/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If a Muslim has been credited money onto his account by mistake

S.Ali786
08-17-2016, 09:00 AM
Salams, If a bank has refunded money back into your account due to a false payment made from your account and the company the payment was made to also refunds you back the same money, would it be a sin if you did not let your bank know? Also, what are the rewards of giving it back? Jazak'Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
LaSorcia
08-17-2016, 12:10 PM
I think you probably already know what is the right thing to do.

http://www.kuftaro.net/english/activ...%20act_no=%206

jabeady
08-17-2016, 02:21 PM
What Allah will do, Allah will do. Another question is, What will happen if the bank finds out before you tell them?

It seems to me that a supposedly devout person who has to ask whether to return money not rightfully his, is not all that worried about God's law, but may be better persuaded by contemplating man's law.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 02:33 PM
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

The money should be refunded. Muslims don't deceive.

It's just Dunyaa. You give something away for the sake of Allaah Ta`aalaa, and He will give you more.

والسلام

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
08-17-2016, 02:50 PM
:salam:

Return it.

This is a test, do you fear Allah more or human beings.. Allah knows that money isn't yours.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Serinity
08-17-2016, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jabeady
What Allah will do, Allah will do. Another question is, What will happen if the bank finds out before you tell them?

It seems to me that a supposedly devout person who has to ask whether to return money not rightfully his, is not all that worried about God's law, but may be better persuaded by contemplating man's law.
This is not to belittle the OP, but think about this ^

If the men 1 week later knew, would you then return it if they asked? But what if they didn't, don't you think Allah :swt: will bring you to account for that, because Allah :swt: is all-Just.

Abz2000
08-17-2016, 06:09 PM
If the company is using the money for halal business then it is essential that you do not take their right,
If the bank is practicing haraam usury and they have no God given right to it, then it is your duty to use it for halaal purposes, returning money to those who are at war against God and His messengers is an injustice, if you justly keep it, at least 1/5th (20%) is for Allah and His messenger i.e. a government which is establishing the laws of Allah to the best of their ability.

If you think the userers will take it out of the account of the company doing halaal business, return it to the company.

ardianto
08-17-2016, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
If the company is using the money for halal business then it is essential that you do not take their right,
If the bank is practicing haraam usury and they have no God given right to it, then it is your duty to use it for halaal purposes, returning money to those who are at war against God and His messengers is an injustice, if you justly keep it, at least 1/5th (20%) is for Allah and His messenger i.e. a government which is establishing the laws of Allah to the best of their ability.

If you think the userers will take it out of the account of the company doing halaal business, return it to the company.
No, no, we are not allowed to take money that not belong to us, even if this money come from haram source. It's same like stealing.

Abz2000
08-17-2016, 07:01 PM
Look dude, i'm not here to just make baseless arguments, go read your Quran.
Usurious banks are at war with Allah and His messenger and if they refuse to give up practicing riba - any proceeds taken as lawful spoils is divided according to the laws of Quran and Sunnah.

Please comment based on facts instead of baseless whims and desires.
Anyways, the kaafir economy is about to crash in a big way soon so anyone who can bail out would be wise to do so, because the banks will either force the governments to bail them out again or they will begin repossessing properties fish bait hooked on near zero percent over the past few years.

honestly, people shouldn't feel guilty or burdened about the gold and silver taken as lawful spoils in God's way, but they should feel quivers if told to make a calf out of it in order to worship it.

Again, it is unlawful to unjustly take or withold someone's God given right. And it is God who defines what is lawful and unlawful. And if any property has come from a haram source but is now being used in a halal way, it is unlawful to usurp it.

278.*O ye who believe! Fear Allah, and give up what remains of your demand for usury, if ye are indeed believers.
279.*If ye do it not, Take notice of war from Allah and His Messenger.
But if ye turn back, ye shall have your capital sums:
Deal not unjustly, and ye shall not be dealt with unjustly.
280.*If the debtor is in a difficulty, grant him time Till it is easy for him to repay. But if ye remit it by way of charity, that is best for you if ye only knew.
281.*And fear the Day when ye shall be brought back to Allah. Then shall every soul be paid what it earned, and none shall be dealt with unjustly.

From Quran Al Baqarah, The Cow, Chapter 2

jabeady
08-17-2016, 07:36 PM
Anyways, the kaafir economy is about to crash in a big way soon so anyone who can bail out would be wise to do so, because the banks will either force the governments to bail them out again or they will begin repossessing properties fish bait hooked on near zero percent over the past few years.
Is this another version of how the world will end, yet again, this October 31st? I really hate it when that happens.

