/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Picking and The Fallacy of Selective Attention

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 10:30 PM
Many Christians around the world (the West, in particular) along with their lackeys (the coconut nations who worship the West) are always clamouring for Islaam to be banned because it "calls towards extremism/fundamentalism/terrorism/violence/hatred/intolerance", etc., etc. They, on the other hand, call for "peace", "tolerance and interfaith", "agreeing to disagree", "gay rights", "freedom of speech", "separation of religion from state", etc.

Let's see if their "Holy Books" are in agreement with them on these issues or not:

“Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.” [Samuel, 12:3]

(Amalek was a nation.)

“Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” [Psalm, 137:9]

“If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, ‘Let us go and worship other gods’ (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people.”
[Deutronomy, 13:6-9]

“If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her, then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour’s wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.”
[Deuteronomy,22:23-24]

More to come.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 10:34 PM
The Old Testament Condemns Homosexuality:

1. Genesis 19:4-7 Before they could lie down, all the men of Sodom and its outskirts, both young and old, surrounded the house. They called out to Lot and asked, “Where are the men who came to visit you tonight? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!” Lot went outside to them, shut the door behind him, and said, “I urge you, my brothers, don’t do such a wicked thing.
2. Genesis 19:12-13 Then the two visitors said to Lot, “Who else do you have here? Do you have any sons-in-law, sons, daughters, or other relatives in the city? Get them out of this place because we are about to destroy it. The outcry against this place is so great before the Lord that he has sent us to destroy it.
3. Judges 19:22 While they were enjoying themselves, a crowd of troublemakers from the town surrounded the house. They began beating at the door and shouting to the old man, “Bring out the man who is staying with you so we can have sex with him.”
4. 2 Peter 2:6-10 Later, God condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and turned them into heaps of ashes. He made them an example of what will happen to ungodly people. But God also rescued Lot out of Sodom because he was a righteous man whowas sick of the shameful immorality of the wicked people around him. Yes, Lot was a righteous man who was tormented in his soul by the wickedness he saw and heard day after day. So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while keeping the wicked under punishment until the day of final judgment. He is especially hard on those who follow their own twisted sexual desire, and who despise authority. These people are proud and arrogant, daring even to scoff at supernatural beings without so much as trembling.
5. Jude 1:7 So also Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighboring towns, since they indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire in a way similar to these angels, are now displayed as an example by suffering the punishment of eternal fire.

God uses the word sodomite in reference to homosexuals.
6. 1 Kings 14:24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.
7. 1 Kings 15:12 And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.

God knew this huge LGBT movement would happen.
8. Isaiah 1:10 “Listen to what the Lord says, you rulers of Sodom, and pay attention to the teaching of our God, you people of Gomorrah!
9. Isaiah 3:8-9 “For Jerusalem has stumbled, and Judah has fallen, because what they say and do opposes the Lord;
they keep defying him. “The expressions on their faces give them away. They parade their sin around like Sodom; they don’t even try to hide it. How horrible it will be for them, because they have brought disaster on themselves!”

Homosexuality is a sin!
10. Leviticus 20:13 “If a man has sexual relations with another male as he would with a woman, both have committed a repulsive act. They are certainly to be put to death.
11. 1 Corinthians 6:9 Don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be deceived: No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, oranyone practicing homosexuality,
12. Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.
13. Romans 1:25-27 They exchanged God’s truth for a lie and worshipped and served the creation rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason, God delivered them to degrading passions as their females exchanged their natural sexual function for one that is unnatural. In the same way, their males also abandoned their natural sexual function toward females and burned with lust toward one another.Males committed indecent acts with males, and received within themselves the appropriate penalty for their perversion.

The sin of gay pride.
14. Ezekiel 16:49 Now this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, plenty of food, and comfortable security, but didn’t support the poor and needy.

