/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to become a good muslim

daniel_dee94
08-22-2016, 03:39 PM
How do I become a good Muslim, as I am new to the path of Islam can anybody help me to become a good muslim. How can I become the best muslim I can be and do I need material things to have a good life??? Help me guys

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Reminder
08-22-2016, 04:08 PM
Take it slow. People may try to rush you too fast.

Material things help improve quality of life, but are not necessary.

Keep your sins+/shortcomings+/problems to yourself only.

Aaqib
08-22-2016, 04:15 PM
"Im leaving two things among you, and if you cling onto them firmly you will never go astray. One is the Book of Allah -- the Qur'an, and the other is my way of life -- the Sunnah"

Akhi_Umar
08-22-2016, 04:41 PM
:sl:

Brother Aaqib said it best.

I'd imagine you are already following the basics so the 5 pillars. I'd advise you to now incorporate the Sunnah of Muhammad :saws: into your daily life.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
08-22-2016, 05:04 PM
At the first, try to be a good human. Sooner than you´ll notice, you are also a good Muslim.

;)

Umm Abed
08-22-2016, 05:24 PM
:wa:

Qur'an and sunnah, to be honest, following the example of Rasulullah:saws: is key to success.

He was the perfect example on how a person should live. You dont need to become a hermit. Choose your friends wisely. You dont need to cut out living a normal, comfortable life. Its all about moderation at its best.

anatolian
08-22-2016, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
At the first, try to be a good human. Sooner than you´ll notice, you are also a good Muslim.

;)
I agree you however still it is half part..Being a good human requires you to be good to other creatures but being a good muslim requires you to be good to your Creator as well. So being a good muslim contains but is above being a good human.

Zafran
08-22-2016, 11:11 PM
salaam

Its a lifelong journey - serving God and people and being just. Even when you fall down - getting back up, repenting and carrying on.

peace

Nobody's Girl
08-23-2016, 12:24 AM
I am not a good muslim but I hope to be one day. I don't really know how to be a good muslim but I believe a person should start with their heart. Having a pure heart is very important.

Little_Lion
08-23-2016, 12:59 AM
You do not have to have material things to be a good muslim. I'm definitely not the best muslim ;D but I am poor as dirt. Having more would not make me a better muslim, and might even make me harder in my heart so that I would not be as thankful to Allah for what I do have.

What are you, daniel, and you, Nobody's Girl, doing right now to be good muslims, and what do you think you could do more of, or do better at?

darkbro
08-24-2016, 04:05 PM
Read the quran, then fix your shalah.

اتْلُ مَا أُوحِيَ إِلَيْكَ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَأَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ ۖ إِنَّ الصَّلَاةَ تَنْهَىٰ عَنِ الْفَحْشَاءِ وَالْمُنكَرِ ۗ وَلَذِكْرُ اللَّهِ أَكْبَرُ ۗ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مَا تَصْنَعُونَ

Recite, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you of the Book and establish prayer. Indeed, prayer prohibits immorality and wrongdoing, and the remembrance of Allah is greater. And Allah knows that which you do. [Al Ankabut : 45]

The most important thing, you have to be sure that you really want to be a good muslim.

وَلَقَدْ عَهِدْنَا إِلَىٰ آدَمَ مِن قَبْلُ فَنَسِيَ وَلَمْ نَجِدْ لَهُ عَزْمًا

And We had already taken a promise from Adam before, but he forgot; and We found not in him determination. [Taha:115]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.