/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which country is best to reside in?

strivingobserver98
08-25-2016, 08:10 PM
:sl: may consider going there for visit or moving there temporarily sometime :ia:.

Vote and tell everyone why :).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
08-25-2016, 08:14 PM
the whole world is for you... throw a dart at a map, if it lands on green space bro, go there :)

And the earth - We have spread it and cast therein firmly set mountains and caused to grow therein [something] of every well-balanced thing. Quran: 15/19

Scimi

Little_Lion
08-25-2016, 08:54 PM
My first choice is not on there . . . I want to move to Oman because they've done SO much for things like education over the past years. Insha'Allah, someday . . . .

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-25-2016, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
:sl: may consider going there for visit or moving there temporarily sometime :ia:.

Vote and tell everyone why :).
A place not on this Dunyaa. It's called Jannah. I want to move there permanently soon, In Shaa Allaah.

Make Du`aa.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
LaSorcia
08-25-2016, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
A place not on this Dunyaa. It's called Jannah. I want to move there permanently soon, In Shaa Allaah.

Make Du`aa.
Don't rush there!

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-25-2016, 10:19 PM
In the words of Hadhrat `Umayr ibn al-Humaam al-Ansaari رضي الله عنه, "If I must live long enough to eat these dates (before going to Jannah), it will be a very long life..."

Sahaabah-e-Kiraam were amazing in every way...

Umm Abed
08-26-2016, 06:05 AM
:wa:

You didnt include Malaysia?

I dont know but many people say its very nice there as well as lots of muslims.

noraina
08-26-2016, 12:47 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

I think each country has its own beauty to it....I've heard that Morocco and Egypt are really interesting, enthralling countries to visit tho.

Somewhere with lots of natural landscapes, colourful bazaars and a quiet little town to live in would be my kind of place, wherever it is.

darkbro
08-26-2016, 12:56 PM
The best country.. hmm..
In my opinion, the best country to stay is the place where you can do your religion safely, and nobody hates your religion.

Indonesia? Definitely not, you will only find muslim. You wont find Islam. I did a more-than-a-month trip to eastern Indonesia, and, with a random sample, of all the people i met on the road, 90% of them dont pray (shalat) at all. Not even a friday prayer. True muslims here have no place.. People here hate Islam a lot, and their shalats are really fast (5 minutes for 4 rakaat)

I heard Egypt/Morocco is also like that. I never heard about muslims in Bangladesh.

So far -in a place that i have ever been- only in Saudi Arabia that if you meet a stranger and you say Assalamualaikum, you wont get a weird stare or a 911 call.

sister herb
08-26-2016, 01:19 PM
I would like to vote but I can´t. Why only those options? There should to be also "Some other - name it". I would vote it: the place where I have lived all my life is the best. Home sweet home.

:statisfie

I don´t think we can really find a place from the earth where nobody hates your religion.

darkbro
08-26-2016, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I would like to vote but I can´t. Why only those options? There should to be also "Some other - name it". I would vote it: the place where I have lived all my life is the best. Home sweet home.

:statisfie

I don´t think we can really find a place from the earth where nobody hates your religion.
Not even in Finland?

But nobody hates my religion in KSA :D

noraina
08-26-2016, 01:36 PM
No place like home....I think I'd always return to my home in a little town in England wherever I went. All of my childhood memories, my parents, my family, my closest friends, they're all here. Nothing's changed and I actually like that, even the neighbours are the same :D.

sister herb
08-26-2016, 01:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by darkbro
But nobody hates my religion in KSA :D
How you can be sure? Amongst of the Muslims are also those whose hate their own religion (but in many times they can´t say it openly).

darkbro
08-26-2016, 01:56 PM
How you can be sure? Amongst of the Muslims are also those whose hate their own religion (but in many times they can´t say it openly).
Well, at least openly. You can never know (and.. never care too, rite?) what's inside their hearts ;D

Samiun
08-26-2016, 02:01 PM
he best country.. hmm..
In my opinion, the best country to stay is the place where you can do your religion safely, and nobody hates your religion.

