/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I unfriend a namahram girl? Can guys and girls be friends?

Mustafa16
08-25-2016, 12:09 AM
I'm friends with a girl at my school, I'm 17, and she's 15......I heard that befriending namahrams is haram, but I'm not sure, because my dad has said before (but I'm not sure if he still feels the same way) that it can be done if dating is avoided....and due to a misunderstanding, I thought my parents were forbidding me from befriending namahrams, so I texted the girl, and when I told my mom she got mad and said I was being rude and making the religion look bad for saying it was for religious reasons.....I don't know how to unfriend her, as it would be very awkward, because I just told her by text and social media that it was a misunderstanding and I want to be friends again.....what should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-25-2016, 12:10 AM
Not permissible for Ghayr Mahaareem to be friends. If you want to be friends with her, you can marry her. Otherwise not.

Wallaahu A`lam.

Serinity
08-25-2016, 02:46 AM
:salam:

hmm. Just unfriend her. Say I didn't know befriending girls was haram, and u are ok. Obey The Creator above Creation.

cooterhein
08-25-2016, 03:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
I'm friends with a girl at my school, I'm 17, and she's 15......I heard that befriending namahrams is haram, but I'm not sure, because my dad has said before (but I'm not sure if he still feels the same way) that it can be done if dating is avoided....and due to a misunderstanding, I thought my parents were forbidding me from befriending namahrams, so I texted the girl, and when I told my mom she got mad and said I was being rude and making the religion look bad for saying it was for religious reasons.....I don't know how to unfriend her, as it would be very awkward, because I just told her by text and social media that it was a misunderstanding and I want to be friends again.....what should I do?
At the age of 17, and assuming you have a good working relationship with your parents (which it looks like you do), you should ask them for specific guidance while ensuring that everyone involved is well informed as far as religious teaching. It may also be a good idea to explore this in a religious setting as well, but try to make a point of having your parents there too and not just you. Maybe you can work something out for Friday, if you go that route.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuhammadIbrahim
08-25-2016, 05:24 AM
Peace be with you, sisters and brothers!
There is nothing called boy-girl friendship in Islam. I swear I used to addict chatting with girls and women from all over the world, and discovered that I shouldn't have started that. Thanks to God! I've stopped that recently. Never, ever talk to a woman or girl unless there is a necessity.

Serinity
08-25-2016, 07:19 AM
Yeah. I have many occassions where I talked to girls for an extended time, and they WILL develop some kind of feelings for you if you become good friends-or good communcators. And then you have to cut it off and sharpen the blade and cut their heart. :) So don't become good friends with girls, not out hatred, but because feelings will start to surface.

you are doing a disfavour, by befriending a woman, and doing her a favor by not befriending her.

Children are innocent right? but they are good subjects to test psychology with. you can not become overly friendly.

If children fall for it, then we too can. :)

Abz2000
08-25-2016, 08:09 AM
If you see a possible future together and your parents can afford to and are willing to pay, get them to propose marriage to her parents, it appears that you've begun to face the fitnah of the other half and it's best to marry as early as possible.
Bear in mind that you might have to start supporting her yourself.

naveedsubhani
08-25-2016, 12:46 PM
It is a very steel question

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.