/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why A Muslim Should Forgive Others?

hend.abuauf
08-18-2016, 07:48 AM
Forgiving is to forgive who hurts you, to control the feeling of revenge or the feeling of hurting this person back inside you. Forgiving means forgiving this person in the Dunya, you don’t hurt him back, as well as on the Day of Judgement in front of Allah. It doesn’t mean you don’t punish him, but between you and Allah you don’t forgive him. It means you forgive him in all cases.

Forgiving doesn’t mean to not learn from your mistakes, rather you have to learn from this experience. The prophet peace be upon him said “A believer should not be stung twice from the same hole“. You should treat this person with cautious but not badly.

Allah described those who forgive as being good. He says: “Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men; – for Allah loves those who do good” [Aal Emran 134]. He also says: “Whether ye publish a good deed or conceal it or cover evil with pardon, verily Allah doth blot out (sins) and hath power (in the judgment of values)” [Al Nisaa 149]. And in Surat Al Taghabun: “But if ye forgive and overlook, and cover up (their faults), verily Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [Al Taghabun 14]

Allah also says: Let not those among you who are endued with grace and amplitude of means resolve by oath against helping their kinsmen, those in want, and those who have left their homes in Allah´s cause: let them forgive and overlook, do you not wish that Allah should forgive you? For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [Al Nur 22]. These previous Verse indicates that Allah may forgive those who forgive others. Forgive people so that Allah may forgive you.

Islam is a religion of peace that is why Allah encouraged people to forgive. The prophet peace be upon him said: “It is not halal for a Muslim to shun his brother for more than three nights, that is they meet, and this one turns away and that one turns away. The better of the two is the one who says the greeting first.” So shunning your friend for more than three days is forbidden. And to encourage Muslims to forgive the prophet peace be upon him described the one who will start greeting the other is the better.

Levels of forgiveness

There are three levels of forgiveness:

1st: to forgive while you feel angry. This is the lowest level. When someone hurts you on purpose, you feel angry and you have the opportunity to hurt him as well, but you chose to forgive him for the sake of Allah.

2nd: To forgive and don’t feel angry. You saw the act of the person who wants to hurt you, but you didn’t get angry, however you acted as if you didn’t see anything. In addition to forgiving him for the sake of Allah.

3rd: To forgive and to treat him with goodness. This is the highest level. You don’t only forgive and not only you don’t hurt him, but you also treated the one who hurt you with goodness. It needs a very strong faith to treat who hurts you with goodness.

Anas, a close Companion of Prophet Muhammad reported, “A Jewish woman brought a poisoned lamb to the Prophet, and he ate of it. When the woman was brought to him, people suggested, ‘Shall we kill her?’ The Prophet said, ‘No.’ I have recognized the effects of that poisoning in the Prophet’s throat ever since.” (Al-Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood, Ahmad, and others). This is how the prophet peace be upon him treated who wanted to kill him. Of course the person who will want to hurt you, don’t want to kill you, he wants something less. Although, the prophet peace be upon him forgave her. This is one story of the prophet regarding forgiveness, there are many other stories.

Why should a Muslim forgive?

The first reason why we should forgive others is to please Allah. We should have this intention in all of our deeds. When you forgive you forgive mainly for the sake of Allah. Also it trains you to deal with Allah only, you do what pleases him and stay away from what makes him angry. You don’t see people, you see only Allah. Whatever the people do you just don’t care as long as Allah is pleased.

The second reason is to behave yourself. To learn how to control your emotions. Even if you feel really angry, you will control you anger and will kill the feeling of revenge that you have, so that you become stronger, and not easily broken. The first time you forgive you will feel really angry, after a while you will not have this anger and then when someone hurts you, you will just smile and say I don’t care and you will treat him with goodness.

The third reason, forgiving is a way of doing dawah without speaking. If people is dealing with someone who forgives, and always finds an excuse from who hurt him, they will definitely love him. Consequently they will knew that Islam is a religion of peace.Forgiving is ruled so that hatred is not spread among people. If hatred is spread the society will corrupt. Islam is a religion based on love and peace between people, this is why Allah promised who forgive great rewards.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
08-18-2016, 09:33 AM
2nd: To forgive and don’t feel angry. You saw the act of the person who wants to hurt you, but you didn’t get angry, however you acted as if you didn’t see anything. In addition to forgiving him for the sake of Allah.
Like this?

hend.abuauf
08-18-2016, 09:37 AM
You knew what he did but you didn't get angry as you don't care about what he is doing. You know that you are treating Allah in everything not persons.

Abz2000
08-18-2016, 09:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hend.abuauf
You knew what he did but you didn't get angry as you don't care about what he is doing. You know that you are treating Allah in everything not persons.
Please be informed that Islam is a way of life based on honesty, sincerity, truth, goodwill and justice.

Rather than pretend that your nation is sovereign and free, it is better to accept the truth and work from there whilst seeking to obey and please God, otherwise you are a part of the problem.

Appears that the only ones with their heads screwed on correctly are the much reviled Islamists who accept the truth and work to establish justice and truth, and it is clear that the truth and justice is with God.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hend.abuauf
08-18-2016, 09:47 AM
I don't get what your point has to do with what i am saying

Abz2000
08-18-2016, 10:08 AM
I don't get what your point has to do with what i am saying
If your nation's leaders are ruling with falsehood and injustice, the first thing to do is admit that and then work to rectify the problem, claiming you live in paradise, and that there is such a thing as democracy and freedom only exacerbates the problem and makes you a passive backer of such falsehood and injustice, if your unjust leaders and usury barons then go around blackmailing leaders of other nations in private and openly, and make them partakers in injustice it is essential that people are informed since kadhib in such a situation would be khiyaanah, and the leaders of such nations would become a part of the problem, then citizens of such domino nations would also become a part of the problem if they saw the truth but in turn decided to pretend that they were democracies, God fearing christian nations, God fearing pagan nations, and God fearing Muslim nations, since practicing such denial and self deceit would cause psychological maladies and opposition and anger when the plain and just truth is presented and strove for by the few, and if the reviled and hated few who strive for truth and justice are then persecuted, everyone else would be partakers in the injustice.

One would have to read or watch the animated "king's new clothes" in order to understand the concept.

A believer doesn't turn a blind eye to injustice and thereby become a partaker in it and thus indicate to Allah psychological preparation for ad-dajjal, and Allah is not one eyed.

