/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bible verses about sodomy

startingarabic
08-21-2016, 08:44 PM
Bible verses about sodomy

Anal to anus sex should not be done even if it’s in marriage and it’s very dangerous. The anus has a lot of bacteria and with anal sex there is a greater chance of having anal cancer. Is sodomy a sin? Yes, sodomy is homosexuality and God never intended for a penis to go inside an anus.

It is a sin against nature. The Word sodomy comes from Sodom and Gomorrah and God destroyed the city because of homosexuality.
Genesis 18:20-21 And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
Sex is supposed to be natural and within marriage. Whilesex positions within marriage do not matter, it is clear from these Scriptures that God condemns sodomy.

Quotes

• “Concerning homosexuality: This once brought hell out of heaven on Sodom.” Charles Spurgeon
  • “America is every bit as sin-sick as Sodom and Gomorrah ever were. We’re rotting from within.” John Hagee

What does the Bible say?
1. Genesis 19:4-7 Before they could lie down, all the men of Sodom and its outskirts, both young and old, surrounded the house. They called out to Lot and asked, “Where are the men who came to visit you tonight? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!” Lot went outside to them, shut the door behind him, and said, “I urge you, my brothers, don’t do such a wicked thing.
2. Genesis 19:12-13 Then the two visitors said to Lot, “Who else do you have here? Do you have any sons-in-law, sons, daughters, or other relatives in the city? Get them out of this place because we are about to destroy it. The outcry against this place is so great before the Lord that he has sent us to destroy it.”
3. Judges 19:22 While they were enjoying themselves, a crowd of troublemakers from the town surrounded the house. They began beating at the door and shouting to the old man, “Bring out the man who is staying with you so we can have sex with him.”
4. 2 Peter 2:6-10 Later, God condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and turned them into heaps of ashes. He made them an example of what will happen to ungodly people. But God also rescued Lot out of Sodom because he was a righteous man who was sick of the shameful immorality of the wicked people around him. Yes, Lot was a righteous man who was tormented in his soul by the wickedness he saw and heard day after day. So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while keeping the wicked under punishment until the day of final judgment. He is especially hard on those who follow their own twisted sexual desire, and who despise authority. These people are proud and arrogant, daring even to scoff at supernatural beings without so much as trembling.
5. Jude 1:7 So also Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighboring towns, since they indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire in a way similar to these angels, are now displayed as an example by suffering the punishment of eternal fire.

God uses the word sodomite in reference to homosexuals.
6. 1 Kings 14:24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.
7. 1 Kings 15:12 And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.

God knew this huge LGBT movement would happen.
8. Isaiah 1:10 “Listen to what the Lord says, you rulers of Sodom, and pay attention to the teaching of our God, you people of Gomorrah!
9. Isaiah 3:8-9 “For Jerusalem has stumbled, and Judah has fallen, because what they say and do opposes the Lord;
they keep defying him. “The expressions on their faces give them away. They parade their sin around like Sodom; they don’t even try to hide it. How horrible it will be for them, because they have brought disaster on themselves!”

Homosexuality is a sin!
10. Leviticus 20:13 “If a man has sexual relations with another male as he would with a woman, both have committed a repulsive act. They are certainly to be put to death.
11. 1 Corinthians 6:9 Don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be deceived: No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or anyone practicing homosexuality,
12. Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.
13. Romans 1:25-27 They exchanged God’s truth for a lie and worshipped and served the creation rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason, God delivered them to degrading passions as their females exchanged their natural sexual function for one that is unnatural. In the same way, their males also abandoned their natural sexual function toward females and burned with lust toward one another. Males committed indecent acts with males, and received within themselves the appropriate penalty for their perversion.

The sin of gay pride.
14. Ezekiel 16:49 Now this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, plenty of food, and comfortable security, but didn’t support the poor and needy.

Reminders
15. Galatians 5:19 Now the actions of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, promiscuity,

16. Galatians 5:24 Now those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
17. Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
18. Colossians 3:5 Therefore, put to death what belongs to your worldly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desire, and greed, which is idolatry.

