/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Atheism is a mental illness

SSHorror
08-25-2016, 07:58 PM
Atheism leads to mental illness (and possibly is a mental illness) we can deduce this from all the atheists online who have such irrational hatred towards religious people. Their behavior online gives us an insight into their mental health and it clearly isn't healthy, we can deduce this with the emotional rants and hateful things they spew about any who do not share their views. They also hold some irrational and schizophrenic beliefs i.e "all Christians are out to get us!!" and "all Christians oppose science!"

Their Christophobia and Islamophobia run deeps, it is obvious with all the anti-religious messages they post about these people. Finally, studies have revealed that atheists abuse drugs more than religious people, suffer from more depression, are more likely to commit suicide, have anxiety issues and higher aggression levels.

(Studies:

Science Daily: Believers consume fewer drugs than atheists https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1003093041.htm

The American Journal of Psychiatry: Religious Affiliation and Suicide Attempt http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/...jp.161.12.2303 )

The evidence tells us that atheism is either a mental disorder or that the behaviour of many atheists often leads to mental illness.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aaqib
08-25-2016, 08:00 PM
Hey, can you stop with these messages? This is not going to help you or this community. You've been warned, I think, for these types of acts in the past.

Not all athiests hate religion btw

Reminder
08-25-2016, 09:04 PM
I don't get why brother above is opposed to the thread... it is true.

Serinity
08-25-2016, 09:08 PM
I am always dazzled at how atheists deny God, and how they cant see the perfect chemistry in creation. I can almost call it self-denial, or complete ignorance.

I guess they are immersed in soo much confusion they do not know truth from falsehood in regards to religion.

Allahu alam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Search
08-25-2016, 09:45 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Lol. Well, I was an atheist for a long time before my heart submitted to Islam. And I never saw my "atheism" as a mental illness.

That said, I think your post is satirical.

I was never, however, Richard Dawkins-type atheist. What you'll usually find is that atheists don't hate "religions" so much as the so-called "religious" (or more like self-righteous) "hypocrites" that follow religion as tools and then justify their bigotry and hatred and malice from a holy book. For atheists, there is no unifying book like the Bible or Quran or Tanakh which they follow - so, you'll find atheists who are kind and atheists who are hateful.

About the only thing with which I agree in your post is that atheists probably have higher depression levels and suicide rates than theists; and for that, I truly believe the reason is a lack of individual attention towards some kind of spirituality, which atheists who might practice meditation, for example, probably will not experience.

As for the comment about their anti-religious messages on the Internet, I find from my own experience that there are more theist trolls on the Internet than atheist trolls; and of course, this is just an anecdotal experience, but I'm sharing this perception because you have shared your opinion also.

Now, and here's the part that I really want people to know, since atheists are of different type - they might not necessarily even be rejecting God because they don't believe there is a God to reject. In some cases, however, of course, if they have studied a religion or were brought up in a religious household, they might also be specifically rejecting a particular religion and that God. However, that depends on their background.

Well, of course, if any person (theist or atheist) is taking drugs, they might develop mental health issues; and then I don't think it is an issue of "the behavior of many atheists often leads to mental illness."

Also, I don't know why theists dislike atheists so much; for one thing, atheists are more likely to protect the religious right (in theory and practice) of a person than another theist. For example, I was watching the Big Question that's hosted in U.K. on YouTube and this woman was talking about human rights and then as a Christian about how she does not like the Muslim woman wearing niqab, and guess who stood up for her right as a Muslim woman to do so as part of freedom of expression? An atheist.

Generally, I have found that the more "fundamnetalist" a Christian or a Muslim or a Hindu becomes, the less tolerant and less of a decent human being they remain. Ironical, actually. And thereby justifying atheists' criticism of both theism and theists. (Basically, and generally, to be honest, theists are their own worst PR reps.)

format_quote Originally Posted by SSHorror
Atheism leads to mental illness (and possibly is a mental illness) we can deduce this from all the atheists online who have such irrational hatred towards religious people. Their behavior online gives us an insight into their mental health and it clearly isn't healthy, we can deduce this with the emotional rants and hateful things they spew about any who do not share their views. They also hold some irrational and schizophrenic beliefs i.e "all Christians are out to get us!!" and "all Christians oppose science!"

Their Christophobia and Islamophobia run deeps, it is obvious with all the anti-religious messages they post about these people. Finally, studies have revealed that atheists abuse drugs more than religious people, suffer from more depression, are more likely to commit suicide, have anxiety issues and higher aggression levels.

(Studies:

Science Daily: Believers consume fewer drugs than atheists https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1003093041.htm

The American Journal of Psychiatry: Religious Affiliation and Suicide Attempt http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/...jp.161.12.2303 )

The evidence tells us that atheism is either a mental disorder or that the behaviour of many atheists often leads to mental illness.

czgibson
08-25-2016, 10:27 PM
Greetings,

Atheism leads to mental illness (and possibly is a mental illness) we can deduce this from all the atheists online who have such irrational hatred towards religious people. Their behavior online gives us an insight into their mental health and it clearly isn't healthy, we can deduce this with the emotional rants and hateful things they spew about any who do not share their views.
Are you a healthcare professional? If you are, what is your advice for a convinced atheist like me?

They also hold some irrational and schizophrenic beliefs i.e "all Christians are out to get us!!" and "all Christians oppose science!"
Obviously not all atheists hold these views. Some Christians are scientists too, of course, so it would be silly to claim that all Christians oppose science.

What is it about these points of view you've just made up that leads you to describe them as schizophrenic?

Finally, studies have revealed that atheists abuse drugs more than religious people, suffer from more depression, are more likely to commit suicide, have anxiety issues and higher aggression levels.
Studies also show that atheists are less likely to carry out suicide bombings or to mutilate the genitals of children. What should we conclude from all this?

I think you should contribute a paper to a journal of psychiatry about this discovery you have made. You're clearly some sort of expert, so I expect your findings will revolutionise the world of mental healthcare.

Peace

jabeady
08-25-2016, 10:54 PM
I feel so misunderstood. Sob.

Aaqib
08-25-2016, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Reminder
I don't get why brother above is opposed to the thread... it is true.
I'm saying this because whe can't be bashing athiests all whilly-nilly.

Just like our prophet said... don't chase people away from Islam, don't make fun of non muslims.

I'm also confused at how athiests deny the existence of God, I find the idea quite perplexing. But, we should not make fun of them.

