/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I avoid marrying an Erdogan supporter?

Mustafa16
08-18-2016, 09:51 PM
I am Muslim, and I am considering never marrying a muslim woman, because the vast, vast majority of muslims, Turkish or otherwise, support president Erdogan of turkey, and Erdogan has caused great injustice to my relatives and to friends of family.......I don't want to marry a gulenist either, because I disagree with them on some things and have my doubts about them, and because i don't want the baggage, and because a lot of the gulenists here in Atlanta hate me.....should I marry a Christian or Jewish women, or should I look harder for a better Muslimah wife? the problem is, at the masid I go to, although the imam promised me that after I graduate college he'd help me find a wife, the majority of people in the masajid are arabs, and arabs even more overwhelmingly love Erdogan.......I also dislike their culture....and feel there would be a culture clash....what should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
08-18-2016, 10:06 PM
Marry a chinese Muslim woman :)
or maybe a turkish or other Muslim woman who's strictly monotheist and will only agree with the good that Erdogan or Gulen or anyone else for that matter says.

Reminder
08-18-2016, 10:21 PM
Do not overthink. Political leaders come and go. Marriage is forever.

Mustafa16
08-18-2016, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Reminder
Do not overthink. Political leaders come and go. Marriage is forever.
so I should be okay with marrying an Erdogan supporter?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-18-2016, 10:53 PM
The harms of marrying a Kaafirah is much worse. I've seen many cases where a Muslim man marries a Christian woman, she doesn't accept Islaam, they have children, and later on - for some reason or the other - the marriage no longer works out for them and they get divorced. In many of those cases, it was the Christian wife who took possession of the children and made them all Christian.

Even if a divorce happened and you worked out an agreement that the children will spend their time equally between the two of you, that would still be unacceptable, because in that case, half of the children's lives growing up will be in a Kaafir household, eating Haraam food (Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said that when a body is nourished on Haraam, Jahannam is most suited for it); not only that, but the Christian or Jewish mother will obviously teach the children her Kufr beliefs, ideas, ideology, etc. and they will end up having a Christian/Jewish mindset. As a Muslim, that's something you definitely want to avoid. And again, there's always the risk of them becoming Christians when they grow up because the mother is a Christian.

No matter what, it will always be better to marry a Muslim woman rather than a Kaafirah.

It's an exaggeration to say that most women in the world support Erdogan. Most woman in the world (outside of Turkey) have never even given a second-thought to Erdogan. He doesn't feature in anyone's life.

If the women in your area support him, why not take a holiday to some other country, find a pious Muslim girl there and marry her? In Indonesia and Malaysia, there are many women who are happy to be co-wives. You could go there and marry four women one time. Have four wives. If you can manage that.

Reminder
08-18-2016, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
so I should be okay with marrying an Erdogan supporter?
Sure. This is not a very important topic. Don't let it affect your decision to get married.

Zafran
08-18-2016, 11:22 PM
salaam

Erdogan is ruler who'll be gone soon your marriage is a life changing decision.

people

Muezzin
08-25-2016, 07:31 PM
How come this is in the Halal Fun forum?

darkbro
08-26-2016, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
How come this is in the Halal Fun forum?
Maybe he is trolling?

If you love someone you wont care what is her political views, right?

islamirama
08-26-2016, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by darkbro
If you love someone you wont care what is her political views, right?
It does matter. would you want to marry a trump supporter? Netanyahoo supporter? Modi supporter?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-26-2016, 07:11 PM
It's not just about love. If the woman you marry has Baatil (false) `Aqeedah (beliefs), then she will corrupt your children. They too will grow up to have Baatil beliefs. If the woman you marry, for example, believes it is permissible to drink alcohol, then can you marry such a woman simply because you love her? No. She is a Shaytaan. There will never be Barakah (blessings) in the house if you marry an evil woman.

Marry a pious Muslim woman who will be a means of Sakeenah (tranquility) and Barakah (blessings).

sister herb
08-26-2016, 07:21 PM
the vast, vast majority of muslims, Turkish or otherwise, support president Erdogan of turkey,
You are wrong when claiming something like this. Majority of the people, Muslims or not, don´t care very much about politics at all. Many also hate all politics and politicians.

Serinity
08-26-2016, 09:47 PM
Tbh, I never read much into Erdogan. I hate politics. As if you have to take a stance to every individual.

Imo, I will never marry out of my hatred for hypocrisy.

Allahu alam.

Mustafa16
08-26-2016, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Tbh, I never read much into Erdogan. I hate politics. As if you have to take a stance to every individual.

Imo, I will never marry out of my hatred for hypocrisy.