A penis was never intended for an anus. A penis was intended to go inside a vagina.
19. Genesis 1:27-28 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

There is hope for sodomites if they turn from their sins and trust in Christ alone for salvation. Christ died to take away your chains and set you free.
20. 1 Corinthians 6:11 And some of you used to be like this. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”
21. 1 Peter 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

Bonus
Hebrews 13:4 Marriage must be honored among all and the marriage bed kept undefiled, for God will judge sexually immoral people and adulterers.

http://biblereasons.com/sodomy/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-21-2016, 09:57 PM
Interesting. So the Old Testament says that sodomites must be put to death.

Leviticus 20:13

crimsontide06
08-22-2016, 12:54 AM
The old testament means nothing to Christians. Might as well stop printing it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam

startingarabic
08-22-2016, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
nO THEY ARE MAKING GOOD MONEY FROM IT.

Scripture quotations marked “NRSV” herein are from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, Copyright © 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
Will Christians openly come out and reject the Old Testament?

Will they accuse the Old Testament of spreading "hatred and intolerance"? And that it is a book of "terrorism/fundamentalism"?

Akhi_Umar
08-22-2016, 04:54 PM

Indeed.

However ask any normal Christian today and they will say that the Old Testament is not the law the Christians follow today.

Even though Jesus (Pbuh) himself said in the New Testament that he came not to destroy the laws of the past, But rather to fulfil them.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akhi_Umar
Indeed.

However ask any normal Christian today and they will say that the Old Testament is not the law the Christians follow today.

Even though Jesus (Pbuh) himself said in the New Testament that he came not to destroy the laws of the past, But rather to fulfil them.
Exactly. They then have to reject Jesus.

More than that:

They all believe that the Old Testament was from God. They don't believe that it came from the devil, do they? They say it is a Divine Book. Now, in that "Divine Book", God orders that gays be killed.

What do they have to say about that? God ordered "hatred and intolerance"? "Terrorism"? God was not in favour of "peace and interfaith"? God believed in "Revenge, retaliation, retribution"? "An eye for an eye"?

Why do they speak against these things when it appears in the Old Testament? A "Divine Book"?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 05:17 PM
Regardless of whether Christians today follow it or not, the fact that remains that this book - according to their own belief - is from God, and God, in this "Divine Book", ordered all of these things, including the execution of sodomites. Leviticus, 20:13.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 05:18 PM
So what does that tell you, then? "God hates gays"?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 05:21 PM
6. 1 Kings 14:24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.
7. 1 Kings 15:12 And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.

5. Jude 1:7 So also Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighboring towns, since they indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire in a way similar to these angels, are now displayed as an example by suffering the punishment of eternal fire.

2. Genesis 19:12-13 Then the two visitors said to Lot, “Who else do you have here? Do you have any sons-in-law, sons, daughters, or other relatives in the city? Get them out of this place because we are about to destroy it.The outcry against this place is so great before the Lord that he has sent us to destroy it.”

Is the God of the Old Testament not the very same God of the New Testament? Did Moses not worship the very same God that Jesus did?

Akhi_Umar
08-22-2016, 05:58 PM
Exactly. They then have to reject Jesus.

More than that:

They all believe that the Old Testament was from God. They don't believe that it came from the devil, do they? They say it is a Divine Book. Now, in that "Divine Book", God orders that gays be killed.

What do they have to say about that? God ordered "hatred and intolerance"? "Terrorism"? God was not in favour of "peace and interfaith"? God believed in "Revenge, retaliation, retribution"? "An eye for an eye"?

Why do they speak against these things when it appears in the Old Testament? A "Divine Book"?
Well said.

Christian logic - Follow what they want to.

Eric H
08-22-2016, 06:00 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Huzaifah ibn Adam;

Regardless of whether Christians today follow it or not, the fact that remains that this book - according to their own belief - is from God, and God, in this "Divine Book", ordered all of these things, including the execution of sodomites. Leviticus, 20:13.
And if you are found guilty of committing adultery, then you should be stoned to death. But Jesus caused great problems with the Jewish leaders. There was the time a woman was brought before Jesus, she had been found guilty of adultery, when the elders asked Jesus, should they stone her to death? Jesus replied, he who is without sin, may cast the first stone, and they all walked away, leaving the woman free.