Search
08-25-2016, 11:27 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by jabeady
I feel so misunderstood. Sob.
That's because you haven't taken your meds prescribed for atheism. If you do, you might magically turn into a theist. ;) :D

Search
08-25-2016, 11:29 PM

@Pygoscelis (Where art thou?)

This thread awaits your input.

czgibson
08-25-2016, 11:33 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by Search
That's because you haven't taken your meds prescribed for atheism. If you do, you might magically turn into a theist. ;) :D
I've taken the medicine, but its pharmacological effects have not manifested yet. :D

Peace

jabeady
08-25-2016, 11:42 PM
No, I was a theist once already, but my therapist helped me recover.

Search
08-25-2016, 11:47 PM

No, I was a theist once already, but my therapist helped me recover.
Lol. My post #8 was a joke.

That said...

Must have been some therapist.

jabeady
08-25-2016, 11:54 PM

Lol. My post #8 was a joke.

That said...

Must have been some therapist.
Yes. She was.

Search
08-26-2016, 12:11 AM

Yes. She was.
On a more serious note, atheism is not any more a mental illness than theism. And no one can force themselves to believe anything. I remember when I was an atheist, I couldn't turn myself magically into a theist. And to my knowledge, there is no med for atheism prescribed by doctors.

There's this false perception that atheists, if they tried hard enough, could believe in the precepts of theism. But the thing is that the people who believe do so out of their personal conviction, and there's no trying hard enough to do anything, because it is natural and organic and simply exists. In the reverse, unbelief also works in the same way.

I think the best advice I can give theists wishing to talk to atheists is to be respectful. At the end of the day, that respect will at least get the conversation started.

Search
08-26-2016, 12:24 AM

Time for new meds? Stronger dosage? Weaker dosage?

New check-up?

Or new doctor?

Oy-ye-vey! :D

Mr. czgibson, take heart. There's hope for you yet! ;)

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I've taken the medicine, but its pharmacological effects have not manifested yet. :D

Peace

jabeady
08-26-2016, 12:49 AM

On a more serious note, atheism is not any more a mental illness than theism. And no one can force themselves to believe anything. I remember when I was an atheist, I couldn't turn myself magically into a theist. And to my knowledge, there is no med for atheism prescribed by doctors.

There's this false perception that atheists, if they tried hard enough, could believe in the precepts of theism. But the thing is that the people who believe do so out of their personal conviction, and there's no trying hard enough to do anything, because it is natural and organic and simply exists. In the reverse, unbelief also works in the same way.

I think the best advice I can give theists wishing to talk to atheists is to be respectful. At the end of the day, that respect will at least get the conversation started.
On the same serious note, a year or so ago I began to explore my atheism by setting down in essay form what I think and why I think I think that way. It's grown to 5-1/2 pages and remains a work-in-progress.

jabeady
08-26-2016, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
I'm also confused at how athiests deny the existence of God, I find the idea quite perplexing. But, we should not make fun of them.
You could always ask one. That's kinda what I did when I wanted to find out more about Muslims.

kritikvernunft
08-26-2016, 01:00 AM
... Atheism leads to mental illness ...
Atheism was an important tool at some point in history. The Christian Church was deeply involved in keeping feudal society going, with its three classes: clergy, nobles, and commoners. Therefore, Christianity was widely seen as a tool to justify an obnoxious kind of inequality. Furthermore, the Church tried to grab control over the printing press to prevent the publication of anything critical of their support for the feudal caste system. The only way to make the revolution against feudal society succeed, was to thoroughly discredit religion. Karl Marx called it "opium for the people", a tool to make people accept evil, partial laws that made people fundamentally unequal. Preferring the idea that there was no God was therefore mostly arbitrary. In the end, this was not what it was all about. It was about the social elite's abuse of power.

Nowadays, it is the other way around. The very fact that the powers that be, i.e. the elite, attack Islam, attracts the revolutionaries to it. It is not hard at all to cast away atheism as a tool, because Islam has clearly become a much more useful tool than atheism.

Furthermore, Muslims in the Ottoman empire never saw Islam as a tool of oppression. During the Arab Revolt they used Islam to overthrow the Ottoman elite, because this elite had become oppressive, and also because this elite had started disavowing Islam, in order to better westernize. The fact that you cannot use Islam to justify a society consisting of nobles, clergy, and commoners, protects Islam from the criticism and revolutions that destroyed feudal Christian Europe.

There is criticism in the West that Islam oppresses women. However, it is also clear that the West no longer really reproduces from generation to generation. Nobody is willing to take lessons about reproduction or the social status of women, from people who are clearly busy dying out like dinosaurs ...

Abz2000
08-26-2016, 01:34 AM
When one thinks about it carefully, atheism is a stage in coming to the truth - if it is due to the fact that the person got sick and tired of the irrationality and obvious non-truths in the blind ways of their ancestors.
The issue that appears however is that those who become blindly religious atheists turn out to be of the most dangerous, selfish, violent, and anarchist character with zero restraint other than what their whims or the people more powerful than themselves dictate, these are often ready to engage in any crime or animal pursuit for the sake of maximum self gratification.

We would do well to remember the difference between atheist leaders and common atheists, the common atheists are usually untethered from blind following of their ancestors and pride themselves in being open minded and logical and there is a chance of convincing them once the cobwebs are brushed aside.
The tool being used to prevent them from thinking is an old tool, "the enemy hates you, we love you" tool.
Them vs us with zero clear definition other than false idols such as "the west" or more refined and appealing terms such as "western civilization" "the national flag" "the king/queen" "freedom" "choice" despite there being no such rational defining character for any of the terms.

Atheists also hit rock bottom quicker, wisen up quicker and seek a solution quicker.

It is difficult to brush cobwebs aside for those who are tribally devoted to other non-Muslim ways of life due to their ability to set aside their logic and rationality when it comes to belief, which is not based on belief at all but obedience alone, they are usually stuck in the camp they happen to be in.

Useful to bear in mind, but also the fact that they need to be shown that they are not free, that powerful social conditioning via media designed by psychological conditioning experts and that news stories being designed by veteran ex-advertising gurus are being used to make them conform to standards made up by crooks and liars, and that the need to be liked and accepted in society composed of people in similar conditions keeps them from being too "unorthodox".

9/11 and the fear of the rolling of eyes despite the obvious facts is a good example of the situation. You'll notice that everyone knows, but most are afraid of being sidelined and dropped and therefore practice self censorship despite the projected illusion of freedom, rationality and scientific reasoning.

