/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help me generate a short brief answer please

anonymous
08-29-2016, 04:11 AM
Hi - I will give a brief background

I use to take anti depressants for years. I took myself off them at the end of 2014 because i didn't like the side effects and in the early part of of 2015 I took few weeks off work from stress. I was worn out. Work life and personal life was intense. And i guess my body was flushing all that stuff of pills out.

I found that fitness journey helped the most, but I also started seeing naturopathic doctor for diet and stress. after. Most of the pills I purchased from the doctor seemed harmless. vitamin B, etc.
she recommend a natural herbal thing that could help with memory and focus. a few months ago i didn't receive a refill fast enough and went without it for 1 week and 1/2. The reaction was horrible.

Sluggish and many bruising spots on my body and headaches. So when I refilled I decided to slowly ween off it for a few months. outcome was More headaches, less energy. Life got more stressful and increased work load. I felt so sick. stuck. insane headaches. i felt it was harder to focus on what people say,harder to read. one day I couldn't get out bed.

I have been off work for almost 2 and half weeks. I feel embarrassed, because this is the 2nd time i took myself off pills and now I need rest time again. 3 months recommended by the doctor. I don't know what to say to my boss and people i work with. I gave my boss a doctors note. So she has some idea. I received a text from someone at my work asking me how I am. I don't know what to say. the text is still on my phone from a few days ago. because whatever i say could be repeated in the office. i don't want people to worry more then they need too.
I don't want to say I was burnout from work.
What can I say without impacting my career negatively? help me generate a short brief answer please

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
drac16
08-29-2016, 04:41 AM
Just be honest. Say that you're having medical issues and that you're not able to work right now.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-29-2016, 09:27 AM
The truth is always best. By speaking the truth, you can always avoid problems in the long run.

Say the truth. People will understand, In Shaa Allaah. On the other hand, if you make up some lie or excuse, and people later find out that it isn't like that, then they will distrust you. So avoid that by speaking the truth in the first place.

May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant you complete Shifaa (cure), Aameen.

M.I.A.
08-29-2016, 12:37 PM
tell them your still waiting for your luggage at arrivals.

:/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
08-29-2016, 02:37 PM
Hijama will help you to remove the toxins your body has built up inside itself from all the meds you've taken over this time in sha Allah.

Scimi

darkbro
08-29-2016, 02:47 PM
Dude, take a leave and travel.
Probably for a month, 2 months..

It answers.

sister herb
08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
^ Running away from your problems might not help. Better to face them. Be honest (like someones already adviced you). Tell you got medicine from your doc and they seem not to be suitable to you and make you feel sick.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-29-2016, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Hijama will help you to remove the toxins your body has built up inside itself from all the meds you've taken over this time in sha Allah.

Scimi
Excellent idea. The OP should definitely go for Hijaamah (Cupping), In Shaa Allaah.

darkbro
08-30-2016, 01:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
^ Running away from your problems might not help. Better to face them. Be honest (like someones already adviced you). Tell you got medicine from your doc and they seem not to be suitable to you and make you feel sick.
i said take a leave, annual leave or something like that. which part is running away? i just see a workaholic that has no time for himself. if he is too shy, or.. well, diseases are private things anyway, he just can ask for a holiday so that they will interprete it themselves and he doesnt have to explain it

cooterhein
08-30-2016, 02:25 AM
A good sample reply, in my personal opinion.

"Hey, thanks for checking up on me, I appreciate it! I'm having some medical difficulties, don't worry it's not at all life-threatening. I'm still figuring some of it out, it will take a little time before I even know as much as I'd like to. It will be okay though, I'm working on it."

popsthebuilder
08-30-2016, 03:54 AM
You don't have to disclose all info in order to stay honest. Your personal health is your business. If you choose to disclose the details then feel free. Otherwise just specify that you needed time off for personal reasons.

Peace

anonymous
08-30-2016, 07:31 AM
Man
i am female. the cup and travel sounds good. I wish I can spend time addressing everyone but I have a headache

I sent the text to soon. you guys are really good with ideas
i basically used the first post in thread. because that was the only one I saw"
"Say that you're having medical issues and that you're not able to work right now. "

Man I should have been patient for the rest of the responses.
I was stressing and wanted it over and done with.

I would have prefered saying personal reasons. damn it. I think need clarify that it is not life threatening.
damn it. what if people start making me a card and gift. they do that in the office . that is over the top. I think i should see my boss. but i am so tired.
You guys gave me goodies. But i shouldn't have rushed the text. Maybe I should send a 2nd text. it was 24hrs ago
I need to relax, but now I am debating a 2nd text. man technology great but it can be stressful. Let's help me relax and do damage control on the next text please.
thank you forum people.

Scimitar
08-30-2016, 02:07 PM
Let us know if you need a list of female hijama practitioners in your locality إن شاء الله

Scimi

anonymous
08-30-2016, 03:44 PM
^i googled the cup thing. i think i will be able to find someone.

i am still thinking about a 2nd text.
don't know what to do.
i don't want people to think it's life threatening

anonymous
08-30-2016, 04:53 PM
i showed someone the text. they said it's fine

i am going to try to sleep

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.