Indonesia? Definitely not, you will only find muslim. You wont find Islam. I did a more-than-a-month trip to eastern Indonesia, and, with a random sample, of all the people i met on the road, 90% of them dont pray (shalat) at all. Not even a friday prayer. True muslims here have no place.. People here hate Islam a lot, and their shalats are really fast (5 minutes for 4 rakaat)
Eastern Indonesia? Can you specify where this is? As someone who have been there many, many times, I will disagree on you that '90% of them don't pray at all' and they certainly don't 'hate' Islam(I've never heard of this). Not sure about other parts of Indonesia, but if you go to Acheh one of the most poorest but rich places(THE IRONY) in Indonesia they are a people who have suffered a lot through the ages and one of the only nation at the region(South East Asia) to ever fended off Holland in all its mighty and even by a Sultanah at one point in time.
If you go there, there are many Madrasahs and the people are friendly(but never mess with them) in general. There's like Masjids every KM and sometimes you can see the Masjid looks like it never gets completed but people actually pray there as they rely heavily on the funds by the community. You have to be careful though, lots of ideologies being infiltrated there.

darkbro
08-26-2016, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
Eastern Indonesia? Can you specify where this is? As someone who have been there many, many times, I will disagree on you that '90% of them don't pray at all' and they certainly don't 'hate' Islam(I've never heard of this). Not sure about other parts of Indonesia, but if you go to Acheh one of the most poorest but rich places(THE IRONY) in Indonesia they are a people who have suffered a lot through the ages and one of the only nation at the region(South East Asia) to ever fended off Holland in all its mighty and even by a Sultanah at one point in time.
If you go there, there are many Madrasahs and the people are friendly(but never mess with them) in general. There's like Masjids every KM and sometimes you can see the Masjid looks like it never gets completed but people actually pray there as they rely heavily on the funds by the community. You have to be careful though, lots of ideologies being infiltrated there.
Eastern Indonesia: Lombok, Sumbawa, Bima.
Which part have you been there? I am so sorry if it is wrong but that's what i got after moving there from house to house in a month.
Funny thing is, i found Muslims in Flores are better.. just like in any other muslim-minority areas.

Aceh is in west. I traveled through Aceh too, and well, i have to say i am also Acehnese. Yeah you can find a lot of Masjids there (and surprise, they have clean toilets unlike in other parts of the country).. but have you had a view on the city of Banda Aceh or Lhoksmauwe and their ironic lifestyle and nightlife? In a sharia province?

Well, based on my experience of living more than 20 years in the country..
Have you lived in Jakarta? Heard any whine or sigh when you read a Quran in a public place? Weird gaze when you do a shalah sunnah?

Depends on your environment anyway ;D
different people, different experiences

Aaqib
08-26-2016, 02:51 PM
What about a random island in the middle of no where?
Definately there will be no one hating on Islam...

or no one there.. to be exact

ardianto
08-26-2016, 02:55 PM
Indonesia? Definitely not, you will only find muslim. You wont find Islam. I did a more-than-a-month trip to eastern Indonesia, and, with a random sample, of all the people i met on the road, 90% of them dont pray (shalat) at all. Not even a friday prayer.
You make general conclusion based only on sample that are too small. If your sample are only people who spend their days by sitting beside the road without do regular job, indeed, mostly of them do not perform salah. But if you take sample from other communities like workers or vendors in marketplace, then the result would be very different.

aaj
08-26-2016, 03:07 PM
What a limited selection to chose from. smh

As to which country is best to reside in, it would have to be a decent Muslim country where living standards aren't awful and corruption is out the wazoo and the human rights violations like in saudi and egypt where they arrest and rape college students just for protesting. On the non-Muslim sides, it would have to be a muslim friendly country, like Canada, which rules out Islamophobic america and most fascists nations in europe.

sister herb
08-26-2016, 06:24 PM
And why we should to be so worry if someone hates our religion or not? Life is a test and sometimes we just have to face troubles when practicing our religion.

islamirama
08-26-2016, 06:31 PM
And why we should to be so worry if someone hates our religion or not? Life is a test and sometimes we just have to face troubles when practicing our religion.
Life is a test but that doesn't mean you go sit in the midst of your enemies to test yourself out. Would you like 3 armed officers standing over your face with a pepper spray in your face threatening to strip in front of your kids? Would you like armed officers tackle you down in a subway and start looking under your skirt or have you strip naked in police holding sell with male officers ogling? Or have your hijab snatched? or spat on? Those "tests" one can do without.