Anyways, the common atheists are untethered from ancestral dictates that would otherwise make them close up into a cocoon, it's just a case of convincing them of the fallacy of the false illusions staring them in the face in plain sight and showing them the truth, stability and benefits of Islam, if implemented and practiced properly.

A nice time since the usury based economy is about to spin out of control, then they'll wonder what the hell their leaders, economics professors and tv speculators were doing.

Reminder
08-26-2016, 01:59 AM
I'm saying this because whe can't be bashing athiests all whilly-nilly.

Just like our prophet said... don't chase people away from Islam, don't make fun of non muslims.

I just happen to agree Atheism is a mental illness. In my experience, it is darn near impossible to talk sense into Atheists. However, you are right... it is certainly not advisable to make fun of them just as we would not make fun of any other crazy person.

jabeady
08-26-2016, 02:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Useful to bear in mind, but also the fact that they need to be shown that they are not free, that powerful social conditioning via media designed by psychological conditioning experts and that news stories being designed by veteran ex-advertising gurus are being used to make them conform to standards made up by crooks and liars, and that the need to be liked and accepted in society composed of people in similar conditions keeps them from being too "unorthodox".
After reading this, I think I now understand Muslim women who complain about all the non-Muslims who want to liberate them.

kritikvernunft
08-26-2016, 02:21 AM
In my experience, it is darn near impossible to talk sense into Atheists.
In my impression, there is not even a need for that. They can't reproduce properly. To cut a long story short, it just won't happen. Their birth rate is abysmal. This means that there is no next generation to transmit their atheist ideas to.

They try to abuse the public school system in order to get their ideas into the heads of other people's children, but that is only one more reason of the so many already why you should never send you kids to a government-funded school. In fact, that is how atheism originally became big. Their parents weren't like that, but thanks to the public school system, the kids are.

But then again, there is no point in being religious, if you are going to send your kids to the public school system. You could as well not make any kids at all. If you trust the National State with your children, you are clearly a follower of that Satanic National State. In that case, you do agree to the misery that Satan intends to inflict onto you and your children. Since everybody agrees, and is happy with that deal, I am the last one to complain. I think that it is perfectly ok to hand over to Satan, the followers of Satan.

jabeady
08-26-2016, 02:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kritikvernunft
In my impression, there is not even a need for that. They can't reproduce properly. To cut a long story short, it just won't happen. Their birth rate is abysmal. This means that there is no next generation to transmit their atheist ideas to.
[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] !!!!!!!!!!!

Aaqib
08-26-2016, 02:28 AM
I just happen to agree Atheism is a mental illness. In my experience, it is darn near impossible to talk sense into Atheists. However, you are right... it is certainly not advisable to make fun of them just as we would not make fun of any other crazy person.
If athiesm was a mental illness, then athiests wouldn't be punished...
Some people need to stop calling people mentally illed knowing those certain people don't understand the logic behind it.

Aaqib
08-26-2016, 02:31 AM
What are you on about? ^o)^o)^o)

Search
08-26-2016, 03:18 AM

After reading this, I think I now understand Muslim women who complain about all the non-Muslims who want to liberate them.
It's actually more simple than that. For example, take this thread as an example. If someone here or elsewhere tells you you're an atheist because you're mentally ill or your atheism means you're mentally deficient, I think you'd want to pull your hair off at the roots out of frustration because you know what people are doing is projecting their own acquired ridiculous biases onto you. Do you like or even accept people telling you you don't know your own mind? Nope.

In that same way, I as a Muslim woman 100% know my mind and feel frustrated when I am told that I don't know my mind and am "not liberated." I mean, come on! I am a product of Western culture. I was raised in a secularized household. I went to the best law school in my state, and yes, one of the top 50 in all of the United States, and was one of the best students graduating with distinction in my high school from a magnet program and graduated a private liberal arts college with magna cum laude. I have been a liberal in political orientation my entire life. Also, I have been a staunch feminist almost my entire life. I can honestly wasn't socially conditioned or even psychologically conditioned to believe that I have to do anything, believe anything, nor was I indoctrinated into a religion.

My journey to Islam happened not because I was looking for a religion but because despite my atheism, I had a love affair with history and anthropology and communication, and therefore loved researching religions in my own time and never thought I'd ever adopt a religion. However, despite what I had thought or believed about myself, I found Islam very beautiful and was very, very, very attracted to the beautiful spirit therein, and I slowly but surely could not deny my attraction. Eventually, the matter was simply that my heart changed and my mind changed, and therefore I no longer remained an atheist.

Any person telling me I don't know my mind is in my mind akin to trying to pat me on the head with the "poor you" tone which I find frankly find frustrating and condescending to the point of where I don't know whether to laugh or cry. How can I be more liberated than I am as an American woman who just happened to make the well-informed choice to become Muslim because I just happened to fall in love with Islam? This myth, stereotype, and hare-brained view that I need liberating as a Muslim woman needs to die, like seriously. I know my mind.

kritikvernunft
08-26-2016, 03:24 AM
What are you on about? ^o)^o)^o)
There is obviously some pattern to the imploding birth rate in the West. There is certainly some logic in that madness, and it is called: atheism. Depending on which rules exactly that you reject and liberally break in Divine Law, you will eventually start failing to reproduce from generation to generation. The ultimate reason why Divine Law mentions forbidden types of behaviour, is because they will ultimately affect your or your children's capacity to reproduce.

For example, you would think that since a prostitute has a lot of sex, she would reproduce profusely. No, and it is not even the result of using contraceptives. Even without the use of contraceptives, a prostitute will not reproduce profusely. She will rather quickly become infected with all kinds of ailments which will prevent her to conceive. Prostitutes become essentially infertile. Even women -- not even professional prostitutes -- who liberally have sex with a sufficiently long series of boyfriends will also tend to have difficulties to conceive. They also get much more trouble when giving birth. Nowadays, the doctors will often be able to intervene, but in older times, they would often just die during child birth.

It is relatively easy for a woman to technically destroy her reproductive capacity.

Then, you also have the social issues. As soon as a woman makes a child with one man, it becomes exponentially harder to get another man to commit to her. So, combining reproduction with "switching boyfriends" does not work that well. Since they have trouble to stay long enough with one boyfriend to make more than one child, this behaviour also badly depresses the birth rate.