Reminders
15. Galatians 5:19 Now the actions of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, promiscuity,

17. Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
18. Colossians 3:5 Therefore, put to death what belongs to your worldly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desire, and greed, which is idolatry.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 10:40 PM
Deuteronomy
Chapter 2

32-37
"And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have begun to give Sihon and his land before thee: begin to possess, that thou mayest inherit his land. 32 ThenSihon came out against us, he and all his people, to fight at Jahaz. 33 And the LORD our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people. 34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain. 36 From Aroer, which is by the brink of the river of Arnon, and from the city that is by the river, even unto Gilead, there was not one city too strong for us: the LORD our God delivered all unto us."

Deuteronomy
Chapter 3

1-7
1 "Then we turned, and went up the way to Bashan: and Og the king of Bashan came out against us, he and all his people, to battle at Edrei. 2 And the LORD said unto me, Fear him not: for I will deliver him, and all his people, and his land, into thy hand; and thou shalt do unto him as thou didst unto Sihon king of the Amorites, which dwelt at Heshbon. 3 So the LORD our God delivered into our hands Og also, the king of Bashan, and all his people: and we smote him until none was left to him remaining. 4 And we took all his cities at that time, there was not a city which we took not from them, threescore cities, all the region of Argob, the kingdom of Og in Bashan. 5 All these cities were fenced with high walls, gates, and bars; beside unwalled towns a great many. 6 And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city. 7 But all the cattle, and the spoil of the cities, we took for a prey to ourselves."

Deuteronomy
Chapter 7

1-6
1 "When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and theGirgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou; 2And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor show mercy unto them: 3 Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shaltthou take unto thy son. 4 For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly. 5 But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire. 6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth."

Deuteronomy
Chapter 13

6-18
6 "If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 11 And all Israelshall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you."

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 10:42 PM
On Punishing Immorality

Leviticus 20:9 If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.
20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.
20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.
Deuteronomy 22:20-1 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.
Exodus 35:2 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 10:44 PM
From the New Testament:

“I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence. (Luke 19:26-27)

"Do not think that I have come to send peace on earth. I did not come to send peace, but a sword. I am sent to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law" (Matthew 10:34-35)

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 10:47 PM
Taking Slaves As "Plunder" - As Decreed in the Old Testament:

Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.
20:10-17 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. . . . This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.
However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 10:50 PM
According to the Old Testament, Those Who Insult God are to be Executed:

Leviticus 24:16 “Anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death.”

Zafran
08-22-2016, 11:08 PM
salaam

This isn't exactly a constructive thread.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 11:11 PM
وعليكم السلام

On the contrary: It's a Very constructive thread.

The very same people complaining about "terrorism/fundamentalism/hate speech/intolerance/" - this is written in the Holy Books they believe in.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-22-2016, 11:19 PM
The very same people who call for the banning of the Qur'aan.

This thread is for them.

cooterhein
08-22-2016, 11:25 PM
Hi there, Evangelical Christian here. I believe we've spoken before. Are there any specific questions that you have for me?

Before we really get going, I would like to say I don't believe Islam as a religion or Muslims as people should be banned from my country or from any remotely similar country, that would be wrong. And I don't think it's going to happen. Back to the main thing though, are there any specific questions you'd like for me to answer?

Eric H
08-22-2016, 11:27 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Huzaifah ibn Adam;

“Your Lord hath inscribed for Himself (the rule of) mercy: verily, if any of you did evil in ignorance, and thereafter repented, and amend (his conduct), lo! He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful” (Quran 6:54)

This verse is affirmed by the narration of Prophet Muhammad, in which he said that God said:

“My mercy prevails over My wrath.”

Reward for kindness and compassion was also assured by the Prophet Muhammad:

“The merciful are shown mercy by the All-Merciful. Show mercy to those on earth, and He Who is in heaven will show mercy unto you” (As-Suyuti).

A Prophet’s Mercy

Concerning Prophet Muhammad’s mercy, it is best to mention first what God Himself has said about him:

“We have not sent thee save as a mercy to the worlds.” (Quran 21:107)

…which assures that Islam is founded on mercy, and that God sent Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, as mercy to all creatures with no exception.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God.

