/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question on drugs

umaidshahid
08-25-2016, 05:02 AM
Aoa, brothers and sisters. i have a serious question. it is a fact which i know well that prayer is invalidated for 40 days after taking any kind of intoxicant, or substance which messes up your senses. but the situation is that i was given drugs by force. 2 friends of mine 1 day ago took me outside to eat and after that gave me drugs. they are waay too much powerful and healthier than me and held my arms,legs and forced me to smoke hashish. i by my full imaan, declare that i had no niyat to do haraam nor did i have any niyat to avail pleasure from the drugs. i hate these things myself and am devoted to prayer. i am really worried. i did not experience anything after smoking. before they made me do this, i prayed to Allah Almighty to keep me away from it. i guess the effects were waven off by Allah SWT. Anyways, the question is that, does it still void my prayer as niyat was none for pleasure and smoking as described above

i would be extremely obliged for help
Thanks in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
08-25-2016, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the forum..

As far as I know, Allah rewards you based on intention. It was not your intention.. but that is as far as I dare say as the right to judge belongs to Him exclusively.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Abz2000
08-25-2016, 10:01 AM
Here are three points all of which apply:

1. Your friends commited a serious crime for which they must apologize and reimburse you until you are satisfied or upto what a shariah judge limits. They must be punished if they do not repent.
Get a truthful sincere islamic jurist to look at the case, if unable, do what is within your means seeking Allah's pleasure and in Allah's obedience and and complain to Allah
2. You seriously need to reconsider your friendship with them and leave them if you are unable to get them to walk aright in Allah's sight.
3. حُرِّمَتْ عَلَيْكُمُ الْمَيْتَةُ وَالْدَّمُ وَلَحْمُ الْخِنْزِيرِ وَمَا أُهِلَّ لِغَيْرِ اللّهِ بِهِ وَالْمُنْخَنِقَةُ وَالْمَوْقُوذَةُ وَالْمُتَرَدِّيَةُ وَالنَّطِيحَةُ وَمَا أَكَلَ السَّبُعُ إِلاَّ مَا ذَكَّيْتُمْ وَمَا ذُبِحَ عَلَى النُّصُبِ وَأَن تَسْتَقْسِمُواْ بِالأَزْلاَمِ ذَلِكُمْ فِسْقٌ الْيَوْمَ يَئِسَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ مِن دِينِكُمْ فَلاَ تَخْشَوْهُمْ وَاخْشَوْنِ الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الإِسْلاَمَ دِينًا فَمَنِ اضْطُرَّ فِي مَخْمَصَةٍ غَيْرَ مُتَجَانِفٍ لِّإِثْمٍ فَإِنَّ اللّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ {

3*005:003*Khan:
Forbidden to you (for food) are: Al-Maytatah (the dead animals - cattle-beast not slaughtered), blood, the flesh of swine, and the meat of that which has been slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allah, or has been slaughtered for idols, etc., or on which Allah's Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering, and that which has been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by the goring of horns - and that which has been (partly) eaten by a wild animal - unless you are able to slaughter it (before its death) - and that which is sacrificed (slaughtered) on An-Nusub (stone altars). (Forbidden) also is to use arrows seeking luck or decision, (all) that is Fisqun (disobedience of Allah and sin). This day, those who disbelieved have given up all hope of your religion, so fear them not, but fear Me. This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But as for him who is forced by severe hunger, with no inclination to sin then surely, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

I.e Allah is forgiving and merciful to the one who is forced and has no inclination to sin. But it is strictly forbidden to force someone to commit evil and they are deserving of Allah's wrath in absence of sincere repentance and Allah's forgiveness.

وَلْيَسْتَعْفِفِ الَّذِينَ لَا يَجِدُونَ نِكَاحًا حَتَّى يُغْنِيَهُمْ اللَّهُ مِن فَضْلِهِ وَالَّذِينَ يَبْتَغُونَ الْكِتَابَ مِمَّا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ فَكَاتِبُوهُمْ إِنْ عَلِمْتُمْ فِيهِمْ خَيْرًا وَآتُوهُم مِّن مَّالِ اللَّهِ الَّذِي آتَاكُمْ وَلَا تُكْرِهُوا فَتَيَاتِكُمْ عَلَى الْبِغَاء إِنْ أَرَدْنَ تَحَصُّنًا لِّتَبْتَغُوا عَرَضَ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَمَن يُكْرِههُّنَّ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ مِن بَعْدِ إِكْرَاهِهِنَّ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ {

33*024:033*Khan:
And let those who find not the financial means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah enriches them of His Bounty. And such of your slaves as seek a writing (of emancipation), give them such writing, if you know that they are good and trustworthy. And give them something yourselves out of the wealth of Allah which He has bestowed upon you. And force not your maids to prostitution, if they desire chastity, in order that you may make a gain in the (perishable) goods of this worldly life. But if anyone compels them (to prostitution), then after such compulsion, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to those women, i.e. He will forgive them because they have been forced to do this evil action unwillingly).