"... and do not throw [yourselves] with your [own] hands into destruction . ..." 2:195

sister herb
08-26-2016, 06:38 PM
^^ A good point too. So better to run (and move away from your home)? Or better to stay and fight back (not literally against 3 armed officers but the public opinions)?

islamirama
08-26-2016, 06:43 PM
^^ A good point too. So better to run (and move away from your home)? Or better to stay and fight back (not literally against 3 armed officers but the public opinions)?
Home is where peace and freedom is, not oppression.

Even the Prophet(saw) and his followers left to a Muslim friendly place (madeenah) from an oppressive society (makkah).

Indeed, those whom the angels take [in death] while wronging themselves - [the angels] will say, "In what [condition] were you?" They will say, "We were oppressed in the land." The angels will say, "Was not the earth of Allah spacious [enough] for you to emigrate therein?" For those, their refuge is Hell - and evil it is as a destination. [4.97]

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-26-2016, 06:50 PM
Allaah Ta`aalaa has told us in the Qur'aan that the Jews and Christians will never be pleased with Muslims until they (the Muslims) follow their Millah (the religion/ideology/path/way of life of the Jews and Christians).

So, you will not find any country in the world where there are no people who hate Islaam. That you will find people who hate Islaam is unavoidable. They have been there since the beginning and they will continue to be there. The Shayaateen too will always hate Muslims.

It's just a matter of relativity. Some countries are worse in comparison to others. There's just "bad" and "worse".

Snow
08-26-2016, 08:29 PM
It just depends on what the person is looking for.
My utopia is another ones dystopia.

darkbro
08-27-2016, 03:32 AM
But would you live in a part of China where if you do a ramadan fast, you are imprisoned?

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
You make general conclusion based only on sample that are too small. If your sample are only people who spend their days by sitting beside the road without do regular job, indeed, mostly of them do not perform salah. But if you take sample from other communities like workers or vendors in marketplace, then the result would be very different.
well, they are.. IT practicioner, enterpreneur,.. though most of them work in tourism industry.
but i did state that, it just my own generalization..

anatolian
08-27-2016, 09:54 AM
The best place to live in is the place you are respected. Some non-muslim countries persecute some muslims becuse of their Islamic way of life and some muslim countries persecute some other muslims because of their lack of Islamic way of life. I wouldnt want to live in any.

Turkey is OK for me atleast for now..

kritikvernunft
08-27-2016, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
... a decent Muslim country where living standards aren't awful ...
I live in the second-poorest country in Southeast Asia. Since it does not cost much time to investigate ways NOT to be dependent on the local market, living standards have little to do with the place where you live. It has much more to do with the validity of your investigations and your own ability to organize your trade options. It is true that the locals have relatively limited intellectual ability to arrange their own options, but nothing would stop them, if they really wanted to. Seriously, I would not make one more dollar by moving to another country. I would probably just spend more for the same lifestyle.
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
... and corruption is out the wazoo ...
Lots of people claim that the country that I have picked to live in, would be corrupt. To me, it just means that you always have to option to settle with this government by paying them off, if ever need be. I have had to do that twice in 14 years for very small amounts. In that sense, I do not consider "corruption" to be a problem.

My biggest problem is that the local Muslims don't speak English, while I don't want to use the local dialect of the kafir majority here to discuss anything serious ...

strivingobserver98
08-28-2016, 12:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
You didnt include Malaysia?
Oh yes need to look into that. Sounds exciting :). Do you have big plans to travel somewhere? :O

For everyone on the thread read this beautiful poem by Imam Shafi:

The Benefits in Travelling

تغرب عن الأوطان في طلب العلى *** وسافر ففي الأسفار خمس فوائد
Leave your country in search of loftiness
And travel! For in travel there are 5 benefits,

تفرج هم واكتساب معيشة *** وعلم وآداب وصحبة ماجد
Relief of adversity and earning of livelihood
And knowledge and etiquettes and noble companionship

فإن قيل في الأسفار ذل ومحنة *** وقطع الفيافي وارتكاب الشدائد
If it is said that travelling brings humiliation and difficulty
And long journeys across deserts and toil and trouble,

فموت الفتى خير له من قيامه *** بدار هوان بين واش وحاسد
Then death is better for a person than him remaining
In a humiliating land between traitors and enviers

Scimitar
08-28-2016, 12:03 AM
Tunisia... that's where i'd go. I been looking into this, in sha Allah one day soon I will go there... keep me in your dua.