Jesus asked the woman, where are they who condemn you, and she said, no one condemns me, and Jesus said neither do I, do not sin again.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God,

Eric

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 06:11 PM
Yes, that is true: the law of the Tawraah (Torah) was not carried out in that instance. However, what I am saying is this: I am not looking at this from the aspect of jurisprudence; I'm looking at it from an aspect of creed. Belief. The creed of Moses and the creed of Jesus was the same; it was only their Divine Laws which differed. Hence, the creed of Moses, the creed espoused in the Old Testament - which, as we have mentioned, is accepted by Christianity as being a "Divine Book from God" - is that homosexuality is an abomination and that God destroyed them.

Did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah or did He not? All Christians will agree that He did. Obviously, this means that God is most definitely not in favour of homosexuality.

Whether Christians must act upon the law of the Old Testament and execute homosexuals/sodomites is not the point I'm trying to get across; what I am saying is that God, as mentioned in the Old Testament, destroyed homosexuals and regarded them as an abomination. That is very clear from the text. They were committing sodomy, and so the verse of the Old Testament says:

The outcry against this place is so great before the Lord that He has sent us to destroy it.”
[Genesis, 19:13]

God sent the Angels to destroy the towns of Sodom and Gomorrah because they were homosexuals, and homosexuality opposes the Divine Will of God.

Abz2000
08-22-2016, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Huzaifah ibn Adam;

And if you are found guilty of committing adultery, then you should be stoned to death. But Jesus caused great problems with the Jewish leaders. There was the time a woman was brought before Jesus, she had been found guilty of adultery, when the elders asked Jesus, should they stone her to death? Jesus replied, he who is without sin, may cast the first stone, and they all walked away, leaving the woman free.

Jesus asked the woman, where are they who condemn you, and she said, no one condemns me, and Jesus said neither do I, do not sin again.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God,

Eric
1. They came to tempt him and were also attempting to discredit him by punishing his blessed mother.
2. The jewish leaders of the time were roman shills, just like the drug baron hamid karzai and the corrupt secularist nouri al maliki, they were false accusers in a society they had plunged into corruption and adultery with an outward veneer of adherence to scripture.
3. The fact that Allah sent the chaste mother of Jesus in such peculiar circumstances indicates that Allah was putting the Israelites to the test and was drawing them back to Islam. Through their accusations of her, they were psychologically accepting the fact that adultery was wrong.
4. Jesus was sent to heal the corruption and kufr that was becoming rampant in society, so rampant that even the elect knew who the prostitutes amongst them were, that's how slack they had become and Allah was also making it obvious to the people that the shill roman appointed priests and other hypocrite agents were using the letter of the law in total absence of spirit in order to manipulate the masses into servitude of tyrants and pretending it was God's command to accept obvious falsehood.
5. The accusers left the place due to their own conscience condemning them and thus there were no accusers.
6. Jesus was sent to fulfill the law and make it wholesome and relevant again in a subtle way (Allah's promised strange work) and was not sent to destroy it.

Please use your intelligence to understand the context, there was not a promotion of relaxed attitude to adultery and corruption but rather a psychological condemnation of adultery and corruption being engineered. Allah was healing the people through the servant and showing them that they had strayed, and needed to come back to Allah's guidance in order to gently draw themselves back to decency, truth, piety, nobility and success through return to Allah's guidance for the time.

Furqan*( Arabic: فرقان) *is the criterion or the standard to*distinguish between good and bad.
*The name “The Criterion” refers to the*Qur'an*itself as the decisive factor between the Good and the Evil.
The 25th surah of the*Qur'an*is also named ‘Al-Furqan'*with 77*ayat.

*According to Dr. Sobhy as-Salih, this word is also not Arabic but Aramaic, the original language in which Gospel/ Injeel was revealed in.

*The Furqaan separates the truth (Haqq) from falsehood (Baatil) and through it Allah made the truth known to mankind.*

The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and*criterion.
*- Surah Baqarah 2:185

Some of the theatre falsehoods can be observed at the trial where they pull up alongside him a man called "Jesus BarAbbas" (Jesus son of the father) and then ask Jesus the son of Mary if he's the son of God.....aside from the fact that they'd slandered him for not having a father.

It was Satan condemning evil out of spite lol.

the fiasco where Pilate attempts to absolve pagan rome of guilt is self-evident given the circumstances, if uncertain, just look at the trial of saddam and the fact that everyone knows that Bush had him condemned through a puppet despite the outward denial and pretense of being fair and "leaving it to the newly democratic iraqi courts".

