the expected outcome.

The National State would first have to figure out who exactly posted that information. If they were capable of doing that, how comes that the tor network is full of information that the State would consider illegal? I can see it every day, if I want to! ;-)
Furthermore, the war on information, i.e. the war on the internet, is something that National States can impossibly win.
To your point about the tor network, I was actually watching an Information Wars program on Vice TV the other day, there was an interesting conversation with one of the whitehats working on the side of the government, and according to this person there was a stretch of time a couple of years back (it lasted just a few weeks) during which the Firefox browser could be exploited, and as long as anyone was accessing the tor network via Firefox, they were exposed. So the national state (which is in no way related to pagan religious beliefs) was aware of this, and they used it for surveillance purposes until they felt like they'd nailed enough people. Then they let Mozilla know they had a problem and that everyone had been exposed for a little while, and now it's been patched. But for anyone who was using the tor network, they never would have known that their browser was leaving them exposed until it was too late.

You never know, man. It's not just Firefox. Every browser goes through its times of exposure, and you don't find out until after the fact.

Deception amounts to purposely and knowingly lying. It is NOT about having another opinion than yourself. Therefore, prove your case. Show that Choudary has been telling lies. Unless you do this, what you are saying, just amounts to slander.
What I said about him lying was an incidental comment and not entirely serious, it was more of a shot at him for believing in things that are false. Whatever actual deception he was actually guilty of, he did in order to avoid being arrested while continuing to act as an enemy of the state. In any case, proof of actual deception is not the point, because the reason he went to prison doesn't have anything to do with his honesty or lack thereof.

Speech is not a valid object of regulation.
Most of the time that's completely true, in some carefully defined instances free speech is not protected though.

Since anonymous speech renders slander impossible, it would only leave us to deal with the forbidden speech types of blasphemy and deception.
Oddly enough, blasphemy is not illegal and deception is universally disliked on moral grounds but legally speaking it's almost never actionable unless you get it in writing. I don't know why I'm telling you this, though, because....well, it's you.

Choudary is not guilty of anything whatsoever.
Sure he is. He's guilty of breaking UK law. Simple as that. UK law exists, people are punished when they break it, he broke it and is now being punished.

Furthermore, your point of view will prove to be untenable, because the extremists will use it to justify to use of force against anybody who has opinions that they do not like.
Extremists already do that. Prevailing opinion states that secular laws are the way to go, and that secular liberalism religious liberty and pluralism are all good things that should be protected. Extremists, especially of the jihadist variety, Already feel justified in using force even though these opinions are not specifically directed right at them.

That is why attacking Choudary just for expressing his opinions is so dangerous.
I am not attacking Choudary just for expressing his opinions, and I'd appreciate it if you would stop repeating that.

Seriously, if the problem can be solved without using force, it is pretty much always preferable not to use it. It is usually just a question of putting in the effort necessary to find such a way.
I can agree with that. Question, though. What if there's something that you see as a problem- please remember that it's only your opinion that it is a problem, it's a personal assessment of yours- and as it turns out, there are no possible ways for it to be solved to your satisfaction. Whether you use violence or not, either way you won't get what you want. What do you recommend to such a person, if that is an accurate judgment of the actual prospects? I think this is a rather important question, in the abstract and not for you personally, so I hope you'll run it as a hypothetical and give it some thought.

Still, the use of force is and should remain governed by the Qisas. Therefore, its legitimacy is essentially neutral. In accordance with Divine Law, the morality of hostility is entirely predicated on the history that leads up to the hostile act.
Hm. How about that. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, at some point I should ask an actual Muslim to explain that to me.

kritikvernunft
08-25-2016, 10:41 AM
...if you're going to resort to shuffling about in your chair ...
Your opinion reflects faith and trust in the National State, and the questionable belief that it will not harass you for no good reason. It does not represent faith in the singular God ! ;-)
Of course, the National State will seek to harass you, regardless of what you may say or do.
You cannot trust the National State whatsoever. If you do anyway, do not be surprised when it attacks you.

Abz2000
08-25-2016, 10:41 AM
Yous two have got quite a thing going innit?

اتَّخَذُواْ أَحْبَارَهُمْ وَرُهْبَانَهُمْ أَرْبَابًا مِّن دُونِ اللّهِ وَالْمَسِيحَ ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ وَمَا أُمِرُواْ إِلاَّ لِيَعْبُدُواْ إِلَـهًا وَاحِدًا لاَّ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ سُبْحَانَهُ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ {31*

They take their doctors of law and their monks for Lords besides Allah, and (also) the Messiah, son of Mary. And they were enjoined that they should serve one God only -- there is no god but He. Be He glorified from what they set up (with Him)!

