/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Muslim Scholars Are Failing to Defend Islam as a PEACEFUL RELIGION???

Ubaid@786
08-18-2016, 10:22 PM
I dont know whether this topic is already running or might be discussed before but i am new here so i need to ask this.. this is strange for a muslim to ask this but i am worried about this continues failure of Muslim Scholars and Preachers to defend Islam on different occasions. Why is it happening to us??????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-18-2016, 10:42 PM
Give some examples of what you mean.

jabeady
08-19-2016, 01:11 PM
Scholars and imams are preaching Islam as peaceful, and people are listening. The problem is, at least here in the US, that the various Islamic organizations aren't very good at public relations; the message isn't getting much publicity. There seems to be almost no public outreach. The Council on American-Islamic Relations, for example, only surfaces to issue a statement of condemnation for the latest extremist atrocity, then disappears until the next time. It's not a very effective way to communicate.

Scimitar
08-19-2016, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ubaid@786
I dont know whether this topic is already running or might be discussed before but i am new here so i need to ask this.. this is strange for a muslim to ask this but i am worried about this continues failure of Muslim Scholars and Preachers to defend Islam on different occasions. Why is it happening to us??????
Try going into a masjid and listening to lectures... I have no idea what world you live on but Islam doesn't need defending - it needs promoting.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
08-19-2016, 01:38 PM
I believe the scholars can do more to enlighten people about the fact that Islam is indeed the only way of life which brings peace from God and peace amongst people, and that people need to urgently adopt the guidance of God in order to be saved from chaos and humiliation in this world and the next, and to achieve success in this world and the next.

The scholars are tasked with conveying the messages revealed to the Prophets in truth, sincerity and firmness.
People would need to read the Quran and classical texts on the lives of the Prophets to understand the fact that the Prophets saw urgency in getting people to comply with the rule of God the most wise and just, the people of those societies which accepted the truth did indeed achieve peace and harmony whereas those who resorted to arguing with falsehood, oppression and corruption were losers.

Peace comes from uniting upon the truth and receiving God's blessings, and not from following shaytaan and going astray and receiving God's wrath.

It all becomes easy to see when imagining oneslf standing before Allah on judgement day.
we must be careful of those who attempt to convince us that paradise is on earth and that we can achieve peace by living corrupt lifestyles in disobedience to God.

Please read the stories of the Prophets and look at the situation of the world and the confusion that it is in. The nation that disobeys Allah the most is the nation with the largest prison population, the largest weapons manufacturer and seller, the most contradictory and hypocritical policies, the nation with a place of worship for satan..... think.

Ubaid@786
08-20-2016, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Try going into a masjid and listening to lectures... I have no idea what world you live on but Islam doesn't need defending - it needs promoting.

Scimi

Look brother. I am from the same world from which you are but dont you think Islam should not be bound to mosques as you said going to mosque and listening to the lectures will help me.
Scholars give preaching to those who seek from them but not to those who are not seeking but still needs it. People are seeking for peace and when we say Islam is peace they laugh we answers them they give examples of our Respectful scholar who have became so extremists that they can never give an ideal pictures of themselves as a role model. Believe it or not but there is a problem in our scholars.
I am not insulting them not all of them are like so. Some are too good. But they are not up to date. They dont use moderen means of communication like internet social media etc from where anti's are making there move against Islam. Our scholars are still busy in there internal fights like Fights of sect fights of lands even fights in the same sect. They dont have time for broader debate which is to create a good image of Islam. Very few of scholars are working for Islam. Most of them are working for their sects their mosques their area just. I have alot of concerns but cant say it here.

Scimitar
08-20-2016, 12:02 PM
I don't think you live in the same world as me in all honesty.

If if scholars were 19 bro, you'd get them on social media platforms but when we talking about scholars who are 50+ that's a big ask.

And - Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world - with four times as many women converting to Islam than men in the west.

chill bro.

Scimi

Ubaid@786
08-20-2016, 12:09 PM
Sir i believe in what you say. Even with all these happenings Islam is not getting the right image what it deserves. I am talking about the conspiracies against Islam are not tackled wisely rather they are answered with voilence every where i see. I live in Pakistan and you can search for what is happening here all the times.

Ubaid@786
08-20-2016, 12:10 PM
And if you talk about about young scholars even they are not on the same page. They need to unite themselves.

Scimitar
08-20-2016, 01:22 PM
Bro, you don't have a solution else you'd have posted it now,

islam has always struggled to establish itself among all people of all times... Why should it be different now?

Just because Islam is a majority world religion today, does not mean that it dominates - in fact, no religion has dominated the political circus of this world now for hundreds of years.

bro, times have changed... You have to accept.

what hasn't changed and will never change are the big questions such as "is there a a God? Why was I created? Do I have a purpose? Why does life seem so shallow and devoid of higher meaning?" And these question and more are what eventually attract the seeker to Islam.

its a very personal thing - and should the seeker, seek - they will find Islam present itself through the plethora of mediums available to us today - including social media.

now - ease up and and relax, all is as it should be

Scimi

ThinkingCogs
08-21-2016, 03:43 PM
Islam is peaceful.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.