We can go on and on and on as to why sexual behaviour in the West is dead end. You do not need to take my word for it. Just look at the collapse in the birth rate. As you know, a birth rate of less than 2.1 children per woman, automatically means that the demographic will die out. The collapse will obviously continue until it will become statistically indistinguishable from zero.

Hence, it is enough for the Muslims to just stick to the religious rules governing sexuality, in order to outbreed the shrinking demographics in the West. That is why the West focuses so much on trying to breach exactly in that realm, and to convince Muslim women to become promiscuous, because if they don't, Islam will automatically win. That is why they attacked Muslim women in Nice recently. There is no point in attacking the men or trying to convince the men. It is not necessary. All they need to do, is to subvert the women. That is why they promise to pretty much give anything to Muslim girls who agree to become promiscuous. If they succeed, they will win.

Reminder
08-26-2016, 03:26 AM

It's actually more simple than that. For example, take this thread as an example. If someone here or elsewhere tells you you're an atheist because you're mentally ill or your atheism means you're mentally deficient, I think you'd want to pull your hair off at the roots out of frustration because you know what people are doing is projecting their own acquired ridiculous biases onto you. Do you like or even accept people telling you you don't know your own mind? Nope.

In that same way, I as a Muslim woman 100% know my mind and feel frustrated when I am told that I don't know my mind and am "not liberated." I mean, come on! I am a product of Western culture. I was raised in a secularized household. I went to the best law school in my state, and yes, one of the top 50 in all of the United States, and was one of the best students graduating with distinction in my high school from a magnet program and graduated a private liberal arts college with magna cum laude. I have been a liberal in political orientation my entire life. Also, I have been a staunch feminist almost my entire life. I can honestly wasn't socially conditioned or even psychologically conditioned to believe that I have to do anything, believe anything, nor was I indoctrinated into a religion.

My journey to Islam happened not because I was looking for a religion but because despite my atheism, I had a love affair with history and anthropology and communication, and therefore loved researching religions in my own time and never thought I'd ever adopt a religion. However, despite what I had thought or believed about myself, I found Islam very beautiful and was very, very, very attracted to the beautiful spirit therein, and I slowly but surely could not deny my attraction. Eventually, the matter was simply that my heart changed and my mind changed, and therefore I no longer remained an atheist.

Any person telling me I don't know my mind is in my mind akin to trying to pat me on the head with the "poor you" tone which I find frankly find frustrating and condescending to the point of where I don't know whether to laugh or cry. How can I be more liberated than I am as an American woman who just happened to make the well-informed choice to become Muslim because I just happened to fall in love with Islam? This myth, stereotype, and hare-brained view that I need liberating as a Muslim woman needs to die, like seriously. I know my mind.
On one hand you have a point.

On the other, trying to "liberate" a Muslim woman is like 2+2=5... equating Atheism with mental illness is like 2+2=4.

When I look back to when I was an atheist, can pretty much confirm it is a mental illness.

Search
08-26-2016, 03:38 AM

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

When I look back to when I was an atheist, can pretty much confirm it is a mental illness.
I respectfully disagree that atheism is a mental illness.

But I guess atheists are of different stripes - so, maybe you are the type of person or ex-atheist who can validly say that.

So, I'm interested in learning how you are able to confirm from your own experience that atheism is a mental illness - and plus, it might be nice to know how you reverted.

We can all learn something from one another.

Btw, welcome to Islam, brother. :)

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

Reminder
08-26-2016, 03:39 AM

But I guess atheists are of different stripes - so, maybe you are the type of person or ex-atheist who can validly say that.

So, I'm interested in learning how you are able to confirm from your own experience that atheism is a mental illness - and plus, it might be nice to know how you reverted.

We can all learn something from one another.

Btw, welcome to Islam, brother. :)

If disbelief in God is not a mental illness... then what is?

jabeady
08-26-2016, 03:43 AM

Kinda the same for me and atheism. I grew up in a fundamentalist evangelical church, and attended a church - run high school. After I got out into the world, though, I started noticing areas where my religious education wasn't able to stand up to what I was experiencing. One thing led to another, and here I am. To be clear, it's not that I believe God does not exist, rather that I see no valid evidence that he does. The question follows, what would I consider to be valid evidence? After considering it, I honestly don't know. Perhaps God does? If so, he has not so far chosen to let me see it.

By the way, here are a couple of questions for all the folks who consider atheism to be a mental illness: If atheism truly is mental illness, and its sufferers unable to exercise proper judgment, would a merciful Allah withhold Paradise from them? Should devout Muslims mock or condemn those upon whom Allah takes pity?

Search
08-26-2016, 03:45 AM

If disbelief in God is not a mental illness... then what is?
I think atheism or disbelief is a state of perhaps being in a spiritual void.

However, I cannot see it as mental illness. Mental illness is clinically treatable, yet I don't find atheism or disbelief clinically treatable. Maybe if you explained more in detail what you mean, I'd be able to understand what you're trying to say or maybe if you shared your own experience, I can understand why you'd see it that way.

Honestly, otherwise, I'd have to keep to my original position of respectfully disagreeing with your position.

kritikvernunft
08-26-2016, 03:45 AM
... equating Atheism with mental illness is like 2+2=4 ...
It is indeed a bit like saying that Aids is a behavioural disease while any viruses associated are just part of its symptoms. When you see pagan girls walking around in very small shorts, you can see a behavioural disease that will sooner or later start producing visible medical symptoms.

For women, behaviour follows dress code.

A woman will eventually always start behaving in the way she is dressed. She may initially herself believe that there are no consequences attached to dressing like that. The problem is that the serious guys stay away from her. She only gets attention from men who are only looking for cheap fun. It may take years before she has settled into the habit of becoming the cheap fun of a male audience looking only for that, but it is unstoppable. Once she accumulates that kind of bad history, all kinds of consequences will kick in. It will become harder and harder to abandon that lifestyle.

Furthermore, as with all Satanic behaviour, there are rewards attached to convincing other girls to adopt the same lifestyle. For as long as she can attract new blood and subverts new people into bad ways, she will do well. At some point, however, she will have no longer have any use to Satan. That is when Satan will turn on her. He will eat her flesh and blood, and then capture her soul too.

Followers of Satan must keep converting other people, or else perish. They have no choice. If they do not bring new human sacrifice to Satan, it is them than Satan will eat. There is only one defense against that. You have to tell them:

But it is perfectly ok for me that Satan eats you alive, because that is his God-given right. You are his follower. So, now you will also become his meal.