Quran 9:31

kritikvernunft
08-25-2016, 11:03 AM
But for anyone who was using the tor network, they never would have known that their browser was leaving them exposed until it was too late.
If your OS knows your IP address, then your browser can also know, and then it could indeed reveal it. There are many ways to prevent your own OS from knowing your IP address. Example: use a guest virtual machine that routs its traffic through a whonix (or other similar) gateway in a second virtual machine. It is simple: the OS cannot reveal what it does not know, and firefox cannot ask to the OS what it does not know itself. You cannot solve the problem at the level at which it was created. That is one reason why serious users do not use tor browser. It is a workaround with just one single line of defense.
Sure he is. He's guilty of breaking UK law. Simple as that. UK law exists, people are punished when they break it, he broke it and is now being punished.
His error is that he should have called for people to join an Anonymous Virtual Association on the tor network. Next, he could anonymously explain his views. I do not say that what Choudary says is right or wrong. I suspect, however, that he must be right about a lot of things. Still, people should not speak openly about these things. They should be anonymous. UK man-made law should not be allowed to interfere with otherwise entirely legitimate speech.
Extremists, especially of the jihadist variety, Already feel justified in using force even though these opinions are not specifically directed right at them.
Well, thanks for making the problem even worse! ;-)
I am not attacking Choudary just for expressing his opinions, and I'd appreciate it if you would stop repeating that.
Ha! But you are! You insist that Choudary should go to prison for his opinions. I think that it is utterly wrong to emprison Choudary for expressing his opinions.
Whether you use violence or not, either way you won't get what you want.
Not true at all. With bitcoin, we are taking the banking system to the cleaners. National States are so desperate that they do not want lose face by inventing unenforceable laws to prevent it. Both Russia and China have already backpedaled from trying to do that. Inventing new laws will not help. The system was designed specifically with a view on making National States powerless to do anything about it.

kritikvernunft
08-25-2016, 11:15 AM
They take their doctors of law and their monks for Lords besides Allah...
Because I am interested in getting Choudary released?
So, are you now also claiming that he should sit in jail?
Why do you want to discourage people who want to free Choudary?

kritikvernunft
08-25-2016, 11:21 AM
Thanks for bringing that to my attention, at some point I should ask an actual Muslim to explain that to me.
You see, in a sense, you are right. I mostly use Islam as a tool. It is quite effective as an instrument to achieve particular goals, as long as your are not engaging in behaviour that is forbidden by its law. Seriously, my goal is not be labeled as a Muslim, because it would actually do nothing much for me. I just want to use it to achieve certain objectives. Furthermore, it is our beloved Master, the singular God, who will ultimately be the judge of that! ;-)

Abz2000
08-25-2016, 11:26 AM
Because I am interested in getting Choudary released?
So, are you now also claiming that he should sit in jail?
Why do you want to discourage people who want to free Choudary?
I want to see justice established in truth, and that is only acheived to the best extent humanly possible by establishing the rules of the Master of The Universe in humility, obedience and sincerity.......something that's become obvious after witnessing the impotence, injustice, falsehood, tyranny, irrationality, baseless whims and hypocrisy practised by the secular atheist and munaafiq leaders of late.

cooterhein
08-25-2016, 09:45 PM
If your OS knows your IP address, then your browser can also know, and then it could indeed reveal it. There are many ways to prevent your own OS from knowing your IP address. Example: use a guest virtual machine that routs its traffic through a whonix (or other similar) gateway in a second virtual machine. It is simple: the OS cannot reveal what it does not know, and firefox cannot ask to the OS what it does not know itself. You cannot solve the problem at the level at which it was created. That is one reason why serious users do not use tor browser. It is a workaround with just one single line of defense.
I can see you're well prepared, looks like you don't have much to worry about after all.

His error is that he should have called for people to join an Anonymous Virtual Association on the tor network. Next, he could anonymously explain his views. I do not say that what Choudary says is right or wrong. I suspect, however, that he must be right about a lot of things. Still, people should not speak openly about these things. They should be anonymous. UK man-made law should not be allowed to interfere with otherwise entirely legitimate speech.
It's awfully difficult to have any significant impact on mainstream Islam from the tor network, though. And I don't think Choudary's main goal was to quietly and subversively convince a few people to commit acts of violence, his main goal was to have a certain kind of influence on mainstream Islam while avoiding legal trouble. As far as I'm aware, anyway.

Well, thanks for making the problem even worse! ;-)
I see it as a problem-neutral sort of scenario.