Scimi

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-28-2016, 10:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Tunisia... that's where i'd go. I been looking into this, in sha Allah one day soon I will go there... keep me in your dua.

Scimi
What are some of the things in Tunisia that would attract you to go there?

startingarabic
08-28-2016, 11:06 AM
بلاد الشام
The virtues of this area are many.

kritikvernunft
08-28-2016, 01:11 PM
Tunisia... that's where i'd go.
I have met quite a few Algerians, some even here, and I get along really well with them. They usually also speak French. So, that also makes things easier. Therefore, I have always been interested in the cities of Algers, Constantine, or Oran, but in my impression, the internet may not work that well there.

I also either need a local bitcoin market, or else, as a backup, I would prefer to also have ATMs around that can handle my Taiwanese/Hong Kong Mastercard. I increasingly triangulate over Chinese financial systems to avoid obnoxious interferences that you can expect from western payment systems. So, I would prefer to be able to cash out with Alipay or Unionpay too, as an alternative to Mastercard. I still need to test drive all of that, though.

Nothing beats having a local bitcoin exchange market, though, and avoid the riba/interest-infested fiat banking system altogether. Unfortunately, nobody seems to be trading peer-to-peer in Algiers: https://localbitcoins.com/instant-bitcoins. The place nearest by Algiers where you can trade, is Spain. No support for Chinese Alipay or Unionpay either. Not even support for Russian payeer or webmoney. If they are going to force me to transact over New York again (utterly detestable!), just to draw cash out of their ATMs, I am not such a fan anymore.

Any country that forces me to triangulate over New York for my ATM cash out needs, is turning into a no-go zone for me. If I see the words "New York" in conjunction with "bank" in one sentence, then I do not know to know what the question is, because the answer is "no". How long will I have to keep suffering the indignity of having American "correspondent banks" asking me obnoxious questions about why I want to do what with my own money?

The Middle East is a total disaster in that respect: it is full of American payment systems. I would agree to Chinese or Russian, but they don't support that. They don't do bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies either. That area is one large American financial colony, with the Americans telling them what to do. I have never seen that kind of slaves before ...

darkbro
08-29-2016, 04:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kritikvernunft
I have met quite a few Algerians, some even here, and I get along really well with them. They usually also speak French. So, that also makes things easier. Therefore, I have always been interested in the cities of Algers, Constantine, or Oran, but in my impression, the internet may not work that well there.

I also either need a local bitcoin market, or else, as a backup, I would prefer to also have ATMs around that can handle my Taiwanese/Hong Kong Mastercard. I increasingly triangulate over Chinese financial systems to avoid obnoxious interferences that you can expect from western payment systems. So, I would prefer to be able to cash out with Alipay or Unionpay too, as an alternative to Mastercard. I still need to test drive all of that, though.

Nothing beats having a local bitcoin exchange market, though, and avoid the riba/interest-infested fiat banking system altogether. Unfortunately, nobody seems to be trading peer-to-peer in Algiers: https://localbitcoins.com/instant-bitcoins. The place nearest by Algiers where you can trade, is Spain. No support for Chinese Alipay or Unionpay either. Not even support for Russian payeer or webmoney. If they are going to force me to transact over New York again (utterly detestable!), just to draw cash out of their ATMs, I am not such a fan anymore.

Any country that forces me to triangulate over New York for my ATM cash out needs, is turning into a no-go zone for me. If I see the words "New York" in conjunction with "bank" in one sentence, then I do not know to know what the question is, because the answer is "no". How long will I have to keep suffering the indignity of having American "correspondent banks" asking me obnoxious questions about why I want to do what with my own money?

