/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hajj without a Mahram

Little_Lion
08-26-2016, 01:07 AM
There is a slim chance that, insha'Allah, I would be able to perform Hajj in 2017. And, as you can see from my profile, I am female. :) However, I do not have a mahram I could travel with (I do not have a husband, brothers, or sons, and my father is not in health nor is he a Muslim), and if I wait a couple of years until I am 45 as per Saudi guidelines, my father will not sign off as he hates all Muslims. Yes, I hide my Islam from him for now.

Is there any Islamically legal way for me to "make" a mahram? I read that according to hadiith I need to travel with a mahram regardless of my age in order for my Hajj to count, is this true? If I wait until after my father passes away, which sadly may not be long, I will be without any blood mahram at all. How does one go about getting permission from the Saudi government to perform Hajj in this case? Is it even possible? Or, because I do not have a blood mahram or one that could travel with me, am I exempt from Hajj?

(Please say no, insha'Allah, because I really, really want to go! :D )

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
08-26-2016, 01:27 AM
Sorry to say this but yes, you are exempt

The scholars of the Standing Committee said: A woman who does not have a mahram is not obliged to perform Hajj, because having a mahram is part of being able for it, and being able for it is one of the conditions of Hajj being obligatory. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah) to the House (Ka‘bah) is a duty that mankind owes to Allaah, those who can afford the expenses (for one’s conveyance, provision and residence)”
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:97]

https://islamqa.info/en/3098
https://islamqa.info/en/34380

Little_Lion
08-26-2016, 01:33 AM
imsad

Qadr Allah wa masha'fa'al. Perhaps He is telling me to get married again. I'm rather enjoying being single . . . . :p

islamirama
08-26-2016, 01:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
imsad

Qadr Allah wa masha'fa'al. Perhaps He is telling me to get married again. I'm rather enjoying being single . . . . :p
Enjoy it while you have it :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-26-2016, 11:12 PM
Maashaa'Allaah, it is very good that you have such a strong desire to go for Hajj, sister. However, due to the fact that you have no husband or Mahram at present, it will not currently be permissible for you to go on Hajj.

However, that can be remedied very easily: all you have to do is get married to a good, Muslim husband, In Shaa Allaah. Then you and your husband can go for Hajj together.

Umm Abed
08-30-2016, 07:10 AM
Or if you enjoy single life then perhaps consider being a second wife:p

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-30-2016, 09:48 AM
If a man has a second wife - or third, or fourth - he still has to spend equal time with all of them. He is not allowed to do injustice or oppress any of them. He cannot spend on the one and not on the others. He must spend equally on all four. He must spend time equally with all four.

If he takes the one wife out to a shopping mall for three and a half hours, he must do the same with all the other wives.

Umm Abed
08-30-2016, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
If a man has a second wife - or third, or fourth - he still has to spend equal time with all of them. He is not allowed to do injustice or oppress any of them. He cannot spend on the one and not on the others. He must spend equally on all four. He must spend time equally with all four.

If he takes the one wife out to a shopping mall for three and a half hours, he must do the same with all the other wives.
Thats a whole day's shopping, enough to put any man off having four:facepalm:.

Yes equality is the main issue, but what if any of them agree to different timings, will that be allowed?

aaj
08-30-2016, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam

A wife can forego some of the duties or obligations so as to free herself from it and her husband from accountability. For example, some of the older wives of the Prophet(s.a.w) forwent bedroom nights either do to old age or other reasons and gave that extra time to the younger wives.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-30-2016, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
A wife can forego some of the duties or obligations so as to free herself from it and her husband from accountability. For example, some of the older wives of the Prophet(s.a.w) forwent bedroom nights either do to old age or other reasons and gave that extra time to the younger wives.
Yes. If they choose to forego some of their rights out of their own, willingly, not being forced, then it is fine.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.