Ha! But you are! You insist that Choudary should go to prison for his opinions. I think that it is utterly wrong to emprison Choudary for expressing his opinions.
Ha! I told you already, that is not accurate! I insist that Choudary go to prison for inciting lawless acts of violence and acting in a way that caused harm to others. I can see why you'd want to express it in the way that you are- an opinion, taken by itself, is perfectly harmless and you wish for people to assume without further evidence that he simply had opinions and did no harm. That is incredibly misleading, because Anjem Choudary cannot possibly be held harmless. What he did was intended to cause harm, and more to the point it unquestionably did. So once again, if you Must insist on saying Choudary is in prison "just for his opinions," make sure it's clear that comes from you and not from me.

kritikvernunft
08-25-2016, 10:23 PM
I insist that Choudary go to prison for inciting lawless acts of violence ... I can see why you'd want to express it in the way that you are- an opinion, taken by itself, is perfectly harmless and you wish for people to assume without further evidence that he simply had opinions and did no harm ...
In the end, it is still all about what Choudary has said.
UK man-made law would not have been able to reach him, if Choudary had said it anonymously.
It would have made the whole point moot.
In fact, in general, all the tools needed to defeat the National State decisively, in every possible realm, exist already.
Sometimes I wonder how it is possible that things like National States still exist?
These monsters should be gone by now ...

cooterhein
08-29-2016, 08:48 PM
In the end, it is still all about what Choudary has said.
He was saying things for 20 years without being charged with a crime. Then something was a little different, and now he's got 10 years. None of what you keep repeating explains that.

UK man-made law would not have been able to reach him, if Choudary had said it anonymously.
It would have made the whole point moot.
But that isn't what happened, so....

In fact, in general, all the tools needed to defeat the National State decisively, in every possible realm, exist already.
Not every issue necessarily returns to the question of how to "defeat the National State." Actually, for most issues that's fairly irrelevant.

Sometimes I wonder how it is possible that things like National States still exist?
Maybe because your low opinion of them is just your opinion, and it doesn't have as much traction in reality and in fact as you think it does.

kritikvernunft
08-30-2016, 03:26 AM
He was saying things for 20 years without being charged with a crime. Then something was a little different, and now he's got 10 years. None of what you keep repeating explains that.
The funny thing about man-made law is that there are 200+ different versions of it. Under American man-made law, Choudary has done absolutely nothing wrong. The Americans wanted to get rid of British man-made law, because they said it sucks big time. In their declaration of independence, they justify this by invoking Divine Law:

... to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them ...

That is obviously not much different from what Choudary has been saying all the time: The British National State invents imbecile man-made law, and must be held to account to Divine Law.

...That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government ... it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government ... The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations ...

Ok. So, Choudary pretty much said the same there too.

... He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither ..

They really seem to be doing it again, aren't they? ;-)

... He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance ...

Yes, the National State eats way too much.

... In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury...

So true. Now, they have even thrown our favourite negotiator in jail, our beloved Choudary. Can you imagine?

Not every issue necessarily returns to the question of how to "defeat the National State." Actually, for most issues that's fairly irrelevant. Maybe because your low opinion of them is just your opinion, and it doesn't have as much traction in reality and in fact as you think it does.
Still, it was clear that someone or something was going to put an end to all the abuses made possible by incessantly inventing man-made law, and that if you put our humble negotiators, such as Choudary, in prison, that there will be no other option than to disavow the Crown, and hence:

That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved.

Futuwwa
09-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Anyone can in theory be a citizen of the UK, but someone who repeatedly encourages armed jihad against this country must have their right to citizenship called into question. Since 2002, the British government does have the power to denaturalise British citizens, even if they were born in the UK.
Which, as it happens, is a violation of internationally established human rights.

Maybe, but if they were in a position to enforce the laws of the land, and had found me guilty, then I would have no choice in the matter.
That doesn't answer whether they have the right to do so, you're hiding behind the question of whether they'd have the ability to enforce it. You are dodging the question by mixing up the positive with the normative, the "ought" with the "is", to put it in Kantian terms.

Let's put it in other terms, then. Let's say they would be in a position to legally banish you, but have no ability to enforce the banishment. Would you accept it as their moral right to do that to you and subject to it out of it allegedly being the right thing to do, or would you resist?

That's a bit hard to respond to since "jihadist" is effectively a meaningless buzzword nowadays. I have literally no idea what you mean by it, what makes anyone count or not count as one.

The very fact there is a "Muslim Question", as you put it, indicates that there is a problem. I would like to see a solution as much as anyone else, but it's not going to happen unless people are able to discuss the issue freely and without fear. Just being able to criticise Islam on public media without receiving death threats would be a start.

I am sure you mean well too, but you certainly are paranoid. I can't say I blame you; if I were a Muslim I expect I'd be feeling pretty paranoid too. I wish you good luck in your journey through life.

Peace
We are discussing it now, aren't we? The Muslim Question is discussed openly and widely, the number of people who have actually been killed for "criticizing Islam" in countries where Muslims are a minority is negligibly small. Here's an idea, how about recognizing the right for Muslims to adhere to any beliefs and hold and express any opinions whatsoever without becoming subject to have their right to membership in society put under review? That, too, is required for free discussion without fear, or the need for paranoia for that matter.

muslim brother
10-02-2016, 12:55 PM
we need more people like shaykh shams ud duha who will challenge idiots head on.

also watch shaykhs video on the lee rigby killing and on the idiotic patrols

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.