The Middle East is a total disaster in that respect: it is full of American payment systems. I would agree to Chinese or Russian, but they don't support that. They don't do bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies either. That area is one large American financial colony, with the Americans telling them what to do. I have never seen that kind of slaves before ...
lol, i never thought i would found a darkweb explorer here

anyway i heard banks in KSA are really free of riba.. as you know many sharia banks only change the label of 'interest' with *insert cool islamic-like phrase here* but contently they are similar.

kritikvernunft
08-29-2016, 05:01 AM
lol, i never thought i would found a darkweb explorer here
Well, with my staunchly anti-Statist views, I find more like-minded people on the darknet than on the clearnet, and certainly than in the real world. A lot of people do not understand anti-Statism, actually. In Islamic terms, it would quite much map to a deep resentment for man-made law. Still, a good number of anti-Statists also reject Divine Law, but I disagree with them about that. Since there shall always be a Law, we could as well settle on Divine Law. My personal belief is that alternatives always degenerate and ultimately become unworkable (=contradictory), and while they collapse, they will create increasingly large amounts of chaos (=fitna).

I personally also believe that fitna is just around the corner now. Since it is coming anyway, we could as well embrace it, and benefit from it. That is why I am always maximally long on anti-fragile assets (which thrive in chaos) such as bitcoin and in theory also gold, but I have not yet found a solution to protect property rights over gold stocks in the presence of social breakdown. I believe that gold will just end up being detected and stolen, and is therefore not necessarily a valid anti-fragile asset, unless you are really well organized to defend your property rights. But then again, property rights are just a tool. They are not a goal in themselves. Hence, if I can avoid the struggle to defend property rights, I will.
anyway i heard banks in KSA are really free of riba.. as you know many sharia banks only change the label of 'interest' with *insert cool islamic-like phrase here* but contently they are similar.
Ha! But the currency itself is already riba/interest-infested, irrespective of you borrowing or lending it against interest/riba. The fiat money creation process invariably occurs through the emission of riba/interest-infested loans. Hence, it is not enough to refrain from lending/borrowing against riba/interest for your money to be truly riba/interest-free. Your money must NOT be have been created during a riba/interest-generating process. Hence it is the fiat money itself that is haraam/impermissible.

In other words, Islamic riba/interest-free banking is not possible in the context of a fiat currency, such as the dollar, the euro, the pound, or any other centrally-emitted paper currency. If you want to come clean of being involved in riba/interest practices, you must maximally avoid the use of these fiat currencies. This is what you can derive directly from ancient Jewish scriptures about fiat currencies of which the very origin is riba/interest:

Deuteronomy 23:19: "You shall not bring the fee of a w.h.o.r.e or the price of a dog into the house of the Lord your God in fulfillment of any vow."
Micah 1:7, "For they were amassed from w.h.o.r.e.s' fees and they shall become w.h.o.r.e.s' fees again."

darkbro
08-29-2016, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kritikvernunft
Well, with my staunchly anti-Statist views, I find more like-minded people on the darknet than on the clearnet, and certainly than in the real world. A lot of people do not understand anti-Statism, actually. In Islamic terms, it would quite much map to a deep resentment for man-made law. Still, a good number of anti-Statists also reject Divine Law, but I disagree with them about that. Since there shall always be a Law, we could as well settle on Divine Law. My personal belief is that alternatives always degenerate and ultimately become unworkable (=contradictory), and while they collapse, they will create increasingly large amounts of chaos (=fitna).

I personally also believe that fitna is just around the corner now. Since it is coming anyway, we could as well embrace it, and benefit from it. That is why I am always maximally long on anti-fragile assets (which thrive in chaos) such as bitcoin and in theory also gold, but I have not yet found a solution to protect property rights over gold stocks in the presence of social breakdown. I believe that gold will just end up being detected and stolen, and is therefore not necessarily a valid anti-fragile asset, unless you are really well organized to defend your property rights. But then again, property rights are just a tool. They are not a goal in themselves. Hence, if I can avoid the struggle to defend property rights, I will.

Ha! But the currency itself is already riba/interest-infested, irrespective of you borrowing or lending it against interest/riba. The fiat money creation process invariably occurs through the emission of riba/interest-infested loans. Hence, it is not enough to refrain from lending/borrowing against riba/interest for your money to be truly riba/interest-free. Your money must NOT be have been created during a riba/interest-generating process. Hence it is the fiat money itself that is haraam/impermissible.