Eric

Zafran
08-22-2016, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
وعليكم السلام

On the contrary: It's a Very constructive thread.

The very same people complaining about "terrorism/fundamentalism/hate speech/intolerance/" - this is written in the Holy Books they believe in.
How - plenty of people complain about those things Muslims and non Muslims alike - Including people who dont believe in the bible - what is the purpose of this thread?

Zafran
08-22-2016, 11:38 PM
The very same people who call for the banning of the Qur'aan.

This thread is for them.
What like some atheists?

Abz2000
08-22-2016, 11:51 PM
It is better to repent like the people of Jonah did, for what can Allah gain by punishment if people sincerely submit to Allah, seek guidance along the straight and noble path, obey Allah, and accept ALL of His messengers?

We already know of some of the sins prevalent during the period of ignorance in Makkah, those sins were ignored and "forgotten" socially when people repented and walked in Islaam whilst each individual prayed for forgiveness in secret.

It's sad that the kaafir leaders and media misled their people and brought them to this sorry stage - may people think before it's too late.

ardianto
08-23-2016, 01:05 AM
Many Christians around the world (the West, in particular) along with their lackeys (the coconut nations who worship the West) are always clamouring for Islaam to be banned because it "calls towards extremism/fundamentalism/terrorism/violence/hatred/intolerance", etc., etc. They, on the other hand, call for "peace", "tolerance and interfaith", "agreeing to disagree", "gay rights", "freedom of speech", "separation of religion from state", etc.
I have many Christian relatives and friends, and I studied in Catholic school. But from what I have noticed they are not as bad as your assumption. They do not support homosexuality or gay rights. Mostly of them are good people.

Indeed, there are extremist Christians who very anti Islam, and liberal Christians who support gay rights. But what's difference between them and extremist Muslims who commit terror anywhere, and liberal Muslims who support gay rights?.

Little_Lion
08-23-2016, 01:25 AM
Actually, cz, from everything I have seen and read from him I would definitely consider him a scholar by Islamic standards, and I am sure he must have made known his credentials to the forum staff to get that tag. Everything he has said is, Islamically, true. I do not agree with him sometimes on his tone or delivery - brother Huzaifah I think would do well by spreading the good news about Islam as often as he is a warner :) - but what he has said is not false.

Eric H
08-23-2016, 09:11 AM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

I see hope, when I as a Christian can copy and paste some Islamic teachings on the mercy of Allah and the prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him. Our atheist friend of many years on this forum, czgibson, pressed the 'like' button.

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

“Your Lord hath inscribed for Himself (the rule of) mercy: verily, if any of you did evil in ignorance, and thereafter repented, and amend (his conduct), lo! He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful” (Quran 6:54)

This verse is affirmed by the narration of Prophet Muhammad, in which he said that God said:

“My mercy prevails over My wrath.”

Reward for kindness and compassion was also assured by the Prophet Muhammad:

“The merciful are shown mercy by the All-Merciful. Show mercy to those on earth, and He Who is in heaven will show mercy unto you” (As-Suyuti).

A Prophet’s Mercy

Concerning Prophet Muhammad’s mercy, it is best to mention first what God Himself has said about him:

“We have not sent thee save as a mercy to the worlds.” (Quran 21:107)

…which assures that Islam is founded on mercy, and that God sent Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, as mercy to all creatures with no exception.

Eric

Eric

Futuwwa
08-23-2016, 09:38 AM
Is this thread meant to be a demonstration by example about how such "cherry-picking" is done?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-23-2016, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
Is this thread meant to be a demonstration by example about how such "cherry-picking" is done?
Very funny. You're killing me.

But no, that's not what's meant by cherry-picking here. We mean people like "Pastor Terry Jones" and his "Stand Up America Now" group who call for the burning of the Qur'aan because "it promotes violence".

