/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do i wear

mashaallah04
08-22-2016, 02:11 AM
Hello my name is alana. and i am a kid that converted to islam. But i am not quite sure what to wear to school or any place can you guys give me some tips please. I really love the hijab i have lots of material and stuff for that already so im set on that but what material and stuff can i wear and i am 12 years old.[emoji2] please give me wonderdul tips i can use thx for ur time and help mashaallah and i am a black muslim but scared to wear hijab cause im afraid for people to judge what should i do to empower my confidence tips plz.[emoji3]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wkostuk
08-22-2016, 04:15 AM
Most likely hijab. So head covering and modest clothes that do not show shape/form of your body (: whenever i first started wearing hijab i was very self conscious and scared. Considering i live in texas haha. But when i had it on, i actually gained a lot of confidence. Knowing that i was covering myself to please allah, i enjoyed it more. Before i wore it i never realized how openly people display there bodies. Where everything is so visible. I had so much respect for myself when wearing it, and recieved a lot more respect from others around me aswell. It covered my body , but created a window for my personilty to shone through. I enjoy it and i hope you do too!
Goodluck sister!

Search
08-22-2016, 04:35 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

How beautiful, honey, your intention! Allahumma barik alayhi (O Allah, bless it). I'm so glad that at 12 years old you're so intelligent; I don't think at 12 years old I was ever that wise. You can wear hijab with any material or stuff that you like and covers you in a modest way without being an obstruction in daily movement. And you can wear any hijab that you like in a way that will allow you to feel modest and also comfortable. Congratulations, honey! And you being a black Muslim is awesomeness - because you're just like a rose in all the roses that we have in yellow, pink, red, white, brown, black - in Allah's garden on earth as all Muslims to be settled in Paradise one day InshaAllah (God-willing).

I think the biggest confidence tip I can give you is to always be confident, even if you don't feel it inside of yourself - essentially "fake it until you make it." Sometimes, people might be like what are you wearing or be curious. And that's okay. You're going to be the ambassador of Islam, and you're going to have to be like, "I just love Allah, and I love how Allah has asked me to beautify myself with the veil as a sign of my inner beauty and modesty." If sometimes you feel bad or sad because of how people think, don't be concerned; remember ALWAYS that Allah loves you, because Allah gives worldly goods to people whether he likes them or not but he gives religion only to those whom he loves, and this is information our Prophet :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) shared with us.

Sometimes, when you get down on a day, tell yourself, "No two days are the same. Tomorrow is going to get better." And ask Allah ALWAYS to make hijab and Islam and everything else extremely easy for you. ALWAYS remember Allah chose you as the ambassador of Islam, and you being 12 years old is proof that ambassadors come in all ages. Also, ALWAYS remember you're beautiful, and the way you're beautiful is not limited to physical appearance but the person you're on the inside whose light of faith and love is going to be her compass in life to direct her on the Straight Path to be shining in the world.

Muah. <3 (Hugs.)

Barakallahu feeki. (may Allah bless you.)

Wishing you, my beautiful little sister peace, goodness, and awesomeness,

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

format_quote Originally Posted by mashaallah04
Hello my name is alana. and i am a kid that converted to islam. But i am not quite sure what to wear to school or any place can you guys give me some tips please. I really love the hijab i have lots of material and stuff for that already so im set on that but what material and stuff can i wear and i am 12 years old.[emoji2] please give me wonderdul tips i can use thx for ur time and help mashaallah and i am a black muslim but scared to wear hijab cause im afraid for people to judge what should i do to empower my confidence tips plz.[emoji3]

mashaallah04
08-22-2016, 04:39 AM
Shukran lak. ❤ thanks for you tips you really helped me a lot. And may allah bless you more sister. Mashaallah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mashaallah04
08-22-2016, 05:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wkostuk
Most likely hijab. So head covering and modest clothes that do not show shape/form of your body (: whenever i first started wearing hijab i was very self conscious and scared. Considering i live in texas haha. But when i had it on, i actually gained a lot of confidence. Knowing that i was covering myself to please allah, i enjoyed it more. Before i wore it i never realized how openly people display there bodies. Where everything is so visible. I had so much respect for myself when wearing it, and recieved a lot more respect from others around me aswell. It covered my body , but created a window for my personilty to shone through. I enjoy it and i hope you do too!
Goodluck sister!
Thank you sister for the advice

mashaallah04
08-22-2016, 05:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

How beautiful, honey, your intention! Allahumma barik alayhi (O Allah, bless it). I'm so glad that at 12 years old you're so intelligent; I don't think at 12 years old I was ever that wise. You can wear hijab with any material or stuff that you like and covers you in a modest way without being an obstruction in daily movement. And you can wear any hijab that you like in a way that will allow you to feel modest and also comfortable. Congratulations, honey! And you being a black Muslim is awesomeness - because you're just like a rose in all the roses that we have in yellow, pink, red, white, brown, black - in Allah's garden on earth as all Muslims to be settled in Paradise one day InshaAllah (God-willing).