Refusing to submit to Allah in Islam and refusing to call upon Allah for the removal of ills after exerting one's best reasonable effort within halaal means leaves no excuse or right to claim the feeling of compulsion to commit a haraam act.
After all that, ask someone more knowledgable, and know that Allah sees your actions and sifts and reads your innermost intentions beyond what anyone else is capable of.

umaidshahid
08-25-2016, 10:32 AM
thank you so much greenhill for your kind reply. i confirmed somewhere else also that it all matters on intention.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
umaidshahid
08-25-2016, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Here are three points all of which apply:

1. Your friends commited a serious crime for which they must apologize and reimburse you until you are satisfied or upto what a shariah judge limits. They must be punished if they do not repent.
Get a truthful sincere islamic jurist to look at the case, if unable, do what is within your means seeking Allah's pleasure and in Allah's obedience and and complain to Allah
2. You seriously need to reconsider your friendship with them and leave them if you are unable to get them to walk aright in Allah's sight.
3. حُرِّمَتْ عَلَيْكُمُ الْمَيْتَةُ وَالْدَّمُ وَلَحْمُ الْخِنْزِيرِ وَمَا أُهِلَّ لِغَيْرِ اللّهِ بِهِ وَالْمُنْخَنِقَةُ وَالْمَوْقُوذَةُ وَالْمُتَرَدِّيَةُ وَالنَّطِيحَةُ وَمَا أَكَلَ السَّبُعُ إِلاَّ مَا ذَكَّيْتُمْ وَمَا ذُبِحَ عَلَى النُّصُبِ وَأَن تَسْتَقْسِمُواْ بِالأَزْلاَمِ ذَلِكُمْ فِسْقٌ الْيَوْمَ يَئِسَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ مِن دِينِكُمْ فَلاَ تَخْشَوْهُمْ وَاخْشَوْنِ الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الإِسْلاَمَ دِينًا فَمَنِ اضْطُرَّ فِي مَخْمَصَةٍ غَيْرَ مُتَجَانِفٍ لِّإِثْمٍ فَإِنَّ اللّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ {

3*005:003*Khan:
Forbidden to you (for food) are: Al-Maytatah (the dead animals - cattle-beast not slaughtered), blood, the flesh of swine, and the meat of that which has been slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allah, or has been slaughtered for idols, etc., or on which Allah's Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering, and that which has been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by the goring of horns - and that which has been (partly) eaten by a wild animal - unless you are able to slaughter it (before its death) - and that which is sacrificed (slaughtered) on An-Nusub (stone altars). (Forbidden) also is to use arrows seeking luck or decision, (all) that is Fisqun (disobedience of Allah and sin). This day, those who disbelieved have given up all hope of your religion, so fear them not, but fear Me. This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But as for him who is forced by severe hunger, with no inclination to sin then surely, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

I.e Allah is forgiving and merciful to the one who is forced and has no inclination to sin. But it is strictly forbidden to force someone to commit evil and they are deserving of Allah's wrath in absence of sincere repentance and Allah's forgiveness.

وَلْيَسْتَعْفِفِ الَّذِينَ لَا يَجِدُونَ نِكَاحًا حَتَّى يُغْنِيَهُمْ اللَّهُ مِن فَضْلِهِ وَالَّذِينَ يَبْتَغُونَ الْكِتَابَ مِمَّا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ فَكَاتِبُوهُمْ إِنْ عَلِمْتُمْ فِيهِمْ خَيْرًا وَآتُوهُم مِّن مَّالِ اللَّهِ الَّذِي آتَاكُمْ وَلَا تُكْرِهُوا فَتَيَاتِكُمْ عَلَى الْبِغَاء إِنْ أَرَدْنَ تَحَصُّنًا لِّتَبْتَغُوا عَرَضَ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَمَن يُكْرِههُّنَّ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ مِن بَعْدِ إِكْرَاهِهِنَّ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ {

33*024:033*Khan:
And let those who find not the financial means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah enriches them of His Bounty. And such of your slaves as seek a writing (of emancipation), give them such writing, if you know that they are good and trustworthy. And give them something yourselves out of the wealth of Allah which He has bestowed upon you. And force not your maids to prostitution, if they desire chastity, in order that you may make a gain in the (perishable) goods of this worldly life. But if anyone compels them (to prostitution), then after such compulsion, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to those women, i.e. He will forgive them because they have been forced to do this evil action unwillingly).

Refusing to submit to Allah in Islam and refusing to call upon Allah for the removal of ills after exerting one's best reasonable effort within halaal means leaves no excuse or right to claim the feeling of compulsion to commit a haraam act.
After all that, ask someone more knowledgable, and know that Allah sees your actions and sifts and reads your innermost intentions beyond what anyone else is capable of.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for your attention. i did not understand the last paragraph. also is it necessary to consult an islamic jurist?

according to the references you have posted above, it can be understood that it all matters on intention i guess and as i have mentioned above i had no intention and i was forced into it very harshly.

Abz2000
08-25-2016, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umaidshahid
THANK YOU SO MUCH for your attention. i did not understand the last paragraph. also is it necessary to consult an islamic jurist?

according to the references you have posted above, it can be understood that it all matters on intention i guess and as i have mentioned above i had no intention and i was forced into it very harshly.
Submission to Allah, repentance to Allah, and sincerely seeking and trying to obey Allah in truth and sincerity is required for forgiveness.