Reminder
08-26-2016, 03:57 AM

I think atheism or disbelief is a state of perhaps being in a spiritual void.

However, I cannot see it as mental illness. Mental illness is clinically treatable, yet I don't find atheism or disbelief clinically treatable. Maybe if you explained more in detail what you mean, I'd be able to understand what you're trying to say or maybe if you shared your own experience, I can understand why you'd see it that way.

Honestly, otherwise, I'd have to keep to my original position of respectfully disagreeing with your position.

You may be right about it being a spiritual void. I don't know. In any case, Allah (SWT) knows best.

Search
08-26-2016, 04:09 AM

Well, see, the way I see it is that we're all journeying to God. Everyone has a different journey, a different experience, a different life.

Now, the thing is that I don't know what you would consider a valid experience and it's not for me to say. I think it's different for everybody.

I just hope the best for everybody, including atheists, because I just happened to once be one. That doesn't mean that I ever want to dictate to anyone what they should know/do/believe because that choice comes under the umbrella of free will, which we've been all been given as a divine gift.

Personally, I find this YouTube video nice and it's one from an ex-atheist and top American surgeon if you want to listen to him share his own experience of how he and why he decided to embrace Islam; it's just one perspective, not conclusive evidence of anything, but one that will make you think about what you know and don't know.

Editing to insert video:

Kinda the same for me and atheism. I grew up in a fundamentalist evangelical church, and attended a church - run high school. After I got out into the world, though, I started noticing areas where my religious education wasn't able to stand up to what I was experiencing. One thing led to another, and here I am. To be clear, it's not that I believe God does not exist, rather that I see no valid evidence that he does. The question follows, what would I consider to be valid evidence? After considering it, I honestly don't know. Perhaps God does? If so, he has not so far chosen to let me see it.

By the way, here are a couple of questions for all the folks who consider atheism to be a mental illness: If atheism truly is mental illness, and its sufferers unable to exercise proper judgment, would a merciful Allah withhold Paradise from them? Should devout Muslims mock or condemn those upon whom Allah takes pity?

Eric H
08-26-2016, 05:32 AM
Greetings and peace be with you jabeady;

To be clear, it's not that I believe God does not exist, rather that I see no valid evidence that he does.
It sounds as if you might be more agnostic, rather than an atheist.

The question follows, what would I consider to be valid evidence? After considering it, I honestly don't know. Perhaps God does? If so, he has not so far chosen to let me see it.
When I was around eighteen, I left the church for about thirty years. For an eighteen year old, the church teaching is full of good and evil, and the real world is full of temptation, so like the Prodigal Son, I ignored the church teachings, and went off to sample the temptations of the world. But there did come a time in my life, when I started to search for a deeper meaning, but it did mean that I would have to try and change myself first.

It has been said that a theologian is someone who has an opinion concerning the nature of God. But it has also been said, that a theologian reveals more about their own nature, rather than they do about the nature of God. Ask a hundred theologians your questions, and you will have an understanding of what is in their own hearts.

In the spirit of searching for God.

Eric

Abz2000
08-26-2016, 08:08 AM
فَقَالُوا أَبَشَرًا مِّنَّا وَاحِدًا نَّتَّبِعُهُ إِنَّا إِذًا لَّفِي ضَلَالٍ وَسُعُرٍ {

24*054:024*Khan:

For they said: "A man! Alone from among us, that we are to follow? Truly, then we should be in error and distress or madness!"

054:024*Yusufali:

For they said: "What! a man! a Solitary one from among ourselves! shall we follow such a one? Truly should we then be straying in mind, and mad!

كَذَلِكَ مَا أَتَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِهِم مِّن رَّسُولٍ إِلَّا قَالُوا سَاحِرٌ أَوْ مَجْنُونٌ {52*

Consistently, when a messenger went to the previous generations, they said, "Magician," or, "Crazy."

أَتَوَاصَوْا بِهِ بَلْ هُمْ قَوْمٌ طَاغُونَ {53*
Have they handed down (the saying) as an heirloom one unto another? Nay, but they are a people transgressing beyond bounds.

*إِنَّ الْمُجْرِمِينَ فِي ضَلَالٍ وَسُعُرٍ {47*
Chapter (54:47) sūrat al-qamar (The Moon)

Sahih International:
Indeed, the criminals are in error and madness.

Pickthall:
Lo! the guilty are in error and madness.

Yusuf Ali:
Truly those in sin are the ones straying in mind, and mad.

Shakir:
Surely the guilty are in error and distress.Muhammad Sarwar: The sinful ones will face the destructive torment of hell

Mohsin Khan:
Verily, the Mujrimun (polytheists, disbelievers, sinners, criminals, etc.) are in error (in this world) and will burn (in the Hell-fire in the Hereafter).

Arberry: Surely the sinners are in error and insanity!

Serinity
08-26-2016, 09:35 AM
atheism is not any more a mental illness than theism.
Are you serious? this is so false. By that logic, all the Prophets :as: are mentally ill? No they are not.

you are wrong. Anything that isn't Islamic Monotheism is false. Truth brings clarity, light, and cure while falsehood brings darkness and illness. (spiritually) Nuff' said.

I presume that anyone fed with falsehood, for a prolonged period will fall numb, and it will harden the heart, and perhaps even bring spiritual illness. Which brings darkness, which brings blindness, and which may turn into a mental illness. I'd sa

I do want to know the connection between mental illness and atheism. But I can see it becoming a pscyhological illness. Which may become a mental one.

I see them more as spiritually trapped.. Be there for long, and the heart gets numb to the disease. But lets not make the atheists lose hope in Islam.

thinking about it, I do think atheism, and any other falsehood brings mental illness. Any and every falsehood brings disease. but I don't think it is right to ridicule them for that.

may Allah :swt: guide them. Ameen.

but there IS a cure to every illness. :) The cure for spiritual and mental illness is the Qur'an. It can cure all disease afaik, but we do not have the level of Imaan to do that.

Allahu alam.

kritikvernunft
08-26-2016, 10:28 AM
It can certainly degenerate into one. Imagine that atheism leads you to rejecting Divine Law and gives you the idea that promiscuous sex would be ok, and that this behaviour then degenerates into severe sexual diseases. At that point, there would certainly be a clearly-established relationship between having syphilis and atheism, I would think. The question then becomes whether atheism will always lead to physical -or mental diseases? Will atheism always snowball into a set of mental and/or bodily defects? Possibly. However, confirming or infirming this, would require access to the medical theory of everything. Hence, it cannot be tested scientifically. Hence, it has the status of a belief, that is untestable, but sounds quite plausible. You can believe it, but you clearly don't have to.