Muezzin
08-17-2016, 07:41 PM
Pay it back or donate it to charity.

Abz2000
08-17-2016, 07:57 PM
Is this another version of how the world will end, yet again, this October 31st? I really hate it when that happens.
Lol, only God knows when He's going to roll up sky and the world, but the kaafir economy? I would say one just needs to look at the facts, you take people's gold and silver coin which you've been debasing for centuries and tell them it's patriotic to hold notes as promissory bonds, you then inflate the economy with non-existent money until there's no gold left to pay back compound interest on loans, and then it crashes, you force (coax) the puppet governments to create more non-existent money to lend out on interest (banker bail-out), the economy inflates for a bigger crash, unless you create more non-existent money, and loan it out on interest, in order for people to pay the previous interest installments and so on.....until it becomes a zoo......and a loaf of bread costs a million roubles, or five billion trillion zimbabwean dollars and one pound of her narnian "majesty'"s promise backed sterling silver promissory note doesn't by a loaf of "kings"mill.....simple mathematics. The only real money worth spit in a camels mouth in that system is the middle eastern oil money which those foolish idiots invest in usurious banks which in turn are used to enslave them.

Expect huge bailouts/house reposessions/raised interest rates/food price hikes/riots/all of it.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 08:17 PM
Very true.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 08:21 PM
No one in the world can count like Zimbabweans.

It's $10 million for a loaf of bread. You have to bring a wheelbarrow full of money to the store to buy one loaf of bread.

Zimbabwe is the only country in the world that has a $100 trillion dollar bill.

A Zimbabwean resident, Tinashe Mushakavanhu wrote an article about how he was a quadrillionaire but could barely afford to buy bread.

jabeady
08-17-2016, 08:26 PM
Lol, only God knows when He's going to roll up sky and the world, but the kaafir economy? I would say one just needs to look at the facts, you take people's gold and silver coin which you've been debasing for centuries and tell them it's patriotic to hold notes as promissory bonds, you then inflate the economy with non-existent money until there's no gold left to pay back compound interest on loans, and then it crashes, you force (coax) the puppet governments...
Umm... No. No, I don't.

Abz2000
08-17-2016, 08:29 PM
Umm... No. No, I don't.
If you have money in a usury based bank, Yes. Yes, you do.

jabeady
08-17-2016, 08:55 PM
If you have money in a usury based bank, Yes. Yes, you do.
Wiki:
Historically in Christian societies, and still in many Islamic societies today, charging any interest at all can be considered usury.[3][4][5] Someone who practices usury can be called a usurer, but a more common term in contemporary English is loan shark.
Before we go any further, which definition are you using for usury? Charging interest, or charging abusive interest?

As I understand it, the 2008 financial crisis wasn't caused by abusive interest, but by the banks giving loans (especially home loans) to people who had no chance of paying the back. Specifically, it was a type of mortgage called "variable rate."

With a variable rate mortgage, you borrow money to buy a house at, say, 1.9% (an excellent rate for the borrower). Such a loan can be reassessed once each year and the rate can either be increased or decreased by no more than 1%, with a maximum increase or decrease of 5% for the life of the loan.

What happened in 2008, according to my memory, was something called the housing bubble. Everybody was borrowing money at super-low rates, and banks would hand out money like candy. Then, for reasons I forget, US corporations began laying off American workers. This meant that people could no longer make their house payments, and banks foreclosed. This, in turn, meant that the banks owned vacant houses that no one could afford to buy.

Serinity
08-17-2016, 09:12 PM
Lol, only God knows when He's going to roll up sky and the world, but the kaafir economy? I would say one just needs to look at the facts, you take people's gold and silver coin which you've been debasing for centuries and tell them it's patriotic to hold notes as promissory bonds, you then inflate the economy with non-existent money until there's no gold left to pay back compound interest on loans, and then it crashes, you force (coax) the puppet governments to create more non-existent money to lend out on interest (banker bail-out), the economy inflates for a bigger crash, unless you create more non-existent money, and loan it out on interest, in order for people to pay the previous interest installments and so on.....until it becomes a zoo......and a loaf of bread costs a million roubles, or five billion trillion zimbabwean dollars and one pound of her narnian "majesty'"s promise backed sterling silver promissory note doesn't by a loaf of "kings"mill.....simple mathematics. The only real money worth spit in a camels mouth in that system is the middle eastern oil money which those foolish idiots invest in usurious banks which in turn are used to enslave them.

Expect huge bailouts/house reposessions/raised interest rates/food price hikes/riots/all of it.
This is so true.