The only time you ignore a problem or wrong is when there is no benefit in addressing it or because the problem is rectified.
otherwise you do your best in truth, justice and sincerity to rectify the problem and if unable, to humbly beseech God for help.
A good and successful society is one where people walk in truth, sincerity and justice in community and individually.

Without winking,
I bear witness that there is no god but Allah and i bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

hend.abuauf
08-18-2016, 10:33 AM
Your point is correct but i am not talking about nations or leaders as they have a different ruling

What i am saying is that when you deal with your colleagues, on a personal basis, this what a muslim should do, i am not talking about enemies, i am talking about friends family colleagues and neighbors

When i say forgiving, this doesn't mean that that is the only way, there is other ways to solve problem without damage but Mentioning forgiveness is because Allah recommended forgiveness.

Sometimes you have a close friend whom you can tell about his mistake but other times you are dealing with someone whom you cant tell about his mistake but on both cases you should forgive even if you will talk to the person about the problem or not.

The point is forgiveness not how to solve your problem with others

With some people if you spoke, the problem will become bigger and un resolved and you will not be able to forgive. This is of course not recommended

Also when people learn how to live to please Allah in the first place. The society will be a better society and so the leaders. I live in a muslim country that has no justice applied but i can tell you that the people on daily basis dont apply justice between themselves

That is why i believe that each person should try to improve himself and his family and his community at that point the whole society will be rightous. This is my point of view it may be right or wrong

hend.abuauf
08-18-2016, 10:42 AM
Another thing not with all people you should forgive. With some people you have to show them that you are angry so that they will not think that you are a coward or weak or un able to defend your self. This is also recommended in some situation

There is a huge difference between forgiveness and showing weakness, Allah mentioned forgiveness when you are able to revenge and with some people you have to show them that you are able to revenge but you will forgive. And with others you have to revenge if this is not the first time

hend.abuauf
08-18-2016, 10:42 AM
Hope you get my point

Abz2000
08-18-2016, 10:50 AM
وَأَيُّوبَ إِذْ نَادَى رَبَّهُ أَنِّي مَسَّنِيَ الضُّرُّ وَأَنتَ أَرْحَمُ الرَّاحِمِينَ

{83*021:083*Khan:

And (remember) Ayub (Job), when he cried to his Lord: "Verily, distress has seized me, and You are the Most Merciful of all those who show mercy."

Allah says: wa-dhkur, Allah is not in the habit of constantly repeating things which are available for study, our pragmatic scholars of the past realised that the best information they'd find is in the previous scripture and looked into it a little,

Reading the book of Job (pbuh) will show you that he kept sparring with the devil and accepting and absorbing hits and trying to pretend that all was good, it was only when he came back down to earth and realised the pity of his situation that he called upon Allah saying that he was in distress and needed Allah's mercy, and only then was he responded to.
there wasn't much in his control, so Allah made him strike a piece of grass in order to play his part, as He made Musa (pbuh) strike the sea and Maryam (as) shake the solid palm tree.
It is recorded that there were a few people including a friend who tried to tempt him to accept the pitiful situation, the devil tried to tempt him to curse Allah, but he finally learned the right method.

With Yusuf (pbuh), it was a story of pragmatism, taqwa, effort and faith in Allah, and it paid off.
he also sparred, but from a position of pragmatic faith.
they threw him in the well, and lied that a wolf had eaten him, he stuck their money back in the bag the first time, then stuck the cup in their bag the next time, and kept his brother after having told him not to stress, and accused them of theft lol. The difference was that his unjust brothers had stiven in falsehoid abd injustice, in the cause of shaytaan, and ultimately failed in their plot, and he strove in the cause of truth and justice, the cause of Allah, and was successful. He forgave them when they accepted the truth, humbly submitted to Allah, and asked him to seek forgiveness for them due to Allah having preferred him.

some scholars claim he was wrong to petition the king through the servant, but Allah makes it obvious that Yusuf did his part, since it was via the king's dream that Allah had him recalled and absolved.
he clearly said: "it was she who tried to seduce me from my true self", rather than deceive himself and others.

hend.abuauf
08-18-2016, 11:02 AM
This is your point of view and i respect it as i believe it is correct and i find that it has nothing to do with forgiveness as forgiveness doesn't mean to shut the door and all means of resolving

When the prophet re entered makkah he said to the people "اذهبوا فأنتم الطلقاء" and he let them go because he knew that they knew that he is the stronger but before that he didn't shut the door and he didn't just accept persecution in makkah but he made a hijrah to madina this has nothing to do with forgiveness

If You understand what i am saying is that forgiveness means not to take steps or reasons in any situation because of forgiveness, you misunderstand me

Forgiveness has nothing to do with all what you say

And how to you interpret the Quran verses that talk about forgiveness?

Abz2000
08-18-2016, 11:02 AM
Your point is correct but i am not talking about nations or leaders as they have a different ruling

What i am saying is that when you deal with your colleagues, on a personal basis, this what a muslim should do, i am not talking about enemies, i am talking about friends family colleagues and neighbors

When i say forgiving, this doesn't mean that that is the only way, there is other ways to solve problem without damage but Mentioning forgiveness is because Allah recommended forgiveness.

Sometimes you have a close friend whom you can tell about his mistake but other times you are dealing with someone whom you cant tell about his mistake but on both cases you should forgive even if you will talk to the person about the problem or not.

The point is forgiveness not how to solve your problem with others

With some people if you spoke, the problem will become bigger and un resolved and you will not be able to forgive. This is of course not recommended

Also when people learn how to live to please Allah in the first place. The society will be a better society and so the leaders. I live in a muslim country that has no justice applied but i can tell you that the people on daily basis dont apply justice between themselves

That is why i believe that each person should try to improve himself and his family and his community at that point the whole society will be rightous. This is my point of view it may be right or wrong
We are all humans, and servants of God, the requirement to serve God in truth, sincerity and justice applies to all people and jinn.