Recent scholars are trying to make sense of it too:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barabbas

They plotted and planned, and Allah too plotted and planned, and Allah is the best of plotters and planners.

sad that they bust up the face of a man and murdered him after they found they'd humiliatingly lost a celebrity political prisoner (in their own skewed opinion) and didn't know how to answer the raging masses.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 07:24 PM
Ezekiel 5:15
So it shall be a reproach and a taunt, an instruction and an astonishment unto the nations that are round about thee, when I shall execute judgments in thee in anger and in fury and in furious rebukes. I the LORD have spoken it.

Ezekiel 25:17 (NKJV) I will execute great vengeance on them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I lay My vengeance upon them."

jabeady
08-22-2016, 08:45 PM
Will Christians openly come out and reject the Old Testament?

Will they accuse the Old Testament of spreading "hatred and intolerance"? And that it is a book of "terrorism/fundamentalism"?
Not the Christians I know. OTOH, I know a lot of atheists who say that.

jabeady
08-22-2016, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akhi_Umar
Well said.

Christian logic - Follow what they want to.
Bwahahahahaha!

Sorry, but I just had to laugh. That is exactly what most atheists say about Christians. The actual term is "cherry picking."

Did you ever think you'd be in agreement with an atheist? :)

Akhi_Umar
08-22-2016, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jabeady
Bwahahahahaha!

Sorry, but I just had to laugh. That is exactly what most atheists say about Christians. The actual term is "cherry picking."

Did you ever think you'd be in agreement with an atheist? :)
Yeah cherry pick that's the word lol :)

Eric H
08-23-2016, 07:30 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Abz2000;

Please use your intelligence to understand the context, there was not a promotion of relaxed attitude to adultery and corruption but rather a psychological condemnation of adultery and corruption being engineered. Allah was healing the people through the servant and showing them that they had strayed, and needed to come back to Allah's guidance in order to gently draw themselves back to decency, truth, piety, nobility and success through return to Allah's guidance for the time.
I agree with you totally, But Jesus made one other very clear and important point, if we are to make judgements on other people, we should not sin ourselves. We should be more concerned with changing ourselves than changing other people, certainly we should try and help them.

In my old age, I have come to understand that people are always going to do what people want to do. I hate smoking, there are all the graphic warnings on cigarette packs as to their harm. I talked to my children about the dangers of smoking as they grew up, but two of them chose to smoke, granted one of them struggled to stop for many years, but she had to find her own strength to stop, it was nothing that I said.

I struggle with sin myself, and in the eyes of God who am I to say that my sins are not as bad as sodomy, Adam and Eve only ate from a forbidden tree, not a big deal in my eyes, but in the eyes of God, it was rebellion, and we know the rest of the story.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God.

Eric

goodwill
08-23-2016, 09:39 PM
So what does that tell you, then? "God hates gays"?
Though His judgments be fearsome, God hates none of His creatures, for He is love, just as revealed in Jesus Christ. The purpose of punishment is correction. As the Old Testament puts it: "My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth" (Proverbs 3:11,12).

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-23-2016, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by goodwill
Though His judgments be fearsome, God hates none of His creatures, for He is love, just as revealed in Jesus Christ. The purpose of punishment is correction. As the Old Testament puts it: "My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth" (Proverbs 3:11,12).
Are you very sure?

"The boastful shall not stand in Your sight;
You hate all workers of iniquity." [Psalm, 5:5]

King James Bible
"God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day." [Psalms, 7:11]

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-23-2016, 10:09 PM
Parallel Verses (Psalm 5:5)

New International Version
The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong;

New Living Translation
Therefore, the proud may not stand in your presence, for you hate all who do evil.

English Standard Version
The boastful shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers.

New American Standard Bible
The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You hate all who do iniquity.

King James Bible
The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
The boastful cannot stand in Your presence; You hate all evildoers.

International Standard Version
Boastful ones will not stand before you; you hate all those who practice wickedness.

NET Bible
Arrogant people cannot stand in your presence; you hate all who behave wickedly.

New Heart English Bible
The arrogant shall not stand in your sight. You hate all workers of iniquity.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Neither will the proud stand before your eyes; you have hated all workers of falsehood.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Those who brag cannot stand in your sight. You hate all troublemakers.

