/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Having a tough time.

NewMan2016
08-25-2016, 06:07 AM
Hello my brothers and sisters,
First of all. Thank you for reading my post. I am a recent convert and have been learning as much as i can as fast as i can. I have found a little piece because of Islam and I look forward to the future in regards to my religion. But...Here is my issue. I am 33 years old and I am from the west. I know that a bunch of us are not very nice and a many of us don't understand the world, i apologize for the mistakes of my fellow man. I am here to meet more Muslims that can help me find my way.

And my story...

So I did what some people do. I went in the armed services to get some money for school. I didn't have to do anything bad so it was all ok. My real issues came when i got out. I decided that the only way I was going be able to survive was to go to school and learn as much as I could in a field I was already in. So , thats what i did. I went to school, spent all my time studying and financed so much that it is hurting me today. I know, its my fault. But I really didnt know what i was getting into. They didn't explain it. So now. 7 years after graduation. I work my ass off and have to pay the feds 1k usd + every month not to mention what it takes for me to live.

I am at my last straw. I feel helpless. No matter how hard I work I get screwed over and over again. I just want to end it but I know this is wrong.

I look forward to your guidance. Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
naveedsubhani
08-25-2016, 12:43 PM
God bless us in every matter of life.

aaj
08-25-2016, 02:32 PM
If you cannot afford to make payments on your education loans then you can ask for a forbearance or relief due to hardship. Another option is to re-consolidate your loans and go with another option, such as income based payments. If assuming by west you mean USA then check out this link inshallah:

http://www.cicmoney101.org/Articles/...-Hardship.aspx

There are several options that are available to you when you cannot make the payments on your student loans. These options include:

Delaying payments on your loans through forbearance or deferment programs,
Getting your loan canceled and eliminating all payments,
Discharging your loan through bankruptcy proceedings,
Getting on a income-sensitive or income-based repayment schedule, or
Consolidating your loans into one loan

more on that here: http://bankruptcy.findlaw.com/debt-r...ent-loans.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.