Abz2000
08-18-2016, 11:07 AM
This is your point of view and i respect it as i believe it is correct and i find that it has nothing to do with forgiveness as forgiveness doesn't mean to shut the door and all means of resolving

When the prophet re entered makkah he said to the people "اذهبوا فأنتم الطلقاء" and he let them go because he knew that they knew that he is the stronger but before that he didn't shut the door and he didn't just accept persecution in makkah but he made a hijrah to madina this has nothing to do with forgiveness

If You understand what i am saying is that forgiveness means not to take steps or reasons in any situation because of forgiveness, you misunderstand me

Forgiveness has nothing to do with all what you say

And how to you interpret the Quran verses that talk about forgiveness?
I will try to avoid unnecessary dispute since the truth is available in the Quran, hadith, other sources of knowledge and the intelligence gifted to the human being if used in truth and sincerity, and i will confirm the truth comprehensively - forgiveness applies when a person is in the position to forgive, and when forgiveness is not likely to result in sadistic, purposeful and willing repetition or continuation of the crime.

Allah knows best your intentions, i believe i have stated what is necessary and need to go pray 'asr

hend.abuauf
08-18-2016, 11:20 AM
I totally agree with you and this post is about this case

I agree with you in all what you said in general but i believe that we were talking in two different points [emoji846]

Abz2000
08-18-2016, 11:34 AM
my duty is to follow the truth and just way, and your duty is to follow the truth and just way.
we witness for and against ourselves within ourselves before Allah.

Allah knows best and He is the best witness and most just of judges.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-18-2016, 11:50 AM
Sister hend, am I correct in assuming you are an Arab? The name you have is most common among Arabs (not other races), and I noticed that you quoted the Arabic of the Hadeeth and not the English. If so, "abuauf" is the tribal name?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-18-2016, 11:51 AM
Just an assumption. I may be completely wrong.

hend.abuauf
08-18-2016, 11:54 AM
Yes i am an arab but where i am from we don't have tribes just families and abuauf is the family name

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-18-2016, 12:00 PM
Yes i am an arab but where i am from we don't have tribes just families and abuauf is the family name
Yes, the family name. Like "al-Akhras", "abu douleh", etc. That is most common among Arabs in these times. But, those family names are - in reality - descendants from a particular tribe. With a bit of genealogy tracing, any Arab will know which tribe his family is from.

----------

Do you speak Fus-haa, sister, or only `Aamiyyah?

hend.abuauf
08-18-2016, 12:11 PM
Abuauf is my grand grand father, after the tribe system was demolished but unfortionately i don't know what tribe is my family from, i never thought about tracing my origin before especially that it will be very difficult here [emoji846]

I speak both Fus-ha and 'Ameyyah

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-18-2016, 12:15 PM
I am an Arab myself (grandparents were from Syria), but even I have never taken out the time to do that genealogy tracing to find out which tribe the family is from, etc. Especially when living in non-Arab countries (like here in South Africa), such things get forgotten very quickly.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-18-2016, 12:16 PM

I speak both Fus-ha and 'Ameyyah
Maashaa'Allaah. Which dialect of `Aamiyyah do you speak?

hend.abuauf
08-18-2016, 12:19 PM
Egyptian

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-18-2016, 02:29 PM
I speak Fus-haa fluently, Alhamdulillaah, but `Aamiyyah of Shaam (Levantine Dialect) I can only speak and understand partially.

If you had the time, it would be good and beneficial if you made a thread wherein you teach a bit of the Egyptian Arabic everyday. I'm sure there are members who would like to learn.

Eric H
08-18-2016, 04:57 PM
Greetings and peace be with you hend.abuauf;

Welcome to the forum, and thank you so much for sharing about the importance to forgive. In my later life, I have come to understand.....

It is best to try and forgive, even if the other person does not say sorry.
The person who does the forgiving, benefits as much, if not more than the person who has been forgiven.
It is the same to forgive someone if they have stolen £10, or if they are responsible for the death of a loved one.
If we are able to forgive from the heart and let go, we can find a profound sense of peace.

I have come into contact with two people, both in the process of committing suicide, it was being able to help them forgive some horrible things, that helped them both find the will to live. Both these people did not have a faith.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God.

Eric

Serinity
08-18-2016, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
If we are able to forgive from the heart and let go, we can find a profound sense of peace.
Not always, I'd say. Sometimes forgiving may encourage more wrongdoing or crimes.

And I don't think forgiving someone stealing 10$ is the same as forgiving someone for killing a loved one.

I think there are limits to forgiving. Or at least, there are ways of doing it. Sometimes forgiving can be a good thing, other times it will be a bad thing.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

hend.abuauf
08-18-2016, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

I think there are limits to forgiving. Or at least, there are ways of doing it. Sometimes forgiving can be a good thing, other times it will be a bad thing.

Of course there are limits for forgiveness, this doesn't mean that we shouldn't encourage forgiveness

Abz2000
08-18-2016, 05:54 PM
It is useful to bear in mind the difference between forgiveness (as in ihsaan), and acceptance of oppression, the nation just preceding the ummah of Muhammad pbuh were duped into accepting lies and oppression due to their distance from the teaching in the book and their lazyness in being content with roman government sponsored synagogue/church sermons.

Looking carefully will show that the picture provided by the roman church is very different from the picture that appears when reading the book, there is a clear seeking of justice and goodwill in the fase of falsehood and oppression visible to a careful reader:

1After this, Jesus went around in Galilee. He did not want*to go about in Judea because the Jewish leaders there were looking for a way to kill him.*
2But when the Jewish Festival of Tabernacles was near,*3Jesus’ brothers said to him, “Leave Galilee and go to Judea, so that your disciples there may see the works you do.*4No one who wants to become a public figure acts in secret. Since you are doing these things, show yourself to the world.”
*5For even his own brothers did not believe in him.
6Therefore Jesus told them,*“My time is not yet here; for you any time will do.*7The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that its works are evil.*8You go to the festival. I am not*going up to this festival, because my time has not yet fully come.”*9After he had said this, he stayed in Galilee.10However, after his brothers had left for the festival, he went also, not publicly, but in secret.

11Now at the festival the Jewish leaders were watching for Jesus and asking, “Where is he?”
12Among the crowds there was widespread whispering about him.
Some said, “He is a good man.”Others replied, “No, he deceives the people.”*
13But no one would say anything publicly about him for fear of the leaders.

Jesus Teaches at the Festival

14Not until halfway through the festival did Jesus go up to the temple courts and begin to teach.
15The Jews there were amazed and asked, “How did this man get such learning without having been taught?”
16Jesus answered,*“My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me.17Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.18Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.19Has not Moses given you the law? Yet not one of you keeps the law.
Why are you trying to kill me?”
20“You are demon-possessed,” the crowd answered. “Who is trying to kill you?”