Allahu alam.
do you mean that you would never let your marriage be dictated by politics? or do you mean that you'll never get married to ANYONE?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-26-2016, 10:37 PM
I don't think Erdogan features in the lives of 99.9% of people in the world. He is insignificant.

Serinity
08-27-2016, 03:10 AM
do you mean that you would never let your marriage be dictated by politics? or do you mean that you'll never get married to ANYONE?

I won't marry anyone, cuz I feel hypocritical. I will first solve all my doubts, then marry. :/

darkbro
08-27-2016, 03:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
It does matter. would you want to marry a trump supporter? Netanyahoo supporter? Modi supporter?
you are right. i didnt think that far ;D

though i have no idea what narendra modi does

Karl
08-27-2016, 03:31 AM
Erdogan is anti Islam so how can any Muslim support him? He is a pro West secularist and as much a Muslim as George W Bush. He reminds me of the late Western poodle the Shah of Iran and the clown now running Indonesia.

darkbro
08-27-2016, 03:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
Erdogan is anti Islam so how can any Muslim support him? He is a pro West secularist and as much a Muslim as George W Bush. He reminds me of the late Western poodle the Shah of Iran and the clown now running Indonesia.
Source?

sister herb
08-27-2016, 07:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Tbh, I never read much into Erdogan.
And I hadn´t never heard about gulenists before this failed coup in Turkey. About Erdogan I knew something because of the Mavi Marmara tragedy. But why I should start to support those unknown politicians? All the people of the world don´t need to have opinion about everything in everywhere.

sister herb
08-27-2016, 08:04 AM
I agree 100%. When we support some politician we should be aware about his/hers all actions. If this one (Erdogan) is so pure Islamic leader, why he for example haven´t separate Turkey from the Nato but co-operate with them? He also co-operate with Israel, both political and economical levels. He tries to co-operate also with the EU and wants visa-free travels for Turkish people to Europe. Why to go to there while many Muslims hate the West (and support the idea that Muslims should move away from the non-Islamic countries because of the Islamophobic policy of them)?

And what about the corruption scandals of AKP?

sister herb
08-27-2016, 08:28 AM
By the way, why this thread is in halal fun? Is it just a joke or what? ^o)

Serinity
08-27-2016, 08:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
And I hadn´t never heard about gulenists before this failed coup in Turkey. About Erdogan I knew something because of the Mavi Marmara tragedy. But why I should start to support those unknown politicians? All the people of the world don´t need to have opinion about everything in everywhere.
Turkey would be a good hotspot for Muslims.

I've read one of their books(gulenists) they don't look bad to me.. I could be wrong tho.

Anny
09-09-2016, 12:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
The harms of marrying a Kaafirah is much worse. I've seen many cases where a Muslim man marries a Christian woman, she doesn't accept Islaam, they have children, and later on - for some reason or the other - the marriage no longer works out for them and they get divorced. In many of those cases, it was the Christian wife who took possession of the children and made them all Christian.

Even if a divorce happened and you worked out an agreement that the children will spend their time equally between the two of you, that would still be unacceptable, because in that case, half of the children's lives growing up will be in a Kaafir household, eating Haraam food (Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said that when a body is nourished on Haraam, Jahannam is most suited for it); not only that, but the Christian or Jewish mother will obviously teach the children her Kufr beliefs, ideas, ideology, etc. and they will end up having a Christian/Jewish mindset. As a Muslim, that's something you definitely want to avoid. And again, there's always the risk of them becoming Christians when they grow up because the mother is a Christian.

No matter what, it will always be better to marry a Muslim woman rather than a Kaafirah.

It's an exaggeration to say that most women in the world support Erdogan. Most woman in the world (outside of Turkey) have never even given a second-thought to Erdogan. He doesn't feature in anyone's life.

If the women in your area support him, why not take a holiday to some other country, find a pious Muslim girl there and marry her? In Indonesia and Malaysia, there are many women who are happy to be co-wives. You could go there and marry four women one time. Have four wives. If you can manage that.
Im from Indonesia and insulted with what you wrote that foreigner can marry Indonesian as co-wife. We dont adore foreigner so much like that.
Never mentioned race or country as we are Muslim. Really disappoint because actually I agree with all your argumentation about marry kaafirah.

Anny
09-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Erdogan is anti Islam? I dont know much about him but I read that he promote jamaah fajr praying in masjid. I read he helped Palestine too.
For Indonesia, yes we have biggest muslim citizen but only few muslim who are still hold on pure Islam syariah. Many wrong sects are here. On political, religion, economy decision all are controlled by kafir power.

