/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Scared of Sleeping?

mezzi_sohal
08-17-2016, 05:23 AM
Whenever I start drifting off to sleep, I get such scary shirk thoughts, and in such a drowsy state I am afraid I might mistakenly, even just for a second, believe these thoughts. For this reason I am getting only 2-4 hours of sleep a night. I just stay up frantically saying the shahada over and over and asking Allah for forgiveness and protection and scouring the Internet for advice. What can I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hend.abuauf
08-17-2016, 06:01 AM
Once you get these thoughts, say this is nonsense and seek refuge from Allah against shaitan as it is from shaitan and say the shahada and sleep.

Keep saying to yourself this is nonsense and seeking refuge and engage your self in some dhikr w Quran instead or do doaa

jabeady
08-17-2016, 02:39 PM
Remembering that I'm not a Muslim, why is this an issue? If Allah truly is all-knowing and merciful, would he really be offended by thoughts that come to a person when that person is not in full control of himself?

hend.abuauf
08-17-2016, 02:44 PM
He will not be accounted for thoughts that he couldn't control but these thoughts come from shaitan and if he kept thinking that way he will believe in it later and at that point he will be accounted for it.

That is why we say that he should seek refuge of Allah against shaitan and say shahada and say that all of that is nonsense so that he will not go further in these thoughts and believe in it, that is it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 02:49 PM
Ignore the thoughts and sleep. They are simply Wasaawis from Shaytaan.

Try to always be in a state of Wudhoo. Increase your Dhikr of Allaah Ta`aalaa.

You can make Dhikr until you fall asleep.

ربنا لا تزغ قلوبنا بعد إذ هديتنا وهب لنا من لدنك رحمة إنك أنت الوهاب

آمين يا رب العالمين

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.