Why are there so many "Muslim apologists" apologising for the Qur'aan? I don't see Christians apologising for the Old Testament.

(There is no need for such apologies. Apologising for the Qur'aan or Islaam is Kufr.)

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-23-2016, 05:21 PM
You get so many Moslems as well (claimants to Islaam) who also believe that the Qur'aan should be changed to please the West.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-23-2016, 05:21 PM
Here is an example:

--------------------

by ALI WAKED8 Jul 2016
Egypt’s former Culture Minister Jaber Asfur faced backlash after he demanded that the government remove pro-Jihad verses from the state curriculum.

“These verses are used as a pretext by terrorist organizations and as a mechanism to recruit young Egyptians,” he said.
“Our education should be based on tolerance, moderation, and open-mindedness, in the spirit of our time,” he added, praising the Moroccan government that recently published new editions of textbooks.
“The verses about jihad should be replaced by verses about compassion and forgiveness,” he said.
Asfur’s statement was hotly condemned by several clerics, including Abdullah Najar of the Institute for Islamic Studies, who said, “Asfur is like a sick man who goes to the doctor, who says that the most effective way to get well is to kill himself.”
“The Quran is a matrix of compassion that Allah bestowed upon us, and will continue to be a source of inspiration,” he said. “If we remove these verses, will the West treat us respectfully?”
Asfur’s statements also didn’t go down well on social media. “If Sisi’s government were able to delete the Quran completely, they would do it,” Muhamad wrote.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-23-2016, 05:25 PM
And another:

--------------

https://twitter.com/ThatCoffeeTho/st...00183086145536

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-23-2016, 10:29 PM
The Concept of "Hate the sin but not the sinner" is contrary to the Old Testament:

"The boastful shall not stand in Your sight;
You hate all workers of iniquity." [Psalm, 5:5]

King James Bible
"God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day." [Psalms, 7:11]

Parallel Verses (Psalm 5:5)

New International Version
The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong;

New Living Translation
Therefore, the proud may not stand in your presence, for you hate all who do evil.

English Standard Version
The boastful shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers.

New American Standard Bible
The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You hate all who do iniquity.

King James Bible
The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
The boastful cannot stand in Your presence; You hate all evildoers.

International Standard Version
Boastful ones will not stand before you; you hate all those who practice wickedness.

NET Bible
Arrogant people cannot stand in your presence; you hate all who behave wickedly.

New Heart English Bible
The arrogant shall not stand in your sight. You hate all workers of iniquity.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Neither will the proud stand before your eyes; you have hated all workers of falsehood.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Those who brag cannot stand in your sight. You hate all troublemakers.

JPS Tanakh 1917
The boasters shall not stand in Thy sight; Thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

New American Standard 1977
The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes;
Thou dost hate all who do iniquity.

Jubilee Bible 2000
The foolish (those who are governed by carnal thoughts or desires) shall not stand in thy sight; thou dost hate all workers of iniquity.

King James 2000 Bible
The foolish shall not stand in your sight: you hate all workers of iniquity.

American King James Version
The foolish shall not stand in your sight: you hate all workers of iniquity.

American Standard Version
The arrogant shall not stand in thy sight: Thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

4 For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness;
with you, evil people are not welcome.
5 The arrogant cannot stand
in your presence.
You hate all who do wrong;
6 you destroy those who tell lies.
The bloodthirsty and deceitful
you, Lord, detest. Psalm 5:4-6

He observes everyone on earth;
his eyes examine them.
5 The Lord examines the righteous,
but the wicked, those who love violence,
he hates with a passion.
6 On the wicked he will rain
fiery coals and burning sulfur;
a scorching wind will be their lot. 7 For the Lord is righteous,
he loves justice;
the upright will see his face. -Psalm 11:4-7

1 Vindicate me, Lord,
for I have led a blameless life;
I have trusted in the Lord
and have not faltered.
2 Test me, Lord, and try me,
examine my heart and my mind;
3 for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love
and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.