M.I.A.
08-26-2016, 10:30 AM
I found this trending video..

explains the irrationality and narrow mindedness of people..

people are not mentally I'll!

they are just missing the obvious.. applies to both thiests and atheists..

because you would have to be nuts to follow these guys.

tables, ladders and chairs match.

https://youtu.be/8S1_m-aPz4M

Serinity
08-26-2016, 10:57 AM
On the same serious note, a year or so ago I began to explore my atheism by setting down in essay form what I think and why I think I think that way. It's grown to 5-1/2 pages and remains a work-in-progress.

I now (I think) understand why you guys are atheists. :) you don't understand miracles, and I understand why. :)
If someone says something they need to bring proof, otherwise it is labelled falsehood or something someone made up.

I think taking a more objective approach, to God Himself, would be good.

But atheism is based on immense ignorance, and/or self-denial, and/or lack of reflecting. I think atheists are immensly indoctrated in schools.

History is immensly based on assumptions too. And the origin of interaction and language is too.

Be objective, critical, AND reflective.

noraina
08-26-2016, 01:07 PM
This type of approach is only going to cause negativity. Sometimes it comes across as a weakness in one's own convictions if you have to insult someone else's views to make your own seem right. Blanket statements like this don't exactly come under constructive disagreement or even attempting respectful discussion.

For the most part, atheism is not a mental illness. I think Islam makes it quite clear that disbelief is a conscious decision, a choice, and someone who was once an athiest or didn't believe has the choice to become a Muslim or not - if they had no choice it would be a great injustice, and Allah swt is completely Just. I'm quite sure in Shariah someone who is truly mentally ill is not accountable for their actions.

There are, of course, spiritual diseases of the heart, which are utterly different, like unbelief, hypocrisy, jealousy, anger, which can afflict anyone.

Allah swt knows best.

sister herb
08-26-2016, 01:11 PM
Their behavior online gives us an insight into their mental health and it clearly isn't healthy, we can deduce this with the emotional rants and hateful things they spew about any who do not share their views.
Well, we could say same also about some religious people (against the atheists).

Abz2000
08-26-2016, 01:35 PM
Double post

Abz2000
08-26-2016, 01:41 PM
One would need to look into the ways of life in which people self medicate and numb themselves from clear thinking via alcohol, drugs, and anti-depressants i.e intoxicants.

Which societies is this practice most widespred in?
Ask yourself why?
Stress and the feeling of the need to escape from clear thought manifests from two scenarios that i can think of - being abused or used, economically beaten, and feeling the need to go soma coma due to helplessness (escapism, ptsd), or
from becoming spiritually self corrupted and descending into a spiral of decadence and emptyness where normality becomes a void.

Now check if such willing self-intoxication is more powerfully manifested in societies where what Allah calls satanism is prominent, or in monotheistic societies where God takes priority and is remembered and obeyed regularly.

Sad thing is that these stats are available and well known to the very people who feed you the news, mentioning decadence with a smile accompanied with elating and positive words, and decency with a frown accompanied by words and sounds which invoke fear, dread, and negativity, and this is an attack on the psyche and soul of the individual who is unable to process, rationalize and file concepts correctly.

There is a very good reason why the prophet pbuh advised us to repeat factual statements about Allah constantly, it writes and rewrites data on the brain and brings it back to straight and clear thought even during a subconcious attack whilst dreaming, watching a tv debate, a movie or sitcom, or skewed news report.

Going through the choice of words of certain article writers carefully should show a person howmagnet like negativity and positivity can be induced simply via difficulty and ease of sentence structuring.
One can tie a persons brain in knots and cause confusion and negative pulses just through choice of grammar, and induce comfort, ease, satisfaction and endorphin release with the same - without anything being obviously apparent to the reader.

Look carefully and you'll see.

Serinity
08-26-2016, 01:46 PM
I find it ironic that atheistic societies emphasises critical thinking etc. but when it comes to school, and biology, they are never critical like they are with religion. They make assumptions in regards to our origin, how we got language. They never stop to think how this came to be. And if they do, they never get another layer deeper.

aamirsaab
08-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Why is this thread still opened? Really, aetheism is a mental illness?

I swear, some of you guys are so completely out of touch it is unbelievable....

jabeady
08-26-2016, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
It sounds as if you might be more agnostic, rather than an atheist.
Whatever. I've also been called a soft atheist and an agnostic atheist. Personally, I prefer Unbeliever. I shy away from any association with the so-called New Atheism, which is virtually undistinguishable from religion in general, with its own rigid dogma and unreasoning prejudices.

Serinity
08-26-2016, 05:24 PM
may Allah :swt: guide all disbelievers. Ameen.

I feel sorry for them, what if I was one? How would I feel?

M.I.A.
08-26-2016, 05:25 PM
Whatever. I've also been called a soft atheist and an agnostic atheist. Personally, I prefer Unbeliever. I shy away from any association with the so-called New Atheism, which is virtually undistinguishable from religion in general, with its own rigid dogma and unreasoning prejudices.
I think belief is a choice..

why should any follow blindly?

on any topic?

the world has presented a new misdirection for those still on the fence..

it is the expanding of the word atheism and all you can attach to it..

most people would see you bow just so they could get a leg up..

Maybe it is better for people not to be so submissive to what people want.

why spend your money, time, effort.. your life..

on people who are.. unjust..

What's a label?

not all athiests are created equal.

jabeady
08-26-2016, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
but there IS a cure to every illness. :) The cure for spiritual and mental illness is the Qur'an. It can cure all disease afaik, but we do not have the level of Imaan to do that.

Allahu alam.
This sounds an awful lot like Scientology. In this respect, Scientology has the advantage, since they can point to their e-meter readings as physical evidence that belief in Scientology cures mental illness.

So, do I go with Islam, which claims to cure mental illness, or with Scientology, which seems to have the results plain for all to see in black and white?

M.I.A.
08-26-2016, 05:36 PM
This sounds an awful lot like Scientology. In this respect, Scientology has the advantage, since they can point to their e-meter readings as physical evidence that belief in Scientology cures mental illness.

So, do I go with Islam, which claims to cure mental illness, or with Scientology, which seems to have the results plain for all to see in black and white?

