/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can I focus when doing salah?

BooBear
08-21-2016, 12:30 AM
Asalamualikum

Everytime when I do salah/pray I sometimes find it hard to focus. How do I get rid of the waswas/whisperings of shaitain. Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aaqib
08-21-2016, 12:55 AM
know what ur saying/remember that you are meeting the lord of the worlds, you should pay attention in salaat, as he is the one who you will be returned. It's only for 10minutes you have to do this, so stay strong.

and:

"It is Sunnah for the one who is praying, if he notices the whisper of the Shaytaan during his prayer, to seek refuge with Allah from him and to turn his head only, then spit dryly to his left three times, because of the report narrated by Muslim (2203) from ‘Uthmaan ibn Abi’l-‘Aas (may Allah be pleased with him), according to which he came to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and said: O Messenger of Allaah, the shaytaan interferes between me and my prayer and my recitation, and he makes me confused. The Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “That is a devil called Khinzab. If you feel that, then seek refuge with Allaah from him and spit dryly to your left three times.” He said: I did that and Allaah took him away from me.. "

http://islamqa.info/en/144942

noraina
08-21-2016, 07:48 AM
Wa alaykum assalam,

This is something someone advised to me, and it really helped me with focusing on my salah.

If you haven't already, then try to memorise the english translations of everything you recite in salah if you don't know Arabic already. I found that when I actually understood what I was saying, and the power and beauty of the supplications you are making, concentration becomes so much easier.

I once read that the more you become closer to Allah swt, the more the shaytaan tries to lead you astray with his whispers, because it's a defeat for him when someone is on the straight path. So when you read salah, he will try to distract you even more, and to ignore those whispers you need a really strong focus on salah, and why you are doing it, and Who you are praying to.

This is a lifetime struggle, may Allah swt allow us all to attain ihsan and excellence in our worship. Ameen.

Ummshareef
08-24-2016, 06:05 PM
Wa aleikum assalaam,

Try to treat each salah as if it were your last ever, remembering that death can come to all of us at any time. Always remember that salah will be the first thing we are asked about on the Day of Judgement and if our salah is deficient then for certain our abode will be the Fire.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.