/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A modest victory for decency

سيف الله
08-18-2016, 01:51 AM
Salaam

This is interesting. Like to share.

A modest victory for decency

Islam’s real challenge to Western society is not terrorism. With a bit of resolve and common sense we can always defeat this filthy thing, and most Muslims would (in my view) be as happy as us if we did.

No, the challenge comes from Islam’s near-total monopoly on things we used to value quite a bit and then totally gave up – female modesty being one of them. And yes, I know that plenty of other things, much more controversial, come with the package.

Pictures of Egypt’s veiled and covered Doaa Elghobashy, right, competing against bikini-clad Western opponents in the Olympic beach volleyball, are very thought-provoking.

You don’t have to go more than 100 years back to find Western women who would have had much more in common – in attitudes and dress – with Ms Elghobashy than they did with her near-naked rivals.

I often wonder if our society will sicken and tire of its seemingly endless relaxation of rules. Such things have happened before. If it does, the Muslim religion may be very well-positioned to lead the counter-revolution. I don’t want this to happen. I just think it might.

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kritikvernunft
08-18-2016, 02:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junon
With a bit of resolve and common sense we can always defeat this filthy thing ...
Well, given the fact that the sexual revolution is proving to be self-defeating, it is just a question of not adopting it. With a bit of patience, you will just observe how it wreaks havoc on the reproduction capacity of the pagans. Their ability to reproduce from generation to generation, is collapsing. If they go on like that, they will just die out. In a sense, it is better to just ignore this kind of behaviour. Why would we try to prevent the laws of nature of doing their job?

Ms Elghobashy is indeed, literally a beautiful symbol of how to dress modestly and decently! ;-)

noraina
08-18-2016, 07:44 AM
Wa alaykum assalam,

That was certainly something to think about. I think if people looked deep enough, they would find that all of the solutions for the spiritual diseases and moral decay of our times would lie within Islam.

But yes, she looked beautiful ma'sha'Allah in her hijab and it goes to show wearing hijab doesn't limit you from anything.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.