JPS Tanakh 1917
The boasters shall not stand in Thy sight; Thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

New American Standard 1977
The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes;
Thou dost hate all who do iniquity.

Jubilee Bible 2000
The foolish (those who are governed by carnal thoughts or desires) shall not stand in thy sight; thou dost hate all workers of iniquity.

King James 2000 Bible
The foolish shall not stand in your sight: you hate all workers of iniquity.

American King James Version
The foolish shall not stand in your sight: you hate all workers of iniquity.

American Standard Version
The arrogant shall not stand in thy sight: Thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-23-2016, 10:15 PM
There's more!

----------------------------

4 For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness;
with you, evil people are not welcome.
5 The arrogant cannot stand
in your presence.
You hate all who do wrong;
6 you destroy those who tell lies.
The bloodthirsty and deceitful
you, Lord, detest. Psalm 5:4-6

He observes everyone on earth;
his eyes examine them.
5 The Lord examines the righteous,
but the wicked, those who love violence,
he hates with a passion.
6 On the wicked he will rain
fiery coals and burning sulfur;
a scorching wind will be their lot. 7 For the Lord is righteous,
he loves justice;
the upright will see his face. -Psalm 11:4-7

1 Vindicate me, Lord,
for I have led a blameless life;
I have trusted in the Lord
and have not faltered.
2 Test me, Lord, and try me,
examine my heart and my mind;
3 for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love
and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.

4I do not sit with the deceitful,
nor do I associate with hypocrites.
5 I abhor the assembly of evildoers
and refuse to sit with the wicked.
6 I wash my hands in innocence,
and go about your altar, Lord,
7 proclaiming aloud your praise
and telling of all your wonderful deeds.

8 Lord, I love the house where you live,
the place where your glory dwells.
9 Do not take away my soul along with sinners,
my life with those who are bloodthirsty,
10 in whose hands are wicked schemes,
whose right hands are full of bribes.
11 I lead a blameless life;
deliver me and be merciful to me.- psalm 26

‘Keep all my decrees and laws and follow them, so that the land where I am bringing you to live may not vomit you out.
23 You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you.
Because they did all these things, I abhorred them.- Leviticus 20: 22-23

“Why should I forgive you?
Your children have forsaken me
and sworn by gods that are not gods.
I supplied all their needs,
yet they committed adultery
and thronged to the houses of prostitutes.
8 They are well-fed, lusty stallions,
each neighing for another man’s wife.
9 Should I not punish them for this?”
declares the Lord.
“Should I not avenge myself
on such a nation as this?
21 Hear this, you foolish and senseless people,
who have eyes but do not see,
who have ears but do not hear:
22 Should you not fear me?” declares the Lord.
“Should you not tremble in my presence?
I made the sand a boundary for the sea,
an everlasting barrier it cannot cross.
The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail;
they may roar, but they cannot cross it.
23 But these people have stubborn and rebellious hearts;
they have turned aside and gone away.
24 They do not say to themselves,
‘Let us fear the Lord our God,
who gives autumn and spring rains in season,
who assures us of the regular weeks of harvest.’
25 Your wrongdoings have kept these away;
your sins have deprived you of good. — Jeremiah 5:7-9, 21-25

“I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear:Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.” Luke 12:1-5

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-23-2016, 10:19 PM
I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more ... yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:15-16
And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them. -- Leviticus 20:23
I will ... cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, andmy soul shall abhor you. -- Leviticus 26:30
And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them ... for they are ... children in whom is no faith. -- Deuteronomy 32:19-20
The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. -- Psalm 5:5
The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth. -- Psalm 11:5

goodwill
08-23-2016, 11:06 PM
"God is love," as Jesus Christ demonstrated before the world and as the Bible so briefly but profoundly declares. His wrath, hate, and vengeance are of another nature than ours, my friend. "For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God" (James 1:20). Yes, God hates the workers of iniquity so much, that He sent His Son Jesus Christ to transform them into workers of righteousness. Do not despair. Eventually all will know their Savior and rejoice greatly.

Serinity
08-24-2016, 03:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by startingarabic
And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
This is an insult to God. Basically this verse is implying God isn't all-knowing. Just wanted to point that out. God should already know before hand, He didn't need to "go down". Or confirm "according to the cry of it". And neither should there be "and if not, I will know" God would already know.