21Jesus said to them,*“I did one miracle, and you are all amazed.22Yet, because Moses gave you circumcision (though actually it did not come from Moses, but from the patriarchs), you circumcise a boy on the Sabbath.23Now if a boy can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with me for healing a man’s whole body on the Sabbath?*
24Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”

Division Over Who Jesus Is

25At that point some of the people of Jerusalem began to ask, “Isn’t this the man they are trying to kill?*
26Here he is, speaking publicly, and they are not saying a word to him. Have the authorities really concluded that he is the Messiah?*
27But we know where this man is from; when the Messiah comes, no one will know where he is from.”
28Then Jesus, still teaching in the temple courts, cried out,*“Yes, you know me, and you know where I am from. I am not here on my own authority, but he who sent me is true. You do not know him,29but I know him because I am from him and he sent me.”
30At this they tried to seize him, but no one laid a hand on him, because his hour had not yet come.*31Still, many in the crowd believed in him. They said, “When the Messiah comes, will he perform more signs than this man?”
32The Pharisees heard the crowd whispering such things about him. Then the chief priests and the Pharisees sent temple guards to arrest him.
33Jesus said,*“I am with you for only a short time, and then I am going to the one who sent me.34You will look for me, but you will not find me; and where I am, you cannot come.”35The Jews said to one another, “Where does this man intend to go that we cannot find him? Will he go where our people live scattered among the Greeks, and teach the Greeks?*36What did he mean when he said,*‘You will look for me, but you will not find me,’*and*‘Where I am, you cannot come’?”
37On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice,*“Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.*38Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”39By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.
40On hearing his words, some of the people said,
“Surely this man is the Prophet.”
41Others said, “He is the Messiah.”
Still others asked, “How can the Messiah come from Galilee?42Does not Scripture say that the Messiah will come from David’s descendants and from Bethlehem, the town where David lived?”
43Thus the people were divided because of Jesus.*44Some wanted to seize him, but no one laid a hand on him.

Unbelief of the Jewish Leaders
45Finally the temple guards went back to the chief priests and the Pharisees, who asked them, “Why didn’t you bring him in?”
46“No one ever spoke the way this man does,” the guards replied.
47“You mean he has deceived you also?” the Pharisees retorted.48“Have any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed in him?*49No! But this mob that knows nothing of the law—there is a curse on them.”

50Nicodemus, who had gone to Jesus earlier and who was one of their own number, asked,*

51“Does our law condemn a man without first hearing him to find out what he has been doing?”

52They replied, “Are you from Galilee, too? Look into it, and you will find that a prophet does not come out of Galilee.”

[The earliest manuscripts and many other ancient witnesses do not have John 7:53—8:11. A few manuscripts include these verses, wholly or in part, after John 7:36, John 21:25, Luke 21:38 or Luke 24:53.]

53Then they all went home,

The above doesn't sound anything like the "ooooh, it's destinyyyy, i enjoy being treated worse than an animal and teach people to accept oppression" story one bit.

So let's steer safe from falling into the quagmires of oppression and self deception the previous nations fell into and let us be wise and read the final book of Allah and follow the path of His final Messenger, because the Roman kuffar are still playing the same falsehood games it appears and i pray for justice.

Akhi_Umar
08-18-2016, 06:02 PM
Narrated Jarir bin `Abdullah:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Allah will not be merciful to those who are not merciful to mankind."

[Sahih al-Bukhari 7376]

Abz2000
08-18-2016, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akhi_Umar
Narrated Jarir bin `Abdullah:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Allah will not be merciful to those who are not merciful to mankind."

[Sahih al-Bukhari 7376]
I agree 100%, and know for certain that Allah is just.
Let us be careful of laying tortuous burdens on people and oppressing them, because Allah will do the same to oppressors, and and let's definitely not blame the wrath of Allah on people, and the oppression of people on Allah.

Eric H
08-18-2016, 07:34 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Abz2000;

Like the cartoons of the prophet pbuh, I found this video distasteful.

In the spirit of praying to 'One God'

Eric

Abz2000
08-18-2016, 07:48 PM

Like the cartoons of the prophet pbuh, I found this video distasteful.

In the spirit of praying to 'One God'

Eric
I clarified that the version of events pushed in it is inaccurate, although it reeks of the oppression pacifist story found with the roman church.
The chip in my skull is distasteful and oppressive and also the one in my son's (He's not God's grandson btw). I had to walk very very slowly home with him today because his head hurt with every heavy step.
The story is therefore very relevant to the post and topic in hand and i have more right to protest or forgive what is distasteful about MYSELF than someone who pretends to worship me.

Eric H
08-18-2016, 08:39 PM
Blessings and peace be with you Abz2000;

Eric

Eric H
08-18-2016, 09:15 PM
Greetings ad peace be with you Serinity;

Not always, I'd say. Sometimes forgiving may encourage more wrongdoing or crimes.
You can forgive someone a past wrongdoing, that does not make you into a doormat, you don't have to live with continued violence. People have the right to be angry, sadly in life there are so many times we cannot get justice for the things that are done to us and our loved ones. If we cannot get justice and we hold onto anger it eats away at us, we often take out our anger on those closest to us.

When we forgive, we give up the right to think with clenched fists, hoping the other person suffers. The chances are we are not perfect, we need to be forgiven for things we have done, we pray for forgiveness, but this makes more sense if we can first forgive others.

And I don't think forgiving someone stealing 10$ is the same as forgiving someone for killing a loved one.
I believe that forgiveness is the same in both cases, the difference is the grief you suffer. I could not imagine the grief I would suffer, if my son died of cancer or some other natural cause. If I lost £10, I would be annoyed, but I would get over it.

But if I found out a coworker had stolen £10 from me, there is a mixture of feelings, both anger and loss. Now it almost seems that the anger of theft becomes more important than the grief I would have suffered if I had just lost the money. It would be the same mixture of feelings for the loss of my son, whether it was natural causes or criminal blame.

I have experienced forgiveness twice, in circumstances that made the difference between death and life. One lady was in the process of committing suicide, after the death of a loved one. I spent a couple of hours with her talking about forgiveness. I said death is not the problem, we all die at some point, but it is not in your nature to die a bitter, twisted and angry person, even if you continue taking the pills, search in your heart for a way to forgive this person. She chose life and forgave the person.

I believe I was unfairly sacked from a job I had been doing for ten years. I never had a day of sick, I did a lot of the jobs other people were afraid to do, caring for people with challenging behaviour and learning disabilities.

