/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

زهراء
08-24-2016, 07:23 PM
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

I seem to be getting very confused when translating into Arabic. The urdu is confusing too.

"This fish is delicious.
( اس ميں کوئ ناپسنديده بو نہيں ہے)

هاذا السمك لذيذ، ليس فيه شيئا مكروها كثيرا[emoji85]
Does that make any sense?
[emoji17]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
08-24-2016, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by زهراء
"This fish is delicious.
Is this the Urdu sis? My Urdu is a little weak but I don't think that says 'This fish is delicious'.

aaj
08-24-2016, 09:07 PM
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

I seem to be getting very confused when translating into Arabic. The urdu is confusing too.

"This fish is delicious.

[emoji17]
wa'alaikum as'salaam wr wb

I think you have the urdu/english translation wrong?

the urdu sounds like : 'is mein koi napasandeda bho nahi hai' aka there is no unpleasant smell in it

Umm Malik
08-24-2016, 09:41 PM
Can you write in English if you can ??
Because I don't understand urdu
I translated it in Google and it said ( لا توجد فيه رائحة غير مرغوب فيها )

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
زهراء
08-25-2016, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
wa'alaikum as'salaam wr wb

I think you have the urdu/english translation wrong?

the urdu sounds like : 'is mein koi napasandeda bho nahi hai' aka there is no unpleasant smell in it
No. I wrote them like that. Sentence 1 in English which I already translated and sentence 2 which I didn't know what the meaning is. So I wrote the Urdu. Reason being, you need the 1st sentence to translate the 2nd correctly.

I actually thought that ناپسنديده had something to do with 'پسند' ! Now it makes sense!

جزاكم الله خيرا

naveedsubhani
08-25-2016, 12:37 PM
This is very tasty fish.

aaj
08-25-2016, 01:46 PM
No. I wrote them like that. Sentence 1 in English which I already translated and sentence 2 which I didn't know what the meaning is. So I wrote the Urdu. Reason being, you need the 1st sentence to translate the 2nd correctly.

I actually thought that ناپسنديده had something to do with 'پسند' ! Now it makes sense!

جزاكم الله خيرا
That word 'bho' is a punjabi word, it should have been bhadhbhoo...

زهراء
08-25-2016, 01:54 PM
That word 'bho' is a punjabi word, it should have been bhadhbhoo...
What does it mean? Is it not Farsi?

aaj
08-25-2016, 02:35 PM
What does it mean? Is it not Farsi?
they both mean smell/ odor. It's not farsi.

What's your background?

زهراء
08-25-2016, 02:39 PM
Background? I'm English speaking.. I learn Arabic through a medium of Urdu whilst I know very little of both!

aaj
08-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Background? I'm English speaking.. I learn Arabic through a medium of Urdu whilst I know very little of both!
hmm ok that explains that. The urdu was fine except for that one word, which seemed like a punjabi word in an urdu sentence. :)

زهراء
08-25-2016, 03:40 PM
hmm ok that explains that. The urdu was fine except for that one word, which seemed like a punjabi word in an urdu sentence. :)
[emoji4] I didn't write it though.. An Ustaadh of mine had written it for us so that we translate it into Arabic

aaj
08-25-2016, 03:48 PM
[emoji4] I didn't write it though.. An Ustaadh of mine had written it for us so that we translate it into Arabic
maybe it was just a typo then or the ustaad himself is of punjabi background :)

Then again, bhoo is an urdu word too. I guess it's all in the pronunciation of it.

زهراء
08-25-2016, 03:50 PM
maybe it was just a typo then :)
I'm not sure.. I do know that Urdu steals a lot from Farsi and 'high' urdu uses Arabic words lol

زهراء
08-25-2016, 03:53 PM
maybe it was just a typo then or the ustaad himself is of punjabi background :)

Then again, bhoo is an urdu word too. I guess it's all in the pronunciation of it.
His mother tongue is Gujrati but then he is a graduate of Deoband so he learned Urdu and mastered Arabic there.

aaj
08-25-2016, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure.. I do know that Urdu steals a lot from Farsi and 'high' urdu uses Arabic words lol
urdu is known as 'language of the camp', in that it borrows from several languages so you will find similarities in them.

زهراء
08-25-2016, 04:32 PM
urdu is known as 'language of the camp', in that it borrows from several languages so you will find similarities in them.
The army language[emoji13]

aaj
08-25-2016, 04:43 PM
The army language[emoji13]
In a land (india) where many languages are spoken, there needs to be one common language.

Some interesting facts:

Urdu and Hindi share an Indo-Aryan base, but Urdu is associated with the Nastaliq script style of Persian calligraphy and reads right-to-left, whereas Hindi resembles Sanskrit and reads left-to-right. The earliest linguistic influences in the development of Urdu probably began with the Muslim conquest of Sindh in 711. The language started evolving from Farsi and Arabic contacts during the invasions of the Indian subcontinent by Persian and Turkic forces from the 11th century onward. Urdu developed more decisively during the Delhi Sultanate (1206–1526) and the Mughal Empire (1526–1858). - https://www.wdl.org/en/item/9700/

With the advent of the British Raj, Persian was no longer the language of administration but Hindustani, still written in the Persian script, continued to be used by both Hindus and Muslims.[citation needed] The name Urdu was first used by the poet Ghulam Hamadani Mushafi around 1780. The name Urdu was first used by the poet Ghulam Hamadani Mushafi around 1780.From the 13th century until the end of the 18th century Urdu was commonly known as Hindi.The communal nature of the language lasted until it replaced Persian as the official language in 1837 and was made co-official, along with English. Urdu was promoted in British India by British policies to counter the previous emphasis on Persian. - wiki

Insaanah
08-25-2016, 04:56 PM
I learn Arabic through a medium of Urdu whilst I know very little of both!
I do know that Urdu steals a lot from Farsi and 'high' urdu uses Arabic words
:salam:

If it is of any help, this threads lists lots of common words between them both: http://www.islamicboard.com/urdu/134...ds-common.html

زهراء
08-25-2016, 05:20 PM
جزاكم الله خيرا
I will have a look at it [emoji8]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!