Anny
09-09-2016, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I agree 100%. When we support some politician we should be aware about his/hers all actions. If this one (Erdogan) is so pure Islamic leader, why he for example haven´t separate Turkey from the Nato but co-operate with them? He also co-operate with Israel, both political and economical levels. He tries to co-operate also with the EU and wants visa-free travels for Turkish people to Europe. Why to go to there while many Muslims hate the West (and support the idea that Muslims should move away from the non-Islamic countries because of the Islamophobic policy of them)?

And what about the corruption scandals of AKP?
Actually muslim lives in western country isnt totally bad if they can spread good influence to western people. The bad one is muslim cant spread good influence even they get bad influence from western people and go together with them.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anny
Im from Indonesia and insulted with what you wrote that foreigner can marry Indonesian as co-wife. We dont adore foreigner so much like that.
Never mentioned race or country as we are Muslim. Really disappoint because actually I agree with all your argumentation about marry kaafirah.
Why do you feel insulted, sister? Of course we know that not all women in Malaysia and Indonesia are like that. We're saying that generally, women from Malaysia and Indonesia are more accepting of being co-wives as compared to women from other countries. And this is something praiseworthy about them, because Ta`addud Azwaaj (marrying more than one wife) is part of the Sunnah. It is permissible in Islaam.

ardianto
09-09-2016, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
We're saying that generally, women from Malaysia and Indonesia are more accepting of being co-wives as compared to women from other countries.
The truth is less accepting. Polygamy in Indonesia is not so common like in Arabia.

To be honest, one problem that happen in Indonesia id temporary marriage that committed by men from Arabia. Maybe you heard this rumor from those Arab men?.

ardianto
09-09-2016, 02:56 PM
I am sorry if my previous post offend Arab men. But it's better if all of us avoid making offensive comment.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Of course, Ta`addud Azwaaj is much more common among the Arabs. I am an Arab (Syrian), yet saying this. Because, I don't see what there is to be feel bad about at all. Who of this Ummah had more wives than Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم? He had 11 wives. Majority of Sahaabah had more than one wife each. Many had four wives. In fact, it's rare to find a Sahaabi who was married only once.

Women who are accepting of Ta`addud Azwaaj, then, deserve to be praised. They are very honourable women. They are wholeheartedly accepting of every single aspect of Islaam. Some people only accept those parts of Islaam that "suits them". We are supposed to make our desires submit to and follow the Sharee`ah, not the other way around. Unfortunately, what we see today is so many people subjecting Islaam, the Qur'aan, the Ahaadeeth, etc. to their own whims and fancies. An Aayah of the Qur'aan or a Hadeeth will be absolutely clear and explicit about a certain matter, but they will twist it to mean something else because it does not "agree with" them. Or, to be really honest, because it doesn't agree with their Kuffaar masters such as America. They themselves are the stooges of America and they would like to take the Deen of Islaam and fillet it to produce a new version of Islaam. A new religion, rather. One that America and its allies are okay with. For now, that is. Because later on, even that filleted, spineless, half-baked mock "religion" will have to go too, because it will not be "liberal" enough, "modern" enough, satanic enough.

What is wrong with us, as Muslims? Why can we not submit wholeheartedly to the Qur'aan and the Sunnah? Allaah Ta`aalaa says in the Qur'aan Kareem, Soorah al-Baqarah:

يا أيها الذين آمنوا ادخلوا في السلم كافة

"O you who have Imaan! Enter into Islaam in entirety..."

The word used in the Aayah is "Kaaffah". Meaning, accepting each and every last aspect of it. If you reject even a single aspect of Islaam, no matter how minute you might consider it to be (although no aspect of Islaam is minute), then you have not entered into Islaam Kaaffatan "in entirety".

Ta`addud Azwaaj is one such aspect of Islaam which people these days generally have a terrible dislike for.

So, rather than it being an insult, it is instead a very big compliment to say that a particular group of Muslim ladies believe in and accept Ta`addud Azwaaj.

What we heard is that the Muslim ladies from Malaysia and Indonesia are more accepting of Ta`addud Azwaaj as compared to others. We have not verified this statement and we stand to be corrected. Brother ardianto, for example, says that it isn't true, and he is from that area, so we will take his word until we have substantial evidence to the contrary.

In summary: It would be a very good and noble thing if the Muslim ladies there are like that.

sister herb
09-09-2016, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anny
I read he helped Palestine too.
He also openly co-operate with Israel in economy and security matters. So that´s for this support for the cause of Palestine issue at the nowadays.

But yes, we all remember his words during the Mavi Marmara attack. Unfortunately words are just words, not actions.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.