Even to this day I think it was unfair, but I feel it is better to forgive and strive to overcome any anger I have for them. So, to help me overcome my anger, I have done about fifteen hundred hours of voluntary work for the people who sacked me. I shall be going back again on Friday to do another five, and in November I will voluntarily take a couple of the guys on holiday for a week. At minimum wages I have probably given them about £10,000 of my time. Every now and then, I come into contact with the people responsible for my sacking.

People say I am mad, I should have sued for compensation, and I agree with them. But I cannot explain the profound sense of peace that I feel, it is beyond money. At the old age of 62, I found another job, the day after being sacked.

About six months after being sacked, another branch of the company that sacked me, asked me to come and work for them part time. So now I have been working for about five years for the people who sacked me, crazy. I don’t understand life at all, I should have retired a couple of years ago.

My belief is, that the person who is able to forgive, gains more than the transgressor who is forgiven. I believe it is important to forgive, even if the other person does not say sorry.

Holding onto anger eats away at you. Anger is like picking up a burning coal, with the intention of throwing it at the person who angers you, and the person who gets burned the most is you. The longer you hold onto the burning coal of anger the hotter it becomes.

Amen.

In the spirit of praying to a merciful God.

Eric

LaSorcia
08-18-2016, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

I don't think forgiveness mean being a door mat and letting folks continue to do wrong to you. Like someone said earlier, don't get stung twice from the same hole. One can be assertive and speak up about injustices. We can set boundaries for individuals and refuse to commune with them if they don't respect them.

On a larger scale, we can work for societal change, but you have far more energy for it if there is not bitterness, anger and unforgiveness in the heart.

I know from personal experience, it can feel like the person who wronged us, wronged us twice. Once when they did the actual deed, and then later on when we still hurt from the deed they did. It seems totally unfair to forgive. But I have found that forgiveness takes the second wound out of our hearts.

And merciful Allah, we hope to have our sins forgiven by him, and he is perfect! We are far from that!

Abz2000
08-18-2016, 09:40 PM
You humble me with your benevolence sir, It is indeed a story of magnanimity and i sure wish that we were on the same page in terms of what God requires of us, here are a few verses that might help in re-considering and uniting upon the truth:

102.*Do the rejecters of God think that they can take My servants as protectors besides Me? Verily We have prepared Hell for the Unbelievers for (their) entertainment.
103.*Say: "Shall we tell you of those who lose most in respect of their deeds?
104.*"Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life, while they thought that they were acquiring good by their works?"
105.*They are those who deny the Signs of their Lord and the fact of their having to meet Him (in the Hereafter): vain will be their works, nor shall We, on the Day of Judgment, give them any weight.
106.*That is their reward, Hell, because they rejected Faith, and took My Signs and My Messengers by way of jest.
107.*As to those who believe and work righteous deeds, they have, for their entertainment, the Gardens of Paradise,
108.*Wherein they shall dwell (for aye): no change will they wish for from them.
109.*Say: "If the ocean were ink (wherewith to write out) the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would the words of my Lord, even if we added another ocean like it, for its aid."
110.*Say: "I am but a man like yourselves, (but) the inspiration has come to me, that your god is one god. whoever expects to meet his Lord, let him work righteousness, and, in the worship of his Lord, admit no one as partner.

From Quran, Al Kahf, The Cave, Ch 18

And after reading the verse about jest, i'm deleting the video, since we are God's servants and maybe He doesn't want us to laugh at or make a mockery of God's signs. (Although it is difficult not to laugh at such witty clips, and i didn't see it that way until i re-read the verses i was posting), may Allah guide and reward you for pointing it out.

Serinity
08-18-2016, 09:50 PM
Greetings ad peace be with you Serinity;

You can forgive someone a past wrongdoing, that does not make you into a doormat, you don't have to live with continued violence. People have the right to be angry, sadly in life there are so many times we cannot get justice for the things that are done to us and our loved ones. If we cannot get justice and we hold onto anger it eats away at us, we often take out our anger on those closest to us.

When we forgive, we give up the right to think with clenched fists, hoping the other person suffers. The chances are we are not perfect, we need to be forgiven for things we have done, we pray for forgiveness, but this makes more sense if we can first forgive others.

I believe that forgiveness is the same in both cases, the difference is the grief you suffer. I could not imagine the grief I would suffer, if my son died of cancer or some other natural cause. If I lost £10, I would be annoyed, but I would get over it.

But if I found out a coworker had stolen £10 from me, there is a mixture of feelings, both anger and loss. Now it almost seems that the anger of theft becomes more important than the grief I would have suffered if I had just lost the money. It would be the same mixture of feelings for the loss of my son, whether it was natural causes or criminal blame.

I have experienced forgiveness twice, in circumstances that made the difference between death and life. One lady was in the process of committing suicide, after the death of a loved one. I spent a couple of hours with her talking about forgiveness. I said death is not the problem, we all die at some point, but it is not in your nature to die a bitter, twisted and angry person, even if you continue taking the pills, search in your heart for a way to forgive this person. She chose life and forgave the person.

I believe I was unfairly sacked from a job I had been doing for ten years. I never had a day of sick, I did a lot of the jobs other people were afraid to do, caring for people with challenging behaviour and learning disabilities.

Even to this day I think it was unfair, but I feel it is better to forgive and strive to overcome any anger I have for them. So, to help me overcome my anger, I have done about fifteen hundred hours of voluntary work for the people who sacked me. I shall be going back again on Friday to do another five, and in November I will voluntarily take a couple of the guys on holiday for a week. At minimum wages I have probably given them about £10,000 of my time. Every now and then, I come into contact with the people responsible for my sacking.

People say I am mad, I should have sued for compensation, and I agree with them. But I cannot explain the profound sense of peace that I feel, it is beyond money. At the old age of 62, I found another job, the day after being sacked.

About six months after being sacked, another branch of the company that sacked me, asked me to come and work for them part time. So now I have been working for about five years for the people who sacked me, crazy. I don’t understand life at all, I should have retired a couple of years ago.

My belief is, that the person who is able to forgive, gains more than the transgressor who is forgiven. I believe it is important to forgive, even if the other person does not say sorry.

Holding onto anger eats away at you. Anger is like picking up a burning coal, with the intention of throwing it at the person who angers you, and the person who gets burned the most is you. The longer you hold onto the burning coal of anger the hotter it becomes.