Just saying

Serinity
08-24-2016, 04:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by goodwill
"God is love," as Jesus Christ demonstrated before the world and as the Bible so briefly but profoundly declares. His wrath, hate, and vengeance are of another nature than ours, my friend. "For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God" (James 1:20). Yes, God hates the workers of iniquity so much, that He sent His Son Jesus Christ to transform them into workers of righteousness. Do not despair. Eventually all will know their Savior and rejoice greatly.
That is shirk right there. Just saying. God is not love. God is loving, but not love. If you say God is love, you are saying love is God. Which is shirk/idolatry.

No prophet :as: can save us from the Punishment of Allah. None except Allah can. Our only hope is in Allah, none else. And for the rest of what you said, I disagree. Allah has no son. And the rest is just folklore/didn't happen, afaik.

Eric H
08-24-2016, 05:04 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Akhi_Umar;

I believe the law of God to be a profound subject. The only law Adam had, was not to eat from the tree of knowledge, then there were no more laws until Moses. When Cain killed his brother Abel, he did evil, but he was not breaking any law, because the law against killing did not exist at that time.

Laws condemn, so from the time of God giving Moses the law against killing, it then made all murderers guilty and there were punishments for breaking the law.

Jesus acknowledged all the law of Moses, but he reminded the Jews of the greatest commandments, to love God and to love your neighbour as you love yourself. All the law of God hangs and depends on the greatest commandments. In other words, if you truly loved ALL your neighbour as you love yourself, you would not kill, cheat, commit adultery, etc.

Jesus gave us a new commandment, love one another as I have loved you, by this all men will know that you are my disciples. I believe that Jesus obeyed the greatest commandments fully and totally throughout his life, and we should follow his example.

It then seems that people went against God as always, and Islam seems to be a reinforcement of the Old Testament laws. Sadly mankind is still a mess, there is too much law breaking today.

Eric

Eric H
08-24-2016, 05:25 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Serinity;

This is an insult to God. Basically this verse is implying God isn't all-knowing. Just wanted to point that out. God should already know before hand, He didn't need to "go down". Or confirm "according to the cry of it". And neither should there be "and if not, I will know" God would already know.
As you rightly point out, God already knew what was going on, so he did not need to check it out for his own benefit. If you take the short quoted text in the fuller context, I believe the message was intended for Abraham, and everyone after him.

Genesis 18, Abraham Pleads for Sodom

16 When the men got up to leave, they looked down toward Sodom, and Abraham walked along with them to see them on their way. 17 Then the Lord said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do? 18 Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him.[c] 19 For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.”

20 Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21 that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”

22 The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the Lord.[d] 23 Then Abraham approached him and said: “Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked? 24 What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare[e] the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? 25 Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”

26 The Lord said, “If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake.”

In the spirit of praying to 'One God'

Eric

goodwill
08-24-2016, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
That is shirk right there. Just saying. God is not love. God is loving, but not love. If you say God is love, you are saying love is God. Which is shirk/idolatry.

No prophet :as: can save us from the Punishment of Allah. None except Allah can. Our only hope is in Allah, none else. And for the rest of what you said, I disagree. Allah has no son. And the rest is just folklore/didn't happen, afaik.
To say that God is love is not to imply that He has an abstraction or emotion as a rival. It means that everything God does is done in love.

Akhi_Umar
08-24-2016, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

I believe the law of God to be a profound subject. The only law Adam had, was not to eat from the tree of knowledge, then there were no more laws until Moses. When Cain killed his brother Abel, he did evil, but he was not breaking any law, because the law against killing did not exist at that time.

Laws condemn, so from the time of God giving Moses the law against killing, it then made all murderers guilty and there were punishments for breaking the law.

Jesus acknowledged all the law of Moses, but he reminded the Jews of the greatest commandments, to love God and to love your neighbour as you love yourself. All the law of God hangs and depends on the greatest commandments. In other words, if you truly loved ALL your neighbour as you love yourself, you would not kill, cheat, commit adultery, etc.

Jesus gave us a new commandment, love one another as I have loved you, by this all men will know that you are my disciples. I believe that Jesus obeyed the greatest commandments fully and totally throughout his life, and we should follow his example.