4I do not sit with the deceitful,
nor do I associate with hypocrites.

5 I abhor the assembly of evildoers
and refuse to sit with the wicked.
6 I wash my hands in innocence,
and go about your altar, Lord,
7 proclaiming aloud your praise
and telling of all your wonderful deeds.

8 Lord, I love the house where you live,
the place where your glory dwells.
9 Do not take away my soul along with sinners,
my life with those who are bloodthirsty,
10 in whose hands are wicked schemes,
whose right hands are full of bribes.
11 I lead a blameless life;
deliver me and be merciful to me.- psalm 26

‘Keep all my decrees and laws and follow them, so that the land where I am bringing you to live may not vomit you out.
23 You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you.

Because they did all these things, I abhorred them.- Leviticus 20: 22-23

“Why should I forgive you?
Your children have forsaken me
and sworn by gods that are not gods.
I supplied all their needs,
yet they committed adultery
and thronged to the houses of prostitutes.
8 They are well-fed, lusty stallions,
each neighing for another man’s wife.
9 Should I not punish them for this?”
declares the Lord.
“Should I not avenge myself
on such a nation as this?
21 Hear this, you foolish and senseless people,
who have eyes but do not see,
who have ears but do not hear:
22 Should you not fear me?” declares the Lord.
“Should you not tremble in my presence?
I made the sand a boundary for the sea,
an everlasting barrier it cannot cross.
The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail;
they may roar, but they cannot cross it.
23 But these people have stubborn and rebellious hearts;
they have turned aside and gone away.
24 They do not say to themselves,
‘Let us fear the Lord our God,
who gives autumn and spring rains in season,
who assures us of the regular weeks of harvest.’
25 Your wrongdoings have kept these away;
your sins have deprived you of good. — Jeremiah 5:7-9, 21-25

“I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear:Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.” Luke 12:1-5

I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more ... yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:15-16

And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them. -- Leviticus 20:23

I will ... cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, andmy soul shall abhor you. -- Leviticus 26:30

And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them ... for they are ... children in whom is no faith. -- Deuteronomy 32:19-20

The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. -- Psalm 5:5

The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth. -- Psalm 11:5

czgibson
08-23-2016, 10:58 PM
Greetings,

The Concept of "Hate the sin but not the sinner" is contrary to the Old Testament
Yes. This is an absolutely obvious statement.

What are you trying to achieve with all this?

Peace

Eric H
08-24-2016, 04:27 AM

The Concept of "Hate the sin but not the sinner" is contrary to the Old Testament:

Is this another example of cherry picking, you make a statement, then find a number of verses to confirm that the above statement is correct. I could say that God loves us, and cherry pick a load of verses to back that statement up, but if we are to truthfully seek God, we have to search for a deeper meaning. The 99 names of Allah is a good place to start.

If I had to cherry pick from the Bible, I would single out the greatest commandments; we can do nothing greater than love God, and love all our neighbours as we love ourselves. All the law and the prophets of God hang and depend on these commandments. Jesus gave us the parable of the Good Samaritan to explain these commandments. It seems that Jesus gave that parable against his chosen people, the priest and the Levite were the bad guys, and the despised Samaritan was the good guy.

We are both stuck with 'One God', the same God hears all our prayers. I just accept that God has chosen so many wonderful people to be Muslims, who am I to question God. Did the same God make a mistake when he chose you to be a a Muslim, and me a Christian?

In the spirit of searching for 'One God'

Eric

jabeady
08-24-2016, 12:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
I just accept that God has chosen so many wonderful people to be Muslims, who am I to question God. Did the same God make a mistake when he chose you to be a a Muslim, and me a Christian?
And me an atheist?

Serinity
08-24-2016, 01:39 PM
you can not blame God for your own state, everyone will be accountable for their ownselves. God never makes mistake. Allah promised us Truth, and He :swt: won't disappoint us, but if we turn away, then we should look at the mirror.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.