/* */

PDA

View Full Version : FOLLOW THE FOOTSTEPS OF HAJAR

hhugs2013
08-18-2016, 08:56 AM
Although many of us won’t have the opportunity to re-enact the journey of Hajar (ra) during Hajj this year, all is not lost. We have the ability to help those for whom her footsteps are an all too familiar reality.
www.hhugs.org.uk/Hajar
TEXT HAJR97 £10 to 70070
Dhul Hijjah: The Best Days of the Year
“By the Dawn. By the ten nights” [Qur'an 89:1-2]
So elevated and honoured are the first ten nights of the Islamic month of Dhul-Hijjah that Allah (swt) swears by them in the Qur'an. Marking the time of Hajj, these blessed days are filled with opportunity for remembrance and reward.
The Prophet ﷺsaid, “There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allah than these ten days.” The people asked, “Not even Jihad for the sake of Allah?” He said, “Not even Jihad for the sake of Allah, except in the case of a man who went out, giving himself and his wealth up for the cause (of Allah), and came back with nothing.” [Sahih Al-Bukhari]
That's right! There are no other days in which our good deeds are more beloved to Allah (swt) than these, including those in Ramadan! Yet how little attention do we pay to this time, especially for those not performingHajj? How little do we emphasise the importance of sadaqah (charity), especially in comparison to our efforts in Ramadan?
Now is the time to plan, strategise and take heed. Make these ten days count!
Follow the Footsteps of Hajar (ra)
During these 10 days we honour the struggles and sacrifices made by the beloved Prophet Ibrahim (as) and his wife Hajar (ra). Their lives tell stories of forbearance, tawakul (trust in Allah), taqwa (God-consciousness) and strength.
One of the many sacrifices made by Prophet Ibrahim (as) was that of his family. Allah (swt) commanded Ibrahim (as) to leave his wife Hajar (ra) and son Ismail (as) in the barren deserts of Makkah. Possessing nothing more than a bag full of dates and a water-skin used to retain water, Hajar (ra) was left to fend for herself and her son in a place virtually void of life. The only thing that could ease her fear was her unwavering trust in the power and protection of Allah (swt).
Time passed and so too did her small water supply. Her baby became weak. She ran and ran, and ran, frantically searching for any sustenance to ease the pain and hunger of her child. Safa, Marwa, Safa, Marwa. She continued to run in a state of panic, but with full trust that there would be a way out of this dire situation. She supplicated to Allah (swt) begging Him for help.
As always, Allah (swt) answered. Jibreel (as) descended from the heavens and with one tap of his heel, produced the well of zam-zam, which continues to provide a never-ending spring of blessed water. From this source, Hajar (ra) was able to quench her and her son's thirst.
Modern Day Parallels
Although many of us may not be able to re-enact the journey of Hajar (ra) between Mount Safa and Marwa thisDhul Hijjah, all is not lost.
We have the ability to help those for whom her footsteps are an all too familiar reality.
Dozens of women in the UK are left to fend for their children alone and in harsh circumstances. Their husbands, who have been the sole or main breadwinner for the household, have been detained and accused of threatening national security. Suddenly, after a swift and unexpected departure, they find themselves alone, many in an unfamiliar country, with little or no income, support or education.
These mothers shadow the struggles and sacrifices of Hajar (ra). Alone, scared and physically exhausted, they too are searching for help.
Make a Change
Although we can't produce an ever bounteous source of sustenance like Jibreel (as), we can provide a way out. We can provide ease. So, make the decision now, during the days unto which there are like no others, to provide a way out for a mother desperately trying to protect and look after her children.
Honour Hajar (ra) by honouring those mothers sharing her struggles.
* Heal Her (£50)
The stresses and strains of single motherhood, the trauma of raids, the pain of separation and isolation coupled with the stigma of having a husband detained under national security legislation, takes its toll. Help to heal a mother’s hearts by facilitating counselling sessions that will aid in her recovery and give her the will-power and courage to thrive in these difficult times.
* Feed Her(£250)
There is nothing more painful that the thought of not being able to feed yourself or your children. Imagine returning home to a near-empty fridge and several hungry mouths to feed. Give her a kick-start to recovery by providing monthly food vouchers that will ensure her family’s most basic needs are met.
*Shelter Her (£500)
We find security in our homes; a safe place to rest, to build memories and to nurture our children. When this home is broken into, raided and torn apart, we feel violated. Help to cover the costs of damages caused by police raids or the monthly burden of rent and bills and you'll help a mother feel safe once again.
* Empower Her (£1000)
Allow her to gain independence and self-sufficiency through English lessons, driving lessons and other education and vocational courses.
*A little goes along way

Don't have a lump sum to hand? Don't worry, you can start giving a small, regular donation of £10 a month, which will be distributed in accord with what is the most pressing need that month. This will help us to build a strong backbone of supporters that will in turn help us to meet the often-unpredictable needs of our beneficiaries. Start now, in best 10 days of the year.
The Prophet ﷺsaid, “The most beloved of deeds to Allah are those that are most consistent, even if it is small”.[Bukhari and Muslim]
If you’re not in a position to give, why not sign up for our 10 day challenge, Race to Jannah II, using your energy to fundraise £10 or £100 per day (a total target of either £100/£1000)?
Eid
www.hhugs.org.uk/Hajar
TEXT HAJR97 £10 to 70070
For our beneficiaries, Eid can often be one of the hardest times of year. Celebrations press ahead, families unite and laughter fills the air. But for those mothers who are struggling alone to fend for themselves and their children, loneliness, exhaustion and depression can often overcome the joy of Eid. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
The Prophet (ﷺ) said: “Whosoever relieves from a believer some grief pertaining to this world, Allah will relieve from him some grief pertaining to the Hereafter…”
If we truly love Allah and are striving for our hereafter, we need to support our brothers and sisters today. Ease their grief and restore happiness to a loving home.
* Surprise Her * £50Eid Gifts for a Family
There’s nothing more thrilling than opening gifts on Eid, or watching the sheer excitement of children as they unravel their surprises. Ease the burden of a mother on Eid and help her buy gifts for her family.
“My children were so happy to see me happy and smiling.”
* Unite Her Family * £50
Eid without your husband or father is tough. Allow a family to visit their loved one by facilitating the costs of their prison visit. The sight of a warm, familiar face that has been missed works wonders for the soul.
"We often take it for granted that we can see our loved ones on Eid. For us, even if it was the weekend after Eid, that day would feel like Eid. Alhamdulillah we were able to see our relatives and spend time with them, even if for only 90 minutes."
* Share the Occasion – Sponsor an Eid Party - £350 -
Many families are isolated from the community, having been unfairly cast out due to the stigma of having a loved one detained under the anti-terror act. You can bring these families together buy hosting an Eid extravaganza! Family, new friends, food and games, a recipe for success!
“The Eid parties and gatherings are nice because you get together with other families and it makes you realise it’s not only you going through that struggle, it’s not only me that is struggling. There are other husbands and sons that are going through what my husband is going through and other mothers and wives going through what I am going through. Here, they support each other. It makes me feel like I’m not alone.”
“Eid was empty without my husband. These occasions are supposed to be spent with your loved ones so it was difficult to enjoy them without him. But HHUGS made it easier when they took me to go and see my husband on Eid day. I remember saying to my Key Worker, “how is anyone going to take us?” but these volunteers who had their own families to deal with actually took us all the way up north on Eid and I was so grateful to them for their generosity. HHUGS even arranged Eid parties where there were bouncy castles, a candyfloss machine and lots of activities where my son got to play with other kids. They got us gifts and a little outfit for my son.”

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.