/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I repent anyway?

mezzi_sohal
08-17-2016, 05:25 PM
I had a shirk thought a while ago, but I rejected it immediately, yet it kept coming back. I did not believe it, but I am still scared. Should I avoid remembering it and move on or should I repent?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hend.abuauf
08-17-2016, 05:31 PM
You don't have to repent as this is waswasa from shaitan. Once you had a thought seek refuge from Allah against shaitan and make any kind of dhikr.

And avoid remembering it and move on because shaitan wants you to stop and think and repent, one time you will be convinced by it and you will not repent

so move on and don't even think about it

mezzi_sohal
08-17-2016, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hend.abuauf
You don't have to repent as this is waswasa from shaitan. Once you had a thought seek refuge from Allah against shaitan and make any kind of dhikr.

And avoid remembering it and move on because shaitan wants you to stop and think and repent, one time you will be convinced by it and you will not repent

so move on and don't even think about it
Thank you. But I still feel so guilty.

hend.abuauf
08-17-2016, 05:45 PM
You should not feel guilty because if you give waswasa more than what it deserves it will increase and after a while you will give up repenting as you will feel that every time you repent you have the same thought. And this is what shaitan wants

Waswasa may come in prayer or wudu' or any worship and its remedy is to ignore it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 05:52 PM
It is important that you ignore it. Don't think about it. Clear your mind. Make Dhikr. Focus on Allaah Ta`aalaa. Don't give any attention to Shaytaani Wasaawis. If Shaytaan sees that he is troubling you, it would only encourage him. Don't give him that.

Recite Ta`awwudh (A`oodhu Billaahi Minash Shaytaanir Rajeem) ten times every morning and every evening.

Try to stay with Wudhoo at all times. I mentioned this in another post, but I'm mentioning it here again: Wudhoo is the shield of the Mu'min against Shaytaan. A person who stays with Wudhoo at all times enjoys special protection from Allaah Ta`aalaa. Shaytaan has no power against such a person. So try to be with Wudhoo at all times and when going to bed. Another very important thing is that you should try never to be for a long time in a state of Janaabah (major impurity).

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 05:53 PM
Work on attaining Khushoo` and Khudhoo` in Salaah. If you are able to clear your mind and focus on Allaah Ta`aalaa Alone during your Salaah, you will be able to do so at all times, In Shaa Allaah.

Serinity
08-17-2016, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
It is important that you ignore it. Don't think about it. Clear your mind. Make Dhikr. Focus on Allaah Ta`aalaa. Don't give any attention to Shaytaani Wasaawis. If Shaytaan sees that he is troubling you, it would only encourage him. Don't give him that.

Recite Ta`awwudh (A`oodhu Billaahi Minash Shaytaanir Rajeem) ten times every morning and every evening.

Try to stay with Wudhoo at all times. I mentioned this in another post, but I'm mentioning it here again: Wudhoo is the shield of the Mu'min against Shaytaan. A person who stays with Wudhoo at all times enjoys special protection from Allaah Ta`aalaa. Shaytaan has no power against such a person. So try to be with Wudhoo at all times and when going to bed. Another very important thing is that you should try never to be for a long time in a state of Janaabah (major impurity).
:bism:

:salam:

I thought since this is about waswass I'd like to sneak in. So here goes:

I've some other variants in waswass, particularily about shirk, I know major shirk is worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah, but whenever I try to enforce that and affirm that what the Qur'an says, the waswass don't go away.

So should I just ignore this too, because how I understand it from your post, is that I am only strengthening the waswass by overthinking on shirk and Tawheed.

I get the urge to constantly affirm my rejection on shirk, my belief in Tawheed and Qur'an.

may Allah cure me and all of us, and reward us with His love. Ameen.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Abz2000
08-17-2016, 05:59 PM
Repent to Allah from the sins you know, from the sins you don't know, and from the sins you forgot, and do your best to walk along Allah's straight and noble path.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-17-2016, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:bism:

:salam:

I thought since this is about waswass I'd like to sneak in. So here goes:

I've some other variants in waswass, particularily about shirk, I know major shirk is worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah, but whenever I try to enforce that and affirm that what the Qur'an says, the waswass don't go away.

So should I just ignore this too, because how I understand it from your post, is that I am only strengthening the waswass by overthinking on shirk and Tawheed.

I get the urge to constantly affirm my rejection on shirk, my belief in Tawheed and Qur'an.

may Allah cure me and all of us, and reward us with His love. Ameen.

And Allah :swt: knows best.
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

You believe in the Tawheed of Allaah Ta`aalaa, akhi. You know that there is only One Allaah; that's what's important. To trouble you, Shaytaan will try to put doubts and stray thoughts into your mind; just ignore them. Make Du`aa that Allaah Ta`aalaa keeps you with Imaan and `Aafiyat (Safety), Aameen. Make Du`aa that Allaah Ta`aalaa lets you live with Imaan and die with Imaan.

May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant that to all of us.

آمين يا رب العالمين

Umm Adeel
08-18-2016, 02:01 AM
Repent For to Allah

For allah will forgive you and accept your repentance with joy

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.