/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mom wont let me practice islam

wkostuk
08-26-2016, 03:47 AM
Salaam everyone, and thankyou for clicking my thread.
I am new to Islam and plan to convert very soon.
I ordered these free Cds online to help teach me more about Islam. But I never recieved them. So I asked my mom if she has seen anything in the mail for me. And she said I had gotten some about the Quran, and that it is NOT ALLOWED IN HER HOUSE. I already have a Quaran, a Quaran guide, many pamphlets and notes Ive made. But she does not know of these things. I feel like im disrespecting her and her home by keeping them here, but it is something i hold very dearly.

What should I do?
Do I tell her about the other things ?
Im 19 and plan on moving into my own apartment in october.

Once again, thankyou for taking the time to read this topic . ❤

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Reminder
08-26-2016, 04:06 AM
When I converted, I was told not to tell my family/friends for a few months at least.

By the way, totally understand what you are going through... my mother is atheist and hates that I believe in God at all!

Little_Lion
08-26-2016, 04:06 AM
You are legitimately allowed to hide your Islam from those who would make it difficult for you; this is not against the religion, and though it is not preferable, it is permissible. You may wish to stick to online resources until October rather than hard copies of documents or help guides.

What were the CD's on? Insha'Allah people here will be able to find you the same resources on youtube or in some PDF files or such.

darkbro
08-26-2016, 01:01 PM
Some Prophet's friends also have that tough time.. And they move to another city to practice Islam :Emoji51:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
08-26-2016, 07:16 PM
Salam alaykum

You better wait to October and order then what you like. Until this time - you are now in the right place to find a lot of information about Islam.

Welcome to learn more with us.

Umm Malik
08-26-2016, 10:06 PM
May Allah help you sister
Did you say shahadah ??
You can say it without telling your family until October in shall ah
Because evry single day on islam is important to you ...
Or I'd you have a question you can ask about and we can help you by the answer or by asking the scholars to you
Welcome between us
Your sister Maryam :)

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-26-2016, 10:32 PM
Yes. You can become Muslim without informing your family. You can tell them when the time is appropriate to do so. You will know when.

Don't delay, sister; time is precious. Time waits for no one.

Olivia J
11-27-2016, 02:30 AM
Sister, I hope that you can soon be able to freely worship. As a new Muslim I can understand how difficult it is for you to not only come out to the ones you love. I pray that your mother will understand soon.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.