Im sure you will make up your own mind in due time.

..at least you didn't pick the matrix as inspiration.

this is the nth time we have made this thread, we are becoming rather efficient at it..

badly paraphrased.

jabeady
08-26-2016, 05:41 PM
It can certainly degenerate into one. Imagine that atheism leads you to rejecting Divine Law and gives you the idea that promiscuous sex would be ok, and that this behaviour then degenerates into severe sexual diseases. At that point, there would certainly be a clearly-established relationship between having syphilis and atheism, I would think. The question then becomes whether atheism will always lead to physical -or mental diseases? Will atheism always snowball into a set of mental and/or bodily defects? Possibly. However, confirming or infirming this, would require access to the medical theory of everything. Hence, it cannot be tested scientifically. Hence, it has the status of a belief, that is untestable, but sounds quite plausible. You can believe it, but you clearly don't have to.
So, not only am I impotent, but syphilitic as well. Oh, and mentally ill. Is there anything else? You've left out gonorrhea, inguinale and herpes.

Serinity
08-26-2016, 05:44 PM
:bism:

In shaa' Allah (God willing) with the help of Allah :swt:, I will be able to answer your question.

scientiology has just made "science" a religion for them.

OTOH, Islam does not defy/deny science, rather it affirms. Allah :swt: says, He :swt: for every disease He :swt: created, He :swt: created a cure.

Science is observation of the physical / mental./ this world/universe. Islam encourages the Muslims to seek knowledge, and to go out and see what Allah :swt: has created of every noble kind.

Scientiology (assuming from the name) is just being like "lets make technology a religion" "With technology we can DISCOVER illnesses."

Science is a tool, to be able to observe the universe etc. Is a blessing Allah :swt: gave us, so isn't it more befitting that you submit to Allah :swt: Creator of the All, AND study science, than study what Allah :swt: has created, while denying His religion/and Him?

Scientiology does NOT cure illness in and of itself. Ultimately, it is ALLAH that cures the disease, only by Allah's will can one be cured. They are using the means of what Allah has provided for them, to cure themselves.

Allah is the provider, the creator of everything, so ultimately, wouldn't it be better to join the religion of Allah, the creator of all disease and cure?

For an anology:

Imagine you have a syringe. This syringe has some fancy medicine derived from a plant. Ultimately the doctor who attained that medicine took from what Allah :swt: has created. Would you join the group that says "we can cure all illnesses with what Allah has created" or "Allah has sent down/created a cure for every disease, which is available if we search within Allah's creation, with the help of Allah"

One group is denying Allah while thinking of themselves self-sufficient and independent to cure themselves, ignoring the fact that it is by the will of Allah, the other acknowledges Allah, and that it is Allah that created the cure.

Islam does not deny science, it affirms, and it encourages one to learn. A tool to better our lives.

Scientiology: claims to use science to find disease, yet denies Allah. Unacknowledging of the favours of Allah, and attributing their success to themselves/science. *which I feel is shirk* any scholar can confirm.

Islam: Affirms science, and says that Allah created all cure and disease, and that we can use science to search for cure, while acknowledging Allah.

Allahu alam.

M.I.A.
08-26-2016, 05:56 PM
to some point, we all see the worldly benefits. although Islam has a totally separate ideology that still has belief in the unseen.

for instance a person can easily say that the command of eating with the right hand confers cleanliness and minimises the chances of disease..

especially for those who do not have the resources to maintain a constant level of cleanliness.

as does using the left hand for things that are unclean.

but I just made that up!

100% sure there is more to it than that.

not 100% keen on an only science approach.

Serinity
08-26-2016, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
to some point, we all see the worldly benefits. although Islam has a totally separate ideology that still has belief in the unseen.

for instance a person can easily say that the command of eating with the right hand confers cleanliness and minimises the chances of disease..

especially for those who do not have the resources to maintain a constant level of cleanliness.

as does using the left hand for things that are unclean.

but I just made that up!

100% sure there is more to it than that.

not 100% keen on an only science approach.
Tbh, I find it arrogant to rely on science while ignoring the Creator. Like seriously.

jabeady
08-26-2016, 05:58 PM
:bism:
Scientiology (assuming from the name) is just being like "lets make technology a religion" "With technology we can DISCOVER illnesses."
Umm... No.

Where to begin? Trying to explain Scientology to someone is like trying to explain Mormonism. In fact, the two have a lot in common. You could even say that Mormonism is Scientology without the rocket ships. Really.

Serinity
08-26-2016, 06:04 PM
Umm... No.

Where to begin? Trying to explain Scientology to someone is like trying to explain Mormonism. In fact, the two have a lot in common. You could even say that Mormonism is Scientology without the rocket ships. Really.
well searching up in google it was invented by an American. Not the truth. Search for God, and you will understand the obvious.

Anything in terms of religion, that comes from the imaginations/desires of man is false, i.e. claiming something from oneself without proof. Truth comes from God alone.

M.I.A.
08-26-2016, 06:07 PM
Tbh, I find it arrogant to rely on science while ignoring the Creator. Like seriously.
well that's the irony.. similar concepts of wellbeing have always been present..throughout history.

..although all have done the best they can with the knowledge that has been present at the time..

moving backwards will probably not help. or maybe it will.. I don't know.

although prevention is better than cure is just an intention really.

...although I have met people that can give you high blood pressure.. and worse.

I'm not sure how it works yet.

I should take a nap.

kritikvernunft
08-26-2016, 06:22 PM
The message from Our Beloved Master, the singular God, Creator of the Universe, is about behaviours that are forbidden onto us. He tells us what we are not allowed to do, while everything else is permitted. Science is about repeatedly testing particular statements in order to search for counterexamples. What does that have to do with the list of forbidden behaviours? By testing experimentally particular things, we are not trying to discover new forbidden behaviours, or to prove or disprove that particular behaviours would be forbidden or not. I cannot imagine why people believe that testing that water boils at 100 degrees would be related in any way with the list of forbidden behaviours in Divine Law ...

jabeady
08-26-2016, 06:27 PM
Oh, I can't resist. Mind, this is a very abbreviated summary, and I'll probably get the details wrong.