It then seems that people went against God as always, and Islam seems to be a reinforcement of the Old Testament laws. Sadly mankind is still a mess, there is too much law breaking today.

Eric
Hello Eric. I ask Allah SWT to guide you to the straight path Insha'Allah (If Allah wills)

Where is your evidence for such a statement? You are basically saying that the world was in a state of anarchy before Moses (Peace be upon him) was sent.

Now Cain said to his brother Abel, “Let’s go out to the field.” While they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him.

9 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?”

“I don’t know,” he replied. “Am I my brother’s keeper?”

10 The Lord said, “What have you done? Listen! Your brother’s blood cries out to me from the ground. 11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand. 12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth.”

13 Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

15 But the Lord said to him, “Not so; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.

If a person breaks the law, he is punished for his actions unless he repents. The same applies in our World to some extent. You kill someone, you are punished whether it be jail or a death sentence.

So the punishment for Cain was that the Earth would no longer produce its crops for Cain, So if there was no law why would there be a need for a punishment like so? If there was no law against murder then why didn't God leave Cain be? Why did God have to withhold the crops? Why did God say that anyone who KILLS Cain will experience a punishment even more worse if there was no law against murder?

Again... Thousands of years prior to the arrival of Moses (Pbuh), Cain murdered his brother Abel and his punishment was that the that Earth was commanded (according to the Bible) to withhold its crops. So if the law against killing wasn't established then why was Cain punished with this? Why did God say that anyone who kills Cain will have an even greater punishment?

Okay so if Jesus acknowledged the law of Moses then surely modern day Christians have to follow the laws of before alongside the TRUE law that Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) taught? Many Christians will openly take part in Usury and now accept homosexuality when the Bible preaches that man cannot take part in such acts.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18 For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.…
[Matthew 17-19]

I will now ask you now bearing in mind the above quote... Do you or do you not follow the laws of Moses and Abraham and those that came before Jesus (Pbuh)?

Eric H
08-25-2016, 07:37 AM

Where is your evidence for such a statement? You are basically saying that the world was in a state of anarchy before Moses (Peace be upon him) was sent.
As I said earlier, the law of God is a profound subject, and it is hard for any of us to understand God in any depth. Forgive me for quoting the Bible version of creation, but why did God give Moses the law, if the law already existed? When Adam ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, it seems that he was given a conscience to know the difference between right and wrong.

Now Cain said to his brother Abel, “Let’s go out to the field.” While they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him.
If you read the preceding verses, God warns Cain that his anger will lead him to sin, but God does not say to Cain, do not kill your brother.

Genesis 4New International Version (NIV)

Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil. 3 In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. 4 And Abel also brought an offering—fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, 5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.

6 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”

So the punishment for Cain was that the Earth would no longer produce its crops for Cain, So if there was no law why would there be a need for a punishment like so? If there was no law against murder then why didn't God leave Cain be? Why did God have to withhold the crops? Why did God say that anyone who KILLS Cain will experience a punishment even more worse if there was no law against murder?
I do not pretend to know the mind of God, but my thoughts are that Caine did evil, and that meant he could be punished. I think it was God's intention that Adam should never eat from the tree of knowledge, and we would all be living the good life with God. I think it was God's intention that we should all willingly obey our conscience of good and evil, and Cain would never have killed his brother. But it seems in the Bible that you have only just finished reading the story of creation, and by chapter 7 in Genesis, God is so angry with mankind that he brings on the flood to wipe mankind out.

By the time we get to Moses, it seems God has looked down on so much evil on Earth, that he has to spell out what is in our conscience, and Moses is given the law.

Okay so if Jesus acknowledged the law of Moses then surely modern day Christians have to follow the laws of before alongside the TRUE law that Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) taught? Many Christians will openly take part in Usury and now accept homosexuality when the Bible preaches that man cannot take part in such acts.
I agree with you, all Christians should follow all the laws of Moses, and the more profound commandment that Jesus gave us, but sadly we all sin.

I will now ask you now bearing in mind the above quote... Do you or do you not follow the laws of Moses and Abraham and those that came before Jesus (Pbuh)?
I try and I struggle, but like Oscar Wilde said, I can resist everything in life...............'Except Temptation'

In the spirit of praying for the wisdom, guidance and the strength to do God's will.

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.