View Full Version : Unable to pray or fast

Umm Adeel
08-18-2016, 01:43 AM
Hi a Salam alaikum

I think I have amenisia
I can't pray or fast I don't know what I'm thinking
I talk fast I'm insane!!!!!
I feel like screaming oh my allah!!!!

Do I pray or fast doctor told me not to!!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-18-2016, 03:45 PM
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Why did the doctor say you mustn't fast?

May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant you and all of us complete Shifaa (Cure) from all illnesses, both physical and mental.

آمين يا رب العالمين

Muslim Woman
08-18-2016, 04:03 PM
:wa:

May Allah gives you complete shefa. Have patience sis.

If you are unable to offer salat standing , then u can sit or lie down and then offer salat.

May Allah help you to overcome your struggles. Don't abandon prayers. It will worsen the situation.

Reminder
08-18-2016, 10:28 PM
It is not allowed for the mentally unstable person to fast.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Little_Lion
08-18-2016, 11:43 PM
Salaam aleikum, sister. :)

I suffer from mental illness (generalized anxiety, manic depression, PTSD, psychosis, and by one diagnosis, bipolar disorder). My illness is such that I was just granted disability by the US government, and soon I will be removed from the work force. I have many bad days where it is hard for me to remember to pray, wake up for prayers (even prayers like Dohr and Asr, as I have to take a lot of naps), keep my concentration during prayer, or keep from being dizzy so that I can stand and complete the prayer. Because of my illness and my medications I make up a lot of prayers, and combine prayers where it is allowable. Even when I cannot get out of bed, and/or am having a spell where I cannot remember the prayer, I will bring up the prayer on Youtube and pray along with it, even if I have to lie in bed and not go through the physical motions, as happens on occasion.

Fasting, however, is a different story. Follow what your doctor says. You are required to make up the fast if your condition improves, even if you make it up one day at a time with days of non-fasting in between to maintain your health, but you are not required to make up the fast if your condition does not improve to a point where a doctor says you can fast again.

May Allah grant you respite from your illness, and strength during this test.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-19-2016, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
Salaam aleikum, sister. :)

I suffer from mental illness (generalized anxiety, manic depression, PTSD, psychosis, and by one diagnosis, bipolar disorder). My illness is such that I was just granted disability by the US government, and soon I will be removed from the work force. I have many bad days where it is hard for me to remember to pray, wake up for prayers (even prayers like Dohr and Asr, as I have to take a lot of naps), keep my concentration during prayer, or keep from being dizzy so that I can stand and complete the prayer. Because of my illness and my medications I make up a lot of prayers, and combine prayers where it is allowable. Even when I cannot get out of bed, and/or am having a spell where I cannot remember the prayer, I will bring up the prayer on Youtube and pray along with it, even if I have to lie in bed and not go through the physical motions, as happens on occasion.

Fasting, however, is a different story. Follow what your doctor says. You are required to make up the fast if your condition improves, even if you make it up one day at a time with days of non-fasting in between to maintain your health, but you are not required to make up the fast if your condition does not improve to a point where a doctor says you can fast again.

May Allah grant you respite from your illness, and strength during this test.
May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant you complete Shifaa (cure) and make everything easy for you, Aameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.