Amen.

In the spirit of praying to a merciful God.

Eric
I don't have as much experience as you. So Idk when to forgive and when not to forgive.

I just forgive cuz I find it meaningless to start bickering over little things. I think it is important to forgive, in order that Allah may forgive. Like, if you can't forgive others' little mistakes, then how can we/you expect Allah to forgive.

I guess it comes with experience.. Right?

I have come to know that in this world there is no full justice. True and full Justice will be served on the day of Judgment.

Say Hitler, he killed 6 million Jews. If we killed him once, it wouldn't be enough as retribution for what he did.

I don't like the feeling of constant revenge.. I don't like revenge.

I may be wrong tho, in which case I ask Allah to forgive me. Ameen.

Eric H
08-18-2016, 10:24 PM

You humble me with your benevolence sir, It is indeed a story of magnanimity and i sure wish that we were on the same page in terms of what God requires of us, here are a few verses that might help in re-considering and uniting upon the truth.

102.*Do the rejecters of God think that they can take My servants as protectors besides Me? Verily We have prepared Hell for the Unbelievers for (their) entertainment.
103.*Say: "Shall we tell you of those who lose most in respect of their deeds?
104.*"Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life, while they thought that they were acquiring good by their works?"
105.*They are those who deny the Signs of their Lord and the fact of their having to meet Him (in the Hereafter): vain will be their works, nor shall We, on the Day of Judgment, give them any weight.
106.*That is their reward, Hell, because they rejected Faith, and took My Signs and My Messengers by way of jest.
107.*As to those who believe and work righteous deeds, they have, for their entertainment, the Gardens of Paradise,
108.*Wherein they shall dwell (for aye): no change will they wish for from them.
109.*Say: "If the ocean were ink (wherewith to write out) the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would the words of my Lord, even if we added another ocean like it, for its aid."
110.*Say: "I am but a man like yourselves, (but) the inspiration has come to me, that your god is one god. whoever expects to meet his Lord, let him work righteousness, and, in the worship of his Lord, admit no one as partner.

From Quran, Al Kahf, The Cave, Ch 18
Thank you.

And after reading the verse about jest, i'm deleting the video, since we are God's servants and maybe He doesn't want us to laugh at or make a mockery of God's signs.
Thank you again, that is very kind.

May Allah bless you on your journey through life.

Eric

Eric H
08-18-2016, 11:05 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Serinity;

I don't have as much experience as you. So Idk when to forgive and when not to forgive.
I don't think it is in human nature to forgive, we like the idea of an eye for an eye, but that just leaves two people blind. True justice would be that the first person was not made blind, but you can't turn back the clock. Only Allah can serve true justice, he can restore the sight of a person who was made blind. I think hend.abuauf made some good points in her opening post.

I just forgive cuz I find it meaningless to start bickering over little things. I think it is important to forgive, in order that Allah may forgive. Like, if you can't forgive others' little mistakes, then how can we/you expect Allah to forgive.
I also believe it is important to forgive the big things too.

I guess it comes with experience.. Right?
There has to be a first experience.

I have come to know that in this world there is no full justice. True and full Justice will be served on the day of Judgment.
Ameen, and we have to pray for mercy and forgiveness for all the stuff we do to others.

Say Hitler, he killed 6 million Jews. If we killed him once, it wouldn't be enough as retribution for what he did.
When people suffer at the hands of others, they often become the thing they hate and fear the most. The Jews were forced into ghettos and killed, they lived in fear of the Nazis. The Jews who escaped the holocaust went back to Palestine, and they seemed to treat the Palestinians in the same kind of way that the Nazis treated them. When you mix anger and justice together, often the wrong people suffer, the Jews treated the Palestinians in the way they would have liked to treat the Nazis.

I don't like the feeling of constant revenge.. I don't like revenge.
There seems a fine line between justice and revenge.

I may be wrong tho, in which case I ask Allah to forgive me. Ameen.

Ameen.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God.

Eric

Abz2000
08-19-2016, 06:54 AM
The law of equal retaliation is prescribed by God upon people in the Quran and clearly demonstrated via His final messenger, there is perfect wisdom in it and it is an eternal principle. It keeps those considering criminal acts in check.
there is no way i would let such an important command dissolve.

Eric H
08-19-2016, 09:03 AM

The law of equal retaliation is prescribed by God upon people in the Quran and clearly demonstrated via His final messenger, there is perfect wisdom in it and it is an eternal principle.
Equal retaliation is a maximum prescribed by God, if someone punches us once, we can punch back once, however, at that point human law often seems to take over. They punch back again, and a brawl happens, until the strongest person is left standing. If someone punches you and blinds you, how do you limit your retaliation to just blinding them back, anger takes over.

I think there are very few people, who after being punched once, would walk away and ask a court to prescribe justice.

It keeps those considering criminal acts in check.
I think it stops good people from becoming criminals, I am not sure it can do any more.

there is no way i would let such an important command dissolve.
I believe the Quran also says it is better to forgive if you can, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Blessings

Eric

Abz2000
08-19-2016, 09:28 AM

Equal retaliation is a maximum prescribed by God, if someone punches us once, we can punch back once, however, at that point human law often seems to take over. They punch back again, and a brawl happens, until the strongest person is left standing. If someone punches you and blinds you, how do you limit your retaliation to just blinding them back, anger takes over.

I think there are very few people, who after being punched once, would walk away and ask a court to prescribe justice.

I think it stops good people from becoming criminals, I am not sure it can do any more.

I believe the Quran also says it is better to forgive if you can, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Blessings

Eric
If people accept the laws of God and submit to His commands, they wouldn't be punching unjustly in the first place.
If however they reject God and therefore commit injustice, they deserve the wrath of God, but God has given them a chance to reflect theough the law of equal retaliation, if the wronged are unable to retaliate or are wronged again after retaliating equally, Allah will send His wrath upon the oppressors Himself.

ذَلِكَ وَمَنْ عَاقَبَ بِمِثْلِ مَا عُوقِبَ بِهِ ثُمَّ بُغِيَ عَلَيْهِ لَيَنصُرَنَّهُ اللَّهُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَعَفُوٌّ غَفُورٌ

{60*022:060*Khan:
That is so. And whoever has retaliated with the like of that which he was made to suffer, and then has again been wronged, Allah will surely help him.
Verily! Allah indeed is Oft-Pardoning, Oft-Forgiving.