Abz2000
08-17-2016, 09:24 PM
Wiki:
Before we go any further, which definition are you using for usury? Charging interest, or charging abusive interest?

As I understand it, the 2008 financial crisis wasn't caused by abusive interest, but by the banks giving loans (especially home loans) to people who had no chance of paying the back. Specifically, it was a type of mortgage called "variable rate."

With a variable rate mortgage, you borrow money to buy a house at, say, 1.9% (an excellent rate for the borrower). Such a loan can be reassessed once each year and the rate can either be increased or decreased by no more than 1%, with a maximum increase or decrease of 5% for the life of the loan.

What happened in 2008, according to my memory, was something called the housing bubble. Everybody was borrowing money at super-low rates, and banks would hand out money like candy. Then, for reasons I forget, US corporations began laying off American workers. This meant that people could no longer make their house payments, and banks foreclosed. This, in turn, meant that the banks owned vacant houses that no one could afford to buy.
Charging interest on a loan is usury and is abusive, when i use a word, it'll obviously be the Islamic definition since i've accepted Islam as the truth from God....

The loans like candy before the 2008 crash was an effort to stall the crash that began to happen in George W Bush's first term, he managed to use the staged 9/11 false flag to begin a huge spending spree....obvious to those who care to look at graphs......
when that spending spree slowed, workers were obviously going to be laid off because the market had been on steroids, and since public opinion for the wars were down and war spending was slowing, fake money creation was also slowing, the ability of people to pay interest on money that didn't exist was disappearing and the ability to make new loans was drying up, a crash began to take place, so another fake money creation and spending spree began, the kaafir economy is now teetering and reaching a tipping point, please don't let them fool you into blaming jihadis and immigrants this time, they're staging the theatre to divert the blame for the upcoming crash.

Even more ironic is the fact that they've outsourced the inflation by exporting multiple trillions of dollars so it's not as visible as it would have been, all it takes is a huge drop in the dollar and when the nations of the world begin to dump dollars and buy grain, america will not be able to repay in goods even if you turn it upside down and squeeze it dry.
i fear to think or speak of what follows. The final prophet pbuh advised us to blow spit lightly three times and turn the other way if we see a nightmare......

Sahih Muslim 6896
Abu Bakra reported Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) as saying: There would soon be turmoil. Behold! there would be turmoil in which the one who would be seated would be better than one who would stand and the one who would stand would be better than one who would run. Behold! when the turmoil comes or it appears, the one who has camel should stick to his camel and he who has sheep or goat should stick to his sheep and goat and he who has land should stick to the land.
A person said: 'Allaah's Messenger, what is your opinion about one who has neither camel nor sheep nor land?
Thereupon, he said: He should take hold of his sword and beat its edge with the help of stone and then try to find a way of escape. O Allaah, I have conveyed (Thy Message) ; O Allaah, I have conveyed (Thy Message) ; O Allaah, I have conveyed (Thy Message).
A person said: Allaah's Messenger, what is your opinion it I am drawn to a rank in spite of myself, or in one of the groups and made to march and a man strikes with his sword or there comes an arrow and kills me? Thereupon he said: He will bear the punishment of his sin and that of yours and he would be one amongst the denizens of Hell.

http://www.sahihmuslim.com/sps/smm/s...ChapterID=1198

If there are still loans out there and one has a good credit rating....land and cattle aren't too bad of an idea when you consider the flipside in a towerblock without electricity, water or lifts, and rioting beneath.
And only God knows the unseen, just an option to keep in mind.

jabeady
08-17-2016, 09:45 PM
Charging interest on a loan is usury and is abusive, when i use a word, it'll obviously be the Islamic definition since i've accepted Islam as the truth from God....
Then we have a fundamental disagreement about definitions, in which case it would be a fight between a tiger and a shark. I doubt either of us would get very far.

Abz2000
08-17-2016, 10:34 PM
Then we have a fundamental disagreement about definitions, in which case it would be a fight between a tiger and a shark. I doubt either of us would get very far.
Lol, when i'm lying in bed with brain heamorrage, i realise i'm not required to fight, but to convey what i learn.
The message i convey is that of God, and He really has no worthy opponent, so you'd really be talking to the hand if you imagined that you were fighting anyone :)

jabeady
08-17-2016, 10:40 PM
If you say so.

ardianto
08-17-2016, 11:43 PM
Look dude, i'm not here to just make baseless arguments, go read your Quran.
I read Qur'an and I found that usury is haram. But, which verse that mention we can take and use someone else's money without permission from the owner?.

This topic is not about usury, but about someone's money that mistakenly sent to the wrong account. In this situation the only thing that the account holder must do is give back the money to the owner.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.