In other words, Islamic riba/interest-free banking is not possible in the context of a fiat currency, such as the dollar, the euro, the pound, or any other centrally-emitted paper currency. If you want to come clean of being involved in riba/interest practices, you must maximally avoid the use of these fiat currencies. This is what you can derive directly from ancient Jewish scriptures about fiat currencies of which the very origin is riba/interest:

Deuteronomy 23:19: "You shall not bring the fee of a w.h.o.r.e or the price of a dog into the house of the Lord your God in fulfillment of any vow."
Micah 1:7, "For they were amassed from w.h.o.r.e.s' fees and they shall become w.h.o.r.e.s' fees again."
allow me to ask you some questions on the pm ;D

speaking of interest..

It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said: "The Messenger of Allah said: "There will come a time when there will be no one left who does not consume Riba, and whoever does not consume it will nevertheless be affected by residue." (Sunan Annasa'i 4460 )

The Prophet said: "Riba has seventy three segments, the least serious being equivalent to a man committing adultery with his own mother." (Ahmad & Al-Baihaqi in Syu'abul Iman)

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "This night I dreamt that two men came and took me to a Holy land whence we proceeded on till we reached a river of blood, where a man was standing, and on its bank was standing another man with stones in his hands. The man in the middle of the river tried to come out, but the other threw a stone in his mouth and forced him to go back to his original place. So, whenever he tried to come out, the other man would throw a stone in his mouth and force him to go back to his former place. I asked, 'Who is this?' I was told, 'The person in the river was a Riba-eater." (Sahih Bukhari 2041)

*Just a reminding (or new knowledge) for everyone that riba is a huge matter

Still, i dont get the reason why the money i am using is considered riba, eventhough it was used on a riba transaction in a long process.
Say,if i have a dollar from my sallary (that is, say, from a sharia bank) then why should i be given a riba sin? Because i dont have any wish to lend my money to anyone. If it is created from a riba process (central bank's general interest), can you briefly explain the process? What i know is money is circulating, and i never borrow anything from conventional bank.

Scimitar
08-29-2016, 02:43 PM
What are some of the things in Tunisia that would attract you to go there?
The food, the sun, change of pace, and most importantly - Islam. And one other reason. :embarrass

Scimi

noraina
08-29-2016, 04:33 PM
Us Brits long for the sun for 360 days of the year, but when it does come for the five days we don't stop complaining about the heat :D

It was so warm the other day, I was actually happy when the next day it was cloudy and rainy.

The warm climes of the Mediterranean and the Middle East appeal to me a lot, but sometimes I feel very inclined to travel to snowy mountainous areas and drink lots of hot chocolate there and play in the snow.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-29-2016, 05:31 PM
The food, the sun, change of pace, and most importantly - Islam. And one other reason. :embarrass

Scimi
"One" other reason, or "two/three/four" other reasons...

The Khawaarij of the past used to believe that it is permissible for a man to marry 19 wives. The Zhaahiri Madh-hab says men can marry 9 wives.

According to the four Madhaahib, it's no more than four.

Umm Abed
08-29-2016, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
Oh yes need to look into that. Sounds exciting :). Do you have big plans to travel somewhere? :O

For everyone on the thread read this beautiful poem by Imam Shafi:

The Benefits in Travelling

تغرب عن الأوطان في طلب العلى *** وسافر ففي الأسفار خمس فوائد
Leave your country in search of loftiness
And travel! For in travel there are 5 benefits,

تفرج هم واكتساب معيشة *** وعلم وآداب وصحبة ماجد
Relief of adversity and earning of livelihood
And knowledge and etiquettes and noble companionship

فإن قيل في الأسفار ذل ومحنة *** وقطع الفيافي وارتكاب الشدائد
If it is said that travelling brings humiliation and difficulty
And long journeys across deserts and toil and trouble,

فموت الفتى خير له من قيامه *** بدار هوان بين واش وحاسد
Then death is better for a person than him remaining
In a humiliating land between traitors and enviers

Big plans only in the mind lol. But places with nice, historical architecture will be nice to visit.

Nice poem, giving us a good reason to travel ;)

Scimitar
08-29-2016, 08:49 PM
"One" other reason, or "two/three/four" other reasons...

The Khawaarij of the past used to believe that it is permissible for a man to marry 19 wives. The Zhaahiri Madh-hab says men can marry 9 wives.

According to the four Madhaahib, it's no more than four.
Seriously, in sha Allah, I am fine with one :D

Scimi

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-29-2016, 09:50 PM
الحمد لله

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.