I have often left my right to retaliate or punish in the past due to recalling my own past wrongs and wishing for mercy, however, after noticing that the injustictice continues despite my trying to walk in God's path, and certain devils strive to lead me to crime just so they can continue in their crimes, i've understood the fact that the law of Allah must be implemented in order to ensure justice and sanity.

15.*And he entered the city at a time when its people were not watching: and he found there two men fighting,- one of his own religion, and the other, of his foes. Now the man of his own religion appealed to him against his foe, and Moses struck him with his fist and made an end of him. He said: "This is a work of Evil (Satan): for he is an enemy that manifestly misleads!"
16.*He prayed: "O my Lord! I have indeed wronged my soul! Do Thou then forgive me!" So ((Allah)) forgave him: for He is the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
17.*He said: "O my Lord! For that Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace on me, never shall I be a help to those who sin!"

From Quran - Al Qasas, Chapter 28.

Pharaoh indeed attempted to use Moses' long past crime in order to confuse him, however Moses clarified the truth and told him to look at the present situation and rectify:

18.*(Pharaoh) said: "Did we not cherish thee as a child among us, and didst thou not stay in our midst many years of thy life?
19.*"And thou didst a deed of thine which (thou knowest) thou didst, and thou art of the ungrateful (min al kaafireen)!"
20.*Moses said: "I did it then, when I was in error.
21.*"So I fled from you (all) when I feared you; but my Lord has (since) invested me with judgment (and wisdom) and appointed me as one of the messengers.
22.*"And this is the favour with which thou dost reproach me,- that thou hast enslaved the Children of Is3.*Pharaoh said: "And what is the 'Lord and Cherisher of the worlds'?"

From Quran As-Shu'araa, Chapter 26

I either accept the truth from Allah and accept His messengers, do my best to obey Allah and hope for grace for my failings, or i reject Allah and play about in falsehood and injustice whilst Allah toys with me, sends His wrath upon me, and throws my injustice back at me.
i prefer to accept Allah and submit to Him.

Eric H
08-19-2016, 10:26 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Abz2000; thank you for your reply,

The following is taken from http://www.islamawareness.net/Salvat...rgiveness.html, it talks about the forgiveness of Allah and his prophet, peace be upon him.

Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala is the most Forgiving. There are many names of Allah given in the Qur’an. Some of these names are related to His mercy and forgiveness. Let me mention some of these names:

Al-Ghafoor: The most Forgiving. This name occurs in the Qur’an more than seventy times. There are other names from the same root, such as Ghafir and Ghaffar. The meaning of the “ghafara” is to cover, to hide and from it comes the meaning “to excuse”, “to pardon”, “to remit” and “to forgive”. Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala does all these things. In the Qur’an, it is mentioned that Allah does not forgive the Shirk (without repentance) but He may forgive every other sin for whomsoever He wills. (al-Nisa’ 4:116) We must turn to Allah to seek His forgiveness.

Al-’Afuw: This has another aspect of forgiveness. This name occurs in the Qur’an five times. Literally the word ‘Afw means “to release” “to heal”, “to restore”, “to remit”. Thus in relation to Allah it means “to release us from the burden of punishment due to our sins and mistakes”, “to restore our honor after we have dishonored ourselves by committing sins and making mistakes.” Sometimes in the Qur’an both names: ‘Afuw and Ghafoor come together.

Al-Tawwab: The Acceptor of repentance. This name of Allah is mentioned in the Qur’an about 11 times. Allah accepts the repentance of those who sincerely repent and turn to him. The word “tawwab” gives the sense of “oft-returning” which means that Allah again and again accepts the repentance. We make sins and mistakes then we repent, He accepts our repentance. Then again we commit sins and make mistakes and when we repent, He again very kindly accept us and gives us another chance.

Al-Haleem: The Clement. This name is mentioned fifteen times in the Qur’an. This means that Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala is not quick to judgment. He gives time. He forebears and is patient to see His servant to return to Him.

Al-Rahman and al-Rahim: The most Merciful and Compassionate. These names are the most frequent in the Qur’an. Al-Rahman is mentioned 57 times and al-Raheem is mentioned 115 times. Al-Rahman indicates that Allah’s mercy is abundant and plenty and al-Raheem indicates that this is always the case with Allah. He is full of love and mercy and He is ever Merciful.

The Qur’an teaches that Allah is a Judge and He also punishes, but Allah is not bound to punish. The justice of Allah, according to Qur’an is that Allah does not and will not inflict undue punishment on any person. He will not ignore the good of any person. But if He wishes to forgive any sinner, He has full freedom to do that. His mercy is unlimited and His love is infinite.

There are many verses in the Qur’an and sayings of the Prophet -peace be upon him- on the love, mercy and forgiveness of Allah. In one of the prayers that the Prophet taught, he said, “O Allah, You are most Forgiving One, You love to forgive, so forgive me.”(reported by al-Trimidhi and Ibn Majah). We need Allah’s mercy and forgiveness all the time. It is wrong to assume at any time that one will find eternal salvation without the forgiveness of Allah.

B. Human Forgiveness in Islam:

Just as it is important to believe in the mercy and forgiveness of Allah, it is also necessary to base human relations on forgiveness. We cannot expect Allah’s forgiveness unless we also forgive those who do wrong to us. Forgiving each other, even forgiving one’s enemies is one of the most important Islamic teaching. In the Qur’an Allah has described the Believers as “those who avoid major sins and acts of indecencies and when they are angry they forgive.” (al-Shura 42:37) Later in the same Surah Allah says, “The reward of the evil is the evil thereof, but whosoever forgives and makes amends, his reward is upon Allah.” (al-Shura 42:40) In another place the Qur’an says, “If you punish, then punish with the like of that wherewith you were afflicted. But if you endure patiently, indeed it is better for the patient. Endure you patiently. Your patience is not except through the help of Allah (al-Nahl 16:126-127)

In one Hadith the Prophet -peace be upon him- said that Allah has commanded him about nine things. One of them he mentioned was “that I forgive those who do wrong to me.”

The Prophet -peace be upon him- was the most forgiving person. He was ever ready to forgive his enemies. When he went to Ta’if to preach the message of Allah, its people mistreated him. They abused him and hit him with stones.