Many millenia ago, the great galactic warlord Xenu lost a war that had raged all across the galaxy. His forces retreated to the third planet of a minor sun in an unfashionable galactic arm, where they sought refuge in the minds of the planet's dominant species. The planet's inhabitants were unable to completely handle this psychic invasion, and consequently all of them suffered mental and emotional instability to one degree or another. Finally, a third-rate science fiction writer was able to discover the truth. He developed a process for expelling the invaders on a person-by-person basis, and invented the e-meter, a tool for measuring how much the invader was influencing the victim. The greatest of the science-fiction writer's followers lived in Hollywood, and the greatest of these was named Tom Cruise, also known as Oprah's Nemesis.

I know a little less about Mormonism, but I can tell you it was founded by a convicted fraud, who received from the angel Moroni a set of golden tablets inscribed with Egyptian - style hiroglyphics. He was able to translate these tablets by putting them into his hat with a set of seer stones and reading them aloud to a copyist. When the translation was finished, Moroni took the golden tablets back to heaven, but left the seer stones behind, and they can be seen to this day as evidence of the truth contained in the Book of Mormon.

sister herb
08-26-2016, 06:32 PM
It´s not logical to claim that atheism would to be a mental illness. How then non-believers should face any punishment at the Judgement Day if the reason for their unbelieving was the sickness? Is mentally ill person responsible for his actions?

M.I.A.
08-26-2016, 06:34 PM
:|

are you saying that people who first boiled water were scientists?

or that I am to provide opposition?

I'm more of a star trek fan,

tricorder and sickbay.. would it change anything?

startrek the final frontier... surprisingly apt

Oh, I can't resist. Mind, this is a very abbreviated summary, and I'll probably get the details wrong.

Many millenia ago, the great galactic warlord Xenu lost a war that had raged all across the galaxy. His forces retreated to the third planet of a minor sun in an unfashionable galactic arm, where they sought refuge in the minds of the planet's dominant species. The planet's inhabitants were unable to completely handle this psychic invasion, and consequently all of them suffered mental and emotional instability to one degree or another. Finally, a third-rate science fiction writer was able to discover the truth. He developed a process for expelling the invaders on a person-by-person basis, and invented the e-meter, a tool for measuring how much the invader was influencing the victim. The greatest of the science-fiction writer's followers lived in Hollywood, and the greatest of these was named Tom Cruise, also known as Oprah's Nemesis.

I know a little less about Mormonism, but I can tell you it was founded by a convicted fraud, who received from the angel Moroni a set of golden tablets inscribed with Egyptian - style hiroglyphics. He was able to translate these tablets by putting them into his hat with a set of seer stones and reading them aloud to a copyist. When the translation was finished, Moroni took the golden tablets back to heaven, but left the seer stones behind, and they can be seen to this day as evidence of the truth contained in the Book of Mormon.

strangely, there may be some truth to that.. if you can't say anything nice!

Serinity
08-26-2016, 06:41 PM

intriguing fairy tail. :) What a plot. lol.

How delusional one must be to believe this. Smh. Sounds like some science-fiction from star wars. Wait, do you know that there are people who believe "in the force" and Jedis? :facepalm:

Anyone with some braincells would see this as nothing but a fairy tail.

M.I.A.
08-26-2016, 06:49 PM
way to go serenity (good film btw) keeping relevant to the topic title.

lightsabre?

most people would be better off with a toothbrush..

miswak

Serinity
08-26-2016, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
way to go serenity (good film btw) keeping relevant to the topic title.

lightsabre?

most people would be better off with a toothbrush..

miswak
Sarcasm much?

Lol, TECHNICALLY a lightsaber would be possible.. But we do not have the technology yet and we lack knowledge.

Ray guns would be close.. I think. Imagine highly charged beams of plasma shooting very fast? Or the ability to accumulate Sun's energy into a powerful blast?

I think humanity is better off without any such weapons..they'll cause destruction.

M.I.A.
08-26-2016, 06:58 PM
ever imagine glowing ufo's?

well it finally happened.. relevant via plasma

http://www.mmu.ac.uk/news/news-items/3889/

also a naturally occurring phenomena... surprisingly.

jabeady
08-26-2016, 06:58 PM
intriguing fairy tail. :) What a plot. lol.

How delusional one must be to believe this. Smh. Sounds like some science-fiction from star wars. Wait, do you know that there are people who believe "in the force" and Jedis? :facepalm:

Anyone with some braincells would see this as nothing but a fairy tail.
Ever hear of the First Church of Elvis? Seriously.

And *atheists* are mentally ill?

Serinity
08-26-2016, 07:16 PM
Ever hear of the First Church of Elvis? Seriously.

And *atheists* are mentally ill?
Idk about mentally ill, but I do see them as spiritually ill, and blind. Like, I can see the miracles/signs/evidences/proofs, while I see an atheist be like "Ignore, do not search religion, it is impossible to know right from wrong"

I feel as if atheists have something disconnected within them. Idk, but mental illness? Like chronic, illness like those crazed people? I don't think so..

But I do think There is spiritual illness/blindness. Which dazzles me. Tbh, as a Muslim, it amazes me how one cant see the logic in creation. But Allah :swt: knows best.

I have seen no proof for mental illness. But I do know this: It is a disease to one's psychological state, and mental outlook.

Allah :swt: talks about the disease of the heart, so I think that is where it is at - atheism being a spiritual, heart disease. I have tried to see from atheistic eyes, and it makes absolutely no sense to me.

To conclude: I do think it corrupts one's heart, spiritual state, and mental state. One's thought processes too. So a "kind" of mental disease.

Lets define what mental illness we are talking about first.. What mental illness? I think like this:

Truth - is a cure, light, and guidance.
Falsehood - a disease and darkness.

A disease will eventually if left untreated affect other parts. So yeah, I think so.

A disease of the heart, and one's psychological state. But Idk about clinical illness, but I am certain Atheism is a disease, and it brings disease to human mind/heart.

A disease that can not be treated with meds, but with Qur'an and reflecting upon the Qur'an, and Allah's creation.

So yes, a disease/illness. Definitely. That is not to say that I see you as some crazy handicapped person UNABLE to reason. NO.

Rather, you are able to reason, but Atheism is a disease that prevents one from seeing straight. So a type of delusion/deception/confusion.

So in short: Yes, a mental illness, but not clinical illness that can be treated with meds.

It is a disease of the heart, which can affect the brain.

not a mental illness that completely inhibits people from sane/logical thoughts. Insane people are excused (afaik) in Islam.

Atheists and everyone with sound mind will be accountable.
ANY scholar can comment and correct me.
Allah :swt: knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.