/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where's the motivation?

noraina
08-23-2016, 03:32 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

I strongly believe everyone has a talent, a gift given to them by Allah swt to benefit there own selves and the ummah, as well as the world in general. These days I find particularly among the youth there seems to be a lack of motivation to do....anything. I know sometimes I'm gripped by uncertaintly about the future, but I also know I have a strong motivation to do something which is true to myself while also pleasing Allah swt.

For example, my cousins and some friends of mine, when asked about the future, they come out with 'doctor, lawyer, engineer, something to earn money with'. There's nothing wrong with that, but on its own it just seems so listless, and that is their *only* goal. There's no long-term aspirations or higher goals beyond themselves. I don't know if it is just me, but they come across as people already exhausted of life and its opportunities before they're even 20.

It just struck me. There are some young people I know who are doing a lot for themselves and the community, but it seems to be painfully few. Beyond my own social circle, but to the wider Muslim community, there's seems to be this kind of barrier cutting the youth off from wider concerns. I don't know if it's a lack of engagement from elders in the community or just that maybe teenagers these days aren't bothered anymore, but it struck me as sad and an awful waste.

I know this is discussed time and time again. As a teenager myself, I feel like there is sometimes this huge generation or culture gap, or a lack of understanding. Even among the more 'religious' young people, there are still really solid barriers preventing full on engagement....sometimes it frustrates me when we have the teachings of such a beautiful religion which encourages us to reach the greatest of heights and we are failing to use them, kinda like sitting on a huge pot of gold and then complaining of poverty.

Okay, rant over. Allah swt knows best.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amelie Smith
08-23-2016, 04:50 PM
Everyone must set his/her goals for future.But it is not important that you gain everything in your life. You have to switch through your ideas on different times.So to get stick to your goal and achieve it, study motivational stuff and stories of leaders who changed the fate of their nations.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.