He left the city humiliated and wounded. When he took shelter under a tree, the angel of Allah visited him and told him that Allah sent him to destroy the people of Ta’if because of their sin of mistreating their Prophet. The Prophet -peace be upon him- prayed to Allah to save the people of Taif, because what they did was out of their ignorance. He said, “O Allah, guide these people, because they did not know what they were doing.” When he entered the city of Makkah after the victory, the Prophet -peace be upon him- had in front of him some of his staunchest enemies. Those who fought him for many years, persecuted his followers and killed many of them. Now he had full power to do whatever he wanted to punish them for their crimes. It is reported that the Prophet -peace be upon him- asked them, “What do you think I shall do to you now?” They pleaded for mercy. The Prophet -peace be upon him- said, “Today I shall say to you what Joseph (referring to Prophet Yusuf -peace be upon him- as mentioned in the Qur’an, Yusuf 12:92) said to his brothers, ‘No blame on you today. Go, you are all free.” Soon they all came and accepted Islam at his hands. He forgave even Hind who had caused the murder of his uncle Hamza -may Allah be pleased with him. After killing him she had his body mutilated and chewed his liver. When she accepted Islam, the Prophet even forgave her.

A very striking example of forgiveness we find in the Qur’an in reference to the most unfortunate event of “Slander of Sayyidah A’isha’”. Some hypocrites of Madinah accused her. They tried to put dirt on her noble character. One of the slanderers turned out to be Mistah, the cousin of ‘Aisha’s father Abu Bakr’s. Abu Bakr -may Allah be pleased with him- used to give financial help to this young man. After he slandered his daughter, Abu Bakr vowed not to help him any more. But Allah reminded Abu Bakr and through him all the Believers, “Let not those among you who are endued with grace and amplitude of means resolve by oath against helping their kinsmen, those in want and those who migrated in the path of Allah. Let them forgive and overlook. Do you not wish that Allah should forgive you? Indeed Allah is oft-Forgiving, most Merciful.” (Al-Nur 24:22) Abu Bakr -may Allah be pleased with him- came out of his home and said, “Yes, indeed, I want Allah’s forgiveness. He not only continued to help him but he gave him more. Islam emphasizes justice and punishment of the wrong doers, but it equally strongly emphasizes mercy, kindness and love. Justice, law and order are necessary for the maintenance of a social order, but there is also a need for forgiveness to heal the wounds and to restore good relations between the people. We must keep in mind that as much as we need Allah’s forgiveness for our own sins and mistakes, we must also practice forgiveness towards those who do wrong to us.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God,

Eric

Abz2000
08-19-2016, 10:39 AM
Allah has prescribed Islam as the just way of life for humankind, we accept the way of Allah in it's entirety in order to establish justice and truth, we should not pick and choose parts to justify the continuation of crimes whilst neglecting the parts which will help us to walk in truth and justice.
It is essential that we repent and live in obedience to Allah and not continue to look for EXCUSES to commit crimes.
you appear to be a very shrewd man, if only that shrewdness were employed in establishing truth and justice, you'd be successful in this world and in eternity.

ardianto
08-19-2016, 10:58 AM
we like the idea of an eye for an eye, but that just leaves two people blind
Greetings and peace be with you Eric H.

An eye for an eye must not be interpreted literally. If someone ruin your property, should you ruin his property too?. If a man beat another man's son, should the second man beat the first man's son too?. Of course not.

Punishment doesn't have to be same as the crime, but should be 'worth' in accordance to the crime, not more not less. Punish someone similarly as what he did could lead to injustice.

Eric H
08-21-2016, 12:13 PM
Greetings and peace be with you hend.abuauf;
Why should a Muslim forgive?

The first reason why we should forgive others is to please Allah. We should have this intention in all of our deeds. When you forgive you forgive mainly for the sake of Allah. Also it trains you to deal with Allah only, you do what pleases him and stay away from what makes him angry. You don’t see people, you see only Allah. Whatever the people do you just don’t care as long as Allah is pleased.

The second reason is to behave yourself. To learn how to control your emotions. Even if you feel really angry, you will control you anger and will kill the feeling of revenge that you have, so that you become stronger, and not easily broken. The first time you forgive you will feel really angry, after a while you will not have this anger and then when someone hurts you, you will just smile and say I don’t care and you will treat him with goodness.

The third reason, forgiving is a way of doing dawah without speaking. If people is dealing with someone who forgives, and always finds an excuse from who hurt him, they will definitely love him. Consequently they will knew that Islam is a religion of peace.Forgiving is ruled so that hatred is not spread among people. If hatred is spread the society will corrupt. Islam is a religion based on love and peace between people, this is why Allah promised who forgive great rewards.
Amen, a lesson for us all.

blessings

Eric

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-21-2016, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Greetings and peace be with you Eric H.

An eye for an eye must not be interpreted literally. If someone ruin your property, should you ruin his property too?. If a man beat another man's son, should the second man beat the first man's son too?. Of course not.

Punishment doesn't have to be same as the crime, but should be 'worth' in accordance to the crime, not more not less. Punish someone similarly as what he did could lead to injustice.
The Aayah of the Qur'aan is literal. Allaah Ta`aalaa says:

وَكَتَبْنَا عَلَيْهِمْ فِيهَا أَنَّ النَّفْسَ بِالنَّفْسِ وَالْعَيْنَ بِالْعَيْنِ وَالْأَنْفَ بِالْأَنْفِ وَالْأُذُنَ بِالْأُذُنِ وَالسِّنَّ بِالسِّنِّ وَالْجُرُوحَ قِصَاصٌ فَمَنْ تَصَدَّقَ بِهِ فَهُوَ كَفَّارَةٌ لَهُ وَمَنْ لَمْ يَحْكُمْ بِمَا أَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ فَأُولَئِكَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ

"And We ordained therein for them: "Life for life , eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if anyone remits the retaliation by way of charity, it shall be for him an expiation. And whosoever does not judge by that which Allaah has revealed, such are the Zhaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers)." [Soorah al-Maa'idah, 5:45]

This law of equal retaliation existed in the Sharee`ah of Moosaa عليه السلام and was mentioned in the Tawraah. This same law exists in the Qur'aan. There is much Divine Wisdom in it. In every injunction of Islaam, there is absolute wisdom. It is upon us to accept. We know that Allaah Ta`aalaa orders us only with that which is beneficial for us; therefore, there is most definitely benefit in this Hukm (ruling) of Islaam.

والسلام

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.