Also keep thie following in mind when thinking about intention:

8.*Of the people there are some who say: "We believe in Allah and the Last Day;" but they do not (really) believe.

9.*Fain would they deceive Allah and those who believe, but they only deceive themselves, and realise (it) not!

10.*In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease: And grievous is the penalty they (incur), because they are false (to themselves).
11.*When it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "Why, we only Want to make peace!"
12.*Of a surety, they are the ones who make mischief, but they realise (it) not.
13.*When it is said to them: "Believe as the others believe:" They say: "Shall we believe as the fools believe?" Nay, of a surety they are the fools, but they do not know.
14.*When they meet those who believe, they say: "We believe;" but when they are alone with their evil ones, they say: "We are really with you: We (were) only jesting."
15.*Allah will throw back their mockery on them, and give them rope in their trespasses; so they will wander like blind ones (To and fro).
16.*These are they who have bartered Guidance for error: But their traffic is profitless, and they have lost true direction,
17.*Their similitude is that of a man who kindled a fire; when it lighted all around him, Allah took away their light and left them in utter darkness. So they could not see.
18.*Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path).
19.*Or (another similitude) is that of a rain-laden cloud from the sky: In it are zones of darkness, and thunder and lightning: They press their fingers in their ears to keep out the stunning thunder-clap, the while they are in terror of death. But Allah is ever round the rejecters of Faith!
20.*The lightning all but snatches away their sight; every time the light (Helps) them, they walk therein, and when the darkness grows on them, they stand still. And if Allah willed, He could take away their faculty of hearing and seeing; for Allah hath power over all things.
21.*O ye people! Adore your Guardian-Lord, who created you and those who came before you, that ye may have the chance to learn righteousness;
22.*Who has made the earth your couch, and the heavens your canopy; and sent down rain from the heavens; and brought forth therewith Fruits for your sustenance; then set not up rivals unto Allah when ye know (the truth).

From Quran Surah Al Baqarah, The Cow, Chapter 2

M.I.A.
08-25-2016, 12:05 PM
10/10 made me reply.

I also am in predicament, I am a salesman and have to constantly flirt with female potential customers.. to boost revenue..

I know it's wrong but I have to go above and beyond the call of duty to please the number crunchers.. as if my very life depended upon it.

.. also can't move from the spot.

o_0

honestly you shouldn't be able to kid yourself.

the 40 days thing is debateable, I'm not the one to debate it.

enjoy your life.

Maybe you should fast for 40 days.

Scimitar
08-25-2016, 12:21 PM

M.I.A.
08-25-2016, 12:30 PM
we are only ever caretakers of the things we are given.

the more you manage the more responsible you have to be..

the greater the burden of sin.

dammit what's with the post editing lol!

now mine makes no sense!!!

:|

naveedsubhani
08-25-2016, 12:54 PM
Drugs are totally ban in Ialam

aaj
08-25-2016, 02:03 PM
Smoking is not alcohol, it does not intoxicate you. Inshallah your prayer is still valid. You should find better friends.

One of these ahaadeeth was narrated by Ibn Maajah (3377) from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever drinks alcohol and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days and if he dies he will go to Hell. But if he repents, Allaah will accept his repentance. If he again drinks alcohol and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days and if he dies he will go to Hell. But if he repents, Allaah will accept his repentance. If he again drinks alcohol and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days and if he dies he will go to Hell. But if he repents, Allaah will accept his repentance. If he commits (this sin) again, then Allaah pledges to make him drink the mud of khabaal on the Day of Resurrection.” They asked, “O Messenger of Allaah, what is the mud of khabaal?” He said, “The juices of the people of Hell.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

The fact that his prayers are not accepted does not mean that they are not valid, or that he should give up praying, rather it means that he will not be rewarded for them.

So the benefit of praying will be that he will have discharged his duty and will not be punished for not doing it.

M.I.A.
08-25-2016, 02:43 PM
OP should add..

but I did not inhale at the end of his post.

...alas comedy does not buy Bentley's or make car payments.

Snow
08-27-2016, 09:56 AM
Sorry for laughing but why did they force you to smoke hashish?
I just don't see their side of gaining anything with that action.

sister herb
08-27-2016, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
Sorry for laughing but why did they force you to smoke hashish?
I just don't see their side of gaining anything with that action.
Maybe a "friendly" prank from them? Better to avoid a company of kind of people.

kritikvernunft
08-27-2016, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umaidshahid
2 friends of mine 1 day ago took me outside to eat and after that gave me drugs.
Your choice of friends is 100% your own responsibility. Hence, you are still guilty, and cannot claim exemption from punishment, solely on those grounds. Therefore, this still goes straight to the bottom line, showing the balance of your bad deeds.

Serinity
08-27-2016, 01:15 PM
:salam:

Cut ties with those bad guys. Assuming from what I read "I asked Allah to protect me from taking those drugs" makes me think you KNEW these guys take drugs, you KNEW there was a risk of you beng coerced.

They are not your friends if they want bad for you. I.e. drugs.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.