I think the biggest confidence tip I can give you is to always be confident, even if you don't feel it inside of yourself - essentially "fake it until you make it." Sometimes, people might be like what are you wearing or be curious. And that's okay. You're going to be the ambassador of Islam, and you're going to have to be like, "I just love Allah, and I love how Allah has asked me to beautify myself with the veil as a sign of my inner beauty and modesty." If sometimes you feel bad or sad because of how people think, don't be concerned; remember ALWAYS that Allah loves you, because Allah gives worldly goods to people whether he likes them or not but he gives religion only to those whom he loves, and this is information our Prophet :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) shared with us.

Sometimes, when you get down on a day, tell yourself, "No two days are the same. Tomorrow is going to get better." And ask Allah ALWAYS to make hijab and Islam and everything else extremely easy for you. ALWAYS remember Allah chose you as the ambassador of Islam, and you being 12 years old is proof that ambassadors come in all ages. Also, ALWAYS remember you're beautiful, and the way you're beautiful is not limited to physical appearance but the person you're on the inside whose light of faith and love is going to be her compass in life to direct her on the Straight Path to be shining in the world.

Muah. <3 (Hugs.)

Barakallahu feeki. (may Allah bless you.)

Wishing you, my beautiful little sister peace, goodness, and awesomeness,

:wa: (And peace be upon you)
Thank you sister. Mashaallah may peace be upon you to

Umm Abed
08-22-2016, 05:23 AM
Thank you sister. Mashaallah may peace be upon you to
Salam and welcome sister.

When did you convert to Islam and what made you want to do it?

mashaallah04
08-22-2016, 05:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Salam and welcome sister.

When did you convert to Islam and what made you want to do it?
I studied islam for a long time dor about 2 years. And i loved any and everything about it i never sterotype it like others cause thats plain meam. And i did it for the sake of allah

Little_Lion
08-22-2016, 07:59 AM
Salaam aleikum, sister! Have you looked on Youtube for videos on how to wear the hijab? There are many excellent ones out there on how to wear it comfortably and beautifully at the same time. :)

mashaallah04
08-22-2016, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
Salaam aleikum, sister! Have you looked on Youtube for videos on how to wear the hijab? There are many excellent ones out there on how to wear it comfortably and beautifully at the same time. :)
Shukran lak for the advice sister ill do that

Umm Abed
08-22-2016, 08:11 AM
I studied islam for a long time dor about 2 years. And i loved any and everything about it i never sterotype it like others cause thats plain meam. And i did it for the sake of allah
Alhamdulillah, thats good. Did you parents or family accept your new way of life? Is practising easy?

mashaallah04
09-12-2016, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Alhamdulillah, thats good. Did you parents or family accept your new way of life? Is practising easy?
Yes my parents have accepted it and my family is getting used to it more and practicing alone is somewhat easy just wish I had someone you know?!

greenhill
09-12-2016, 01:29 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to islam.

So young and already given hidayah.. mashaAllah.

Wishing you a great stay. (I see you are already posting..)

:peace:

Delete.
10-18-2016, 07:50 PM
A'salamu alaykum (Peace be upon you), sister. Masha Allah this is just wonderful that you converted to Islam at a young age. May Allah keep you steadfast and make it easy for you. Alhamdulilah your family is so accepting, may Allah bless them and guide them.

mission2succeed
10-18-2016, 10:16 PM
:salam:

Masha'allah and you've chosen the right name to. May Allah make your path easy and help and guide you along the way. Well done for acknowledging the truth and reconverting to Islam. Always remember everything you do make sure it is in order to please Allah and not the people. Once you have this thought fixed in your mind then the rest will become easier to implement. I would say keep your hijab simple and go for dull colours than bright ones as you will be wearing it to cover your head and not necessarily attract attention. Even better if you have a school uniform that you have to wear then it is better to keep your scarf the same colour. As far as your clothes is concerned if you can wear an outer loose 'abayaa' on top of your clothes that would be best. If this is not possible then make sure you choose simple, plain, thick and loose clothes. For example long skirts and dresses are better than trousers and leggings. Also keep away from wearing make-up, perfume and jewellery and limits your contact with the opposite sex and any bad company. I hope this helps you dear young sis.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.