/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What can I do in this situation?

mezzi_sohal
08-22-2016, 11:24 AM
My family listen to music whenever and wherever they can whereas I am trying to give up music to combat waswas. The problem is that in the car, no matter how much I insist, they will not turn the music off...we just drove for around 2 and a half hours and they didn't turn it off for one second. This made the waswas so bad...I don't know what to do. I tried to explain why they should stop but they tried to justify it by saying "But we listen to music all the time so it doesn't matter...music is everywhere...we're on holiday just let us enjoy ourselves." Will I get ghunna for this? What should I do so I don't have to hear it? Is it acceptable to listen to surahs of the Quran with headphones while they listen to music in the background?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
08-22-2016, 12:09 PM
Salaam.

This must be really difficult. People will try every way to justify what they'r doing if they dont want to give up on something. You should wear ear muffs, perhaps they will get the message, or refuse to go with them until they switch off the music. I dont see anything wrong in listening to Qur'an through headphones.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.