/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should i start doing namaz?

TheresaGray
08-28-2016, 09:35 AM
Guys, please tell me should i do namaz if i lost my faith in Allah? I really want to get my faith back, if i start doing namaz will it come back? I am namaz wont help me and that cos of that i will become even more depressed

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TheresaGray
08-28-2016, 09:40 AM
*i am scared namaz wont help

noraina
08-28-2016, 12:16 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

Sister, of course you should read salah. In fact, salah is the one thing you should cling on most no matter how low your iman might be feeling. Some scholars even regard it as the criterion between someone who believes and someone who doesn't. Salah is a unique gift given to this ummah, we can worship directly to Allah swt, and you don't want to lose that on any count.

Sometimes, it can be difficult. Sometimes it can feel inconvenient and like a chore, sometimes it feels like it's having no benefit, that happens to everyone because iman is a dynamic, growing part of ourselves, it can fluctuate. Even the Prophet (peace be upon him) said that iman is like a piece of clothing, it can wear out with time and we should constantly renew it.

Even if you don't feel like doing it, force yourself to. Force your heart to submit and one day it will see the true beauty in submission to Allah swt, but only if you let it. Salah will certainly renew your iman, but you have to allow it to penetrate your heart and truly realise that you are praying to Allah swt. And never think it's not helping you, Allah swt has promised that He will respond to our calls, but only if we call out to Him. If something good is withdrawn from us in this dunya, it'll be returned in the akhirah, He is completely Merciful. :)

And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided. (2:168)

Ummshareef
08-30-2016, 09:58 AM
:sl:

Sis, yes prayer is the best way to connect yourself with Allah subhanahu wa ta'alaa, so you should definitely make sure that you say your five salah and also make lots of dua asking for His help with your current situation. In sha'Allah your emaan will come back soon, but be aware that emaan is something that is always going up or down - it never stays the same and needs constant nurturing like a fragile orchid. Try not to feel depressed, but understand that these doubts are merely a trick of the Shaytaan which can be defeated by doing everything you can to get close to Allah. So lots of prayer, lots of reading Qur'an, memorisation, fasting and study will all help. Also adopting more sunnahs in your daily life will make a big difference in sha'Allah. May Allah ease your pain and worries and re-kindle your love of salah. Ameen.
:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aaj
08-30-2016, 01:16 PM
keep your salah and go to jummah, inshallah it will help ignite it back. Also learn more about your deen, strong belief comes from strong knowledge.

Kiro
08-30-2016, 11:00 PM
Yes. Make your intention only for Allah, Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured."

Sahih international

13:28

Other translations include: 'Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do the hearts find tranquility'

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.